• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Bad Mcat Experience, any advice much appreciated.

I've just had a phone call from my daughter's head of year asking whether she has taken M-cat, as it's rumoured around the school. After looking at the symptoms on this website, I'm horrified to find that she has. What I took to be the flu were all side-effects of this drug. She complained of aching legs, her temperature kept alternating soaring and chilling. At one point, she jumped up and said "how do I stop these pins and needles, look at my feet". When I did, I could see the veins pulsating madly. I wanted to call the doctor but she said there was no need. She was in bed for three days before recovering. Looking back now, knowing what I know now, I realise that she could have died, like those other young lads the other day. This stuff attackes your circulatory system - hence the jumping veins and aching legs, causes high fever and convulsions, fries your brains, and kills you. It's plant fertilizer for gods's sake. Research has shown me that long term usage, if it doesn't kill you, can send you crazy. Why poison yourself, when you've got your whole lives ahead of you.

9 months on, I am pretty much back to normal.

I have the odd anxiety spell but now I know it is all brought on myself by worry. I don't think about it and everything is fine.

With all these deaths, I feel I was lucky, but I have met so many people who have had similar experiences. This stuff is so dangerous. Please think twice before you take it.

Mcat

Mcat is mephadrone,i took some recently and had the worst come down i've ever had.legs were like jelly,mad thoughts and basically felt like shit.not just physically but mentally as well.i hallucinated off it and wud not reccomend this drug to no one.No drug is good for u but cocaine is nothing compared to how this makes u feel.i took ketamine bout 6 months ago and the effects are not as bad but on the same level.i felt like shit on that as well.this drug needs to be banned!!!!!!!

I've just had a phone call from my daughter's head of year asking whether she has taken M-cat, as it's rumoured around the school. After looking at the symptoms on this website, I'm horrified to find that she has. What I took to be the flu were all side-effects of this drug. She complained of aching legs, her temperature kept alternating soaring and chilling. At one point, she jumped up and said "how do I stop these pins and needles, look at my feet". When I did, I could see the veins pulsating madly. I wanted to call the doctor but she said there was no need. She was in bed for three days before recovering. Looking back now, knowing what I know now, I realise that she could have died, like those other young lads the other day.

First of all I am really glad that your daughter is okay <3

Secondly, it is really concerning me that every single day I am hearing more and more bad cases of mcat/meph use. This is a really dangerous group of drugs, and people need to KNOW the pros and cons, side-effects, risks etc. One of the reasons why people are being so careless with re-dosing and extended periods of use is that they just aren't aware of the potential negative side-effects of this group of drugs.

This stuff attackes your circulatory system - hence the jumping veins and aching legs, causes high fever and convulsions, fries your brains, and kills you. It's plant fertilizer for gods's sake. Research has shown me that long term usage, if it doesn't kill you, can send you crazy. Why poison yourself, when you've got your whole lives ahead of you.

I understand that you are a concerned parent and I completely 100% respect that. But one of the reasons this entire website exists is so that we can make sure people are getting the correct information about the substances they are choosing to take. So I must respectfully correct you on a few things.

Mcat is not plant food. It is merely sold under the guise of "plant food" in order to get around the legal loop-holes of purchasing the substance online.

Also, we actually don't know what the long-term effects of this class of drugs are because it's only been around for a couple of years. And keeping in mind that there have only been a small number of deaths linked to cathinones, the majority of them were due to a combination of drugs taken at the time, not due to mcat/meph/etc alone.

Sorry if it seems like I'm nitpicking, but like I said, here at Bluelight we strive to make sure the most accurate information about drugs is presented so people can make educated choices.

Take care <3

Last edited:
Mephedrone is such a strait up terrible drug. It makes me go "wtf man?" about ever doing RCs in the first place... my only rational behind doing a lot of the psychedelic RCs is that they were not really and different from any other "classic" tryps/phenphens, just different flavors. Some of these newer designer drugs are litereally new ways of getting high, and in that case you're truely being a guinea pig. Thankfully the internet is so invasive nowadays, and not only do people have all this information at their finger tips, but they can see how much they and others change and then monitor themselves/each other. ...Unless they're all banging drone...ugh.. "It's LIKE doing E and cocain!" "DO E and Cocain."

hiya, i posted a comment around 4 months back and didn't get much feed back to what i was concerd about, which is heart pains. As we are all most likely aware the use of this drug has increased rapidly over the last 6 months and i've now took this around 10 times, and usually have a gram to my self now? I have however stopped using this for good now, due to my heart pains seriously increasing and i have constant struggles to breath after drinking or eating most things, due this its leads me to worry vastly leading myself to having slighty anxiety feelings. If anyone could tell me what damage i could have caused to my heart would be really appriciated, thanks again :)

i'm getting nice little hits off small 10mg lines of Meph... I'll redose a couple times then call it a night. No hangover, no obvious bad effects other than perhaps a little anxiety. The longer the session, the greater the anxiety... I havent swallowed it yet but if/when I do it will be in 25mg bombs. All this talk of 200mg bombs & massive euphoria & intense rushes does not apeal to me at all.

But there's also an awful lot of talk about heart pain amongst the less responsible of Meph users & I'm wondering if some of this might be anxiety related chest pain, rather than actual heart pain...

I can't believe (though I do, I mean, I just can't comprehend how...) all these extreme acute reactions people are having from Mephedrone. I guess everyone is different, but after AT LEAST 60 grams of the stuff down my neck and up my nose over a 1 year period, I've gotten light persisting heart pain and anxiety. But I had several 3-4 day binges on the stuff, and for the first 6 months I thought it was simply a WONDER DRUG, with very few side effects, very little come down/day after, and absolutely amazing effects. Not to mention NO ONE I introduced it to has ever complained of anything, everyone has had a good experience (except one friend, but his reaction was to too high of a dose, and more of an overwhelmed with the effects thing, not side-effects like these). Unfortunately, nothing lasts for ever, and since the first use it became more and more obvious this stuff had a dark side. But so many people seem to experience it right away. Perhaps it's because I've never abused any stimulant before? Had a FEW MDMA uses, and used Amphetamine simply for school when overwhelmed with work, Cocaine once or twice. Nothing substantial. Mephedrone was my real introduction and it hasn't been since I first tried it, that I've realized stimulants have some serious appeal.

My experience with meph completely differs, then again, this is a TDS thread, so I guess you wouldn't find these stories here. It just strikes me as odd, the huge variation, no other drug I've read about seems to have this many extreme acute reactions, contrasted with stories like mine.

i have witnessed a similar effect
at a house party everyone was taking mmcat and there was a girl that only took one small line and was normal, it had the normal effects on her and when she wen for another one she took the same qauntity of mmcat then 30 secs later she was lien on a bed screemin ripin her face of with her pupils the size of flying sausers it took her around 4 hours to come round and she said the only thing she could remember was scratching herself and feeling extreme fear,

very very dangerous substance , looks ok acts ok but no1 knows what it capable of doing!

Hey, have you been a good girl and kept away from that stuff? I found your thread the other day as I was suffering from the after effects from touching that poison!!! I used to take Coke quite a bit a while back (on weekends when partying) and haven't had anything for a long time... I got far to Drunk when partying in Leeds on the weekend and got talked into touch Mkat... At the time I was happy, and having a good time with friends..."OH MY MUTHA FUNKER" after I went home to sort my head out (had about 6 lines) I couldn't sleep, couldn't stay awake, thought fair enough, i can handle this (as i've experienced it before) but it got worse and worse and worse, the weird tingling all over my body, followed my complete dizzyness, loss of strength, inability to think etc.. very much like your experience! Day 2 and I still felt on another planet, completely spaced out, still uncoordinated, feeling seriously depressed, and those tingles have not gone away! It's day 3 and after doing some mental exercise and an hour at the gym I feel much better... but the psychological scar will always remain... I had an amazing night and some great times i will never forget with friends, BUT NO way worth the hell I went through! (I still have some tingles throughout my body which are quite strange, but i'm hoping they will go)
The feeling of togetherness and love, drugs can provide is quite amazing... it's just a shame the downside is our mental & physical health. I would rather live a sane and long life, than a short and insane one!
Just for the record, people take it all the time... far far more than what i did that night, and seem to function pretty well with no feelings like mine, maybe my body just can't take it.. which is a good thing as I will be back on the wagon staying free from the Narcotics!!

Let me know how you have been getting on :)

Luke

Let me just tell you this. If you don't do anymore, youll be ok!! I promise.

Hi!! ive had MCAT a few times now and every time i wonder why i bother!!, i had some in a club once and i fell down and couldnt get up and as you say everything was shakey i cudnt see anything at all!!!, had it again weekend just gone and it happened to me and my friend.. think its the result of having too much at once lol

You know you're getting old and out of touch, when you click on a thread like this, thinking you're going to help someone with their medical school admission test.

another viewpoint

Well... Not sure if this will help, or even if its the same drug, but this is what I know about a substance we simply call cat:

Firstly, I'm from South Africa, and we call it plain out cat or if your dealers talkative, he'll call it methicathinone. Sold in small bankies, commonly in half gram (R100, usually crushed and fairly often cut) or gram sections (grams are normally still uncrushed, and its much easier to guess its quality in this form). Good cat is pure white, sold in lumps, crushes easily into a fine, fine powder, when rubbed inbetween two fingers will almost immediately disappear, tastes... Well, that's difficult to describe, basically it tastes harsh, a sharp taste that won't leave your mouth. When you snort it, it burns on the way up, will cling slightly to a nose hair, and iv always had an almost immediate mucus reaction to cat (yeah, that's snot running like crazy to the average folk).

SWIM's little ritual is to take a short plastic straw, use it as a scoop and shake out a line onto any none porous surface (not fond of mirrors, I'll admit. Close view of snorting aint exactly pretty :p), if I'm feeling ceremonious, didn't lay it out neatly or if a few lines are cut out for different noses I'll use a card and make em skinny and about 3-5cm's long. Deep breath in, snort it up, then plug the nostril and massage it, then wet a finger and run it over the surface and lick your finger clean. If SWIM didn't crush it properly, or huffed a bit on the inhale, SWIM'll gob a finger and run it around the inside of the nose to either (as disgusting as it sounds) gather it up for oral ingestion or just to spread it around. Then the straw will be used to drink water through, rinsing it (cat has a habit of filming the straw, which means its dirty aswell as a waste), then some water will be splashed onto SWIMS face, with some poured up the nose and snorted till it hits the back of the throat.

After a line, I'll stand up, feel nothing till iv washed my face and stashed the baggy and the straw, and then I'll feel a short pull, a rush. Knees on occasion will disappear from my bodys map and everything will tilt sideways, vision included. Generally I just feel a small hum at the back of my head, which will come into full force the second I see someone and have the opportunity to talk, I'll then proceed to have a helluva conversation with them, until I get distracted. (Note: I mainly use cat at work, as I average roughly 110 hours at my workplace). If its not busy, and there's no clients, I'll start cleaning, polishing things, doing paperwork, planning new systems and projects, generally be a lil all star with all the cylinders firing and pumping out idea after idea. I'll do it tirelessly, relentlessly for roughly two hours, when I'll dip. If I'm socializing, I talk allot, with an unexplained need to share personal stories or information with anyone who happens to be there. And another thing, I can socialize or I can work, but I really struggle to multi task when I'm under the influence. To stay peaked, I'll redose every 2 hours (a constant mistake I make) which always drives me to a twitchy state (the biggest mistake you can make is to think of another line, as you struggle to dismiss the thought).

I always have a large meal before hand, since I know I can't eat while tripping. I won't carry cash with me, as I'll blow it or hand it out. I'll constantly drink sweet cooldrinks or fruitjuices (water tastes funny with cat still tickling the throat, and I always get an uber craving for sweet flavours) as you do burn up a bit, run at a high body temprature while not taking it easy and sweating generously, none of which you notice all that easily. I also pay close attention to my "twitches", which may be paranoidly paying too much attention to my nose or my jaw grinding left and right constantly (first time I used heavily I didn't know how to do it safely, and couldn't chew anything days after I came down as the jaw was a bit on the useless side).

Remember: stay hydrated, eat a large meal before a trip, if your tripping for a long period of time that will include normal mealtimes, invest in food supplements or find something you can get down your throat. I'd suggest having an aid to come down, either a roll up, some sleeping tablets or a few drinks, as they help break cats hold and allow you to sleep and eat easier (aswell as make the hangover a bit kinder). If you plan on tripping for awhile, make sure your stash is sufficient to last your or you can get more till you decide to come down, as an involuntary or sudden cut in dosage feels like HELL, leaving you a quivering paranoid wreck until it works itself out of your system.

Some other random things... Cat will sometimes be a tad yellowish, my theory is that this is simply ephidrine that didn't bond well with its base, and will turn into a almost gooey substance under any heat or handling. Just as potent as normal cat, much harder to get into your system nasally but superior if you drink it or smoke it.

Cut cat: the market I buy from has around 20 guys who buy from 3 main suppliers, and each supplier has his own source, which means the quality of the days batch depends on who, when and how much you buy. Its most commonly cut with chalk (nothing pisses someone off easier, that's for damn sure), salt or baking soda (thankfully, that's rare as it feels bloody terrible). These are easy to spot as they crush more difficultly, don't powder well, don't dissolve when rubbed between your fingers, tastes... Not like cat and when snorted, doesn't exactly burn and there's no mucus. When crushed in its baggy, cat will cling slightly to the bottom of the baggy unevenly, depending on your method of crushing, where as cut cat will coat the entire baggy in a chalky, grainy white powder. Beware of this, as either it'll just feel and taste like crap and won't do anything or will spin you into a shit trip that will constantly be a freak out as your dose did contain minor amounts of cat but larger amounts of other crap that just messes with you (in my experience I havnt found anything deadly, dealers don't wanna kill you, and mixing in common chalk is much cheaper and effective than actually going through the effort of adding another chemical)

Don't redose to often. Ever.
Taking cat is like overclocking your pc, your body gets much hotter, your heart beats faster, you burn through "fuel" pretty damn fast (remember, not eating means your not adding fuel and you then promptly lose weight bloody fast) yet don't slow down until you stop re dosing.

I wouldn't suggest mixing cat with ANY other substance, including booze, as the variables become too much and you can't accurately predict of the trips going to be safe or even enjoyable. I do, however, strongly suggest getting super goofed and then sleeping, as its the easiest and most effective way for me to sleep and eat, or if your not that way inclined, having a drink or two also breaks the cat focus and let's you sleep (yes, there's a difference between boozing and one or two drinks. With cat, boozing means hitting a club and partaking in large scale drinking games till you suddenly feel as if every jagermeister smalls into you at once and either pass out or have a bad experience)

I can't suggest a method of intake, as SWIM uses his nose. Cats been orally ingested, yeah, but always as a lines companion, and in a minor amount. smoking its been tried once or twice, if the baggy runs empty and I can't get more and I hit into a bad crash. Smoking it, if I may place an observation, doesn't take you up, but rather brings you back to middle for a few hours with minimal twitches and psychosis involved, but SWIMS not fond of smoking a powder so its never an option with regular dosing, but always handy to keep in mind as generally the last traces from a baggy is enough to get you lucid after three days of lines.

Mmm. What else have I observed that might help others... Always clean your nose, as a gunky substance builds up!

Oh. Never ever take a large dose. Cat is NOT easily noticed to psychotropic, and as such you'r inclined to forget your tripping, or believe you arnt when you well and truelly are. Think of it this way, you can be the eager beaver and sniff up a monster of a line and promptly condemn yourself to upto 6 hours the effects to actively dissipate aswell as a mean hangover for upto 3 days of torture, or you can take too little, wait an appropriate period of time to make sure and then redose and enjoy the effects of the substance. as most uppers, the more you use it the more you gotta use, but take careful note of the interval between redosing aswell as the amounts you use. I'd suggest for a first time user a forced once off dose (as soon as the euphoria of that first dose fades your going to want to redose, but should avoid it to observe its effects properly) , maybe an interval of 2-3hours for a regular user and 2 hours for a user who doesn't mind twitching, as long as he can complete a suduko in record time while color coding the local library and telling your life story to the 8 year old who asked what the time is.

Good news is though, your threshold re sets to normal as soon as week after using.

Caffiene the next day is a saviour, as your gonna feel pretty damn tired. Your also gonna go on a food binge, with the severity increased by the length of the trip.

Also, this stuff makes you constipated, as you eat nothing and crap less.
It does give you bad skin

You lose weight in a bad way, as in you use over a long period of time, irregularly or regularly, and will lose a good few kilos without noticing it.

And, to all the people who claim that it increases sexual desires or impulses, I completely and utterly disagree, as it makes me largely uninterested in sex.

Meh. Anyway, hope any of this helps? If there's gaps, or if I'm mistaken, or don't make sense fully, or you have a question that I might be able to either answer or find an answer to, post a reply (please don't PM as this is a public message board, and the general idea is that we share information, advice and opinions)

veteran user

Hi folks, I am also from SA and have been doing 'cat' for a while now,alone and with friends. To be honest, since matric(gr12) but heavily for the last 3-4 years.

For the long previous post by a fellow SA member, I can relate from my own experience it seems as if the poster has been doing it for a while also. ^^ 'he' seems to be able to control himself with limiting his doses, whereas I struggle. I cant get enough and will finish 2 grams in 24 hours. Don't get me wrong, not that the 'cat' i get is crapware no, infact im only getting stronger 'cat' from my dealer.

As for him doing it at work...well that tells me he is not new to 'cat'. I believe ,and I think everyone, felt selfconcious/prob would not do it at work the first time. Like he said, focusing on one task is 'do-able', but multitasking can get rough. I will start to wander off topic and only later realise it, by having to constantly think about what I am doing; not that it is harder, but I seem to drift off topic easily.

At home though it is 'fun' as no obligations/deadlines are required as at work.

It allows me to sit infront of my pc for hours playing online games, like from saterday night straight through to sunday afternoon/evening easily, without eating, only snorting and drinking juice/wine.

I must confess I am currently high on 'cat'. I have finished the first baggie around noon today, and about 1/3rd into the second one.

From all the posts it seems there are lots of 'flavours' and mixes of 'mcat'/'cat'. But for me the general consenses , except for the OPs experience with dizzyness and numb ligaments; staying awake, non-apetite, and light hallucinations looks like the common symptoms.
I Should also confess that though I do not experience a craving for this drug, before I realise..., it is next weekend with me snorting again. I feel this is the only danger of this drug for me.Except for the rush, I would be able to function in society, but this 'ritual' is starting to get out of hand.
Of-course everyones situation is unique, but I feel as though I am attaching other activities with the snorting ritual and it is creating an 'double-exitement' in my mind. I am looking forward to every weekend to snort and waste gamers around the world. I can go for weeks without snorting 'cat' and all will be great, only to catch that 'cat'-monkey on my back before I realise what I have done.

I hope you guys understand what im trying to say, it's not the drug that gets you under, but instead your just trying to re-live the good times while 'high' and and bubbly.

@the OP, i have never experienced your symptoms... But we are continents apart so who knows what they put in that line you had.

My only real advice is ,if you are gonna keep on snorting, get a dealer that you can trust,product wise, and don't just buy or snort any powder, you never know what is in there.

Keep safe, and never party alone.

Last edited:
Imy left foot is tingling and I felt feint at WORK of all places today! Took mcat Friday night and still feeling the effects. SO GLAD to read I'm not alone and IT DOES WEAR OFF!!!

That's the main fear - if your reading this - scroll up and down and read the bits where people says IT DOES WEAR OFF! I have just BINNED about 1 gram worth as this will only happen again if I did it again.

Shitting it that I was going to pass out at work - HO-RIF-IC!! Im very quite anyway so no one noticed anything... I'll post when I start feeling normal. This is the second time its happened. Took on Friday 7th and felt horrific AT WORK on the morning if Wednesday 12th. That's how long it took for 400mg to clear from my system and it went out with a bang.

Last fri night (it's Tuesday now), I thought it was a one-off to feel that dodgy, so I got drunk and took 200mg and it was like I still had it in my system as it reset the way I felt. I can only hope I'm over the worst and it's going to clear again tomorrow...

Your far better off just having a few drinks and having a laff (I'm tempted to say "fuk drugs")

Imy left foot is tingling and I felt feint at WORK of all places today! Took mcat Friday night and still feeling the effects. SO GLAD to read I'm not alone and IT DOES WEAR OFF!!!

That's the main fear - if your reading this - scroll up and down and read the bits where people says IT DOES WEAR OFF! I have just BINNED about 1 gram worth as this will only happen again if I did it again.

Shitting it that I was going to pass out at work - HO-RIF-IC!! Im very quite anyway so no one noticed anything... I'll post when I start feeling normal. This is the second time its happened. Took on Friday 7th and felt horrific AT WORK on the morning if Wednesday 12th. That's how long it took for 400mg to clear from my system and it went out with a bang.

Last fri night (it's Tuesday now), I thought it was a one-off to feel that dodgy, so I got drunk and took 200mg and it was like I still had it in my system as it reset the way I felt. I can only hope I'm over the worst and it's going to clear again tomorrow...

Your far better off just having a few drinks and having a laff (I'm tempted to say "fuk drugs")

Update - around 24 hours later from writing this - I'm still getting a "pulsating buzzing sensation" from my left foot, around the toes and base area. It's not as intense as last night. I felt only very very slightly feint/dizzy at work today and it didn't impare my performance at all. It's obviously wearing off. It was about 200mg (or maybe 400mg) mcat on Friday night (it's wednessay 19:47 now), maybe about midnight, when I took it. And the worst episode of feeling feint/dizzy was yesterday at about 10:30am. It seems to clear in your sleep, but being sat at work, in that seating position seems to bring it back on. I sat with my left leg outstretched today and it seemed to reduce the "pulsating buzzing" sensation. Which seems like the blood being pumped/forceed through more narrow veins. I'm writing this to reassure anyone who is living through this nightmare now. IT WIL END are the best words you will be more than delighted to hear. This makes u seriously worry about your future as it seems to never end - BUT IT WILL END!! :D

Update - around 24 hours later from writing this - I'm still getting a "pulsating buzzing sensation" from my left foot, around the toes and base area. It's not as intense as last night. I felt only very very slightly feint/dizzy at work today and it didn't impare my performance at all. It's obviously wearing off. It was about 200mg (or maybe 400mg) mcat on Friday night (it's wednessay 19:47 now), maybe about midnight, when I took it. And the worst episode of feeling feint/dizzy was yesterday at about 10:30am. It seems to clear in your sleep, but being sat at work, in that seating position seems to bring it back on. I sat with my left leg outstretched today and it seemed to reduce the "pulsating buzzing" sensation. Which seems like the blood being pumped/forceed through more narrow veins. I'm writing this to reassure anyone who is living through this nightmare now. IT WIL END are the best words you will be more than delighted to hear. This makes u seriously worry about your future as it seems to never end - BUT IT WILL END!! :D

Update - it's thu 13:49 and I felt ok in the morning but dizzy today. I started work at about 9:30am and but 10:20 ish started to feel dizzy but not as bass as Tuesday. My hands keep getting twinges in between my fingers too. Seems ok now though. I felt it had nearly ended on Wednesday (Yesterday) i have been researching it and its called Vasoconstriction. Seems like it will pass... I just dread to feel dizzy at work and have someone immediately appear next to me asking about 10 difficult questions quick fire as it may be obvious that in dizzy at that point...

Update - it's thu 13:49 and I felt ok in the morning but dizzy today. I started work at about 9:30am and but 10:20 ish started to feel dizzy but not as bass as Tuesday. My hands keep getting twinges in between my fingers too. Seems ok now though. I felt it had nearly ended on Wednesday (Yesterday) i have been researching it and its called Vasoconstriction. Seems like it will pass... I just dread to feel dizzy at work and have someone immediately appear next to me asking about 10 difficult questions quick fire as it may be obvious that in dizzy at that point...

It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. For me. And I'm feeeeeelin guuuuuud! (Aka feeling normal) tremendous relief. This is the day when I'm a certain its over! This will be the last post. My foot was buzzing a bit but its nothing... If youre reading this the just hang in there - IT WILL END. It's friday now, 19:28. I took it last Friday about midnight. That's your timescale. If it lasts longer it's because u took more or more more sentive or both. My advise if to only do mcat once a month. Maybe less. It stays in your system ages and every time you take it it APPENDS to the last (and precious) times.