• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying weed first before trying mushrooms

Theres no need to smoke weed before doing Mushrooms, some people say u should and that their similar but everyone reacts differently to shrooms. One of my friends hates weed and shrooms another loves weed n cant handle shrooms and i get paranoid off weed and feel peaceful on shrooms. It's about how u r mentally if u r in a good mind set and u take a normal amount most likely youll have a good trip but if ur depressed or take to much, chances r you'll have a bad trip.

Theres no need to smoke weed before doing Mushrooms, some people say u should and that their similar but everyone reacts differently to shrooms. One of my friends hates weed and shrooms another loves weed n cant handle shrooms and i get paranoid off weed and feel peaceful on shrooms. It's about how u r mentally if u r in a good mind set and u take a normal amount most likely youll have a good trip but if ur depressed or take to much, chances r you'll have a bad trip.
yeah it does seem like your mindset would play a pretty big part.

also i do agree. it really depends on the person, so i'll just have to see how i am :D

Both my girlfriend and I tried mushrooms before having tried any other drug except alcohol. Both of us started at 1g and both had the most wonderful times of our lives. Weed was tried much later and we both didn't like it much and were glad we didn't smoke before doing psychedelics. They don't feel similar at all. Then again we were both about 20.

I couldn't imagine what taking psychedelics at 14 would have done to my life. I'm really glad I didn't though. I feel like even if you have a good experience, it will be hard for you to relate to everyone at school after a couple good trips. And people won't catch up to you for a long long time. You may have a good time though, and I know you'll do what you will :).

Smoking a little weed is unlikely to prepare you appropriately for any quantity of shrooms worth worrying about in the first place, but that doesn't mean it'll be detrimental to the experience either. If you think you'll feel better with an even only vaguelly comparable experience under your belt when you take shrooms then that's an end in itself. Taking enthogenics for the first time can be daunting and anything you can do to put your mind at ease is a worthy goal.

Also, you've already touched on it so I'm probably preaching to the choir here but given your age you should try to keep your drug use experimental rather than habitual, try new things but keep it moderate and you'll probably thank yourself for it a few years down the road. I get the impression you already know this but I can't help reiterating it. I'm by no means a veteran at the age of 21 but I'm thankful I left it as long as I did (the age of 18) before I got into serious chemicals properly, and no doubt if I'd left it longer still I'd thank myself even more still.

Good luck though, I hope your trip surpasses expectations.

Smoking a little weed is unlikely to prepare you appropriately for any quantity of shrooms worth worrying about in the first place, but that doesn't mean it'll be detrimental to the experience either. If you think you'll feel better with an even only vaguelly comparable experience under your belt when you take shrooms then that's an end in itself. Taking enthogenics for the first time can be daunting and anything you can do to put your mind at ease is a worthy goal.

Also, you've already touched on it so I'm probably preaching to the choir here but given your age you should try to keep your drug use experimental rather than habitual, try new things but keep it moderate and you'll probably thank yourself for it a few years down the road. I get the impression you already know this but I can't help reiterating it. I'm by no means a veteran at the age of 21 but I'm thankful I left it as long as I did (the age of 18) before I got into serious chemicals properly, and no doubt if I'd left it longer still I'd thank myself even more still.

Good luck though, I hope your trip surpasses expectations.
see this is the type of answer i was looking for. i've pretty much already made the decision to smoke before i try shrooms simply because anything that may make me more comfortable with the thought of being in an altered state.

I am most definitely planning on keeping it experimental until i'm fully developed. Even once i'm fully developed addiction isn't good even then, so i don't think even when i'm fully developed i want to get into any drugs habitually. drugs or more fun when you only use them every once in awhile. i would imagine that using something every day would make it so it's a boring and repetitive experience, and using every once in awhile would make it like a treat.

Thanks for the advice everyone! it helps alot.

haha never said you denied it :p

i agree. dumb elitists. 14 year olds can trip too man!!! haha

you're a cool kid nearjat =D

Not to be mean but honestly I hope you save these and look at them in 4 years because you will laugh when you read them. I laugh at how much I knew about the world when I was 14, and Im 19 now. One thing shrooms made me realize is I had alot of learning to do. I would say wait until youre done with high school at least to do it. However you seem pretty set on it. You will prbably have your mind blown though.

i find it absurd that people are educating a 14 year old on xanex
stay safe kid. take it slow and fully educate yourself before you put anything into your body
you will know when the time is right
you have lots of life ahead of you to enjoy things like this

I tried mushrooms for the first time when i was 14 and i absolutly loved them. In fact i started loving them abit too much and once tripped about 3 or 4 times in one week. Since tolerance to shrooms builds very rapidly but goes down over a period of about a week i would double up on the dose. But even doing that by the time i got to the 3rd day in a row or whatever i was basically getting no effects whatsoever. Shortly after that i learned to respect shrooms and only took them now and again.

By the time i had first taken shrooms i had a fair amount of experience with drugs. I had already gotten drunk numerous times, taken alprazolam, codeine and had smoked alot of hash. Some of the hash we used to get was so strong that i would hear voices on the stuff if i was lying down. Also when i was 13 i took 2 trips (if you could even call it that) on dimenhydrinate. That was absolutly horrible and bordered on torture not to mention how dangerous it is. Ya it was so awful i had to try it twice. Smart one ain't i 8) .

Weed won't prepare you for a mushroom trip as the effects are nothing alike whatsoever. Shrooms are all about how you are feeling at the time of the trip, the setting in which you take them in and such and such. Im not going to tell you not to take them just because you are 14 because alot of people i know got into them at that age with no problems.

I will tell you to start off at a really low dose though just to get the feel of them and to be around people you really trust. Also try and not fall into that trap where you think you arent going to come down because that is just the shrooms making you think that time is much slower then it is. Also have a trip sitter present that isint on anything to make sure you don't do anything stupid.

If you are going to take them have a safe and happy trip.

Remember that weed can cause extreme anxiety to some, and if you happen to have a bad experience on weed, it might negatively affect your mushroom trip. My first drug was cannabis(age 16, I wish I had waited a few years), and while I had fun at the first few times, after a while it started causing anxiety and paranoia. Then when I started experimenting with other psychedelics, the thought of pot causing these feelings caused me to psych myself to "bad trips". Took a long time before I could really enjoy pot again.

Anyways, as others have said, smoking weed won't prepare you, and if I were you, I'd probably just eat the shrooms before starting smoking.

I hope you find what you're seeking from mushrooms, and be wise enough not to get sucked too deep into psychedelics at that age. Overconfidence can bite you in the ass, at least it did for me.

"There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college"

i find it absurd that people are educating a 14 year old on xanex
stay safe kid. take it slow and fully educate yourself before you put anything into your body
you will know when the time is right
you have lots of life ahead of you to enjoy things like this
thanks. i'm taking it slow, and i make sure i'm educated before i jump into things (i've been researching shrooms for a year now).
I tried mushrooms for the first time when i was 14 and i absolutly loved them. In fact i started loving them abit too much and once tripped about 3 or 4 times in one week. Since tolerance to shrooms builds very rapidly but goes down over a period of about a week i would double up on the dose. But even doing that by the time i got to the 3rd day in a row or whatever i was basically getting no effects whatsoever. Shortly after that i learned to respect shrooms and only took them now and again.

By the time i had first taken shrooms i had a fair amount of experience with drugs. I had already gotten drunk numerous times, taken alprazolam, codeine and had smoked alot of hash. Some of the hash we used to get was so strong that i would hear voices on the stuff if i was lying down. Also when i was 13 i took 2 trips (if you could even call it that) on dimenhydrinate. That was absolutly horrible and bordered on torture not to mention how dangerous it is. Ya it was so awful i had to try it twice. Smart one ain't i 8) .

Weed won't prepare you for a mushroom trip as the effects are nothing alike whatsoever. Shrooms are all about how you are feeling at the time of the trip, the setting in which you take them in and such and such. Im not going to tell you not to take them just because you are 14 because alot of people i know got into them at that age with no problems.

I will tell you to start off at a really low dose though just to get the feel of them and to be around people you really trust. Also try and not fall into that trap where you think you arent going to come down because that is just the shrooms making you think that time is much slower then it is. Also have a trip sitter present that isint on anything to make sure you don't do anything stupid.

If you are going to take them have a safe and happy trip.
thanks for that. i didn't think it was that big of a deal to be doing it when i'm 14. i'll make sure to start small and have someone around to help. i'm getting weed tonight and smoking tomorrow with some friends, so i'll report back on how that went.

I feel like you should skip the weed, its not even in the same catagory of altered mid state. It will make you lathargic and just all around not a good stepping stone

I couldn't imagine what taking psychedelics at 14 would have done to my life. I'm really glad I didn't though. I feel like even if you have a good experience, it will be hard for you to relate to everyone at school after a couple good trips. And people won't catch up to you for a long long time. You may have a good time though, and I know you'll do what you will :).

I cannot say this with certainty as I do not know the OP, but I have a feeling the OP already has had trouble relating to his peers since he seems pretty mature. Around his age I felt more mature and intelligent than most of my peers. I have learned to accept the negative aspects of humanity but not get caught up in them. Just because someone is a fool does not mean that one should not be friendly with them or be condescending. OP, do not let psychedelics (or life in general) isolate you from or peers or lead you to thinking of yourself as above them. Read through the thread Psychedelics and Social Alienation.

I feel like you should skip the weed, its not even in the same catagory of altered mid state. It will make you lathargic and just all around not a good stepping stone

Weed makes you lethargic if you are in a lethargic environment. If there is music blasting or interesting people to talk to, you will not be lethargic.

I cannot say this with certainty as I do not know the OP, but I have a feeling the OP already has had trouble relating to his peers since he seems pretty mature. Around his age I felt more mature and intelligent than most of my peers. I have learned to accept the negative aspects of humanity but not get caught up in them. Just because someone is a fool does not mean that one should not be friendly with them or be condescending. OP, do not let psychedelics (or life in general) isolate you from or peers or lead you to thinking of yourself as above them. Read through the thread Psychedelics and Social Alienation.

Weed makes you lethargic if you are in a lethargic environment. If there is music blasting or interesting people to talk to, you will not be lethargic.

Yeah, it some ways. It has a strong affinity for being a depressant though.

All feelings about how weed feels it still isnt a real prep for shrooms, the two feel alot different and the head space is way different

i know your probably going to do it anyway but theres a few things here.

your 14. i dont think anyone should use any kind of mind altering substances before your brain is fully developed around 18-20. it may the best experience of your life and it may end up being the event that triggered the rest of a fucked up life. the mind is the kind of thing that cant be anticipated or predictable. i personally like mushrooms but when i first tried them before being a experienced pot smoker i didnt understand what was going on and i kinda didnt experience the experience correctly haha. its so hard to explain how the mind works between two people.

botoom line i say wait a few years before fucking with mind altering substances. but if your gonna do it now i say try a half eigth and if you do smoke the weed, do NOT expect the experiences to be similar at all. only use the weed to understand that your mind can be altered from the sober state. haha i dont know if that makes sense but yeah. and unless you absolutely love smoking weed the first time, dont do it with the shrooms.

i know your probably going to do it anyway but theres a few things here.

your 14. i dont think anyone should use any kind of mind altering substances before your brain is fully developed around 18-20. it may the best experience of your life and it may end up being the event that triggered the rest of a fucked up life. the mind is the kind of thing that cant be anticipated or predictable. i personally like mushrooms but when i first tried them before being a experienced pot smoker i didnt understand what was going on and i kinda didnt experience the experience correctly haha. its so hard to explain how the mind works between two people.

botoom line i say wait a few years before fucking with mind altering substances. but if your gonna do it now i say try a half eigth and if you do smoke the weed, do NOT expect the experiences to be similar at all. only use the weed to understand that your mind can be altered from the sober state. haha i dont know if that makes sense but yeah. and unless you absolutely love smoking weed the first time, dont do it with the shrooms.
i'm obviously still going to do it (as previously stated i made up my mind before this thread), but thank yo for your input. i'm planning on starting with an extremely small dose, and i don't expect the experiences to be similar. as previously stated, i just want to have experience with being in an altered state, not necessarily one certain altered state.

i'm not going to do shrooms until i have a good experience with other drugs.

thanks for the input though.

alright so i'm getting the weed in like 20 minutes and smoking it tomorrow so i'll post back on how it went.

Alright so here's how it goes. i just tried pot for the first time. i'm on it right now. have been for around an hour. i'm not feeling much, my friend got a little paranoid, and his girlfriend just got plain high.

pretty fun but since i'm not entirely feeling it it's not amazing. we'll try again tomorrow. pretty fun though.

might take a few tries to work. How long are ou waiting until you try the mushies?

might take a few tries to work. How long are ou waiting until you try the mushies?
till i'm at least decently experienced with pot. not taking any chances. situation has to be perfect though.