European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

shake n bake meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methamphetamine is quite simple in terms of chemistry. Even acquiring the chemicals and glassware is straight forward. You can buy everything you need from eBay, so it's surprising there isn't more of a "scene" for methamphetamine over here in the UK. Especially given how easy it is to acquire the precursors and general ease to manufacture.

The 'methamphetamine is easy to make/easy to manufacture' etc is abit of a urban myth to be honest.... That and the myths and misinformation around the 'shake n bake' method and the meth it produces.

Firstly it is true but really its not true that methamphetamine is easy to make/manifacture. The reason i say this is because on paper there are straight forward routes for making methamphetamine, usually only afew chemicals are needed and meth can be made without the need for glassware or lab equipment.

Then there is a method where methamphetamine can be made just by adding the mixture into drink bottles and shaking. Looking at it from that perspective then yeah methamphetamine is easy... BUT....

On the street (well at least here in australia) id say 90% of the 'methamphetamine' market these days would be in crystal/ice form, for the batch to be sold as 'ice' or crystal meth it would need to be first and foremost translucent crystals that are smokeable, doesn't burn and recrystallises instantly with damp cloth.

Ice purity sold on the street has at least 40% purity (and upwards of 90+%) but the 40% is really 90% cut down with MSM etc thats chemically stable and has similar properties as methamp, the purity of methamp after synth i think would need to be atleast 70-75% purity for it to be sold as ice/crystal meth, the lower the purity from production the more left over impurities, this affects the batches acidity level which affects re-crystalising, burning etc...

The lower purity synth reduces will cause the crystals to colour and therefore burn. Impurities with different properties to meth reduces the gap between methamps melting and burning points etc etc.

D Methamphetamine (dextro), is the best, euphoric effects, easy formation of crystals.

DL Methamphetamine(racemic), is good but not as good as D Methamphetamine. More speedy less eurphoric effects (effects depend on the dextro/racemic combination). Only a very very skilled cook can form and bind crystals with racemic methamp.

L Methamphetamine, no stimulating effects

Pseudoephedrine is L (isomer) methamphetamine. If done properly during the chemical reaction process the L methamphetamine will turn into D methamphetamine.

Without the skills in chemistry, without the knowledge on how to properly clean and purify the precursors and chemicals (for example the knowledge on how to produce clean and pure iodine crystalls) aswell as proper materials and glassware(in proper i mean actual glassware and not just an old tea pot lol), without the experience and practice at making batches and refining their method for the best reaction, without the connections for good quality chemicals 'anyone' can shake and bake some methamphetamine, but it will not look like or have the effects anyrhing similar to the crystal meth purchased off the street, and it wont for (many trial and error batches) a long time!

has anybody tried uk/euro speed and meth and can compare the 2?

I would like to try UK/Euro echo others when they say i'm surprised there's not more about here in the UK/Europe.

I've tried Asian glass and it's a dam good drug for certain things, comparing it to cocaine is like comparing apples and oranges as they say.

I've vaped, smoked and insufflated and the latter is my favorite but I love putting things up my nose.

Would not go near it if you don't have much self control and will have regular access, I tried in Asia because I knew I would be using it non stop back home if I had access. It's fucking good and has an undeserving reputation I think. Functional at a low dose and my favorite drug at a high dose I think, except 4-mmc... but I love stims.

Read about half of the responses to the initial thread beginning, I came to this thread because I have a question. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
we have a shake and bake thread in here fucking hell :) no stop it fg no shake and bake it will only end in disaster and you know it

I wish that meth was easier to come by in the UK I really wanna try it, to compare it with the amphetamine I know and am used to.

Never heard it mentioned once though.

i wish i never seen the thread would love to try it but i know that would be the end

yeah i think its best kept out the uk mainstream drugs market look at the legal high debacle meth would destroy the youth of today in minutes

I've gotta point out some false statements made here. First off, pseudoephedrine is NOT the levo isomer of meth; levo-methamphetamine is the levorotary isomer of meth. Pseudoephedrine is dextro-pseudo which reduces the same as l-ephedrine to yield d-meth. Anyone who has ever had the privilege of having access to racemic (50/50 dextro/levo) methamphetamine knows damn well it provides the finest buzz of all amphetatmines; far better than pure dextromethamphetamine. Racemic methamphetamine is just as euphoric and much smoother - truly more like the ultimate cocaine. Also, racemic meth, whether synthesized from phenylacetone (P2P) or racephedrine, forms beautiful clear crystals upon addition of hydrochloric acid gas, exactly the same as glass from ephedrine and it's derivatives. And as for Shake n' Bake meth as it's currently done, you're correct.

<snip> Sorry no synth talk is permitted

Last edited:
I think innovations to the Shake and Bake procedure are going to really bring about high purity products from new variations on the method, along with near 100% yields

swim can say from experience that meth is much healthier in his opinion then coke. Also from expiernce meth has had less negative effects mentally then shrooms or x. Swim had bad trips on shrooms and x before nevr really bad on ice maybe just the occasional i think im having a heart attack or seeing shadow people when up for days. As far as all this crazy shit people talk about never anything close and swims used to sling ice and use all day everyday for months so take swims word. As far as people doing crazy shit and cooking in their car thats the person not the drug...It doesnt turn sane people insane or classy people that take of themselves and care about appearance and their children to act out and turn opposite just doesnt happen n less they let it Swim knows because he never quit taking care of himself or his kid.

i agree, Coke is pricier, lasts about 10 minutes and has barely a rush even a few mins after a line. Meth takes a toll on your body but I think coke messes ur mind even worse. "Seeing shadow people", I like that!

I wish that meth was easier to come by in the UK I really wanna try it, to compare it with the amphetamine I know and am used to.

Never heard it mentioned once though.
Sorry I'm a newbie and posted down the bottom. Please see below!

Methamphetamine is the prototypical recreational neurotoxin.
It is in no way safer than Cocaine, both will induce neural apoptosis and dendritic pruning but Meth does so much more readily.
Here is a comparative paper on the matter.

It's much more popular in China, Japan, Thailand etc. huge industry here.

Pretty sure I've had some as was advertised anyway North Korean stuff. Can't see why their government wouldn't be on that. It was fucking ridiculously expensive, but for that king of the stim smoothness, worth it. just to say I don't give a fuck where it came from, but good advertising anyway. When Meth heads are saying it's the purest of D-Meth, ill go with that.

NK still has an entire government division manufacturing pharmaceutical grade Methamphetamine and selling it on the black market.
They tried selling a few tonnes to an undercover CIA agent a few years ago....

Pretty sure I've had some as was advertised anyway North Korean stuff. Can't see why their government wouldn't be on that. It was fucking ridiculously expensive, but for that king of the stim smoothness, worth it.

NK used to smuggle meth out of the country in diplomatic pouches. I was reading an article about it the other day, apparently a lot of it goes to the Chinese, where it's popular with workers on long shifts to stay awake, amongst other reasons. The article also was saying that the meth industry in NK has gone more to underground than official government supported, but it's still a strong industry there.

Status
Not open for further replies.