• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kratom Withdrawal

I actuallly would not follow that. Such a small amount of phenibut could cause you to actually have more anxiety instead of reducing it.

For me when I would stop using kratom I noticed the withdrawal duration was actually quite short compared to regular opiates. The worst would usually be the first day and the second day. By the third day I would feel fine. This was just from using UEI for like 2 months though. It did feel alot less severe then somthing like hydrocodone withdrawal.

If you are just sitting around and dont have anything to do. Then the withdrawals are really going to get to you. It's all about filling up your schedule and have plenty to do. But yeah I dont understand why some people are so surprised that they have terrible withdrawals after using somthing addictive for longer then a few months.

The most important thing is to try and space it out as much as possible.

If your one of those people that is quiting a full agonist opiate and need some help. Kratom is not going to make you go back wards. If anything it might actually make the transition off of opiates alot easier. Just dont stay on it for that long!

I actuallly would not follow that. Such a small amount of phenibut could cause you to actually have more anxiety instead of reducing it
The phenibut is not there to deal with anxiety, you take it to eliminate kratom withdrawal.

If 250 mg isnt enough then you can always double or triple that to 500 or 750mg funnybut

I was using Kratom daily for several years and also several times every day. I've been off it for 4 days now. It's not such a big deal but I feel that my body is "missing" something. What helps me is Rhodiola rosea. (One time I took Rhodiola rosea and forgot to take the Kratom, a couple of minutes later I got that little "Kratom-kick" and a couple of minutes after the kick I did remember that I had forgotten to take the Kratom, that's when I realized that Rhodiola rosea must release dopamine like Kratom do(?)).

Also Coffee and 5-HTP does also help.

Dont use Rhodiola rosea a couple of hours before sleep! The same goes for coffee of course! :)
If you cant take the withdrawal then alcohol does help. Only use it in a emergency.

I would agree to most of that attempt4 but I think that Loperamide is possibly the most effective thing you can get, it works for some and not for others. I found it to be more effective than codeine or any other opiate for the withdrawal of kratom, 40mgs throughout a day would of stopped my w/d altogether. It may be advisable to then taper that, but as far as i know its the best thing, some are now becoming addicted to that so I don't know but it is a godsend if used correctly. Yes it blocks you up abit, but not as bad as you may think, and anyway Id rather be blocked up for a while than walking for miles sweating and be utterly miserable which is what it was like. Yes yes i know loeramide doesnt cross the blood brain barrier but how come i felt relief, and as it happens loads of relief.
Very true. I wrote a whole thread on loperamide: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...-some-people-s-withdrawals-and-not-for-others

Its all in how much you take which dictates whether loperamide is effective in eliminating WD's

I don't feel very well but I'm proud to say I've been off of Kratom for 10 days now after 9 months of heavy daily use. (half pound every 10 day/ 3 5-8 gram doses a day). Im not out of the muck yet but I think I've got through the brunt of it. I have to say Loperamide really helped me, I was taking 15 every other day and now I'm down to 5 a day. I wanted to avoid benzo's so I've been on ambien to help me sleep, plus a little extra here and there for anxiety. Overall I'm still depressed but I'm exercising and taking cold showers to help and it's boosting my moral a bit. Gonna stay off for a while but I do love Kratom. I think I'm gonna give it some time and then just use it on the weekends. Excited to have some extra cash!

I don't feel very well but I'm proud to say I've been off of Kratom for 10 days now after 9 months of heavy daily use. (half pound every 10 day/ 3 5-8 gram doses a day). Im not out of the muck yet but I think I've got through the brunt of it. I have to say Loperamide really helped me, I was taking 15 every other day and now I'm down to 5 a day. I wanted to avoid benzo's so I've been on ambien to help me sleep, plus a little extra here and there for anxiety. Overall I'm still depressed but I'm exercising and taking cold showers to help and it's boosting my moral a bit. Gonna stay off for a while but I do love Kratom. I think I'm gonna give it some time and then just use it on the weekends. Excited to have some extra cash!
How did you handle the constipation part?? Did you take laxatives, or just couldnt be bothered to shit??

^^ Well I havn't shit for a couple days to be honest, but normally when I stop taking the Loperamide for a day it wears off enough so I can make a bm (lol). First time I've been through this though, been an experiment for me.

How did you handle the constipation part?? Did you take laxatives, or just couldnt be bothered to shit??

Personally, I found the constipation from loperamide not worse than the effect from other opiates (even the "hard" ones, like heroin or subutex). Laxatives help, but they're not really necessary if you have a decent tolerance, which would be the case for most addicts.

Also, loperamide in high doses (40-80mg, depending on your habit) eliminates ALL WD symptoms for me, so I assume a small amount does cross the BBB. I really recommend this, a dose will take some time to reach full effects, about 2 to 3 hours, but will also last a full day, so you need to dose only once (I recommend in the evening, a few hours before you go to bed, so you'll have no trouble sleeping). Tapering is also very easy with this, simply lower your dose by 5mg a day, and your WDs will be nearly painless.

I've used this method several times to kick my H habit (only to relapse again, of course :(), and it made it possible to function as normal, which is essential for me as I can't take time off work just for withdrawal. Give it a try, you'll be surprised how effective it is.

ok, I am going to get off this stupid expensive herb...
has anyone else had high blood pressure during withdrawals, mine was 151/97 the other night when I ran out and I have been on blood pressure med for years anyway, well controlled on 10/12.5 lisinopril/hctz..

I am also having a real buzzing in my head, a feeling of pressure and sounds in my ears...help

I recently successfully tapered myself off of klonopin and zoloft with almost no ill effects...the kratom is harder and I feel worse!
getting my last batch tomorrow and will rigorously taper myself I guess, just to avoid these withdrawal symptoms and be able to work

Last edited:
Glad to find you all here. I have a 3 month kratom addiction going. 10 grams 2 or 3 times a day. About 10 days ago I tried to wait as long as I could before dosing. I lasted about 18 hours since my last dose. I felt like absolute dogshit. Skin crawling, leg pain, absolutely unable to get comfortable, vomiting, depressed, anxious. I cut down at that point to 3 grams 3 times a day. 10 days now. I've been feeling anxious and depressed at this dose, but no withdrawal symptoms. This morning I took 20 mgs. of loperamide, 1 teaspoon of black seed oil, 3/4 gram of tryptophan, 1 gram of kratom, some mate, a little kanna, a couple of grams of blue lotus extract, a quart of tonic water with quinine and I feel f......ing great! No withdrawal symptoms at all. No leg pain, no depression, no anxiety, no queasy stomach, good appetite. I'm going to keep my dosage at 1 gram 3 times a day for a few days, with the lope and tryptophan, quinine water and black seed oil. Then I'll drop the kratom and hope for the best. Lope works for sure, so does black seed oil.
I'll let you know how it goes.....

Congrats on wanting to quit! paws shouldn't be that long, be careful with the xanax, they are extremely addicting too. You don't want to replace one addiction with another! Good Luck and keep us posted!

There are a lot of posts on this thread and I haven't read them all. Not even close, please forgive me if this question is being repeated. I have been using kratom daily for about a month now 15-20 gms/day. I got off kratom a month ago for about a week and the w/d was 2 days and mild RLS, burning skin feeling and wicked fatigue. I started again because I thought that wasn't so bad. I had read that exercise helps with w/ds so I've going for runs and lifting weights most everyday so when I w/d again it will be less severe. While I said it wasn't so bad before I didn't mean to imply it was a walk in the park. I had no energy to do anything. I really think I couldn't do anything. I feel that fatigue again when its been 24hrs since I last had kratom. Has anybody else quit kratom that exercised everyday. If so did it help? I want to quit again because I'm not pursuing my hobbies anymore and I'm addicted which is never good. Thanks for any help and for letting me know I'm not alone.
I one last thing. I can't get any benzos and don't want them if I could. The most I'm willing to take and probably will is Benadryl. If I get no responses I write again and let you know how it was w/ding.

There are a lot of posts on this thread and I haven't read them all. Not even close, please forgive me if this question is being repeated. I have been using kratom daily for about a month now 15-20 gms/day. I got off kratom a month ago for about a week and the w/d was 2 days and mild RLS, burning skin feeling and wicked fatigue. I started again because I thought that wasn't so bad. I had read that exercise helps with w/ds so I've going for runs and lifting weights most everyday so when I w/d again it will be less severe. While I said it wasn't so bad before I didn't mean to imply it was a walk in the park. I had no energy to do anything. I really think I couldn't do anything. I feel that fatigue again when its been 24hrs since I last had kratom. Has anybody else quit kratom that exercised everyday. If so did it help? I want to quit again because I'm not pursuing my hobbies anymore and I'm addicted which is never good. Thanks for any help and for letting me know I'm not alone.
I one last thing. I can't get any benzos and don't want them if I could. The most I'm willing to take and probably will is Benadryl. If I get no responses I write again and let you know how it was w/ding.

I've w/d from opiates a few times in my life, and I always found exercise to help- but mostly WHILE I was exercising. It took my mind off the w/d for a times and that alone is worth it. Also, my nerves are fucking jangled during those times and a good aerobic workout really helps. Exercise is not a cure-all for w/d, but look at it this way: those w/d are GOING to end, and if you exercise you'll be in some kick-ass shape when they're done and you'll be feeling good. What could be better?

damn.... I tried kratom ONE time when I was withdrawaling from a small fentanyl and heroin binge I had like 2 summers ago.. It was some pretty weak stuff. People actually get addicted and withdrawals from this stuff???!!! hahahaha.... Seriously guys, You don't know what pure agony and suffering is untill you have had the W/D's from an IV heroin habit, and your connect is out of town for 3 days. Does kratom withdrawal leave you on the bathroom floor in the fetal position in a pool of your own diarrhea shit with goose bumps and throwing up all over yourself?

You are too cool for school, man. Things are different for everyone. NOBODY gives 2 shits about your heroin habit or the amount of diarrhea you had.
fucking tool.

8)

Yea, no shit Heroin WD is worse, but kratom WD is real and a WD of it's own.

A good taper should help you emensly, OP.

This method will reduce your kratom withdrawal by about 95%, and it'll allow you to go to work regularly without suffering from WD's while at work. Its a true, tried and tested method:

Step 1. Try to taper down your kratom use to 2-4 grams twice or 3 times daily (I'm talking about the powder, not extract)

Step 2. Take your last 2-4 grams of powder after dinner, so around 7 or 8 PM. This will ensure a decent night sleep.

Step 3. Your WD's should start next day around noon to afternoon. As soon as you feel them coming on take the following: 1x250 mg Phenibut + 1x500 mg GABA.

Step 4. You need to take those 2 capsules every 2 to 3 hours during the first 3 worst days of your withdrawal. After 3 days you can taper it off to maybe taking them every 4 to 6 hours.

Step 5. You can also take loperamide if you get loose stool or diarrhea

And that is that, your WD's should only last 5 to 6 days at the most and you will barely feel a damn thing.

For some reason phenibut in combination with GABA works amazingly well, as opposed to phenibut alone. I believe the GABA takes care of the body WD's, and phenibut takes care of brain WD's since it does cross the BB barrier while GABA doesnt.

Now of course phenibut will cause some withdrawals also, bu you can take GABA to counter the phenibut WD's

Could anyone tell me why Phenibut would help in Kratom withdrawals, is it like kratom, I know it's different because of the GABA B stuff but why does it help "Tremendously" in kratom withdrawal
Has anyone got experience with this?

I have a bit of experience from opiate withdrawals. My drug of choice was IV dilaudid, which I managed to do a few times per month at most, but had a few binges over several years. As for kratom, I've been taking it regularly for at least 2 years, with a year to a year and a half of daily use. I'm currently in withdrawals. I've read this whole thread and feel that I have something to contribute.

Most of this thread has talked about the physical symptoms of withdrawal, which is what we are trying to alleviate. Addition, however, is physical and psychological. Most of us here have mental issues, emotional issues, psychological issues and, what I personally try to tend to, are the spiritual issues. All of those tie into the body and the physical symptoms.

Addicts have a ritual in most cases. A heroin addict dreams of when he's going to get high next. He things about everything being perfect and has a ritual that he's practiced over and over again. But suppose he goes to grandma's house for Christmas and injects heroin in her basement instead of his bedroom back home under the black light and bob marley poster. Even though he injected the exact same dose as yesterday, he dies from OD. Why? Because his body wasn't expecting the drug. His body wasn't primed.

Addiction is a battle, and the first rule of warfare is to know thy enemy. Fortunately, the enemy is yourself. I don't know how bad these WD's will get, but I know if frightens me. It should. I've taken this stuff religiously for years. Now I'm not, cold turkey, and I have absolutely no chance of getting any more for a full month because I'm in a different country. This was my plan.

If you want to get clean, a good place to start is to change everything. This means people, places, and things. I left the US to Brazil for a 35 day trip, and set myself up to run out of kratom about a week after my arrival. I want more kratom, but too bad Jack. I've always found WD's to be worse if I had some available for "tapering." If there just isn't any, my body seems to know that it won't be getting any. If it is there, my body will torture me until I go to it for relief.

Understand also what the drugs do. They affect testosterone (long term opiate addicts have very low T), serotonin, endorphins, and all kinds of stuff. What are the best ways to increase those things? Well, exercise is one of the best ways to FORCE your body to adapt. The human body was made for physical work. It was designed for the for "f's" (fleeing, fighting, feeding, and having sex). In my experience from my many withdrawals, doing a combination of these things as often as possible in a place far far away from where you're used to doing drugs can (at least it has for me) completely eliminate withdrawal symptoms. Doing everything in your life exactly the same way minus the drugs will lead down a hard road. Seriously, become a different person.

Have you ever heard of a "dry drunk" or "emotionally drunk?" Believe it or not, withdrawal symptoms and crop up on recovering addicts even if they haven't had any of that drug for months or years. The mind is a very powerful thing. Use it. I've been relying on a power greater than myself, a God as I understand him. If I die and learn for certain that he isn't real, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Right now my time is here, and I need to be a decent human being for my wife and my kids, and that means not being dependent on kratom or dilaudid or alcohol. After all, how can I expect them to depend on me if I'm a slave to a bottle of a bag of ground up leaves?

I've also brought exactly 5 xanax with me and I also have some sleeping cocktails that include GABA, 5-HTP, passion flower, ZMA, free form L-Tryptophan, valerian root, chamomile, and melatonin (all in two OTC bottles). I'm quite sure that this will help me get through the physical side of things, but before any of that I had to prepare myself mentally and emotionally, to put myself in the environment that has the highest chance of success.

I forgot to mention one different perspective about which I read. I wish I had a link, but I read a research paper written by a couple of doctors who treated kratom addicts of several years (some had been taking kratom for decades). They described all of the withdrawals as "short and benign." A couple of the patients needed some intervention with prescription drugs, but for a short time. Certainly they might describe the withdrawals differently, but the best information from the medical community (which really isn't much) is that withdrawal from kratom isn't that big of a deal in general. Now, I have no idea about extracts and all the other strains out there, but whatever the case, getting off is possible, getting your life back is possible, keeping your life is possible. God speed to everybody fighting for recovery!

avoid kratom:

I first tried kratom after a series of exposures to real opiates due to orthopaedic problems. I then saw the msnbc.com article about kratom and latched ahold of it as a safe and mild alternative. I quickly moved to taking a heavy grade every day, several times a day. I just assumed, based on Wikipedia and other sources, that it was not actually, or at least very, addictive. After almost a year of use, I unexpectedly ran out and my re-supply took longer than expected to arrive. I assumed that I would have a day or two of issues and then be past it. I was three weeks away from a significant and highly stressful professional commitment, and believed that I would be well past any withdrawal by then. The entire withdrawal process (and I am just coming to terms with the fact that I was addicted) was much worse than I expected. Frankly, I would have preferred more physical symptoms rather than what I got: severe anxiety, depression, and frequently panic, especially in the morning. As someone once said, dark have been my dreams of late. I was at the bottom of a pit. I tried various coping mechanisms: xanax, hot showers, wine, exercise. Some help, but just getting by. It was close to three weeks before I was past it. I enjoy buzzes of various sorts, and always have, but this is not what the evangelists say: this is an addictive drug; avoid it if you can.

Hey Everyone, have decided to finally just do it and quit the Kratom, I'v quit it a few times before with bad withdrawals but was easy enough to do. This time it feels alot harder. For the last week I'm on the leaf so I'm hoping that helps. I have a supply of xanax and loperamide, does anyone know if that combo could help me, my habit is near a year now. Im doing a big walk across France and Spain with my girlfriend so I have to be off it by the time we go. She hates me on it and gives me serious shit about it and I reckon she would finish with me if she knew I was still on it.
I have never really been on anything else other than kratom and alcohol but found kratom to be a source of serious pleasure that snuck up on me and is now affecting my life way more than I like. While it may be mild in comparison to opiates I guess you have to pay the piper sometime in someway.
I'd be happy for any advice or ideas from anyone, I'm glad I can bitch about this here, have felt alone with this for ages, even went to doctors and councellors with no help, I would of got more help if I was addicted to poppy pod tea.