• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

View from the summit of your psychedelic career

There's a downside to that... my experiences with psychedelics have made me resent cellphones alltogether... half the time I don't know where my phone is, it's getting increasingly uncommon for me to even answer my cellphone, even when I'm sober.

Phones are horrible. Always scares me when my phone goes off while tripping, and you're right. I hate using my phone sober now.

Height of my tripping was for about 5 months taking 2-6 hits, many times with molly every weekend.

Advice: Don't take tripping too seriously, don't get caught up in the mind expansion bullshit, I would argue that it just comes crashing down eventually.

I've been taking psychedelics for about 4 years now. Starting with a very opening experience for me with marijuana with my brother, Really helped me to get over a lot of weirdness figuring out who I was. Then not too long after that a 3.6 gram mushroom trip where I spent the entire night philosophzing with a good friend, which really helped me to better understand my place in the universe. An incredible DOC trip a week after that which later sparked some thoughts that I mulled over for about a whole half year and finally I overcame my very serious worries about what comes after death. A psychedelic realization helped me to realize that there was never any reason to fear it and brought I serious happiness to my life. Since that summer four years ago I have not ever been depressed or hardly ever even sad. That DOC trip also resparked my overwhelming fascination with the universe and ever since then I have actually tried in school and been getting great grades, I go to a good college studying biochem, and I have a job in a research lab...I probably wouldn't have put forth the effort to do well in school if it wasn't for thoughts that occurred to me that trip.
Over the last few years I've tried a small variety of other psychedelics (Marijuana, MDA, mushrooms, LSD, DOC, morning glory alkaloids, 2c-e, 5-meo-dmt, 5-meo-dipt, 2c-t-7, mescaline, salvia, and my favorite of all DMT.)

The most I've ever took something was once every week...and only because of availability, it probably woulda been a lot more if I coulda.

The only bad time I've had is when I took oral DMT in public, which was an incredibly moronic mistake and taught me never to disrespect that substance again.

The only advice I got it to do some reading and learn about what your are doing. Know that psychedelics aren't there to teach you without you allowing you to teach yourself. And to always enjoy your time here in this universe, everything flows onward.

Advice: Don't take tripping too seriously, don't get caught up in the mind expansion bullshit, I would argue that it just comes crashing down eventually.

Some of it does, but Ive found a lot doesn't ever crash down....:) But there are other ways to mind expansion which should accompany psychedelic use...

Psychedelics are not a ticket to mind expansion, only you are.

And people who are interested in expanding they're minds are often drawn to psychedelics. It kinda goes both ways IME. Of course many people have ways of expanding their minds without the aid of materials.

One thing I've definitely found is that people who don't have any interest in expanding their minds don't like psychedelics and aren't drawn to them at all.

• what was the extent of your usage?
    In binges, 8 of the past days on 2c-e, a binge at a music festival but when i was in england i would take 2c-b or lsd or shrooms about once a week
  • how often were you tripping at the peak of your psychedelic usage, and how long did this last?
    8 day pretty much non stop binge
  • what were some of the major mistakes that you made, and what were the consequences of these mistakes?
    Bad trip on lsd, thought my friends were conspiring against me, got violent
  • what were the most important things that you learned from your experience?
    Self confidence, knowing who i really am, forming my identity
  • finally, if the present you could speak to yourself at the beginning of your psychedelic career, what advice would you give?
    Take it easy, start with shrooms, then 2cx then lsd (the most "dangerous" mentally imo, but you gotta be in a good mental state, no paranoia, no stress, no depression

i'm asking for serious responses and to keep the dicksizing out. Thanks for reading.

:d=d;)

What was the extent of your usage?
Close to 100 trips, mainly shrooms.
How often were you tripping at the peak of your psychedelic usage, and how long did this last?
1-2 times a month, for 1-2 years
What were some of the major mistakes that you made, and what were the consequences of these mistakes?
Worst mistake was driving to a show thinking I would be ok after several hours when I had to drive back...I literally peed in my pants that night.
What were the most important things that you learned from your experience?
Your mind can bring you just about anywhere you want to be. Experience is always more valuable than the drug.
Finally, if the present you could speak to yourself at the beginning of your psychedelic career, what advice would you give?
Don't drive anything with wheels on it.

And people who are interested in expanding they're minds are often drawn to psychedelics. It kinda goes both ways IME. Of course many people have ways of expanding their minds without the aid of materials.

What I was trying to say is that I don't think of them as "mind-expanding" drugs, only drugs that cause a perspective shift and allow you to realize things you might otherwise not.

Drugs that cause an altered state, makes you realize there is more than one way of viewing things, opens you up to options. :)

It's the user that determines whether it's mind expanding or not. I agree. :)

3 things i would tell myself:

If in doubt, go without
Bigger isn't always better
Don't look in mirrors

Will post a more detailed description when i have more time. - reserved ;)

Face your fear

3 things i would tell myself:

Don't look in mirrors

Many practices give the user a mirror to confront their inner being and to look beyond how you normally perceive yourself. It might be scary to look in a mirror, but it is quite necessary in the development of your "psychedelic career". In my opinion, it is a MUST.

PLEASE Look at your GREATEST challenge right in his or her eyes----YOURSELF!

It's obvious that most people take drugs to run away from reality (most people would rarely admit to it though---especially people who prefer psychedelics recreationally). Most people who take psychedelics want to believe they are taking them to expand their mind, but most of us really have no idea how to.

Lets respect these drugs our earth has so graciously given to us to consume. We have EVERYTHING we could ever want right here on earth. It's all in HOW we use them.

Don't be afraid of that mirror. In fact, look at it even if it hurts for a very long time.

^Seriously some of the best advice I can give anyone on this thread.
+1 to myself

:)

* What were the most important things that you learned from your experience?

That we are one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.

Mate can you elaborate a bit on this little Bill Hicks quote you claim psychedelics taught you? I mean it's all good and well to just throw these sentences around and act like we're all enlightened, but can you elaborate abit WHY you think we're all one one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, what does that even mean?

Sorry to sound stupid but could you elaborate abit, i get the feeling you just have alot of respect for Bill Hicks and would beleive anything he said.:p

Like i would beleive that you came to that conclusion about reality through your own psychdelic drug use, if you hadn't just used the Bill Hicks quote word for word, but come on man, i bet that one sentence is as deep as you can go with the whole we're one thing.

^why would he not? not all of us are gifted with such far reaching eloquence to put an abstract experience such as that into such a concise, clear and distinct linguistic expression. the reason one quotes it word for word is because of the candidness of its linguistic design; there is simply not a word too much or too little in it.

sorry about not being theghostofbillhicks etc.(® B9)

Last edited:
Im a 20 year old male, first psychedelic experience was on a single blotter hit of LSD at 18.

* What was the extent of your usage?
LSD - 60+ Mushrooms 5+ N20+LSD 3-4+ n'n-DMT 5+

* How often were you tripping at the peak of your psychedelic usage, and how long did this last?

About twice a week, my friend was dealing large quantities of blotter print and liquid.. so i had ridiculously easy access to LSD.. this lasted for probably 2 months.. before i started going through a very harsh identity crisis and detachment from reality so i had to slow down the frequency at which i was using.

* What were some of the major mistakes that you made, and what were the consequences of these mistakes?

Touching on what i mentioned in the previous question.. the 2 month binge i went on caused derealization, an inability to define myself.. not to mention it took a toll on my health been up for so long without proper sleep or diet. I was also dosing in unusual circumstance's at ridiculous times. It caused me to withdraw from socializing for a period of time as i was so enveloped within my own head.

I started to also experience intense 'dualism' on the definition of my existence, which really effected my mental health in a negative way.

* What were the most important things that you learned from your experience?

I'm not sure if i can answer this one in the depth i'd like to. But in short it allowed me to have an open mind towards everything within my reality, and showed me what's important in life. DMT changed me as a person.. opening a spiritual side of me i never knew to exist.. which has had a profound impact on my quality of life since. That All exists as One, a collective consciousness becoming self-aware.. that we are.. 'infinite', and everything exists as a cycle, we are god.

* Finally, if the present you could speak to yourself at the beginning of your psychedelic career, what advice would you give?

Dont spend as much time on LSD as i did.. go searching for DMT and Meditation. LSD fucked with my head quite a bit as it never really took me to that higher dimension of truth that i was seeking.. it was most definitely mind opening to a lot of things.. but it could only show me so much about myself.

Last edited:
Mate can you elaborate a bit on this little Bill Hicks quote you claim psychedelics taught you? I mean it's all good and well to just throw these sentences around and act like we're all enlightened, but can you elaborate abit WHY you think we're all one one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, what does that even mean?

Sorry to sound stupid but could you elaborate abit, i get the feeling you just have alot of respect for Bill Hicks and would beleive anything he said.:p

Like i would beleive that you came to that conclusion about reality through your own psychdelic drug use, if you hadn't just used the Bill Hicks quote word for word, but come on man, i bet that one sentence is as deep as you can go with the whole we're one thing.

Bill Hicks had experiences that many of us have shared with psychedelics, where you seem to have awoken from a dream where you were this human on some planet called Earth, into a timeless place that you always exist in, which is experiencing everything there is to experience all at once in an eternal moment. Your life is still there, but as a single point in an infinite sea of experience, which is no more meaningful than any other point.

At least, that's how it went for me. The experience was undeniably real to me, truly just like waking up from a dream; the entirety of my life as this carbon-based creature named Xorkoth began to lose focus and dissipated like a dream upon waking, and it seemed silly to me that I ever thought it had been anything more than a dream, and that I had always been here in this state but somehow been unaware of it. Therefore I believe that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. It has nothing to do with the fact that Bill Hicks said it - in fact, I didn't know who Bill Hicks was before I had my experience, and I came up with the exact same phrase.

I similarly doubt that the other poster just read what Bill Hicks said and believed it.

:)

always have some anti-psychotics and tranquilizers on hand...

write down on a piece of paper when you first dosed; keep track of time (it can really help one's sanity to know they're definately already comming down according to the clock)

always wait a good 4 hours before you redose if "it" isn't working...believe you me

I definitely agree with DexterMeth on his redosing policy. Even the best L can take a long time to kick in. The best tabs I've ever taken took around 3 hours to kick in.

Also, there was mention earlier of cellphones.... psychedelics really do make you hate cell phones....

Big trip advice
1. Definitely plan ahead. Don't spur the moment by eating 4 plus tabs of LSD or taking some heroic dose of mushrooms.
2. Make sure you have a safe place to trip, or at least to go to (that isn't too far) if you're current setting isn't doing it for you.
3. Always have a friend you trust with you. Whether they're tripping too or not, it's a good idea to have someone with you that you really trust.
4. If you're unsure about taking a big dose, it's best to avoid it. Now this doesn't mean stop with the pre-dose jitters, but if you think you're not ready, its ok. Just take a smaller dose.
5. Trip sitters aren't a bad idea. People like to do a lot of weird things on psychedelics, mostly involving being naked in public...
6. Don't do it too often. I find that even once a month can be too much.

There's a lot that can go wrong with psychedelics, most of which is very rare, but almost all bad experiences can be avoided by even the smallest bit of preparation. And I'm not trying to say you need to be in a house and with friends to have a good psychedelic experience, that's just what works best for me. So find your own thing. Just know being in public on large doses of any psychedelic is not that thing... Good luck!

Last edited: