European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

shake n bake meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Well aside from DN, I suppose you could either travel down to London where it's more common or talk to people in the gay community if you have one (they're probably the biggest users in the UK).

My advice would be to try and forget about it though. If you do find you like meth, it's incredibly addictive :\

Ok, I've turned gay. Now gimme yer drugs... ;)

Attend a gay chemsex party and I'm sure you'll be sorted in no time LOL =D

I'm from North East not too far from Middlesbrough in a small village surrounded by country side so it is always so boring. In my little village there is no gay scene so I have no luck there. I am travelling down London later in the year though so maybe I will have some luck trying it while I'm down there. I have heard it is incredibly addictive but due to the price it wouldn't be often I bought it, same with cocaine, I would stick to regular amphetamine or ecstasy most the time i want an upper because it is much cheaper

EDIT: Sorta unrelated but I have always wanted to try ritalin (methylphenidate) as well, it works on the same mechanism as cocaine but lasts much longer, it sounds pretty awesome to me :p

Last edited:
i have already bought all the stuff, but the things is i don't know the last step of doing meth by (shake n bake). it can't just blow up, it has to have contact with the oxygen. Why just can't you answer my question? there are many people who has done this shitt before, and nothing has happened to them. If i wear things that can protect me from the fire then nothing will happen to me.

I'm not trying to be an arse but your response above tells me you don't appreciate the risks very well at all :\ There are several steps in the process that could cause you, others, property, and the environment around you serious harm.

However I'm afraid we aren't here to help instruct you on the process, and you're violating the forum BLUA, which could result in you getting a warning or infraction if you continue to ask.

I see biblo's posts have already been removed (quite rightly as he's probably an alt or a troll), but to say "it can't just blow up" is absolute bollocks. The reaction of water with lithium is extremely energetic and is what causes the extreme pressure in the bottle. PET bottles are designed to withstand a certain amount of pressure, but all it takes is a slight imperfection to cause structural weakness, combined with the stupidity of the average drugster, for a disaster to happen...

Lithium is the least reactive of the alkali metals but the reaction is still exothermic.
All alkali metals produce hydrogen when they react with water, which is of course highly flammable.
Caesium reacts explosively with water, quite entertaining :)

Attend a gay chemsex party and I'm sure you'll be sorted in no time LOL =D

hilarious but true. :D
i have a few gay friends in london who go clubbing (not chemsex, but gay clubbing, so pretty intense) and they all take GBL and meth.

haven't tried G but god, london meth is really fuckin strong.

I've tried it a handful of times, I've had amazing and terrifying experiences. amazing= vacation of sexual fantasy living with a solid night sleep in the middle of a 4 nighter. terrifying= up for 4 days and seeing people that were there to me, they weren't. thinking nonsense was so real it didn't even scare me at the time, now i think about it and it terrifies me. fucked up drug.

^ Yes, exactly. It stays in the system for far too long, unlike coke, totally fucking up sleep, eating and normal habits and turning you into a zombie weirdo if you overdo it.

^ Yes, exactly. It stays in the system for far too long, unlike coke, totally fucking up sleep, eating and normal habits and turning you into a zombie weirdo if you overdo it.

I think you need to have a cut off point. E.g. No more after 8am...
Easy to say, more difficult to do.

receip for vitamino

Just looking at the ingredients should be enough to deter most people from - looking at the set of equipment the long tube looks like the filter and maybe what comes out is dried and used? Can see being able to drive and knock up a quick batch being possible though (as mentioned in the article)

i know all%)

Shake and bake is the pits as far as meth manufacture goes. It really is, forget scraping the bottom of the barrel, that meth-od is re-using a barrel last in the employ of a lazy cunt thats prepared to simply grind up PFED pills and throw them in a birch and call the garbage that comes out the other end 'meth', then setting up a deep-sea oil well drilling rig over the top and going so far through the bottom of the barrel that once you've finished, assuming you do so in a manner which involves retention of one's eyeballs in the sockets that they came in when the cook was born, as opposed to having new ones punched through some or other bodypart which was never meant to host a pair of half-dissolved eyeballs propelled by the overpressure of an exploding PET bottle filled with a mixture of salts and solvents rapidly generating ammonia gas and pressure along with it, you've done it, and found you scraped so damn hard and deep that you've just won a race with the devil himself trying to tunnel his way out of the anus-end of perdition.

And the ironic thing is, the pressurization isn't needed. The birch-benkeser, which this scatophagous obscenity is an incompetent, dangerous as hell and altogether shite abortion of, can be run by just drying the gaseous NH3 and using anhydrous ammonia GAS, in anhydrous ether (thats what the starting fluid is for, I recognize the brand. Depending on the date it was purchased, that starting fluid was originally diethyl ether, some heptane and a little bit of very high boiling cylinder-head lubricant for when its actually used in cars, and then IIRC thats the one that changed to a mixture of diethyl ether, diisopropyl ether (the DIPE is MUCH more prone, btw, to peroxide formation, and believe you me, ether peroxides are no fucking joke. Sensitive as hell and absolutely notorious amongst organic chemists for their tendency to be the guilty party in events which involve things like fridges being turned into the equivalent of a shotgun blast, pointed at the ceiling and windows being blown out of rooms.

Along with, IIRC xylene and acetone, possibly some sort of alcohol, I'd have to check on the alcohol, pretty sure I've some of the later formulation around somewhere.

The undesired parts can be separated out via distillation (its alright to use the diisopropyl ether, in fact to toss it would be senseless when an etherial solvent system is being used, and diethyl ether is the usual solvent, its just not so safe to store, or to handle if you don't know what your doing with it due to peroxidation tendency, although the reducing environment of the Birch-benkeser would of course destroy peroxides as soon as they were formed)

And the acetone is the biggest nuisance, although unlike the ethers, its water soluble, and additionally, it forms a solid adduct with sodium bisulfite or metabisulfite (the latter being used in beer/wine making stores as a preservative) and then it can be left behind whilst the ether is fractionally distilled off.

As for pressure, anyhow, it isn't needed, nor is the ammonium salt required specifically to bee ammonium nitrate. ANY ammonium salt will do, one simply adds a stronger base, as a strong base added to a solution of a salt of a weaker base displaces the weaker base to form the corresponding salt of the stronger one.

(E.g adding sodium hydroxide to fr.ex ammonium sulfate or phosphate, sold in B&Q as fertilizer, would displace ammonia and leave behind sodium sulfate)

Although calcium oxide (quicklime) is a better base, as then only the powders need be mixed and a small quantity of H2O added to allow reaction, and the CaO doesn't release H2O as it reacts in the above displacement reaction, and its also a powerful dessicant (drying agent) so it helps dessicate the gaseous ammonia, which is then lead through a drying tube packed with CaO or other drying agent suitable for drying amines, and the ammonia, still in its gaseous form is passed through a length of plastic tubing, ideally using an aquarium airstone to disperse it and assist in uptake of the NH3 into the ether, in which it has some solubility. This has the pre-weighed quantity of lithium metal added (or sodium, potassium, either are less powerful reducing agents [whilst reactivity with water/air increases pretty drastically as one goes down the first column of the periodic table from lithium (least violence) to caesium (lets just say, whilst I've never done it myself, I've seen a video where some guy tossed some caesium metal into a bathtub full of water, outside, and the result was a tsunami, shot in an upwards direction and liberally mixed with the fragments of what was, in its fairly recent past incarnation, a bath tub; the trend as far as power as a reducing agent however is the reverse with lithium being the most powerful, and is capable of overreduction of the pseudo/ephedrine to form a cyclohexadiene or even if a lithium-flavoured pudding was massively over-egged in that respect, all the way to dearomatization to a cyclohexane ring, which would result instead in propylhexedrine)

Sodium or potassium are less powerful reducing agents and don't have the same tendency to overreduce the feedstock.

Anyhow, the metal of choice, finely divided as best possible, into little shreds is protected with some argon (not nitrogen, at least not with lithium, as Li is unusual in that its reactive with nitrogen gas, forming a very strong base, lithium nitride. And besides, argon is heavier and helps blanket the contents of the flask), and the tube dispensing the dried ammonia gas placed under the surface to bubble away for a few hours, its slower than the classic Birch-Benkeser as would be used in a professional chemistry lab, but it nevertheless forms the deep, dark blackish-blue of solvated electrons as the electride complex between the alkali metal and ammonia is formed, the solvated electrons are what does the reducing with this type of reaction.

The substrate to be reduced is then added, once the Li-blue or other alkali metal version is formed in the ether is done beeing formed, in the calculated quantity as a slurry in an alcohol to serve as a proton donor, and within moments the solvated electrons have reacted and reduced the feedstock, in the case of PSE/ephedrine, to meth. No pressure, no plastic bottles, doesn't go and blow your tits through your brainstem.

Although personally the route from benzaldehyde/nitroethane/amine base as acetate salt as catalyst (knoevanagel condensation) is far superior IMO, and its much better suited to scale-up, and this can even be done in an improved (vastly so) version whereby the heating isn't for -7 hours on a steam or hot water bath but carefully irradiated in a microwave oven for a total of about 30 minutes (for a synthesis of P2NP, 1-phenyl-2-beta-nitropropene on a half molar basis each of nitroethane and benzaldehyde using a 900 watt MW oven), a thermometer being kept in the flask, and just a bit of bog roll in the top, rather than a stopper, so pressure does not build up and blow the flask to hell, as if the thing WAS to be stoppered, it would either build up enough pressure to blast the stopper out like a bullet, or if the thing was keck-clipped (don't even think about it!) it would simply build up so much pressure it'd shatter and blast broken glass everywhere. The bog roll or kitchen towel is actually beneficial though, in that it helps to stop there being a release of P2NP vapors into the room, as these are irritating, like teargas. And after a simple workup (hint to get you started-without going into too much detail-, P2NP is more or less totally insoluble in water)

And from there, the uses are legion. Direct reduction to amphetamine with LAH, or with aluminium amalgam, or reaction at 80 'C (the MW rxn should be kept at a peak temp of 70 'C, takes about a half hour) for two hours with an excess of fine iron powder in glacial acetic acid, two and a half hours is also acceptable, then extracted with dichloromethane, and the DCM distilled off to give a crude P2P (phenylacetone, 1-phenyl-2-propanone) which is purified at least by first several washes of the DCM containing the P2P with 10% aqueous sodium hydroxide to remove some of the impurities, then preferably vacuum-distilled, or if this is impossible, then the hydroxide-washed DCM solution of ketone (4 washes IMO is about right, 5 isn't a bad thing either) washed with ice-cold H2O, and the DCM distilled off leaving behind the much higher boiling phenylacetone. A bisulfite adduct is then made if vac distillation can't be done and this, washed with various solvents and H2O, being pretty poorly soluble in many solvents, this being regenerated after this is done with a weak base such as sodium or potassium carbonate in water, and the freed P2P taken up into DCM again, and washed again, DCM removed, and then reductive amination using one of the legion of methods to be found online, or for straight amphetamine, formation of P2P ketoxime using hydroxylamine in alcoholic solution (using a base like sodium acetate to deprotonate the NH2OH HCl and form the freebase hydroxylamine in-situ, or else carbonate works for this also) and after rigorous drying of the oxime, (also insoluble in H2O) being taken up in anhydrous ethanol, under a cover of inert gas and the oxime reduced to the amine with sodium metal (Beauveault-Blanc reduction), affording amphetamine, the freebase of this then of course taken up in the solvent of choice (nonpolar) and a little isopropyl alcohol containing a small amount of sulfuric acid is added, this is tapped off, and once evaporated, the result is amphetamine, needing recrystallization, then ready to go.

For meth, or N-ethylamphetamine (which is rather nice, smoother than meth, not as weight-potent but the rough edges have been filed off, and its more potent than straight up phet), amalgam reductions with methylamine or ethylamine, or nitromethane or nitroethane respectively are usually used (these require hazardous mercuric [ Hg(II) ] salts and with amalgam reductions they don't scale too well, its very exothermic, finnicky and the Hg residues MUST be carefully removed via distillation, and washing of the amalgam with boiled water (the boiling is to de-gas it and removed dissolved O2) beforehand several times (warning-the washings contain highly toxic mercury salts) first to remove as much Hg as possible.

Reductive amination can also be done by forming the imine, using a suitable dessicant with the amine and the ketone, and then reducing the 1-phenyl-2-alkyliminopropane with borohydride, which is a lot cleaner, no highly noxious, environmentally filthy wastes either. Formation of the imine generates H2O, so dessicant is needed, as the imine is water sensitive, so it must be trapped as its formed. A lot nicer and less of a worry and a general cunt than Al/Hg amalgam reductions.

And anyone thinking 'TMI', just remember, your getting what IIRC mods no less, asked me for. And besides, fuck users being hostile to production of that which they intend on using.

Afterthought-Bearlove, why should the ingredients, that go into producing a drug have anything to do with how suitable for consumption the finished product is (within reason mind you)?

Things like caustic soda for example, never got how people can be so blind as to say XYZ is 'bad because its made with caustic soda, sulfuric acid and fertilizer and cough pills OMFG!'. Those sorts of reactions are emotional and completely illogical. There are cases, sure, where how something is done affects the quality (E.g krokodil and similar abortions) but generally speaking, if it isn't just a piece of some sort of plant, then people made it, and they almost certainly did so with at least one ingredient you wouldn't want to pour over your breakfast cereal or add to your morning cup of tea. Generally its about meth i9n particular...whilst i have never read of anybody screaming about say, the sulfur trioxide that might well have been used to prepare the LSD on somebody's blotters, or the same caustic used to hydrolyze ergopeptide alkaloids that as they are, have a tendency towards causing gangrene, seizures, assorted spinal cord lesions, cataracts and a host of other pretty fucking miserably piss-poor and unpleasant things if consumed WITHOUT being processed with a host of pretty nasty chemicals and solvents...

Some people, it seems, just need something to scream about and will greedily lap up whatever excrement is being served up at the propaganda hotel as special of the day, like diseased, putrescent milk from hell, suckled from the tits of Satan. And suck it all up they will and beg for seconds, if only they get given their something to scream about.

Its still a damn dicey, and totally pointless way of doing it. Any of those ammonium salts can be used, with base, as a source of NH3 gas, and CaO makes the ideal one, and a NON-PRESSURIZED reaction done with the most basic of glassware. Plastic bottles are a really stupid vessel to use too, relying on 'burping' the bottles to release excess pressure of NH3 gas, in a part-aqueous system (the ammonium salt/base/H2O mixture is used to generate NH3 gas, which is forced under pressure into the ether layer above, as I understand things, although I should make it clear I have never myself performed the shake-and-bake synthesis, nor have I any wish to, its dangerous in the extreme and to make amphetamines, I'd have many other ways I could use, and the glassware to do it in)

But even a normal glass bottle at ROOM TEMPERATURE and atmospheric pressure, such as would expose it to no stresses such as overpressure or thermal shock, maybe cooled down in ice water can be used. It just takes a while to form the deep dark blue of solvated electrons, once formed from whatever amount of lithium is needed for however much substrate is to be reduced, the actual addition of the substrate is reduced in moments, it just takes a couple of hours to form the solvated electron system when generating it with finely chopped, shredded lithium foil (such as from battery Li, cleaned of any electrolytes from the battery, taken apart under anhydrous ether, or else under dried alkane hydrocarbon solvent to protect the Li from oxidation whilst the Li-foil section of the battery electrode is unrolled underneath the dried protective solvent and it is cut up to fine shreds underneath the inert solvent, topped off by a layer of argon, in a clear plastic bag inflated with argon, and with the scissors etc already inside, to serve as an inert glovebag)

Battery foils are ideal, in fact for this, due to the fine surface area which reacts with the gaseous NH3 stream well. But no cryogenic liquefied NH3 is needed, just dry ether (excess Li could even be used for this, after first using a conventional dessicant suitable for ethers, dried first using a less reactive dessicant, distilled, then the result distilled over lithium bits to remove the last of the H2O, and this dried solvent used for the actual reaction) and without heating, just magnetic stirring used to ensure good distribution of the anhydrous NH3 gas over the suspension of shredded Li foil, the container filled with inert gas (argon)

So there never has been a good reason for this incredibly dangerous shake-and-bake monstrosity. Seriously, that fucking thing is an abortion that ought never have been. Its one step above krokodil manufacture. Two if you count theresa 'what a fucking whore' may :p . Just preform the solvated electron solution-Li complex under argon as inert gas (no nitrogen, Li reacts with N2, alone of the alkali metals, and CO2 cannot be used either, owing to its being acidic and that it will react with alkali metals to form the corresponding carbonates) using a stream of anhydrous ammonia gas (generated using an ammonium salt, any ammonium salt, the sulfate and sometimes phosphate are pretty much always available in garden centers in big boxes, and a base, CaO is the best, adding a tiny amount of H2O at a time, from a pressure-equalized addition funnel, adding any needed additional little splash of H2O a tiny bit at a time, since the quicklime helps dry the NH3 as it is generated); and just bubbling though the NH3 through the suspension of Li in ether until after a couple of hours the blue is formed and then adding the purified PSE isolate as a thick slurry in an alcohol (the alcohol is needed, to serve as a proton donor), the reduction is complete a few minutes at most after this.

All with no pressure needed, no using a PET bottle which is attacked by the alkaline rxn mixture and relying on at the last minute, opening the cap a tiny bit to 'burp' the bottle and relieve the pressure of ammonia built up, since the above way its done in an open system, where the escaping NH3 gas is led out through a tube placed inside a non-sealed tub full of HCl-soaked rags, or even paper towel, which forms ammonium chloride with the HCl and stops the whole thing belching NH3 fumes and raising a stink.

No need for pressure, and no potential, as long as the argon inert gas flow is used, and care is taken to exclude O2 and H2O, for the thing to catch fire, and since its an open system, pressure cannot build up and blow the container into shrapnel and flying corrosives.

Be aware the byproduct of any Birch-type reduction, from reaction of the NH3 with the alkali metal is the alkali metal amide, such as lithium amide, sodamide etc., which are all highly water-sensitive and decompose into NH3 (giving it off as large amounts of the gas) and the alkali metal hydroxide. These are really strong bases, so don't dump the solids into H2O, the reaction is quite violent and releases a LOT of NH3 gas, but filtering off the ether layer, adding a little more dry ether etc. to wash the residues, and filtration is needed to remove the solid byproducts, the product will be as freebase, dissolved in the ether layer. So be aware of the reactivity of the lithium amide, it is a VERY strong base that is water-reactive. Although for other purposes in chemistry, it is not at all un-useful.

This is really looking like a synthesis thread to me and Id love to talk about some really dumb shit I did when I was in the kitchen but yeah, I wont as why bother risking death and get someone else to do it?

Massive hassle and all, dont get ideas in your head reading this.

Where and when the line is drawn varies from forum to forum but it cannot be argued that this thread has been dead for years yet still gets bumped irregularly for the same old arguments to be trawled over again and again so I will take this opportunity to draw this to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.