• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

chasing the dragon with powder heroin

tanman636

Bluelighter
i got this yellowish h. and i snorted it but it did not really do much to me. it has this strong vinegar like smell.

so now im deciding to chase the dragon.

do i have to put water into the powder while its on the foil? if so then how much? and any other tips and advice will be really helpful.

I never put water on the dope when I used to smoke it.

I used to cut a 2 liter bottle in half and use that for my inhaler to get all the smoke.

Smoking #4 heroin is a waste. Is this east coast powder? If its not doing much for you snorting its gonna do even less smoking.

If I had powder I wouldn't smoke it, especially if I didn't have the proper technique down. Anyway, don't add water. Just put a small bit on a piece of foil, using what you have in handy as a tube to inhale (a broken apart bic pen works well, a straw works but will melt if you get it too close, some people use huge bottles but thats unnecessary if you can aim well, etc). Light the foil holding the with the flame resting about 1/2 an inch below the foil. Hold the foil at an angle so the heroin slides (chase it) and smoke it. You want it to be moving, don't let it smoke in a puddle, and you don't want the lighter to touch the foil. If you get "shit stains" (soot marks), you know you're too close. Then you're going to nod and rub your face and get black shit all over it. So yeah, hold the tube in your mouth and aim it a little above/in front of where the heroin is (since its at an angle), and follow it along, making sure not to let any smoke avoid being sucked up.
Now, that all works if you have the kind of heroin that is smokable. If not, then none of that matters, and it will go to waste. I'm not on that side of the country so someone else will have to help you with that part, if what you have is smokable.

i dont think mine is smokeable. ill try again in a little bit.

how long do you have to keep the flame under the powder until it turns to liquid?

it should become liquidy in a few seconds. yours probably isn't the right type. snort it, it will most likely be more efficient that way

shifting over to BDD. please use the search function next time, there's plenty of threads with methods of smoking heroin on BL.

There are a lot of aspects to vaporizing Heroin/opioids/other drugs that people don't realize. Yes, any street Heroin can be vaporized. However, due to the unknown cuts, whether your technique is any good or horribly bad, etc you can horribly ruin your dope, have no effect from it, etc.

Read this, it is very informative on the topic:

An important consideration is that the opinion of heroin smokers may conflict with the laboratory assessment of actual heroin content. In a laboratory measurement heroin content can be reliably established. However, the 'bioavailability' (and thus the perceived effects) for smokers is dependent on a number of other factors, such as heroin form, processing impurities or diluents." Heroin is either marketed in the salt (usually the hydrochloride) form or as the base. The salt dissolves easily in water and can thus be injected without other additions, while the base does not. But when pure heroin hydrochloride is heated on aluminum foil the major part does not volatilize, but degrades, mostly by charring. When smoked, only a small part of this heroin is actually absorbed by the body. There are indications that only 15-20% of the heroin hydrochloride becomes available when careful smoking is performed. Rough heating (poor chasing technique) may result in even more charring. 17 (table 3.4)

It is, however, not impossible to smoke the salt form. The percentage of heroin hydrochloride that volatilizes, and is thus ingested, is strongly dependent on the admixed compounds. A large increase in volatilization is observed when caffeine is added. Caffeine was traditionally mixed in on a ± 1 + 1 basis in the South East Asian no.3 heroin. (table 3.4) The recipe, which is known from the beginning of this century, was designed for smoking.` 18 19 20 Until 1980 most illicit heroin in the Netherlands came from SEA and usually in the hydrochloride form. (table 3.3) For smoking purposes this hydrochloride form was not optimal, but the choice for caffeine as an admixture was a logical one. 90% of samples encountered on the Dutch heroin market before 1980 were of this composition.

From 1980 on SWA heroin dominated the Dutch illicit market. This product has seldom been found as the hydrochloride salt; the base form prevailed.16 For that reason, IDUs add an acidifier to make an injectable solution. In contrast with the salt, heroin base is quite effective on smoking. it volatilizes much better -under laboratory conditions ±60% of the heroin base is recovered, which is about three to four times as much as for the salt form. 16 However, illegally processed South West Asian heroin base also contains many diluents and processing impurities. (table 3.5) These compounds influence the volatilization of heroin to a great extent. The most important admixture in the beginning of the 1980s, procaine hydrochloride, causes a strong degradation, reducing bio-availability to about 12%. A 1 + 1 mixture of heroin base with ascorbic acid results in a nearly complete degradation of heroin in the smoking process. Ascorbic acid is infrequently found in heroin samples seized abroad, but with a few exceptions not in the Netherlands. Likewise, the high noscapine levels in the product since 1985 may have also reduced heroin's bioavailability for smokers. 16 The diluent paracetamol, important in 1989, 1990 and 1991 has a strong negative influence on the bio-availability when heroin is smoked. in the smoking process heroin reacts with the paracetamol, forming a less active compound. A partly compensation is obtained by the caffeine which is often found in combination with paracetamol. 15 22 At the other hand, caffeine and other admixed compounds, such as barbital and methaqualone facilitate volatilization, whereas some diluents have little effect and seem just added to enlarge the volume. The compounds most frequently encountered in seized heroin generally enhance volatilization. (table 3.5)

Finally, the temperature and heating technique are of considerable influence. Experience with the chasing technique is important, as adding too much heat results in charring and degradation into weaker or inactive compounds." These effects indicate a complex relation between the heroin content and the effects as experienced by the smoker, whereas IDUs' experiences may show a more or less linear relation regarding the strength of the heroin." However, their experience of the drug effects may also be influenced by the admixed compounds, e.g. procaine is rumored to increase the rush or impact effect.

http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/grund/chasdra3.htm

smoking it?!

whats the point, just snort it.

and yellow? i dont do heroin but i live 3 minutes from paterson...

smoking it?!

whats the point, just snort it.

and yellow? i dont do heroin but i live 3 minutes from paterson...

^ A more instant high and something that resembles a rush.
As for what you use to inhale the vapors, if you use something with a large volume (like a 2 liter bottle) it makes it more difficult to obtain enough suction. Using something thinner is much better.
I normally use a rolled up piece of "Art book" paper with a little bit of sellotape to hold it together. This works much better than something that's larger in diameter plus you can scape off the resins that accumulate inside it when you've run out.

I have a form which is supposedly smokable (wouldn't "chase" after it, but it's a present so I couldn't say no and hurt my boy's feelings ;) - besides he fucked me over by making me drive for shit that fell through, the prick).

So I'm getting shit stains, should I change my underwe... I mean foil? When do you know it's done? When all of it's gone and you have zero to no residue? How do you fold the foil? Shiny side out or should it only be a single layer with which part to the flame?

This isn't easy, I've got quite a lot - railing it would probably be more effective right? The only needles I got are IM and I'm not gonna do that, I don't really know how to IV. I've done a bag already via the foil method and I have mild itches and am relaxed, that's about it. Did I fuck it up or since I feel anything at all, is this the right stuff to try smoke? Probably 80% of the smoke got away and I only got a chasing effect on one cluster of adhered stuff. The rest melted and tasted like burnt cake... nom nom.

You'll get "shit stains" regardless really unless you've got absolutely pure stuff, even then you'll get small plops =D
Change your foil whenever you want really, but be good and use it till it has holes in ;)
When there's no oily residue on the foil is when it's spent.
Place the dope on the shiny side. So, "shiny side up." And yes, a single layer only is better.
You're prolly better off snorting it if you find you're wasting a lot of it and letting the smoke escape.
If it tastes like burnt cake, it prolly has a lot of sugar in it I'd guess.

Sweet, thanks!

It doesn't taste like sugar but I'm going to rail some and see if I get a better effect. By rush people mean a rapid change in perception, for lack of a better word? Like "everything felt weird for a few seconds and it was pleasurable", right? Does it hit you hard straight after a big hit or hit you at random after doing a few hits (meth, weed)?

Imagine smoking a bong of nice Weed the first time you smoked it.
And look up rush in the dictionary =D (Sort of kidding but not at the same time).
It's the rapid onset of the drug in question's effects, yea.