• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying weed first before trying mushrooms

does X not have much of a chance for a bad trip?

MDMA has a fairly low potential for paranoia and dysphoria, especially when you've done your reading. I think for inexperienced users who know little about the drug its public image as a lethal substance can lead them to severe hypochondria though, with perceived palpatations and imaginary dehydration giving the impression they're going to end up in hospital. Generally though, having your brain flooded with seratonin tends to inhibit the kind of negative feelings that can marr other experiences and its for this reason that its often used in conjunction with other more unpredictable psychedelics as a kind of 'insurance policy' against a bad trip.

sounds like a drug i might try eventually.

is it addictive at all or is it like other psychedelics (no physical addiction)?

lol, somebody needs to make their way over to the Ecstasy Discussion. Perfecfect recreational drug-- my DOC.

Unless you're smoking some of the Great Lakes finest danks, out of a nice bong, cannabis is useless to prepare you for a psychedelic experience.

But here is my 2cents.

I tried LSD a week before Mushrooms. And this was a couple weeks after my 15th birthday. Both experiences being amazing. The 2 hit of LSD (strong too) blew my mind but made the 1/16th of mushrooms seem like child's play. Then A week after that I ate an 1/8th of different mushrooms.
And holly fuck, that was a wild ride. Way more of a blast in the face, haha, you're tripping! That was the night I really learned about mushrooms, was seeing insane visuals, less real then the LSD, but more like cartoons in the flesh. I was hearing alien languages coming from the T.V., and had the best body buzz. I think when you get feeling AMAZING on shrooms it beats the the buzz of MDMA. But that also comes with, when shit gets weird on mushrooms, shit just gets weird. I've been pretty scared on mushrooms before, although it might sound odd, I like it a little. As long as you go with the flow the scary shit usually ends up being totally cool, unless you're in the wrong place. Also, the comedown from the 1/8th of mushrooms had me a wake and crying due to a rough emotional strain on my body from something that happened a few years earlier, but the comedown really helped me get through the situation. :)

So with that little rant I'll say this. I first did LSD and shrooms when I was 15, but had already been smoking weed for a while, and had been smoking good cannabis for about a year. I'm so happy I decided to take the psychedelics, because I had a lot of fun with them through out High School. I miss the late night trips with a few good friends, all of us not having the responsibility of being adults. That is fun as fuck right there.
I would also say don't try any other drugs before turning 18. Cannabis, LSD, and Shrooms is all you need in High School. Stay away from MDMA, Special K, DMT, and other fun drugs until you're brain is more developed.

Unless you're smoking some of the Great Lakes finest danks, out of a nice bong, cannabis is useless to prepare you for a psychedelic experience.

But here is my 2cents.

I tried LSD a week before Mushrooms. And this was a couple weeks after my 15th birthday. Both experiences being amazing. The 2 hit of LSD (strong too) blew my mind but made the 1/16th of mushrooms seem like child's play. Then A week after that I ate an 1/8th of different mushrooms.
And holly fuck, that was a wild ride. Way more of a blast in the face, haha, you're tripping! That was the night I really learned about mushrooms, was seeing insane visuals, less real then the LSD, but more like cartoons in the flesh. I was hearing alien languages coming from the T.V., and had the best body buzz. I think when you get feeling AMAZING on shrooms it beats the the buzz of MDMA. But that also comes with, when shit gets weird on mushrooms, shit just gets weird. I've been pretty scared on mushrooms before, although it might sound odd, I like it a little. As long as you go with the flow the scary shit usually ends up being totally cool, unless you're in the wrong place. Also, the comedown from the 1/8th of mushrooms had me a wake and crying due to a rough emotional strain on my body from something that happened a few years earlier, but the comedown really helped me get through the situation. :)

So with that little rant I'll say this. I first did LSD and shrooms when I was 15, but had already been smoking weed for a while, and had been smoking good cannabis for about a year. I'm so happy I decided to take the psychedelics, because I had a lot of fun with them through out High School. I miss the late night trips with a few good friends, all of us not having the responsibility of being adults. That is fun as fuck right there.
I would also say don't try any other drugs before turning 18. Cannabis, LSD, and Shrooms is all you need in High School. Stay away from MDMA, Special K, DMT, and other fun drugs until you're brain is more developed.
thanks! very helpful post!

as far as acid goes, i've heard it's fuckin amazing. my friend was telling me about his experience with it. he goes "alright so this is all i gotta say. i watched three episodes of friends. the tv was off the whole time" apparently also the lucky charms leprechaun came out of the tv and started talking to him. they were talking about how much of an ass tony the tiger is. his friend was looking at him going "who the hell are you talking to man?" he's just like "dude it's that leprechaun from the lucky charms commercial. we're talking about how we're gonna kill tony the tiger..."

sounds so fun!

I haven't read through this thread but, maybe get used to the weed before jumping into mushrooms, i did shrooms first then a few months later did weed, i wish i did it the other way around!

thanks. that's what i was planning, and i definitely don't want to end up wishing i'd gotten used to weed first.

gotta take precautions.

Ionno what your relationship to TV is, but I highly recommend avoiding it while tripping. Hell, it bugs me sober. Go out into nature.

Definitely smoke weed first ROFLMAO. I wouldn't do any serious psychedelic before at least trying weed a few times first. That said they're on completely different planes and it probably can't really prepare you. But it gives you a taste of "mind expansion" especially if you get high as fuck.

Weed's not a big deal, but that doesn't in any way take away from its awesomeness.

It's about the same "level" as being drunk except it can't make you hateful/angry/stupid or hung over in a negative way after. Actually I'd say it's about 1000x superior to alcohol in every way. It's just the worst thing that can happen on weed is you get a bit paranoid (never happens to me personally but others I know it does occasionally)

It just makes you peaceful, happy, and thoughtful.

Damn I wish I had a connect :p. Ironically I can get LSD more easily right now than weed :(

Last edited:
Definitely smoke weed first ROFLMAO. I wouldn't do any serious psychedelic before at least trying weed a few times first. That said they're on completely different planes and it probably can't really prepare you. But it gives you a taste of "mind expansion" especially if you get high as fuck.

this is the reason you should try weed first, if you've never altered your mind with substances your best to go slowly, alcohol and weed are the best to start off with, i cant really say that about weed though because i tried shrooms first and was fine while i did them but the shit it did to my head which ive only come to terms with a year later wasnt to nice, just be safe and go slowly, any substance can fuck you over if you dont go slow, just like my first time on ecstasy it was a great feeling but so good that i freaked out and thought people i knew were gonna die. E isnt the drug for me though as i dont have much serotonin. lol good luck though with whatever you choose to do and make sure your in a positive mind set :)

As far as watching TV goes, I wouldn't watch anything dramatic or suspenceful. tripped me out lol.

and I would say that MDMA has very low potential for bad trips or a bad time. And this is coming from someone who had a terrible time on all but one of his ~30 MJ highs. hell, 75mg of DXM was uncomfortable for me lol.

were are you getting your mushrooms? picking? or are they coming from a completly reliable source?
if your picking be very careful and have someone with you who knows wat to look for and wat to pick

My first experience with MDMA was incredible, but I can't say the same for shrooms. I was an idiot and impulsively decided to take booms during a day my parents were home... didn't turn out well. The setting was horrible and I got agitated during the peak of the trip and flipped a shit. Just have a good location and setting for your first shroom trip, and don't fight it.
You should probably have more experience with weed before you trip if only to get used to dealing with stressful situations and keeping your cool. I was a chronic smoker, about 7-8 bowls a day, and I didn't feel like marijuana prepared me for mushrooms at all. Idk, that's my take on it.

My first experience with MDMA was incredible, but I can't say the same for shrooms. I was an idiot and impulsively decided to take booms during a day my parents were home... didn't turn out well. The setting was horrible and I got agitated during the peak of the trip and flipped a shit. Just have a good location and setting for your first shroom trip, and don't fight it.
You should probably have more experience with weed before you trip if only to get used to dealing with stressful situations and keeping your cool. I was a chronic smoker, about 7-8 bowls a day, and I didn't feel like marijuana prepared me for mushrooms at all. Idk, that's my take on it.

I don't think you need to be prepared really but im thinking smoking would help you realize how intense even weed can be, you really cant be prepared for shrooms anyway, its unlike anything you have ever done so you just gotta go into it positive and relaxed, othewise i guess you could just slowly dose each time like get your body used to the stuff then keep doing it until you dose enough to reach a dose that makes you trip and i mean over a long period of time not a day but over a few weeks, thats the only way you could really be ready for it but who has that kind of time. get used to weed, then down some shrooms i reckon :)

as far as acid goes, i've heard it's fuckin amazing. my friend was telling me about his experience with it. he goes "alright so this is all i gotta say. i watched three episodes of friends. the tv was off the whole time" apparently also the lucky charms leprechaun came out of the tv and started talking to him. they were talking about how much of an ass tony the tiger is. his friend was looking at him going "who the hell are you talking to man?" he's just like "dude it's that leprechaun from the lucky charms commercial. we're talking about how we're gonna kill tony the tiger..."

sounds so fun!

LOL. Your friend was probably pulling your chain a little bit there. Better not listen to him too much if you really want to know what acid's like.

By the way, weed won't really prepare you in any way for a psychedelic. In my case, psychedelics were more of a preparation for weed than the reverse.

personally, I don't think trying weed before mushrooms would make any difference experiencially at all.

WHilst most people might naturally do it - mushrooms are beautiful, spiritual, hilariously giggly, colourful, about as natural as you can get without growing your own weed.

So if you have done your research and go into a mushroom experience with your eyes open then go for it!! I might add that smoking weed more than occasionally when you're under 18/19 is bad for your development. So consider that...a mushroom trip might (probably will depending how many you take) provide you with insights into yourself you otherwise wouldn't have had for years!

Peace,wouldbe cool to know what you decide.