Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3-MeO-PCP - New Experience - A Highly Intriguing Dissociative

psood0nym

Bluelighter
Dose: 6mg orally followed by 2mg insufflated 2hrs later. I have no tolerance to NMDA antagonists and I'm slightly more sensitive to ketamine and DXM than what I think of as average from reports.

Onset: first alerts in 30 minutes orally, but it really ramped up between the 1:20 and 2hr mark.

Duration: uncertain, I took a hit of LSD a little over two hours after the 6mg dose along with the 2mg insufflated dose and then IM'd ketamine and psilocin about 1.5hrs after that. I think at the 6mg level the peak is probably 2-3hrs with a 2hr decline to a wobbly baseline.

Compared to other dissociatives I've used—ketamine, DXM, nitrous, 4-MeO-PCP—at a similar level of body dissociation there were far more psychedelic effects with 3-MeO-PCP. I should note that I have not experienced impressive psychedelic effects with ketamine by itself, even at high intramuscular doses, which might make my experience less generalizable to the effects many dissociative fans might expect to get from this substance. It was more like my best experience with DXM: translucent, energized and euphoric like a serotonergic psychedelic, but padded out with helium balloons, and with a tendancy to see beauty in things like the shadows of cigarette butts cast in the amber light of dying parking garage lights more than in trees.

I canceled social plans when I decided I was going to take LSD on top of it--a decision I made after it was clear I had plateaued--and walked through a downtown area to get a video to watch after taking the LSD later. The telltale dissociative vibration was humming along nicely by now. It's a synaesthetic sensation that straddles the feeling of biting a Styrofoam dental tray, listening to bees through a tin can, and the smell of cardboard and metal in a walk-in freezer. So I was surprised to find that the scents wafting from the restaurants I passed were pungent and highly evocative despite all that accompanying sterility. I had olfactory hallucinations of linen napkins as I passed an Italian place, and saw them folded into stacks of red triangles in my mind's eye. This type of environmental sensory enhancement is not typical dissociative stuff for me.

I looked through the establishment's front window and scanned the decor. I sensed I was projecting my own memories from my teenage years as a buser onto the workers inside, but with fantastic elaborations. My memories seemed to mingle with the restaurant's atmosphere, then twist together with it and flow through labyrinthine visions of cupboards and clanking ceramic and steam clouds and roll-through dishwashers, which appeared in vivid flashes of imagination posed in strange configurations and concatenated endlessly.

A similar experience delighted me as I passed a department store window and recalled how I used to hide from my mother as a child, giggling in those circular garment racks they always have. Things seemed haunted by memory and overlaid, like they were clad in the personal essences I had projected into them through the years without knowing it and charged with static from their own inimitable textures rubbing against those of memories nearby.

I passed a couple with a smug smile on my face that must of made me look like one confident cock, and realizing it just made me smile more.

When I got home I took the LSD and the 2mg insufflated booster. They kicked in together (kind of), resulting in a joyous and insightful state. I bounded around the two floors of my apartment, gleeful as a child at a some starlight-smacked carnival in outer space. There was a great sense of openness and echo to the combo as well, like watching a storm rumble in from the mountains across a sunlit plain. It all made me want to push the experience further.

I loaded 55mg of racemic ketamine into a syringe mixed with 13mg of synthetic psilocin. I injected about one-sixth of the mixture IM and waited 15 minutes to make sure there was no unexpected potentiation or contraindication between the ket and 3-MeO, then plunged the rest. What transpired afterward was sublime and illuminating, but not the subject of this writing. I mention it simply to report that these drugs mixed together for me as expected at these dosages.

It's difficult to levy a verdict on 3-MeO-PCP after one trial. It could've been a fluke. But I was very impressed, and thrilled to experience so many mental effects from a dissociative at such a low level of body dissociation. I would not recommend anyone start with over 10mg orally. I doubt I will go over 12mg in the near future but I'm fascinated to see if anyone more practiced experiences immersing hallucinogenic visions with it at higher doses.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_3meopcp
substancecode_achs
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,don't start with 3-MeO-PCP at above 5mg! I could be a bit insensitive to the material (my dose range is 5-12mg+) and by all literature it is a potent Dissociative! Be responsible with it and particularly try out also the lower doses to experience its subtle unique effects! And mixing with other drugs not before you know how you react to the parent! And mixing with more than 1 other drug can yield EXTREMELY DISTURBING (nevertheless absolutely blissful) effects,I know it!

I would have done a trial run with the compound alone, unless you had done that earlier and I mistook your report. From what I understood you took a tab and then did the 3-MeO-PCP. If not, this seems like an intrigueing chemical. If anyone has any information on the health issues and history on this one I'd like to hear them. I'm a fan of dissociatives besides PCP itself, but then again the one time I tried it was along with dilaudid, ecstacy, mushrooms, and marijauna. So I just felt numb really.

Either way, interesting report that has most certainly peeked my interest in these analogues (sp?). Their's a rare shortage of dissociatives out there, mainly one left I can really take and enjoy (quite a bit, mind you) and that's good ole' ketamine, racemic or s.

Great report though, glad you came out okay!

Most intriguing <3:|<3

The telltale dissociative vibration was humming along nicely by now. It's a synaesthetic sensation that straddles the feeling of biting a Styrofoam dental tray, listening to bees through a tin can, and the smell of cardboard and metal in a walk-in freezer.

Thank you for this! I know exactly what you mean but I never thought I'd see it articulated in such a way :)

This is a really nice report. Your writing makes it easy to put myself in your shoes. Plus, I'm always excited to see a report about a semi-exotic chemical. I'm not very knowledgeable about pharmacology but I think it's neat to see how the effects and potency varies when the methoxy group moves from the 4 to the 3 position.

I would have done a trial run with the compound alone, unless you had done that earlier and I mistook your report. From what I understood you took a tab and then did the 3-MeO-PCP.
I took the 6mg alone. After it was clear that I had plateaued as was comfortable with the effects I insufflated 2mg more with the hit of LSD. So I had probably two hours with fairly strong effects from the 3-MeO alone before the LSD really started to color the experience. The majority of the report is about the effects of 3-MeO-PCP alone.

[I'm going to edit the report to make it more clear.]

Hugo24's recommendation to not start above 5mg is probably the best. The only people that MIGHT find that dose ineffective are those with a pre-existing tolerance to dissociatives. If you feel you absolutely must do more than 5 or 6mgs at least don't do more than 10mg. Perhaps Hugo can comment on a dose response curve.

Regarding the mixing of drugs: I wasn't too concerned about mixing it with LSD and psilocin because of my experience with them and their safety track record. The ketamine I was less sure about, so I tested a very small amount (around 10mg IM) and waited to see what happened. With a drug this closely related to PCP one should obviously tread carefully. That's true with all drugs, but generally I'd say it's more important to adhere to with something like 3-MeO-PCP than, for instance, most of the available tryptamines.

Last edited:
8mg IM produced a state not unlike post orgasmic bliss (and I've got a hideous tolerance for ketamine these days). All that on top of the fact that i have a cold - very, very impressed!

^Awesome. IM was next on my list for this one. So did you just jump right in with IM or can you compare its potency to oral? Of course, any qualitative differences are of interest, too.

[EDIT] Since I was uncertain about the duration info and everything I wrote was from a single experience, I thought I should add some info from a more experienced user in the interest of harm reduction. I'm posting it sans pseudonym, but if the poster sees this and wants to expand on it, pipe up.

Description: Psychedelic Dissociative
Dosage : 4-12mg+ (not higher tested yet)
Administration : oral
Duration : ~4.5h +/-1h depending on dosage; after-effects not included
Typical course : First effects at 30', strong onset at 1h, peak at 2h, sudden drop at 3h

Last edited:
Yep - tried 1mg as a test for ideosyncracies, was OK, so tried 8mg. Just recovered from 15mg IM and it is sooooo fuckin' nice. Mark my words, this will be a biggie - the genie is out of the bottle and it's too nice for words!

Now the initial test isover, I think some tryptamines are called for (I can't begin to imagine what 3-MeOPCP & DPT would be like, but I bet it's toe-tingling stuff =D)

Heh, I agree it'll be a biggie. Now that 4-MeO-PCP is out there and a modest success, a compound that is recreationally superior and, I assume, far less expensive by dose, should be an order of magnitude more successful.

Although I believe I was at the tail end of the plateau when I injected the psilocin/ketamine solution, there were marked differences in the experience I had versus my, now well practiced, psilocin/ketamine alone excursions. Obviously LSD played some role, but the experience was far more lucid and self-conscious than normal, a fact that may owe in some degree to the lucidity and self-reflexivity of the 3-MeO over ketamine. Also, the open-eye visuals of the four-way combo were the most fantastic I've ever experienced. They were three dimensional and extraordinarily stable, coasting along the way the rocks below a canoe in a shallow river flowing at walking speed do. I was also able to interact with them to some degree--moving them left or right, up or down, with my outstretched hands as my eyes were staid, though their essential shape and configuration remained the same. They were of the character of green fluoresceine ghosts, seemingly physically present--though translucent--instead of abberations in edge definition processing in the primary visual cortex as open eye visuals so often look to be.

"a fact that may owe in some degree to the lucidity and self-reflexivity of the 3-MeO over ketamine. " absolutely agree psood,you nailed it.You obviously know your stuff,reason for my post above is for the unexperienced to proceed with caution particularly with combinations.They work very well so far though,and 3-MeO seems forgiving so far.But frankly,I truly think if you have 3-MeO-PCP,you just don't need anything else,its Huxleys Soma!

15mg is one of the next stops for me.

Note: I started my work with the material without any tolerance,and from this comes the description of dose etc on ADD.I have used Dissociatives over the last 15 years maybe 10 times,just to show where I'm coming from.Dose response curve could be more flat than that of PCP is my feeling ( 3-HO-PCP otoh could have a very steep dose response curve!).

Last edited:
^How about Huxley's moksha? That word seems to have better connotations than his soma. Doesn't sound as good though.

You all are really testing me with these glowing reports. I'm still holding off until I take care of the second of my licensing exams. :p

Thanks for the report Psood.

Dosage 10mgs.

No other drugs were taken for the first 2.5 hours so I got a good clear look at it so to speak.

My take on it isn't as positive as everyone elses seems to be - that said I'm no big fan of dissociatives - it's effective enough but to my mind neither one thing or another, it produced a deep relaxation in the early stages ( say up t 90 minutes ) then the dissociative aspect became more pronounced. It didn't give me any feeling which would lead me to say " oh wow yeah that's seriously good stuff". I found it interesting in the way DOT is interesting - a mixed headspace, not unpleasant, but it didn't shake my world.

I'll go & stand in the corner & face the wall now ;)

Last edited:
I'm always concerned about the neurotoxicity and cerebral vasospasm induced by these PCP-like compounds... There was a paper a little while ago talking about the latter in dissociatives.

At first glance, it seems that this phenomenon is not unique to PCP-like compounds. Ketamine induced the same maximal isometric tension as PCP but at a 10-fold *greater* dose (analogous to the difference in potency). The proposal that cerebral arterial spasm plays a role in the effects of dissociatives seems rather outdated. My first thought is that if the smooth muscle constriction was indeed clinically relevant, this would have been discovered in safety trials with ketamine.

The neurotoxicity, OTOH, is a shared concern.

Edited.

Last edited:
Did you mean to say that the ketamine induced maximal isometric tension at 10-fold greater a dose? Because it's 10-fold less potent?

What are the chances that neurotoxicity is part of the actual mechanism of action of dissociative trips?

The neurotoxicity, OTOH, is a shared concern.

For some totally irrational reason that I can't quite place, I have something of a gut feeling that the increased mu opiate receptor activity will decrease the neurotoxicity compared with PCP. Could be completely & utterly wrong, but I have this strange feeling... maybe I'll change my mind in a few days when it's all out of my system (I imagine it'll have a hideously long half life, like PCP, due to lipid solubility and the way that PCP shaped molecules seem to be able to able to be absorbed back into the bloodstream from urine etc, which are carrier mediums for the drug & it's metabolite's excretion

Mind you, saying it's a bit less neurotoxic than PCP is hardly giving it a clean bill of health, so I think it prudent to tread carefully for the moment

Sounds like interesting material. Sucks to be out of the loop these days. What other kind of strange dissociatives are floating around these days?

The 3-methoxy doesn't sound any better than the 4-methoxy to me, just 10 or 20 fold more potent by weight. There isn't really anything newer than ketamine, MK-801, or 3-MeO- and 4-MeO-PCP that are being used by groups of humans recreationally.