• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

22.8 PTS (LEAGUE LEADER AMONG POINT GUARDS)
11.0 AST (LEAGUE LEADER AMONG *EVERYONE*)
4.7 REB
2.8 STL (LEAGUE LEADER AMONG *EVERYONE*)

.503 FG pct (as a BARELY 6 foot point guard!)
.364 3 pt pct
.868 FT pct

PLUS AMAZING LEADERSHIP SKILLS

PLUS THE RESPECT OF HIS TEAMMATES & COACH.

C'mon - tell me why exactly he's incomparable to Young Magic or Young Isiah (who were both AMAZING).

And Deron Williams and Derrick Rose and Devin Harris and Steve Nash?

You're embarrassing yourself.

Dude, you embarrass yourself with your arrogant, ignorant views every time I see you post on these boards.

I don't give a shit what CP3's stats are; he doesn't hold a candle to Zeke or Magic. Find me at the end of his career and then we can talk. As of now, it's way too premature. Do you see me saying he CAN'T exceed their dominance? NO. I'm just saying, at the given moment, it's a completely asinine comment to be making.

If you have been watching the game for as long as you have said you have, you clearly don't have a very good understanding of it. Or, is it that you're a NYer and you're jaded by a Piston and Laker having infinite amounts of success? Which is it?

It looks like you have an obvious bias. Well, for your sake, I hope you do. Your knowledge is sub par.

Dude, you embarrass yourself with your arrogant, ignorant views every time I see you post on these boards.

Examples, please.

I don't give a shit what CP3's stats are; he doesn't hold a candle to Zeke or Magic.

Why don't you care what his stats are?

How else, other than watching them and acknowledging that even with bigger, faster, quicker, stronger players guarding Paul than those who guarded young Isiah (whom I *LOVED* by the way), Paul STILL put up superior numbers *AND* lifted his putrid team even more than Isiah did his.

I'm not saying that if Paul, hypothetically, gets hit by a bus tomorrow, that his career is more impressive than Isiah's - that would be ridiculous.

I *AM* saying that through four NBA seasons, it is AT LEAST ARGUABLE that Paul is every bit as great as Magic and Isiah were THROUGH THEIR RESPECTIVE FIRST FOUR SEASONS - that's all.

And that comparing Deron Williams/Devin Harris/Steve Nash to Paul is utterly per se RIDICULOUS!

Find me at the end of his career and then we can talk.

As of now, it's way too premature.

Do you see me saying he CAN'T exceed their dominance?

NO.

I'm just saying, at the given moment, it's a completely asinine comment to be making.

See above.

If you have been watching the game for as long as you have said you have, you clearly don't have a very good understanding of it.

I would *LOVE* to hear what this ridiculous statement is based upon.

Please elaborate.

Or, is it that you're a NYer and you're jaded by a Piston and Laker having infinite amounts of success?

Which is it?

It looks like you have an obvious bias.

Well, for your sake, I hope you do.

I like and respect Magic - ALWAYS rooted for him and the Lake Show against Boston - it isn't as if the 1980's Lakers dynasty was actually the Knicks' "rival."

Your knowledge is sub par.

You pick the venue.

You pick the stakes.

You pick the Moderator.

I'll go mano-a-mano with you with respect to NBA knowledge anytime, anyplace, anywhere!

tonight the spurs play the mavs in game three in dallas. this should be a good one. if the spurs lose this game, it will be hard for them to come back to win the series.

you guys (mostly elle elle) really think that lebron gives his all 100% of the time? hard to quantify i know, but i still dont get the impression that he has the competitive drive of kobe or jordan.

Cavs are my squad and of course I want them to go all the way...Lebron James and Mo Williams? Forget about it!

Although Miami is doing their thing right now too, I got decent ambitions for them.

you guys (mostly elle elle) really think that lebron gives his all 100% of the time? hard to quantify i know, but i still dont get the impression that he has the competitive drive of kobe or jordan.

I largely agree with you, but I was:

(1) Acknowledging that LeBron has made HUGE leaps in the Eye Of The Tiger Department;

(2) Trying to be nice.

OF COURSE Kobe's still the best!

We'll revisit this thread in June, no doubt! :)

Cavs are my squad and of course I want them to go all the way...Lebron James and Mo Williams? Forget about it!

it seems like a lot of hoop heads have jumped on the Cleveland Cavs bandwagon. I don't care, it doesn't make me bitter. as someone who has followed the Cavs since a youngster, and someone who is usually prone to pretension and being jaded - I knew once Cleveland acquired someone with the hype (and the skill to back it up) like LBJ this was going to happen. I hate those type of Cleve-O fans who are like "I despise anybody who is an LBJ fan and not a Cavs fan."

it is not the worst thing to deal with if you are a Cleveland sports fan. in fact, as a Cleveland sports fan you should be simply happy and grateful that you are getting some media attention on a national scale, and you have a player who has the ability to bring in a Championship, something that Cleveland fans can hardly even imagine.

Although Miami is doing their thing right now too, I got decent ambitions for them.

meh, as much as I like Dwayne Wade, I don't think that they can get past the Atlanta Hawks this round. the Hawks are a young team that are experiencing a resurgence, and on top of it all I think that the Miami coach is young, inexperienced, and prone to making mistakes.

today was an interesting day. the Celtics made the Bulls look young and the Mavs ripped the Spurs in half (unusual, because San Antonio is so clutch this time of the year).

god damn I love pro basketball. I am very happy to see this thread getting some love.

tonight, the NBA just got a little more interesting.

Kobe missed a lot of shots and looked very... well, human. the Lakers lost at Utah, and I know the Jazz have one of the best home advantages in the NBA (maybe just below the Cavs), but now I am kinda wondering if the Lakers are so easily the best of the best in the NBA.

I know LA is without Bynum, but now the West looks as if you are playing your best basketball, then you could possibly get by the Lake Show. the Denver Nuggets, I am looking in your direction. any pedestrian NBA fan would have picked LA to win it all - but after Kobe's rather dismal performance I think that if a West team has the momentum then they can win the series.

thoughts?

^the lakers do have bynum, he just fouled out on some calls that always go the jazz's way when playing in utah (yes im a bitter laker fan...congrats jazz fans, good game).

anyways, after horrible shooting nights like that one, kobe ALWAYS comes back with a monster game. or at least an efficient one. everybody has a bad game every once and a while. wade had a horrible game1 vs atlanta but came back strong in game2. its what players like kobe or wade or lebron do. rarely have i ever seen kobe have two horrible shooting games in a row during the regular season, let alone the playoffs. aslo, gasol had a bad game too, which is pretty rare as well. hes been the most consistent laker throughout the season IMO.

either way, as long as the lakers keep playing well at home it wont really matter until the finals.

My home boy Brewer shut down Kobe the other night but damn tonight he got hussled...

God dammit!

I swore to myself I'd stop sucking Kobe's metaphorical cock so much this year, but I just can't - he's THAT great.

good question.

as a huge LBJ and Cleveland Cavs fan, as soon as I heard the initial Knicks trade rumors I thought LeBron was going to be gone.

however, if you look at the Cavs these days, they are above and beyond the most fun team in the NBA to watch. the Cavs can make taking a timeout look interesting and fun to watch. the reason for this, is that the team has developed a great chemistry.

you can tell that they enjoy one another's company and they play hard and then play around and have a good time. I think that the Cavs will win it all this year, which will of course be a huge factor in LBJ's career decision (it has been noted that above all else he wants to win Championships, something he wants to do even more than making his name a "global brand").

team chemistry counts. I don't want to be as naive as to say that LBJ will stay with the Cavs only because of chemistry and team friendship, but I am sure these are variables that will affect the outcome of his choice.

the Cavaliers organization have built a great team from the ground up, starting with LBJ as the base. when Cleveland got swept by San Antonio in the Finals a couple years ago, it was because the offensive burden was entirely on LBJ's shoulders. a couple guys could shoot, but he was the only player that could get consistent penetration.

NBA Coach of the Year Mike Brown has put Mo Williams and Delonte West simultaneously in the starting 5, which is a decision I love, because now those two get constant penetration.

the entire roster of the Cavs are so brilliantly unselfish, and this starts with LeBron James. even if the three don't score when getting some penetration to the basket - they can be sure to kick it out to someone who can.

that was a very long post to a very short question. to sum my thoughts up, I think LBJ will stay. I was so convinced that he was going to jump ship, but gradually I have changed my mind to the other extreme.

what do my other hoop homies have to say about the most electrifying player in the NBA and his career, in a couple years?

what do my other hoop homies have to say about the most electrifying player in the NBA and his career, in a couple years?

most electrifying player...hmm...i'd say in a couple years we'll be looking back and saying, "man, kobe was awesome!";)

but seriously, lebrons only getting better. his jumpshot has definitely improved, even though he can still be a bit streaky. hes gonna be scary good in a couple years and as long as the cavs are legit contenders, i have a feeling he'll stay in cleveland...for now kobes still the best player tho, even if lebrons this years mvp:p

kinda off topic, but still hilarious...if you go to espn.com right now (not sure how long this is gonna work), and enter the old konami code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, ENTER) ponies and rainbows pop up on the screen every time you press enter.

edit: code doesnt work anymore :(...but if you're really interested you can go to the google cached page and it still works - http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:ssdn4F46EEYJ:espn.go.com/+espn.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Last edited:
its forgone conclusion that he will be out if they win it all this year.... and pretty likely even if they dont. innit?

I know LA is without Bynum, but now the West looks as if you are playing your best basketball, then you could possibly get by the Lake Show. the Denver Nuggets, I am looking in your direction. any pedestrian NBA fan would have picked LA to win it all - but after Kobe's rather dismal performance I think that if a West team has the momentum then they can win the series.

Well at least in the final game of that series, Lakers looked really good. Odom made some nice slams with force to!