• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hong Kong girl dies after ketamine snorting contest

If you're using one of the safest drugs known to mankind (ketamine), and you still manage to kill yourself with it...

Well, I simply don't know how to comment on that kind of situation...

What is there to say?

Knowingly ingesting something such as tobacco that is known to cause cancer?
Ridiculous. But real.

Meh, at least I know how I'm probably gunna die....

That's more than you can say for yourself, non-smoker! :D Muhahahaha!

What in the hell were they thinking? That line of k was at LEAST 10 feet long! They were making the girl even go back and snort parts that didn't make it up her nose. They had to have known that would most likely kill her.

If you're using one of the safest drugs known to mankind (ketamine), and you still manage to kill yourself with it...

Oh come on, I love K as much as the next guy, but it's fairly addictive and does horrible things to your body when abused chronically. It's hardly 'one of the safest drugs known to mankind.'

Oh come on, I love K as much as the next guy, but it's fairly addictive and does horrible things to your body when abused chronically. It's hardly 'one of the safest drugs known to mankind.'

Ketamine is not physically addictive and even if you consume huge amounts over a long period of time, the only thing that it can do physically to your body is damage your bladder - and the jury is still out on that as it seems some people are predisposed to it or it's only certain 'types' of K. I'm sure there are reports of people (John Lilly?) using it daily for a year without any long-term side-effects or withdrawals.

It's considered relatively 'safe' because it has such as wide dose margin. It's virtually impossible to overdose on. You could, for example, take 10x the required dose of ketamine and be physically fine - could you say the same about paracetamol (acetaminophen)? Not only that, it is also given to children and the elderly as well as accident victims.

Finally, regarding neurotoxicity: http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resources/mediaguide/neuroscientific: "Cigarettes, which have only weak mental effects, are amongst the most physically harmful (they damage the brain by dramatically increasing the risk of stroke in the long term) while LSD and ketamine, which produce profoundly altered states of being, have perhaps the least lasting effects upon the human brain."

This is almost a year old, so forgive me if the link doesnt work anymore....

Well, I simply don't know how to comment on that kind of situation...

What is there to say?

I haven't read through all five pages but I'm willing to bet that she had no idea what she was doing; that she knew little--if anything--about the drug she was taking. It sounds like something a completely naive first-timer would do. Perhaps she felt pressured into sort of proving herself in a group of her friends who may have been users. It just doesn't make sense that someone would snort that much K unless that person has no idea what they're doing. Stupid, yes, but some of the things said on the first page were rather harsh.

I love this quote! <3
I find sugar addiction and TV addiction to be extremely serious.
I do not indulge in either, personally, and do not permit my children to eat sugar or watch TV.
(I don't let them use Ket either, but once they grow up, they might decide to try any of these things...)

(I would personally prefer them to become addicted to weed and psychedelics, for example, than sugar and TV, or alcohol and tobacco.)

With respect to the second of Jam's fine quotes, a lot of EXTREME stupidity can be attributed to those who abuse alcohol, and tobacco.
Knowingly ingesting something such as tobacco that is known to cause cancer?
Ridiculous. But real.

Thanks for the kind words :).

I am still not convinced anyone can actually fit enough K in one's nose to lethally overdose.

One possibility (perhaps?) is that she got too much powder in her lungs, and suffocated. In that case the damage would be physical and have nothing to do with Ketamine. It is still unnecessary bad press for a drug that has so much unexplored medical potential.

Thanks for the kind words :).

I am still not convinced anyone can actually fit enough K in one's nose to lethally overdose.

One possibility (perhaps?) is that she got too much powder in her lungs, and suffocated. In that case the damage would be physical and have nothing to do with Ketamine. It is still unnecessary bad press for a drug that has so much unexplored medical potential.

THANK YOU for saying that, I got shot down earlier in the thread for suggesting a lot of the powder must have ended up in her lungs

If this video does ever disappear from the net (ptff ya right) let me know, I saved a hard copy when it first showed up and I can upload it any time.

Glad this thread got bumped.

The first time I watched this video I almost vomited but it's sort of like a car accident, you just have to keep watching.

This girl is quite a fucking moron but at the same time, with friends like that who needs enemies? Even if it wasn't the toxicity of the Ket that killed her, I imagine the K hole would be so deep, intense and long lasting that you would want to kill yourself.

Wow...what a waste :/ These are the types of things that give drugs a really bad name. Poor girl... what an insane amount of powder to inhale through the nose. Peer pressure at its finest.

^ I just watched that video. What a fucking waste, I could have used that amount of K to medicate for a month :/

Yeah I wish someone with good medical knowledge would explain if it is possible that so much powder would cause some kind of pulmonary issue. I mean, where DID all this powder go? Certainly not in her sinuses...

how could she do that and not think for a second that that would lead to inevitable death