• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hong Kong girl dies after ketamine snorting contest

That's worse than intra-rectal beer 'chugging' contests.

Also, what does one do at a party while in a massive khole? Get raped?

Last edited:
that is a nice video :) reminds me of my k days haha. kidneys in forever bad shape due to it.

i know some guys back in the day could easy do a ball of keta snorted in 1 or 2lines straight after the first line.

I also do not think she died from this :)

Ketamine is not physically addictive and even if you consume huge amounts over a long period of time, the only thing that it can do physically to your body is damage your bladder - and the jury is still out on that as it seems some people are predisposed to it or it's only certain 'types' of K. I'm sure there are reports of people (John Lilly?) using it daily for a year without any long-term side-effects or withdrawals.

It's considered relatively 'safe' because it has such as wide dose margin. It's virtually impossible to overdose on. You could, for example, take 10x the required dose of ketamine and be physically fine - could you say the same about paracetamol (acetaminophen)? Not only that, it is also given to children and the elderly as well as accident victims.

Finally, regarding neurotoxicity: http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resources/mediaguide/neuroscientific: "Cigarettes, which have only weak mental effects, are amongst the most physically harmful (they damage the brain by dramatically increasing the risk of stroke in the long term) while LSD and ketamine, which produce profoundly altered states of being, have perhaps the least lasting effects upon the human brain."

No you can't develop a physical dependance to it, but you can't develop a physical dependance on cocaine or methamphetamine, but nobody would argue that they aren't addictive.

As for the bladder damage, the only people who would claim the jury is out there are the same ones who would claim that MDMA neurotoxicity is still unproven, or some equally self-deluding crap spewed to justify ones own drug abuse. You're right that it's very hard to fatally OD on (by itself), but that's hardly the sole measure of safety.

Not that I have anything against K. Like I said, it's one of my favourite drugs, and if it was still available in my city I'd be a regular user, but that's no reason to ignore the potential dangers.

As for the video, I doubt she died from the K alone, as has been said you'd pass out or clog your nose up long before you snort enough K to die. It's possible she was using other drugs concurrently though, if she'd been drinking heavily, or using other CNS depressants, it could happen.

i had no idea you could even snort that much, surely your nose/throat would just get blocked up, or you'd be in too much pain? i think she must have been pretty fucked up to do this in the first place.

Have we established this is real an not a ruse from the propaganda ministry of the PRC yet to show the harm of drugs?

That made me cringe watching that. Poor girl. Anyone who does that is asking for disaster!

That was ridiculous, it was a probably a line of glucose or sugar.

Just dumb regardless. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb, stupid.

Idiotic behaviour.

at what point did that girl not think that she would not end up in hospital or in a serious condition?

even 1/4 gram line and id be in the largest hole that i dont think id get out of for a long time.

For people saying she didnt know what she was doing and that it was her first time.....how the hell is somone gonna snort that much k their first time, she obviously had a huge tolerance or else she would burned her nose too much to continue.

Wow this thread is ancient and it got bumped I love it.

I highly doubt it was her first time snorting Ketamine, and if it was it's her own damn fault for not researching the chemical that she snorted an heroicly epic ammount of.

Im not saying she deserved to die, noone deserves to die just because they're doing drugs, but have some goddamn common sense man cmon, who in their right mind would do that?

lots of people ripped on someone in this thread earlier for suggesting most of the powder must have ended up in her lungs. As far as I can tell, that is totally accurate is it not?

unbelievable. if that was a coke snorting contest sure but you're snorting a fucking psychedelic that will bring you to ego death and in her case actual death :/

I am just astonished at how someone could snort 10g of K in a line (so loco)

For some reason out of all the menacing, outrageous shit i have viewed on the www, this video always stands out....

nice resurrection

call the president. this one's outta control.

seriously though that's a ridiculous amount of just about every drug to take, especially intranasally

Jesus!, Just watched the video, and the line is absolutely massive, a line of that size made of any drug would probably make you OD!!

I have real doubts about the legitamicy of this.

Wish i was at that party and in that girls bed lol....

WTF?
So you could fuck her convulsing, gasping body as life was slipping away from her?
So you could add rape to accidental overdose death on the list of her problems that day?
So you could search for the boundary between rape and necrophilia?
Sicko.