• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

the spurs are finished. no, wait,......they can beat the mavericks 3 in a row.

Can the San Antonio Spurs beat the Dallas Mavericks three games in a row?

Y[ ] N[ ]

good question.

as a huge LBJ and Cleveland Cavs fan, as soon as I heard the initial Knicks trade rumors I thought LeBron was going to be gone.

however, if you look at the Cavs these days, they are above and beyond the most fun team in the NBA to watch. the Cavs can make taking a timeout look interesting and fun to watch. the reason for this, is that the team has developed a great chemistry.

you can tell that they enjoy one another's company and they play hard and then play around and have a good time. I think that the Cavs will win it all this year, which will of course be a huge factor in LBJ's career decision (it has been noted that above all else he wants to win Championships, something he wants to do even more than making his name a "global brand").

team chemistry counts. I don't want to be as naive as to say that LBJ will stay with the Cavs only because of chemistry and team friendship, but I am sure these are variables that will affect the outcome of his choice.

the Cavaliers organization have built a great team from the ground up, starting with LBJ as the base. when Cleveland got swept by San Antonio in the Finals a couple years ago, it was because the offensive burden was entirely on LBJ's shoulders. a couple guys could shoot, but he was the only player that could get consistent penetration.

NBA Coach of the Year Mike Brown has put Mo Williams and Delonte West simultaneously in the starting 5, which is a decision I love, because now those two get constant penetration.

the entire roster of the Cavs are so brilliantly unselfish, and this starts with LeBron James. even if the three don't score when getting some penetration to the basket - they can be sure to kick it out to someone who can.

that was a very long post to a very short question. to sum my thoughts up, I think LBJ will stay. I was so convinced that he was going to jump ship, but gradually I have changed my mind to the other extreme.

what do my other hoop homies have to say about the most electrifying player in the NBA and his career, in a couple years?

I think it's 60/40 he leaves, which is a great increase compared to say two years, when I'd say it was 99%. He has said he wants to be sports first billionaire, and being in NYC nearly all the time would certainly help him reach that goal. He also has to look at the Cavs current roster and decide whether he thinks they can keep it together for the long haul; He can't want to go the D-Wade route and win one then two years later be the lone star player surrounded by mediocre talent.

IMO:

Pros to staying:

He grew up nearby
Beloved in Cleveland
Championship contender for at least 2 years beyond 09
Loves his teammates

Cons:

Small market
Cavs have some older players(Wallace,Big Z)
Wally will walk, Varejo may leave as well
Uncertain future

Pros to leaving:(for NYC)

Biggest market in the U.S.
Gets to play at The Garden
Would be biggest story in basketball in the last 20+ years
Would make so much endorsement money it's not even funny
(Rumored) $50 million dollar bonus from Nike
(Rumored) Agreement with Wade and/or Bosh to play together
Knicks would do whatever he wants
Knicks have three good young players(Lee,Chandler,Robinson)
Donnie Walsh is a very respected team builder
Could draw a veteran free agent for cheap

Cons:

Would be see as the ultimate villain in Cleveland
If Walsh can't shed salary, could be stuck in rebuilding mode
No guarantees the Knicks will be any good
Still will play in the inferior conference(same with the Cavs, but you know what I mean)

The 2010 list of free agents is nuts:

Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu
Camby
T-Mac
Shaq
Rip Hamilton
Nash
Boozer
Okur
Turkoglu

These players can opt in 2010 too:
Yao
Amare Stoudemire
D-Wade
Bosh
Nowitzki
Josh Howard
Tyson Chandler

8o8o8o8o8o8o8o

i think Lebron still wants one ring before he goes to the knicks and voids any more chances.

from what I can gather on the city of Cleveland, they won't be that resentful of LBJ if - before he leaves, he wins the city a Championship.

Wow! Rondo playing lights out again last night. Other than ripping a tooth from millers face he played great basketball. I thought we were fucked when Ray Allen fouled out with 55 seconds left in regulation but pierce decided to show up.

Chicago is a much stronger team than I thought. Everytime Ben fucking Gordon shoots in the 4th I cringe. They could definitely use some defense though.

Almost forgot. Stephon Marbury needs to pull the fucking trigger! Dude is so afraid to shoot I don't even know why they guard him. I gotta say he played great D and I'm sure that's why Doc had em in but, come on "Starbury"! Take the open shots man!

besides the beautiful point guard play of Derrick Rose and the sometimes off but sometimes on shooting of Ben Gordon, make no mistake that the Chicago Bulls are a mediocre team.

I just think that nobody realized how mediocre the Boston Celtics, when without KG, are. KG truly injects a rabid defensive/offensive basketball playing style.

besides the beautiful point guard play of Derrick Rose and the sometimes off but sometimes on shooting of Ben Gordon, make no mistake that the Chicago Bulls are a mediocre team.

I just think that nobody realized how mediocre the Boston Celtics, when without KG, are. KG truly injects a rabid defensive/offensive basketball playing style.

Derrick Rose? Did you watch that game? Fuck his "beautiful" playing. If I'm not mistaken rondo has had a triple double every game of the series. KG has been far from great this year anyways and I think they did pretty good considering they lost what 2 home games? I really don't see the outcome changed by much because KG is out. Ya they are down a big guy but game 3 was a complete beating. I don't think they are winning another championship this time but this is playoff basketball we are talking about here, everyone plays balls out. Its the big three after all not the big one and when you're best performer is a role playing guard I'd say that was pretty good.

On another note the Lebrauns *cough* I mean the Cavs are sick. I'm happy that the Celtics aren't playing them next. Orlando is no walk in the park either but, who wants to play him?

On another note the Lebrauns *cough* I mean the Cavs are sick.

I'm happy that the Celtics aren't playing them next. Orlando is no walk in the park either but, who wants to play him?

Kobe Fucking Bryant is already secreting pre-cum, that's how excited he is to potentially win the title against LeBron.

Remember that ONE regular season game that LeBron played and lost at home ALL SEASON?

Remember who hit a fall-away jumper that almost hit the ceiling to clinch the win over Cleveland, despite playing the entire game with the flu?

I agree that LeBron's scary, but Kobe Bryant would, hypothetically, play an in-his-prime MJ and bet his life on it.

And being the gambling addict he is, MJ would probably be up for the wager as well.

I don't even know who would win THAT dream match-up, but with that said, Kobe Bryant CERTAINLY isn't scared of ANYONE.

Without its two best players, EVERY TEAM is a mediocre (AT BEST) team.

^^ good point and that game was fucking awesome tonight. Who knew Ray allan was gonna put up 51 or Brad miller hitting a 3 pointer?!@#>34

Celtics v bulls, wow. I don't care who you are or what you think of either team, what a great series.
Did you know that Ben Gordon beat Scottie Pippen's 3 pt record for the bulls? I didn't until last night.

Celtics v bulls, wow. I don't care who you are or what you think of either team, what a great series.

This series is nothing short of fantastic. Each and every game (I've watched 2-6) has been great, and games 5 and 6 are two of the best I've ever watched. I'm torn between watching tonights fight, and this game.

that little phillipino guy is gonna knock the other dude out.

And I am sure there will be a huge brawl at some point between Celtics and Bulls

Nice on the Celtics. Now let's see the Heat put the Hawks down...

well even though the Rockets beat the Lakers, I am not worried.

Rockets where on fire, lakers where rusty from not playing and Kobe was really off.

Next game should be turned around fo sho!

Lakers lost :(

what a sad game..... but like pullstring said, i am not worried.

i feel guilty for saying this, but i actually for a second hoped YAO's knee was done. lol but i applaud his athleticism and his determination.

Nice on the Celtics. Now let's see the Heat put the Hawks down...

lol

I'm not laughing about the cavs though. I just want my team to play with their chins held high, and hopefully grind out a win or two (or four...whatever)