• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3-MeO-PCP - New Experience - A Highly Intriguing Dissociative

3-MeOPCP is quite unlike any other dissociative I've taken in that it is remarkably clear headed and seems mostly free of the amnesiac properties of ketamine, tiletamine, PCP etc, It also (to me at least) seemed a lot less likely to produce a confusional state/delerium that I freq encounter on dissociatives. What really makes it stand out in my eyes thouigh is it's capacity for dissolving internal psychological barriers, making it very easy to be totally honest & truthful (& believe me, I've got plenty of those aforementioned barriers - probably due to the catholicism effect!), even concerning difficult topics/issues. Because of this, I'd be inclined to see it's relationship to other classic dissociatives as being similar to the relationship between MDA/MDMA and classic psychedelics; hence my comments about it's potential as a theraputic tool.

Only thing that leaves me a little concerned is neurotoxicity issues seeing as how it's so closely related to PCP - which means I think an even better bet would be the ketamine analogue with the 3-methoxyphenyl group ( 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone ) as I believe the magical trancendence properties are very closely linked to the 3-methoxy group & it's increased opiate-like activity

But shouldn't a tertiary amine be better for opioid binding? ( 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(dimethylamino)cyclohexanone ) for example?

Probably, but y'know I've never seen any data for the N,N-dimethyl or N,N-diethyl analogues of ketamine, only the effect of altering the single alkyl group (the ethylamine version being the most potent at twice the potency of the methyl group). If someone were really determined, they could probably synth the ketamine derivative with a piperidine for the alkylamino group, but the only route I can see would be a drawn out pain in the arse

Its interesting that all who tried it come to about the same conclusion about its effects,altough personal preference color the rating of these effects.

I must admit that 3-MeO-PCP is actually not a recreational drug,it has none of that fireworklike fanfare and sparkling eye,body or brain theater.Simply something unusual going on in your mind which gently invites you to participate.Then it can be very rewarding and you're be able to reap fruits you always thought "too high for me".Actually,a therapy and mediation tool.

I tried it at 5mg IM one quiet night not too long ago. It didn't seem much more potent than when taken orally, though I started to feel it within just 5 minutes (I think it plateaued at around .5-.75hrs). For me it was more recreational than other dissociatives taken alone, but that could simply be because I get nauseated when I move around a lot on doses of other dissociatives that are high enough to give me psychedelic effects. I'm not sure how it would be at a party, but I was able to enjoy a conversation on the phone without arousing any suspicions. As previously noted by others, there's undoubtedly a positive opiate-like push to it not experienced as strongly with other dissociatives. It gave my giddy trip to the laundry room downstairs the mood of a boingy descent into a subterranean dreamworld of secret passageways and trapdoors, and it was all entirely non-threatening. I had fun!

3-MeO may be a very malleable substance in terms of the type of experiences we can channel it into, I don't know. I gather that most of us who have experienced it are older males (for exotic drug users that is), familiar with many different chemicals, who are taking a relatively cautious approach by mostly using it alone at home. So some similarity between our experiences is natural.

If it's found that most of 3-MeO's wonders must be mined with a brush and chisel, as a comparatively lucid and euphoric dissociative I think it could still provide a unique range of more in your face experiences in combination with other substances. As I experienced when I combined it with LSD, should the mood strike I've no doubt that mixing it with low to moderate doses of 5-HT psychedelics will again provide all the extra flash and crackle I want without leaking too much of the wah wah from 3-MeO's dissociative balloon suit.

You conversed fluently on the 3-meo?

I find with most dissociatives that the ability to use the tongue correctly goes straight to shit. My mouth dont speak good when with dissociatives.

Well the 4-meo and I aren't having a blast anymore.... I be havin me some tolerance issues it seems with Dexter.

very well written and an enjoyable read. Im soo jealous :|

Yeah I could speak straight on 6mg,had a phone call which went easy,socializing appears also going well on the lower doses.

But its dose dependant,yesterday I had 15mg and it was a very strong experience (by far the hardest so far) and I was quite disabilitated,for the first time on this compound to be clear.Well coincidentally I got a phone call again on the peak but I simply didn't took it.I made a few speach tests before and I sounded ugly,telling incongruent crap,so I surely wanted to be alone.

I would place the 15mg on the upside of the dose range of 3-MeO-PCP for an intolerant user.Altough I felt safe physically,BP went up considerably and mentally,a certain tension became noticeable.Maybe its becoming closer to a hole dose as at certain times I was able,when willing to,to withdraw into blackness well,not blackness,there were strange closed-eye-visuals,some of them reminding me distantly of the "2C-B persian carpet style" type.

But still,the experience had a deep therapeutic dimension as I was finally able to see crystal-clear that I need to fully emancipate/distance myself from my parental home in regards to seeing (my) sexuality.Or finally shed the shadows they unconsciously put on me.

One thing is the catholic guilt reflex (about the same issue bulby works on,dam'it!) and also all the rape things which have happened.A close relative was raped at young age,became finally lesbian at 40y after 3 weddings-we got informed of this right at the time when my father was on dying-bed from putting off dialysis which itself was a extremely intensive time.I already knew for some that my grand-mother too was raped,one child resulting from this but whom we thankfully have a very good relationship to_Only last year my mother admitted to me that she was sexually abused as a child.Quite a thing to go through for me,if not renewed problems at work,my best uncle dying and a former aprentice committing suicide also needed additional attention.

My ambivalence towards sexuality finally can be addressed,its not that I want to devalue what all has happened and what horrible things these beloved persons had to go through,its only-why should this have such a negative influence on me?Why should their problem become one of mine?

Finally the purge is happening.I'm considering taking a good dose of 3-MeO-PCP again the evening before my next meeting with my shrink.

I know very little of your predicament, hugo, since you tend to be a rather private person. However, it does sound like you're going through something not too different from what I am currently going through.

Moving out of my parents home, which will happen next week, seems like the logical first step to address the tension between my love for them and my sexual instincts with which they are unable to live.

If you'd like to talk to someone about it, do not hesitate to message me :).

I can highly recommend Kierkegaard's The Concept of Anxiety to anyone working on guilt. you shouldn't brush it off as a simple catholic reflex; its so much more. Although the catholics (christianity in general) have a serious monopoly on the topos of guilt (its impossible to delve into it without getting passing them), it goes alot deeper once you get past the christian veil around it and juggle their concepts. Kierkegaard is a christian thinker, and in the concept of anxiety builds from the concept of the fall and original sin; but bear with it and i promise it will reward. You'd have to read and re-read it alot though; very difficult, even for very experienced philosophers; but oh so beautiful. Its like a women undressing teeny bit by bit. she'll show you a heel first; then perhaps, if your lucky, a little bit of her shoulder; a smile, ... . Heideggers core concept for gaining acces the understanding of Being in Being and Time was taken (after being stripped bare) from this little book.

The reason for the christian monopoly goes back to the foundations of modernism out of the middle ages. To put it concisely; our entire western culture is a guilt-culture. Our responsabilities are due to higher abstract entities we put above ourselves; such as universalizable law, objectivity, reason. these things have flown forth from the marriage of the ancient greek Logos and the christian God. its rather ironic to see how the roots of modern day atheism are in a way a logical consequence of the concepts that christianity cultivated themselves. anyway, asian cultures are shame-cultures; the worst thing that can happen to you is "to lose ones face". the pressure to be responsable is exterted by the others, and thus one can see the origins of the displays of collective unity (they want to show as one face), or the japanese suicides over failing at work. in terms of epistemology these woud correspond to foundational and coherentist theories of truth.

the last 2 maybe 3 decades the guilt and shame cultures are intermingling more and more, but its still not too difficult to see the traces to the strongholds. anyway, im digressing. guilt is intimatly intertwined with ideal. science for instance can never reach the concept of guilt since scientific method is founded on the ideal of the objective; it'd be trying to scratch an itch on its back that it just cannot reach. thus you'r forced to think with christian concepts in order to reverse-engineer to the core of guilt since our entire culture has been built on these foundational concepts. its difficult to see them at work though, since they hide very deeply under mighty rationalized thought patterns that work in our backs (culture).

I find with most dissociatives that the ability to use the tongue correctly goes straight to shit. My mouth dont speak good when with dissociatives.
Yes, as hugo24 recently agreed, it's fairly easy to have a conversation on lower doses. I think this is probably because it's possible to get many desirable effects from 3-MeO-PCP that other dissociatives require far higher levels of body dissociation to achieve. Euphoria and mild to moderate psychedelia appear well before you begin moonwalk stumbling or numb-tongued jumbling. 3-MeO doesn't need to be as intense in the body as the other dissociatives for recreational effects, though, as hugo24's recent 15mg dose post hints, perhaps higher doses will reveal this hole goes deeper than suspected. I think 10 or 11mg orally will be my next dose with it.

But still,the experience had a deep therapeutic dimension

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hugo. It's hard to discern how much of what was uncomfortable about your 15mg dose is due to 3-MeO's physiological effects and how much of it can be owed to working through anxiety-provoking psychological work during the experience. In any case, it's exciting that someone like you, who I assume has tested a wide range of powerful and therapeutically promising drugs, is finding such a novel and unusual substance so distinctly beneficial.

Well the 4-meo and I aren't having a blast anymore.... I be havin me some tolerance issues it seems with Dexter.

Believe me, nobody becomes as tounge tied as I do after k-hole sort of doses of ketamine (sometimes leading to a fair bit of frustration which ends up being expressed by slapping the side of my face and tellin it to co-operate). It seems to me that the problems of speech with dissociatives occur when there's a lot of thesaurus type activity going on in my head (ie finding just the right word to express myself), when I berate myself as in the mouth slapping mentioned above, which involves very little 'pre-mouth editing' it always comes out OK

Anyway, even after 15mg of 3-methoxyPCP via IM route, I found none of the usual dissociative induced difficulties with speech. Possibly because 3-MeOPCP seems to totally remove my internal editor that checks over what I'm about to say and modifies anything deemed not suitable for public consumption. This results in being totally open & honest with the person I'm talking to (this can, in certain circumstances become a possible source for later embarrassment as I found after spending an evening discussing the finer points of male sexuality, the importance to males of genital size etc with a close female friend - normally such topics can reduce me to a Hugh Grant type of awkward gibbering fool)

Finally the purge is happening.I'm considering taking a good dose of 3-MeO-PCP again the evening before my next meeting with my shrink.

This is where I could see 3-methoxy PCP becoming a very useful theraputic tool as (in my experience) it produces a more open & honest state than MDMA has ever induced in me. In tems of using it for this purpose hugo, I think the IM route of administration has something going for it as in the same way that DMT doesn't give you time to panic as you go up so fast any ego defence strategies are useless, IM 3-methoxyPCP seemed to push me straight into the open state without any misgivings which I imagine could arise from the longer time to peak from oral use

Just happened upon this report searching for info on 3-MeO-PCP, and I'm really glad I did! This is a beautiful anecdote - engaging, detailed, & very well written. Thanks psood0.

Quite interested in this substance actually. Has any further insight been gained on potential neurotoxicity issues?

Wow

Swim has had several experiences with Special K, I really only like it IV due to the fact that thats when its most opiate like.. This new 5-meo-pcp sounds like a weird candidate for swim to explore. Swim really only enjoys opiates and the precious ganja, and he has heard that this substance has a slight opiate hallucinogen type aspect to it. He is super duper excited to experiment. Any one care to share some does and don'ts? Swim is really not very experienced with disassociation. Banged K a total of 10 to 12 times. Swim has always been intimidated by PCP he thinks this might be a cool place to start.......... PS swim has a 40mg to 120mg a day opiate tolerance ( usually morphine, oxy and/or smack) would this have any effect on this substance?=D

A slight recantation

As if by synchronistic decree I consumed some 3meoPCP this evening @15mgs I also had MDPV & GBL & CODIENE & PHYCEPTONEin my system - I feel no ill effects .

My original assessment of this substance was made when i was in a very poor mindset - I have to say I would perhaps word it differently this time but essentially I stick to my opinion it aint ever gonna make it as a recreational drug for the masses - unless something spectacular happens at higher dose?

However since writing that previous paragraph my pleasure has subtly magnified over the night - I have to say I am more impressed than I was previously - set & setting are powerful aspects of drugs - I may have been a little too hasty in my previous assessment. However it aint gonna take the place of ketamine that's for sure.

Anyway cheers to someone somewhere for a pleasant evening.;)

The half life is very long - I took K last time so didn't note that aspect - the missus reckons it lingers on very lightly for a considerable time

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand all these oral consumption trials of this compound. PCP is typically smoked,injected or sniffed. I've heard of "peace pills" which are said to contain pcp but I've never seen nor heard of any accounts of anyone taking them. As far as I'm aware PCP type drugs are better done with a speedy onset or else the potency is dropped dramatically. Idunno, just my 2cents. It seems weird to me that someone would jump to the conclusion of another drug's recreational potential or whatever by a few low dose oral evaluation
BTW IME pcp doesn't really get trippy till u reach a high dose, usually getting stuck is necessary for everything to take on a sense of wonder and for everything to look really cool. I get bright weird CEVs thier weird, not like 5HT type stuff but theyre there and visuals in the dark, think og being in a small room, now turn off all light, and Iwill see a palace or labrynthe it will be in the dark but I can make it out clearly. It's pretty interesting and fun, but not mindblowing. I get better OEVs in a K-Hole but only in or very close to a khole

These Piperidine based dissociatives have such a good oral bioavailability they are perfect to take orally. I have smoked PCP before but somehow never reached something satisfying. The only thing positive is the fast onset of parenteral routes. Altough it appears even that is not too quick at least with these 3-MeO-PCP analogs, maybe its only with the higher amine homologs though?

Personally I didn't try 3-MeO-PCP other than oral, only i.m.-ed the propylanalog but potency wasn't much higher and the onset only shortened from 1.5h to maybe 0.5h. And frankly, if you search for the high dose psychedelia as I also did, it WILL come on rather quickly and suddenly when you take 15-25mg orally at once, just a bit delayed (I like surprises!)! And I just like the still somewhat gradual onset, particularly when reaching the tipping point to the "divine psychosis" of 3-MeO-PCP - hey, and how do you proceed with your sex partner? I like the foreplay, and I know some women like that also :p The end result will be the same if not better. But mind you, Ketamine is Another story, I too can only appreciate it i.m.

In tems of using it for this purpose hugo, I think the IM route of administration has something going for it as in the same way that DMT doesn't give you time to panic as you go up so fast any ego defence strategies are useless, IM 3-methoxyPCP seemed to push me straight into the open state without any misgivings - f&b
-

actually, I have no panic on the come up or other misgivings with dissociatives! Well the only misgivings I have with burning asses, BURNING and dripping noses, needle opertations, potential muscle stings, bad somkes etc.... What shows good oral activity, will go in oral here. Well I've smoked meth more than enough, but to be honest, I often took some oral as it gave by far the best goose pimples (as does methcath...).

To each his own...

^I didn't really notice much potency increase oral vs. IM either.

B9: You posted about a second person being taken to a mental hospital after polydrug use with 3-MeO-PCP in this thread. Any more info on that?

I agree about set and setting. I think 3-MeO-PCP is more sensitive to it than most dissociatives. In any case, considering the high incidence of serious reactions in what I assume is a fairly small and well experienced pilot group, I hope I'm wrong about 3-MeO-PCP's recreational/market potential.

B9: You posted about a second person being taken to a mental hospital after polydrug use with 3-MeO-PCP in this thread. Any more info on that?

None - that matter was discussed this weekend & hopefully we'll be able to make contact in order to ascertain that he's OK. If anything is known I'm sure F & B or myself - or hopefully even the guy himself will comment.

I have wanted to try an meo-pcp compound, but havent found a supplier yet. It sounds very intriguing.