Votes: 45 80.4%
  • Yes (in a negative way)- please expand

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No (neutral change)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Yes and no (I'm confused...)

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
They haven't changed me, only reconfirmed what I already know and let it become more noticeable. Tis a good thing.

I actually dont think its just tryptamines, but serotinergic hallucinogens in general (meaning, counting phens) have helped me alot. Its also usually the "ego struggle" trips that help the most cuz all my problems assault me and i realize things i normally wouldnt, usually having to do with the way other people feel. I find that my tryptamine and even more so, mdma experiences have taught me to be more selfless

Favs:

Psilocin or 4-aco-dmt
Lsd
2ce
mdma
4-ho-mipt seems pretty interesting as well, only tried it twice so far though at lower doses

No (neutral change)

Does this make bugger all sense to anyone else?

No refers to there not being a change, yet the neutral change says there was one, but it was neither positive or negative.

My answer is for the no part, not the latter part.

Note 2- please expand on your answer by at least mentioning the tryptamine/s you have experienced....PEACE

Umm.. a few types of mushrooms, DMT (inc. aya), 4-aco-mipt, 4-aco-dipt, 4-ho-met, 5-meo-mipt, 5-OH-DMT, a-MT, & 5-meo-aMT.

Last edited:
I didn't expect the positive to be that large :) I voted positive as well; a few years back I had OCD-like anxiety problems; hypochondria and serious phobia for illness causing me to touch nothing that was public. Annoying to say the least; in a mushroom trip in spring 2006 I somehow cured it. It wasn't even the intention; I was already happy enough I never got anxiety in trips but I didn't expect trips to completely end it, but it happened. I was already trying to treat myself with cognitive behavior therapy and that day I félt what I thought all that time, it was all too beautiful to let fear influence it, and it worked.

Unfortunately this summer, when I had a litter of 6 kittens that all died except for one (and within 2 weeks too) it came back in a different way. The hyponchodria is still gone; and I'm not as bad with touching things while I'm outside; but when I have to go out or indoors it becomes a problem; because with the kittens we had to wash our hands with some serious cleaning things because these kittens were vulnarable; we were as careful as we could be yet almost all of them died anyway. Turns out they got pneunomia from a bacteria in their mothers bowel; but we found that out months later after the section on one of the earliest-dead-kittens was complete. This caused it to kind of come back after 4 years..

Bút that doesn't change the fact I was free of fear for 3.5 years :) Shrooms still fixed that, and I know if I try my best to think the right things in a trip it might even work again. Absolutely wonderful.

Oh; and LSD made me a better and happier nihilist, and díd help me to put the dead kittens in place during a very intense trip, also positive, but the shroom-phobia thing actually improved my quality of life so much I find it hard to believe it did, and it did.

Last edited:
no time to develop so let's just say that among others things, they saved my life. especially ayahuasca

Yes and no, confused.

They've helped fuel my distancing from societal values, which is good or bad. Ignorance is bliss, vs. enlightenment etc. I tend to see this as something that needs to happen anyway.

In parallell with (and perhaps constituting to) the first point, they've helped me cultivate a relativistic view on life and existance, which is sensible in my opinion - but can hurt a lot. Again, ignorance vs. enlightenment.

psychedelics opened my mind to buddhism/spiritualism/non-dualism, which i find much more important than the actual psychedelics. but i consider them very important in allowing my mind to open to these other realms.

pshchedelics showed me a glimpse, and showed me that they are not the end of the road.

You know those people who cling to notions of angels and snow dances? Or people who cling to bibles for security? Like the kind of folk who actually get something out of using rosaries.

For those of us who couldn’t prescribe ourselves mysticism, you can find your own angels and psychopomps. Trypts bring back that spark that gets extinguished once you realize structure is simpler and more effective. In regards to that spark, you’re good when you’re young, but it gets slowly beaten out of you no matter how hard you grasp at it. School and stuff especially. Social and educational indoctrination… woo hoo!

For some reason (and don’t shoot me down with science I know this isn’t an accuracy) I associate tryptamines with serotonin and phenethylamines with dopamine. Like the kind of happiness you get from them… ones more concrete, like HAPPY! THING! YEAH! And the other is a little more subtle and understated. Both are great, but to me trypts are an easier tool to wield.

You could go on about perceptual changing associated with entheogenic tryptamines and how they let you learn and grow. But if you want to be snippy kava is an entheogen, and you can explore your consciousness in countless ways without drugs. You don’t need to talk to the virgin mary in your stucco or watch grass speak to hold onto that. Life in general is a trip and if people need trypts to launch off, that’s a whole new topic.

Back ON topic, tryptamines give you back that reassurance that abstract and surreal is just as real, and they let you manifest and delve. They replenish what the world so loves to deplete. Tryptamines are god, but so is most everything.

Sorry about your kitties, thats really sad.

Well I find tryptamines certain different than what I classify as drugs, they have alot of character, LSD and psilocybin are what I'm used to. they take me out of the every day habits and cycles I design and follow and let me feel less a victim of the conditions i'm living and more empowered to act, and see beauty in every day things and act differently, live for the moment. I feel great joy when I'm seeing visions of my magnified imagination or space textures and grids. or watching the stars dance.

I'm very driven/interested by any context I can derive from trips about the nature of reality...as well.

I was tempted to say yes but went with yes and no. I don't like the word "changed" here. I don't think psychedelics themselves, whether tryptamines, phenethylamines or anything else I've tried, have changed me themselves; that implies that the drug is an agent of change. Psychedelic experiences and my reflections on them have certainly made me happier and more at peace with the world and have played a large role in my intellectual development, at least in the sense that a world view must shed some light on, or at least leave room for psychedelic experience to be tenable in my mind. Empirical reductionism, for example, seems untenable to me because the idea that we can know any positive properties about the external world in a truly objective sense now seems impossible to me (of course I still believe in empirical study / science, but I don't believe we can derive much beyond what basically amount to so far universally observed physical trends. It's well understood in scientific thought that scientific theories can be absolutely falsified (by contradictory and reproducible empirical evidence) but can never be absolutely proven (it's always conceivable that we could discover some new exotic particle we were previously unaware of, new dimensions, a smaller set of sub-subatomic particles, etc. that have properties we previously thought were impossible). It certainly can't explain consciousness, and I believe that when our physiological mapping of the brain and each component's exact function is complete, we still won't be able to.

All that being said, most of my strongly held beliefs come from things I have read, studied, discussed and debated, not things I came up with while tripping or processing a recent trip. It is one of many 'test cases' from my own experience that I apply to any applicable concept when evaluating it. Most of my views ultimately derive from Lacanian psychoanalysis. As far as I know, Lacan never jumped on board the brief window of psychedelic psychotherapy (not sure if it was even done at all in France when it was happening in the US). I've actually been meaning to further research and/or write about the connection between Lacanian thought and understanding psychedelics - I've mostly only done so here in informal, rambling posts like this one ;)