Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affidavit details $7 million ecstasy bust in Woodland

Affidavit details $7 million ecstasy bust in Woodland

By Denny Walsh

Published: Wednesday, May. 20, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 3B

Authorities say they discovered more than $7 million worth of ecstasy and nearly half a million dollars in cash over the weekend hidden in a truck during a traffic stop on Interstate 5 in Woodland.

Robert James Fox, a Canadian citizen, is charged in a criminal complaint filed Monday in Sacramento federal court with possessing ecstasy for distribution, importing a controlled substance and smuggling more than $10,000 into the United States.

He made appearances Monday and Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Gregory G. Hollows but has not been released. The judge told Fox's attorney that there must be substantial collateral before release on bail is considered.

Fox, 37, was northbound in a 2008 Peterbilt flatbed tow truck with a British Columbia license plates when he was pulled over Saturday by California Highway Patrol Officer Lamberto Montaño for speeding, according to the affidavit of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent in support of the complaint.

While Montaño was citing Fox, the officer "observed several discrepancies under the bed of the truck that (were) indicative of … a hidden compartment," according to ICE Special Agent Bradford Bybee's affidavit. Montaño ran his drug-sniffing dog around the vehicle, and the animal alerted to the presence of narcotics at "the mid-interior of the truck bed," it says.

Bybee and ICE Special Agent Kim Wong were summoned, and they found a hidden compartment containing 69 plastic bags of various colored pills. One of the pills tested positive for methylenedioxymethamphetamine or MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy, the affidavit states.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jill Thomas told Hollows on Tuesday that there were 390,000 pills with an estimated street value in excess of $7 million.

Also in the compartment were three bags containing $435,000 in new, sequentially numbered $100 bills," the affidavit says.

In a sock in a suitcase in the truck's cab was $2,670 in new $100 bills, a $50 bill and a $20 bill, the affidavit says. It says the ICE agents interviewed Fox after he waived his right not to answer questions. He denied he was aware of the pills and money, and said the truck had been under his exclusive control since he entered the United States on May 12. He said he is a mechanic by trade but has been driving for Federal Towing LTD for approximately 18 months and has made about 50 trips into the United States.

Fox told the agents that he usually goes to auctions in Southern California and brings autos and boats back to British Columbia, according to the affidavit.

At that point in the interrogation, according to the affidavit, Fox's memory completely failed him. He said he does not know who owns Federal Towing, does not know who his boss is, does not remember who hired him, and does not know who signs his paychecks. At Fox's court appearance Tuesday, he was represented by Victor Sherman, a prominent criminal defense lawyer from Santa Monica. While discussing bail, Hollows remarked to Sherman that his client could not be regarded as a "mule" - someone who simply carries contraband from place to place.

Sherman replied that a mule often carries both narcotics and cash. To which the judge replied that Fox would have to be a "trusted mule. Just a regular old mule doesn't carry $400,000 around.

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1876289.html

relentless busts, it almost brings me to tears :(

god damn I wish I was one of those guys. just imagine sitting on 351 pounds of meth whilst working your way through a pound of coke. o_o

you'd be coming down all the way through prison.

"it rots the body from the inside out"

who wants to bet one of the officers children takes ADD meds.

I'd agree with you that if the officer even does have a child, theres a chance. To even remotley compare pure crank to maybe a 30mg XR Adderall is fucking ridiculous. Meth will eventually, over a prolonged period of time wreck havoc on the body. Depending on your ROA it can be worse for some people than with others.

So please, think before you post.

THATS A LOT OF CRANK!! I'm sure someone is pissed/dead.

Yeah, I saw that article a few days ago and almost cried. At least there seem to be more clean pills around LA now than there were about 4 months ago. For a while all I could find were pipers and meth bombs and piper meth bombs...:X:p:!

I wonder where he was headed... North bound on Interstate 5 in Woodland, CA which is a little ways north of Sacramento...

Portland?
Seattle?
Back To Canada/BC?

He never should have been speeding...8)

Isn't that the first chapter in the Drug Mule Driver's Guide?
I think it was titled Avoiding Law Enforcement Through Overall Reduction of Acceleration.

Interstate 5 is full of everything law enforcement including but not limited to Highway Patrol, City Cops, Undercover/Plain Clothed Cops, DEA, Immigration and who knows all what else up and down the entire state.

Yeah... like I'm going to load up a truck (with not just out of state but FOREIGN plates) with $7mill. in pills and $400,000 in cash and then I'm going to go speeding up one of the most major highways in California...

And this guy is supposed to be a "Trusted Mule"...

I live in West Sacramento, basically right off of the 5 FWY. The whole stretch is pretty much flat and open to any law enforcement to easily pick you off at any given time. The fact that this dude was speeding in a tow truck, on 5 with all the stuff he had makes him one of the biggest dumb asses i have heard of in a long time! I can only imagine what his "employers" are thinking right now? With that much product and money his investors were probably not just small time. He'll probably snitch and cut a deal....(stupid pussy)

This deserves a big fucking face palm. Speeding with all that in his truck and now he will go to jail for a long long time or if he snitches.. well then another manufacture goes down.....

Teenager Held In Connection With 200K Heroin Seizure

(200,000 British pounds, I don't know how to make the correct symbol on my computer :p)

Ireland On-Line

28/05/2009

Teenager held in connection with €200k heroin seizure
28/05/2009 - 07:47:52

Gardaí in Dublin have arrested a teenager in connection with a heroin seizure in the Lucan area last night.

The 17-year-old was detained following the discovery of one kilogram of the drug at a house in Hillcrest Way.

Gardaí say the raid was part of an ongoing operation against local drug dealers and the heroin seized had a potential street value of around €200,000.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/ire...nnection-with-200k-heroin-seizure-412608.html

Does anyone else find it odd that the only person arrested at the house is a 17 year old? Do the Irish police believe it wouldn't have been more valuable to sit on the house for awhile? Or is there a prep school for drug kingpins that this guys skipped a few grades?

Holy Crap 8o

What on earth is a 17 year old doing with that much heroin. At least he is a minor and probably won't get to harsh of a sentence. This sure is a wild world we live in :)

He sounds pretty fucked to me, No doubt he'll have to at least serve 20+ years in prison....

yeah seriously how would a 17 year old even get that much heroin?? I am sure theres more to this story.

Given the right circumstance, it might not be a bad idea to go after him... I would not have confidence in a 17 year old holding up to serious LE questioning.

ive known some serious 17-18 year olds that would handle this much dope at a time. dont be so quick to say he's been set up

They think he is most likely to squeal. Youths sell heroin all over the world due to the horrible failure of the drug war (usa included) but its not polite to speak of.

Drug Bust Yields Ecstasy Shaped Like Obama & Snoopy

NORTH OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) A drug bust in North Ogden Wednesday night yielded quite a haul for authorities. They say they confiscated Ecstasy pills shaped like President Obama and the cartoon character Snoopy.

This happened near 455 east 2175 north. Yvonne Hardy is still talking about what police and sheriff's deputies found inside her neighbor's house. Hardy says most people would mistake the pills for candy or vitamins.

Police say it all started when they were called to the home about a loud party. Initially nine people inside the house refused to come out. Eventually 37-year old Eric Woodard was arrested.

The Weber/Morgan Narcotics Strike Force says he's wanted in Washington State for assault with two deadly weapons. Hardy says,” Well it's not right to deal drugs of any kind, let alone those looking like Obama and Snoopy.”

Bob Hudson says a child could look at the Ecstasy pills and mistake them for something that's not a dangerous hallucinogenic. Hudson says,” Well that's not too good of a thing. Kids get a hold of it and they think it’s just candy.”

Strike Force Agents say the drug bust was worth about 10-thousand dollars. They say they've seized other dangerous pills recently in the shape of Transformers, Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons characters.

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/stor...like-Obama-Snoopy/Md1rz98wN062S7QRRl0YJA.cspx

Original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.