Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No (neutral change)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Yes and no (I'm confused...)

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

kroozer_*

Bluelighter
As far as tryptamines go. I am mainly mentioning about psychs such as Fungi, mabey some dmt's.

Somehow, L allowed me to rethink my life and stick with getting my life together. As well as a respect for the universe and nature. Also, good o lucy turned me on to social psychology and got my have my associates degree now.=D

How have tryptamines changed/helped you..
positive?
negative?
new inspiration?

Swilows Note- I have changed the question slightly so it isn't as loaded as previous. Also- as LSD isn't a tryptamine, though contains the tryptamine structure. However, for the purpose of the poll, we will not be referring to LSD as it will skew results.

Note 2- please expand on your answer by at least mentioning the tryptamine/s you have experienced....PEACE
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent tried LSD but mushrooms have definatly helped me to understand the world better, and they have made me a better person without a doubt.

I think maybe a neutral category could also be included.

This is a rather broad question.

DMT, in particular, has changed me profoundly in a matter of months. My whole worldview, self-view, ideas of humanity's role in the universe, and deeply held philosophical beliefs that were years in the making have been turned completely upside down.

I am working on a cohesive summary of this experience, which I believe I will spend the remainder of my life pondering, at the moment. It will ultimately be posted in the P&S forum, and I'll put a link in this thread. :)

In a word, +.

When you think "+" is a word you've clearly been smoking too much DMT ;)

DMT and DPT are the main catalysts for change from the tryptamine family, for me. Mainly being able to cope with incredible sesory overload with little/diminshing fear- this, in turn, has been ov great assistance when dealing with real life "overload".

DPT also introduced a passion for exploring more occult traditions.

Yes and No for me. My first mushroom experience (which was highly traumatic) broke me out of a bad social scenario and I was able to see people for what they were and I managed to get out of it and move on with my life. It reminded me of who I really was and made me see through my superficial ego.

I was certainly not left with an afterglow from that experience though. Tryptamines are generally unpleasant, panic/anxiety inducing, and traumatizing. They catalyzed a profound shift in my life with certain experiences but they also precipitated a lot of anxiety and social alienation. This is mushrooms BTW.

My most recent tryptamine experiences have been with 4-AcO-DiPT and I consider them neutral, I don't really learn much, or feel threatened by it. It's just a light trip.

5-meo-DMT I haven't had enough experience with yet. I find it beneficial in a way. Mostly as a meditation aid that really propels me deeper.

My major positive and healing experiences have all been with phenethylamines and LSD. Phenethylamines have actually helped me heal damage caused by tryptamines (mainly mushrooms).

^Hmm, I find tryptamines to be generally pleasant; but such as mushrooms can be HIGHLY unpleasant.

I also foudn with 4-Ho-Dipt that nothing much was gained nor lost. Just felt fucked up. :D

DPT is probably, IMO, the supreme tryptamine; it is relentless :)

Hmm... Have much less experience with tryptamines than I do phens... what experience I do have is definitely positive though :)

Mushrooms have indeed changed my life for the better. They were my first psychedelic and they helped me to view the world how it really is instead of how I had created it in my mind. A true reality check to say the least. I also feel a lot happier with where I'm at in life and am no longer an over confident egotistical person. Helped with minor bi-polar and anxiety disorders as well surprisingly. I am a lot more comfortable in my own skin after experiencing so many things on mushies.

They also have helped me to learn how to relax...deep breathing exercises are amazing on psychedelics for sure!

Love the fungus =D

Mushrooms were the first psych I tried and has been one of the most helpful tools in the psychedelic arsenal. Recently, I've been experimenting with 4-AcO-DMT and have found it to be one of the better feeling trypt's while at higher doses still being able to produce profound revelations, especially when combined with a low-medium dose of mushrooms. I think the combo of psilocetin, psilocin, and psilocybin create a trifecta of euphoric and introspective ridiculousness. Okay, I'm talking a bunch of shit but this combo opened my third eye like none other the night before last and I'm still trying to put the pieces back together. DMT has also been another helpful substance and as swillow said, "DMT and DPT are the main catalysts for change from the tryptamine family, for me. Mainly being able to cope with incredible sesory overload with little/diminshing fear- this, in turn, has been ov great assistance when dealing with real life "overload". While I have yet to try DPT it is on my top 3 to try list probably above 2c-t-7, and DOM (I know they're not tryptamines). I hope to work a little more with 5-MeO-DMT, I'm not sure though as the 3 experiences so far have been very hard to integrate.

I guess I am in the minority that would say that not tryptamines, nor any other psychedelics have precipitated changes in my life (other than some of the lifestyle that surrounds drug use). I have had intriguing, fascinating, and intense experiences, but all have left me 100% the same upon coming down. I can't even think of any revelations or insights I've gained after 30+ trips.

I guess I am in the minority that would say that not tryptamines, nor any other psychedelics have precipitated changes in my life (other than some of the lifestyle that surrounds drug use). I have had intriguing, fascinating, and intense experiences, but all have left me 100% the same upon coming down. I can't even think of any revelations or insights I've gained after 30+ trips.

These occurrences are very subjective. They depend greatly on personality type, current position in life, obviously set and setting, and events following the trip. I've had a handful of "epiphanies" on psychedelics like many others here, but the important lessons came in the months after a trip while viewing my life with less/different filters.

Certainly a positive impact--however, the ergoloids (e.g. LSD) have had a greater positive effect in my life overall. Virtually all serotonergic psychedelics have had at least some positive impact on my life (save, for example, 5-MeO-DiPT, which only had an acutely negative effect on my gut and colon), but ergoloids have been the orders of magnitude more helpful than most simple (naked) tryptamines. The psychedelic amphetamines (DOC, DOI) rank in between the two. My high metabolism seems to often interfere with the experience engendered by the simple tryptamines. Compared with friends, I am an extraordinary hardhead with respect to mushrooms (5g could have me mildly sedated with a few hours of psychovisual sparkle while a comrade will have god on the phone for a good 6-8 hours with 3g of the same strain). DMT is the same story: I just never really break through. I get some highly intricate fractal visual overlay effects, but I certainly never hit this so-called multi-dimensional (3D, 4D, 5D, pick your choice) "DMT Space" and talk to the electric monkey-man.

Of the simple tryptamines, 5-MeO-DMT has been the most positive for me. I think I only adequately respond to the 5-methoxy- derivatives.

They have made me a more selfless person. I care about other people much more than I used to and try to help anyone the best I can.

I think thats a good step for me

I'll elaborate when I'm not so fucked up on narcotics. LSD gave me so much but I'm kinda lost in booze and drugs now and its hard to integrate it into my life. But as a whole acid made me feel alive again. I was dead inside for a long time and psychedelics made me smile. God Bless them for what they did to me. I used to be a lost cause and now I'm starting to see a path. I don't know where it goes but I'm gonna follow it :D

LSD is the only psych i ever felt changed me in any significant way....

Before i ever tried it i was pretty pessimistic with everything, i was bored with life and kind of wanted it to end.... I never attempted suicide but im sure eventually it would have happened if something did not change....

Pot kind of helped the depression and boredom with life.... enough to get me into a mindset that i would be comfortable on dropping acid.... It was probably about 6 months after starting to smoke pot...

I dropped it with a friend of mine, it was also his first experience with the drug. Long story short for some reason i was filled with such a powerful euphoria that it went beyond anything i could have ever dreamed. I realized a lot of things about my life, i stopped seeing it for all of the random shit that happens and more for the little things in life that make life worth living.

I stepped out of the house that morning to a beautiful spring day and my first thought was "life is wonderful".

From that day i dont think i have had a really pessimistic view on life, i love my life.

Thinking your dead on salvia is a bit of a learning experience..... You get to stare death in the face with very little risk of actually dying.... although i could have died on that particular trip because i walked into a fucking camp fire.... 3 small 2nd degree burns on my right foot and ankle.... As far as how i reacted, without fear, i accepted it and moved on with it.... I find that comforting....

The day after a trip. Whether L, fungi or some others makes me feel mental clarity. As well as being able to analyze situations in a more in depth way. Which has helped me learn more and realize what i should, and should not be doing with my life. As well as emotional bonding between partners in relationships.

Depends on how the person's mind is "wired" if they are really going to get profound hind and forsight/realization of what role a person plays in society. Dumb people taking tryptamines and others will not broaden their horizons due to a lack of intelligence IMO.

Yes, my post was a lil broad..sry.

Depends on how the person's mind is "wired" if they are really going to get profound hind and forsight/realization of what role a person plays in society. Dumb people taking tryptamines and others will not broaden their horizons due to a lack of intelligence IMO.
Though at the same time a smart person shouldn't need drugs to accomplish this. The division is probably not quite that simple.