• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

^You're right yeah it is COLD water, not hot. i was getting it confused with kratom as the bar serves both. Then they just throw in a slice of pineapple.

I've read through the thread a bit, but i guess asking for new information is never bad:

what are your experiences with Kava Kava for anxiety? I've been taking benzos occasionally for a while, but I am pretty concerned that my use one day might get out of hand. Kava Kava sounds much less addicting, but how does it compare to say .5mg of Lorazepam or .25mg of Alprazolam in terms of anxiolytic effects (these doses usually help my anxiety a lot and I have no tolerance to speak of, also I don't really take them to get high but rather to feel a bit more "normal")?

greets

^ IME, kava works about as well as .25mg of Xanax. The effects are mild, but kava definitely helps with anxiety.

yeah I've guessed so and already decided to give it a try, but gathering information is never a bad idea.

Anytime man. I've tried a variety of Kava, fresh, and capsules. I would have to say that some of the more expensive capsules are just as good as fresh root. Plus, you don't have to deal with that horrid taste of cocaine/mud/pepper.

im pretty new to it, gone thru about 5 ounces of fijian n just received a pound of the good shit , ive sworn myself off xanax n basically any drug these days, besides my scripted methadone valium n mirtazepine .

ive found it gives me everything i want in a drug (in my case anyway) ,
im now getting pounds from a vendor in hawaii at a very reasonable price, at first i just get the numbness, then nothing for 2 hours, then fall asleep for 20-30mins , then when i wake thats when i feel it, feels like a decent codeine high mixed with a weak benzo . even tho it says not to i looovee driving on it , i cld cruise up n down the esplenade all day on the shit. im on methadone as well so i dunno if that helps or hinders the kava . i dont even feel the need to take my daily valiums when on kava . its also one of those things u need to take for a period of time before u really start noticing the effects . im still tinkering with my teqniche, im using mahakea powdered root

The capsules are very inneffective even at large doses I expect the most you'll find is a placebo effect IME. One think I noticed b4 experiencing imported powdered root was the teabags with kava seemed to actually work around 2-3 bags or cups, relieved anxiety from PAWS (post acute withdrawal), however it was nothing close to the root method I use now. It's a night and day difference. With kava it's a very relaxing mellow but talkative buzz initially. And after about 45m-1hr it fades and your left feeling very tired but still semi relaxed. Although I often experience a headache after as well as a hangover the following morning. Still very impressive for a legal herbal high. It's like the benzo version of kratom IME. As far as Australian law here is what erowid says which checks out with other sources as well.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kava/kava_law.shtml

Hope this helps!

Kava is legal to possess & sell in Australia, but it is illegal to import into Australia without a license, it is "Schedule IV" in the import laws: AU Import Regulations.
Comment about Australian Kava Law, by Torsten of Shaman Australius, October 2001:
"It was once given to Aboriginees to help get them off alcohol. Some liked it a little too much and started getting health problems from it, so it was scheduled as a drug. We don't have different levels of scheduling like the US, but we have provisions for licenses for any drug. It is very easy to get a kava license. The government just wants to be able to track volumes and trading sources. It is completely illegal in one state. Due to our multicultural make-up there are special provisions that you are allowed to carry 3 months supply on your person into the country. It is also freely available in Islander and Fiji shops. No problem getting it really, it's just the wholesale is a bit dodgy."

dunno if anyones replied to this since u posted but nowdays its legal to import into australia. well im guessing so , ive been getting pounds thru at a time n had no problem whatsoever

Can someone put it SIMPLY how to fucking take this stuff? How many godamn milligrams? I have the root powder. How much mg, and can I just dunk it in my mouth and wash it down with water or do I need to do something special with it for it to work? Why is this simple information so hard to fucking find? Jesus christ.

This is the shit I have.

^ Here is my kava prep:

Grind up root chunks to powder in a coffee grinder if it is not already powder. I use 5-6 tablespoons of powder. Add in blender. Add a few cups of juice, water, or fruity drink. Add a tablespoon of cream as well as a tablespoon of lecithin. Blend it for a solid 5 minutes. Leave in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Reblend, and drink. Strain or don't. I don't. When I say drink it's the traditional chug a mug in 2 minutes and repeat. The thought of sipping can have me nauseated. So it is a chugalug, usually on an empty stomach. Then a little food is in order.

I first had kava success back in 2000. I had tried kava on and off since 1981 but never had success. Before the internet we were stuck with whatever a health food store could aquire. Finally ordered some good root and a properly made brew worked very well one night and I got it.

It is hit or miss and can be frustrating, but once it happens you'll know what to look for. I have had kava do anything from almost nothing to having the room spin around. Sounds seem to get louder too. It'd be nice by an ocean at sunset.

So what is the juice and cream and lecithin for? Is it necessary? I just put some raw powder on my tongue and I can't even taste it, but I seem to be reading that people find the taste awful? Is it to simply mask the taste?

If so, then SIMPLY PUT, I can just swallow the powder with water? I am looking for the simplest, fastest method here without fucking around.

Thanks.

Edit: and again, how many milligrams??? I read somewhere 300mg, does that sound right? Right now I am looking to get fucked or "krunked" on this stuff, and plan to use it for anti anxiety self medication in the future, but tonight I just wanna get 'krunked'.

The juice is for the taste. The fats (cream or lecithin) is for the kavalactones to come out of the root powder into the fat. I had heard long ago that a fat needs to be present in the liquid. Then again I hear that it is not now necessary yet with me it won't work as well if I don't have some form of fat. That is why (for me) just tossing the powder down my throat doesn't work. A proper brew is more successful.

Good kava will make your tongue numb right away.

If you do just eat the powder let us know if it works. My kava knowledge is from long ago and I stuck to it. So it may kavalactones are soluble in just a liquid without the fat. But for now I still use cream or lecithin.

Alright. I put 450mg into a bottle of water with a small amount of water in the bottom, then I broke open 3 fish oil capsules (fat) and squeezed those in too, shook it up and let it sit for a few minutes and drank it. I'll report back in an hour.

Edit: Alright. I was feeling really stressed before over something, and it seems to have definitely calmed me down, I feel, simply.. calm. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but this morning I did take 600mg Armodafinil. I have extensive experience with benzos/weed and some with shrooms, numerous 'nootropics' etc also, so I have decided to say 'fuck it' and put about 4grams into a pint of milk which I will now consume. Again for reference, this is the stuff I have, which is apparently quite potent and the website even suggests that beginners use their weaker product. Also I have chronic general and social anxiety, whether that has any effect on how it will affect me compared to a 'normal' person I don't know.

There is also this 'reverse tolerance' I have read about to consider, which is apparently like where people smoke weed for the first time and don't get high (never happened in my case with weed), so that could play a role here too.

Last edited:
Kava doesn't blast you into outer space, unless you take loads and loads of it, in which case you have to deal with ataxia and nausea/vomiting, huge doses really aren't worth it(although, yeah I do every fuckin time, but I'm a druggie, ay?!).

Kava doesn't blast you into outer space, unless you take loads and loads of it, in which case you have to deal with ataxia and nausea/vomiting, huge doses really aren't worth it(although, yeah I do every fuckin time, but I'm a druggie, ay?!).

We're both on bluelight, I think most of us would be considered druggies by normal standards.

Good point. IMO, just be careful with this stuff. I literally couldn't walk once or twice, and was trying to go put my phone on the charger, fell over and broke my nose, bled all over the fuckin place. Kava kava WILL fuck you up, as much as anything, if you dose high enough. It's not necessarily pleasant, however, and there is a hangover.

Well I drank about 4 grams in a pint of milk and it's been about an hour and I don't feel much different, does the stuff I bought look good on the site? Do I really need to strain it out or something, or is just mixing it with something fatty (milk, fish oil) enough? I also drank the powder. I read the powder can cause nausea if drunk but I feel fine.

I'm not sure, I used capped aqueous extract, and it's strong as all fuck. It's rather dear but does the job so well!

The root should be good. As far as I know, consuming 4 grams of strong root should do something. Did it numb your tongue?

I consider kava's effect relatively subtle compared to some things, but I've never had a heroic dose and I've heard that does mess you up like described above.

Of course, if you have GABA insensitivity (eg benzo intolerance), I have no idea how that would affect things.

The only other thing I've noticed is that kava *does* seem to degrade a bit in strength, slowly, even at room temperature, but if it's <1 year old this probably isn't a factor. (I do still like to refrigerate kava for this reason.)