Bad Mcat Experience, any advice much appreciated.

Thanks for clearin me up on that, these websites can be VERY confusing and misleading when trying to find out summet about drugs!
Well as far as I know it is MCAT what we've bin doin, sold as plant food on the net? Very pure white and crystaline?
Are you sure your facts are right there (dont mean to sound like a smart arse or anything, it's just I'm hearing a LOT of different things from a lot of different sources, and not much seems to match up, what is this stuff!??)
It's kickin off a right buzz here in hull, england! And yea a gram is normally what ends up gettin dun and has never caused anxiety, nothing but good times!?
I am laying off it for a while because like I said about the chance of a slight psycological addiction, but by no strech of the imagination do I feel myself NEEDING this. And feel, and have felt very much my normal self again within 48 hours of taking?
Hit me back as I am not so much worried about me, but friends of mine who are abusing it a bit.
Cheers

in my personal experience, never do more than 500mg

lots of people i know are abusing it. not good

Nah not gud, but so far doesnt seem to be doing too much damage.
Just need to find out if people have actually taken, or are taking, what they think they are taking! Whoever cums up with the names needs a slap!

Hey dudes,

Just a quick note to let you know that im still here, and finally after two weeks the bad side effects mostly went away. ;)

Occasionally i get a weird flash if i open and close my eyes, but i would say that im about 95% back to normal.

Had to take a week off work UNPAID though, simply cause i couldnt think straight, and there is no way i could have handled speaking to people on a professional level, that wasnt good! :(

Anyway, the "eat loads of bananas" tip seemed to help......

I really wish MCAT didnt have such a bad effect on me, cause i thought i was absolutely amazing....... =D

There's no way to know what she really took, but it wasn't methcathinone. Cathinone and methcathinone have been schedule I here for decades, they are not sold online anywhere by even the shadiest of RC vendors. Mephedrone and that other junk are all pretty popular these days, it was most likely that. And don't kid yourself, all of those analogs are illegal to use in the US, there is no legal gray area. Dealers sell this junk with all sorts of made up names or as other drugs but the dealers themselves don't even understand what is they are selling and don't care. Be careful.

Right'o, dunno bout the methcathinone then!
But apparently MCAT is 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC) is mephedrone, as you say. However according to the FRANK website, this is similar to meTHedrone which is completey WRONG, I posted a link I found about it, DON'T MIX THEM UP OR DIE BASICLY! But apparently it is similar to methYLone, whatever that is.

So yea.. apparently MCAT = 4-MMC (4-Methylmethcathinone), which is MePHedrone.
But we cant ignore the earlier post by someone saying it was methcathinone, which is a BK (whatever that is) of methamphetemine! wikipedia seems to back it up pretty solidly!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methcathinone

So whats goin on people, does anyone REALLY know what this shit REALLY is!?

So MCAT doesnt = methcathinone as posted by cegli ^^^???

It does, but I'd hazard a guess that the OP doesn't know the difference and their friends/the site they bought their Mephedrone from is just calling it MCAT.

AFAIK nobody in the UK (or EADD for that matter) is taking Methcathinone but they'll still refer to Mephedrone as MCAT because they don't know the difference, its just being used as slang.

I'm 99% sure the OP is talking about Meph.

Right'o, dunno bout the methcathinone then!
But apparently MCAT is 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC) is mephedrone, as you say. However according to the FRANK website, this is similar to meTHedrone which is completey WRONG, I posted a link I found about it, DON'T MIX THEM UP OR DIE BASICLY! But apparently it is similar to methYLone, whatever that is.

So yea.. apparently MCAT = 4-MMC (4-Methylmethcathinone), which is MePHedrone.
But we cant ignore the earlier post by someone saying it was methcathinone, which is a BK (whatever that is) of methamphetemine! wikipedia seems to back it up pretty solidly!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methcathinone

So whats goin on people, does anyone REALLY know what this shit REALLY is!?

No no, believe me. MCAT is not Mephedrone. MCAT aka MethCATithone has been illegal for a very long time and is certainly not sold online. I doubt many people here have taken it, unless they synthed it themselves or got it passed off as Meth to them.

I think this is the confusion. Mephedrone is sometimes called MMCAT by people and then they sometimes mistake that for MCAT. If enough people start making that mistake, then more people call it MCAT and things get really confusing. It should be like this:

MCAT = MethCAThinone
MMCAT = 4-MethylMethCAThinone.

but people might mess it up.

From Wiki:
Street slang for methcathinone may include terms such as MCat (pronounced "em-kat")...

Basically it's very unlikely anyone you know is doing methcathinone. Most people like meth better, and the synthesis is just as easy for meth.

Last edited:
Right right, yea I checked out wiki and yea it seems MCAT IS methcathinone. And I've bin seein people, n av bin myself, of my head on it. I don't and can't see why methcathinone is'nt what people are taking!? But I dont know, I've never had the two together to compare!
And like a say it WAS bought off a website as a LEGAL HIGH, or PLANT FOOD.
This is a very confusing mess!

Dun more research n yea u are right!

Not to be confused with methedrine, methedrone, methadone, or methylone.
Mephedrone (2-methylamino-1-p-tolylpropane-1-one) [2], also known as 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC) or 4-methylephedrone, is a stimulant and entactogen drug of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes. It is sometimes sold as "plant food" online, is reported to be contained in some legal highs and is sometimes sold mixed with methylone, also known as “Bubbles”,[3] "miaow miaow", or MMCAT.[4]
It has been reported that manufacturers are making "huge amounts of money" from selling the drug.[5]

Appearance
Mephedrone is most commonly sold as a white powder or crystal form or capsules containing the powder.[6] It can also be found in pill form.

History
The Pyschonaut Research Project, an EU organisation that searches the internet for information regarding new drugs, first identified mephedrone in 2008. Their research suggests that the drug first became available in 2007.[4] The drug was used in early products, such as Neodoves pills, by the legal high company Neorganics, but the range was discontinued in January 2008 after the government of Israel, where the company is based, made mephedrone illegal. It has been reported to be sold as a designer drug,[7] but little is known about its pharmacology or toxicology as of yet. Mephedrone has recently been reported as having been sold as "ecstasy" in the Australian city of Cairns, along with ethylcathinone,[8][9][10] and has also been reported in Europe and the United States.[11][12] It is reportedly currently manufactured in China.[13]

Effects

Intended effects
According to the company Crew2000, intended effects include increased alertness, euphoria, excitement, feeling of stimulation, urge to talk, and openness.[3]

Side effects
According to the Darlington Drug and Alcohol Action Team it can cause nose bleeds, nose burns, hallucinations, blood circulation problems, rashes, anxiety, paranoia, fits and delusions.[1] According to the company Crew2000, other problems may include poor concentration, poor short-term memory, tachycardia, palpitations, anxiety, depression, hyperhidrosis, mydriasis, trismus, and bruxism.[3]

Long-term effects
The BBC News reported that one person who used the drug regularly for 18 months had to be admitted to a psychiatric unit after he started experiencing hallucinations, agitation, excitability and mania.[14] Due to the short history of the use of mephedrone, nothing is known about long-term effects.

Typical usage and consumption
The Guardian reported that some users compulsively redose, consuming their whole supply when they only meant to use a small dose.[15]

Toxicity
At present, very little is known about the toxicity of 4-methylmethcathinone. Reported side effects suggest it may cause pronounced peripheral vasoconstriction, which has been speculated to result from formation of the potent vasoconstrictor 4-methylephedrine as a metabolite,[2] a compound known to have significantly more cardiovascular toxicity than ephedrine itself.[16] Reports of addiction and problematic use have also emerged.

Deaths
On December 14, 2008, an 18-year-old Swedish woman died in Stockholm after taking mephedrone in combination with other drugs. The 18-year-old and some friends took the substance in combination with cannabis on the night of Friday, 12 December. An ambulance was soon called to Bandhagen after the girl went into convulsions and turned blue in the face, Svenska Dagbladet reports.[17] Mephedrone was scheduled to be classified as a "dangerous substance" in Sweden even before the girl's death at Karolinska University Hospital on Sunday, 14 December, but the death brought much more media attention to the drug. The handling of mephedrone became classified as a criminal offence in Sweden on Monday 15 December (2008).[18]

Legal status

United Kingdom: Mephedrone/4MMC is currently not covered by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971; psychiatrists have lobbied for it to be banned.[13] It is, however, an offense to sell it for human consumption. On the 20th of November 2009 it was announced by county Durham police that anyone found in possession of mephedrone will be arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an illegal substance such as cocaine or amphetamines.[1]

No one knows what this drug is, the same as that white powder from the corner or that brown from that afgan shop.
In general people rate 4MMC as VASTLY superior taken orally to nasally. 50mg nose may feel quite nice, but you cannot get 200mg up your nose fast enough.....Also there have been many reports of it feeling unsafe and toxic when snorted and like a coke/mdma hybrid orally.
I've taken 3g over the last year and I have to say that it does what you expect when you know a decent coke high with decent MDMA high and cut the length down. But it aint the same, just similar.
Ideally no more than 500mg a session and less than once a month.
However we don't know. I have taken 1g over less that 24 hours several times and had to use GBL to be able to sleep/eat.

And if there is anything that you are desperately keeping inside for whatever reason, about you friend in London, You sisters husband, your brothers dog or the state of your financial affairs, then you will be discussing those subjects with someone....no lie. Best make it on here rather than your local bar:|

m cat

Hiya, its been really intresting to read about other peoples experiences. Me and my firends have done what we think is 'mcat' on 3 or 4 ocassions each time onyl consuming half a gram each, the drug was often took with alcohol and weed and to be honest it was deffinatly the best nights of my life, 10 horus of the night flew by so quick and i just didnt wanna stop! I have tried coke before however this was ntohing in contrast with the feelin i felt during mcat, it has been metioned by several of you abotu nervousness, anxiety ect. however on no of the occasions have any of me or my freinds ever been effected by this. However it was a month ago now when i had last took it and since the first time i did i have sufferd awful heart burn and indegestion ever since and was wondering if anyone had a simular probelm? as i am beginning to worry that i may have done some permamnent damange to my body? any responses will be extremly apprciated, many thanks.

We host all the mephedrone threads in EADD and shit theres a lot of them.
If you dared to spend 10 hours of your life reading up on some of the shit we've got for you then you would be saying no mo drone.....or making if at all sure it really is pharm grade 4MMC and say between 2 of you doing 500mg orally over a session, like in a shot glass ( don't taste that bad)....me I do 100mg shots and space throughout the night, but others have been known to kick straight in with the 500mg motherfuckers......and there hearts will not thank them....not ever.

mcat

hey i was taking mcagt over the new year and i feel like SHITTT!!!I cant eat or even sleep properly and i feel like ive ran a marathon, i was also throwing up blood yesderday,,,
I will never take it again as i know its had a awful effect on my body!Im goin to the doctors 2 moro if i feel no better...please dont take it people its not worth it!!!!

Vbro, i feel exactly the same, i was doing it over new years too and quite a bit , and it was really good to be honest it was great but now i feel like poop it feels like i only done it yesterday i havent eaten since thursday and having trouble to sleep, i feel like i need more of it but it's not worth it seriously, this is the worst feeling ever :(

mephedrone, being sold 'on the street' as "MCAT", has been getting popular in the UK recently.

that is 4-mmc

hello, i also had a very bad trip i would say on meph, are dealers are start to bash it as we can tell its gone from crystal to powder form and has a slight difference of a smell. we went to hardcore heaven but i cudnt get in due to lack of my id so i decided to head back to a freind with another freind that didnt act want to attend and we were smashing in the lines on the way back on the train !!, had about 5-6 cans of beer aswell and felt banging !! we got to my freinds house where there was sum strong stinky (cannabis) witch i love to mix with the meph :D we were all having a laugh drinking beer and spirits ( witch i have done ALOT when taking meph and never had any side effects) but it was time for everyone to go there different ways by this i was MASHED and my only freind decided to put his head down for the night from here this made me go into extreme paranoia for a straange reason like a feeling of being left on my own ! from here now everything collasped (i can onli just remebber to this point looking back on it but here we go lol) i rember getting what we call jitter eye ( where your eyes flutter and ping quickly) and i was walking round and my thoughts were out of control really evil i.e killing myself no one liked me everyone was after me and it felt as there was people in the room looking at me and what not witch made me feel soo bad by now i was really panicking pacing up and down i starting to go freezing cold but with a horrid sweat and my jaw was all over the place my heart was ripping out of my chest and i was compelty pale ( as a freind was awake the hole time but didnt tell me he was slying watcing me) i kept turning the lights of and on and was thinking it was going from daylight to dark (scary) and calling out random maths sums, it felt like i was dead but still walking and i was in a different body watching myself !! i was also in the garden taking stars from the sky and putting them in my pocket because i was told by sumfink or sumone that if i didnt i would have an overdose things from here were unbarelybe i was trying to tell my freind that i needed to see my family as i was dieing but i was saying it in my mind as i cudnt speak everything had a slight blue tint to it !! after all of this i had enough and cant reemember anything but i woke up on a sofa feeling STRANGE my thoughts were still running like mad ! its been 3 days and i still smell of it, ive done alot of other drugs e.g ketamine, mdma , shrooms and pcp and tripping extrmely heavey before but a nice tripp nothing compares to this because it was actaul hell !! this drug is getting very unpredictable and its out of controll !! i mean me and a few freinds have gone through up to 9 gs a night and with heavy drinking and felt fine i onli had around half to a g this night and i was MAULED i high light that because i hope no one has to go through that !! im lucky and feeled blessed that i have made it through that experaince just be carefull befccause dealers are getting paranoid and greeded soo they are mixing it with harmfull chemicals to the ones that proberly in the shitty powder anyway !! cheers for you time hope this help !! :) X P.s PEOPLE BE CAREFULL LIKE OTHER PEOPLE SAY TAKE THIS DRUG IN MODERATION are dealers are addicted to it and proberly put away 50 personaly to them selfs a week and they are fucking horrid skatty weridos DONT GET LIKE THIS... thnx you :)

Hello all

First post etc

I'm not a big drug user, well I'm not in fact, done stuff in the past a few years back, I'm in a pretty bad way, its what now Tuesday and I took 1.5g of Mcat on Sunday throughout, was fine on it until I woke up the next day, normal symptoms of really dry mouth, dilated pupils, runny nose, lips are cracked big time, major pain!

All that isn't bothering me though, I still haven't been to sleep, hard nothing to eat since Sunday, apart from a slice of toast which took me ages to eat, very strange, also feeling very cold every now and then and the heating is on, sweating like a hooker in church at night and have this really funky smell every now and then oozing from my body, I'm also shaking uncontrollably when I'm not even cold, all I seem to be doing is drinking water and smoking, just wondering if I should wait it out or get my ass to the doc asap.

nice one cheers!