• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to Purify adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if i do this do i keep the shit in the filters or the water i sqqueez out??

I've gotten an extremely pure, sterile amphetamine solution out of adderall a bunch of times. I would just crush up pills, mix with saline or dh2o, then use a 0.22 micron filter to purify it and get basically a guaranteed 98%+ yield. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes. After you filter the solution, evaporate the h2o and scrape up beautiful, pure, white amphetamine crystals. I rarely evapped the h2o and sniffed the shit though, it was pointless. I'd usually leave the water and either plug or IV the solution. I'd always always have vials of sterile drug solutions in vials, amphetamine I usually had at 20mg/ml, heroin at 10mg/ml, morphine 20mg/ml, diazepam 5mg/ml, cocaine 50mg/ml, methylphenidate 30mg/ml. I didn't even realize how lucky I was at the time either haha...

Micron filters are totally worth it. I mean I think if you want as pure a yield as possible the effort of acquiring and using them is worth it.

fail fighter what sort of a electronic store are you talking about?

For me, Fry's Electronics. But you can get it anywhere that sells electronic components.

True but alot of people are saying different ways and i just get lost lol, but if somone could tell me the procedure and what exactly to do i would be fine so if anyone tries this with sucess pm me the way to do it

I gave you VERY clear instructions. You simply have poor reading comprehension, thus we've resorted to ridiculing you.

wow i can think of a few other ways. first thing that comes to mind is that since amphetamiens are insoluble in acetone y not use that? its easy as hell to obtain anhydrous acetone. it would clean ALOT of binders and filters out. in a min ill psot another solution

btw, that solubility fact came from this thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=197113

That link contains a lot of bullshit info. Like the crystalization info... it implies that amp. salts are soluble in alcohol? Doesn't make sense.

And to answer your question, both Isopropyl alcohol and acetone are equally easy to find in pure form, just GO TO AN ELECTRONICS SUPPLIER. I guess I can't repeat that enough. They have Acetone and Iso in 99.9% purity.

I don't know what you people consider "easy to get" when it comes to precursor chems, but I consider it "easy" when I can go down the street and buy it at the store. If you're including online sales as "easy," well then you can order almost any chemical in existence online and have it shipped to you.

Ok im just ganna try this with 91% percent iso alchohal and filter with doublw cofee filters and see how it works..

THIS WON'T WORK AT ALL, PERIOD. I ALREADY TOLD YOU THIS.

MAYBE I'll GET THROUGH TO YOU IF I SHOUT AND USE SMALL WORDS.

how can this be true?8)
solubility is made up?8o theoretical?:\

wtf? try dissolving a lb of salt into 1 cup of water. it will demonstrate solubility. saturation points? i think i remember high school chem....

Exactly, you remember HIGH SCHOOL CHEM, i.e. the "book" knowledge I was referring to. In real life, insoluble substances mimic soluble substances by remaining in solution (again, due to van der waals forces).

See for yourself; do an acid/base extraction of your favorite drug. The freebase will technically be insoluble in the precipitation stage, but you'll have a hell of a time getting it to fall out of solution. It certainly doesn't just fall to the bottom of the flask and start forming crystals. You have to seed the precipitation and use a micron filter, or even do a solvent extract + evap just to get the precipitate out of solution.

I've gotten an extremely pure, sterile amphetamine solution out of adderall a bunch of times. I would just crush up pills, mix with saline or dh2o, then use a 0.22 micron filter to purify it and get basically a guaranteed 98%+ yield. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes. After you filter the solution, evaporate the h2o and scrape up beautiful, pure, white amphetamine crystals. I rarely evapped the h2o and sniffed the shit though, it was pointless. I'd usually leave the water and either plug or IV the solution. I'd always always have vials of sterile drug solutions in vials, amphetamine I usually had at 20mg/ml, heroin at 10mg/ml, morphine 20mg/ml, diazepam 5mg/ml, cocaine 50mg/ml, methylphenidate 30mg/ml. I didn't even realize how lucky I was at the time either haha...

Micron filters are totally worth it. I mean I think if you want as pure a yield as possible the effort of acquiring and using them is worth it.

You're implying that the amphetamine in Adderall is the only water-soluble substance within the pill?? That is complete nonsense. 98% purity my ass.

ok now do u see why im confused? Ok lets just put it this way how do u make it smokeable cause thats pretty much all i want i would guess i need to do the alchohal way for this or could i do it either way ? - the water extraction being the other

I have also re-read ur posts fail-fighter they make very good sence now ty.
I will look tonight for 99.9 percent pure iso alchohal and if i get that ill say somethin.

Last edited:
No, you're confused because you're not listening to anyone. People have told you 3 different ways and each time you ask "but can I use tissues instead of millipore filters?" or something like that. And we're not going to hold your hand... if you'd bothered to do 10 minutes of research you would see that amphetamine cannot be smoked.
Please read the rules and the forum guidelines sticky before posting in OD again. Thanks

OD ==> BDD

Last edited:
You're implying that the amphetamine in Adderall is the only water-soluble substance within the pill?? That is complete nonsense. 98% purity my ass.

What? hahaha, do you even know what a micron filter is? How it works? What it does?? It isn't the solvent that determines how well the solution is filtered, the SIZE of the filter's pores determine what is filtered and what isn't.

A 0.22 micron filter will EASILY filter out ANY and ALL binders and fillers in a pill. The reason coffee filters WON'T is because they have a pore size range of 5-25 microns. Please try to know what you're talking about before making assumptions about implications nobody ever even made.

The process that i got from my research into this topic was:
1. Crush pills
2. dissolve in anhydrous acetone
3. filter. Keep what stays in the filter.
4. Let dry
5. Dissolve in water
6. Filter. Discard what is in the filter
7. Evaporate water

I haven't done this, but i have asked quite a few people who have, and it should work.
Random question: how hard is it to get these micron filters?

The process that i got from my research into this topic was:
1. Crush pills
2. dissolve in anhydrous acetone
3. filter. Keep what stays in the filter.
4. Let dry
5. Dissolve in water
6. Filter. Discard what is in the filter
7. Evaporate water

I haven't done this, but i have asked quite a few people who have, and it should work.
Random question: how hard is it to get these micron filters?

I'm not sure if the "no sourcing" rule applies to micron filters and syringes -- ISTR seeing different mods interpret that one differently. (Some call it sourcing, others allow it in the name of harm reduction). So I won't give you the URL but I will say that if you look for syringes online at least one of the major outlets also sells micron filters.

What? hahaha, do you even know what a micron filter is? How it works? What it does?? It isn't the solvent that determines how well the solution is filtered, the SIZE of the filter's pores determine what is filtered and what isn't.

A 0.22 micron filter will EASILY filter out ANY and ALL binders and fillers in a pill. The reason coffee filters WON'T is because they have a pore size range of 5-25 microns. Please try to know what you're talking about before making assumptions about implications nobody ever even made.

LMAO! You're telling ME something? Lol! You implied that dissolving Adderall in water and filtering would result in pure amphetamine salts. This implies that the amphetamine salts are the only water soluble material inside the pill, as the filter (millipore or not) will only remove matter that is in suspension, not solution. No amount of filtering, micron or not, will separate the solute out of a genuine solution.

So no, a 0.22 micron filter will DEFINITELY NOT filter out "any and all binders and fillers in a pill." That is 100%, pure and complete bullshit. Please try to brush up on your basic grade-school chem, as well as your reading comprehension skills, before making assumptions or idiotic statements, or even replying to me in general. Please do not pass GO, and do not collect $200.

i am going to recommend searching (in the advanced search options) for all threads started by hexcollie. he hasnt started many, so it wont be hard to find the one your looking for.

LMAO! You're telling ME something? Lol! You implied that dissolving Adderall in water and filtering would result in pure amphetamine salts. This implies that the amphetamine salts are the only water soluble material inside the pill, as the filter (millipore or not) will only remove matter that is in suspension, not solution. No amount of filtering, micron or not, will separate the solute out of a genuine solution.

So no, a 0.22 micron filter will DEFINITELY NOT filter out "any and all binders and fillers in a pill." That is 100%, pure and complete bullshit. Please try to brush up on your basic grade-school chem, as well as your reading comprehension skills, before making assumptions or idiotic statements, or even replying to me in general. Please do not pass GO, and do not collect $200.

Ok, instead of being a condescending jackass about this, I'm just gonna tell you again, you're wrong. A 0.22 micron filter has small enough pores to filter out viruses and bacteria, it is used to STERILIZE solutions. It doesn't matter if a molecule is suspended or dissolved in the h2o, if it isn't small enough to fit through the filter's pores, IT WILL NOT BE FILTERED (check any grade-school chem book, really). Amphetamine is smaller than 0.22 microns, while most pill binders and fillers are polymers which are just too big, no matter if they're dissolved or not, to get through the filter. This is not that difficult to understand, and it's ok, you can admit you were wrong; it'll be our little secret ;).

Seriously though, quit bein' an ass, quit with the assumptions and insults, ok? After you maintain and operate a behavioral pharmacology lab and work with drug solutions, filters and sterility on a daily basis THEN feel free to bring on all the defensive and snide little comments you can think of. I have professional, academic, practical and personal experience with what I am talking about and it tickles me that you're referring ME to "grade school chem." ESPECIALLY when your argument is essentially a monopoly joke, cause if that's the game we're playin', you're in jail buddy.

I got you pegged though, you HAVE to get the last and loudest word in and that's fine with me. I've given the OP a great way to purify his/her pills and explained why and how it works. Seriously though, know what you're talking about before being an assshole cause I almost burst out laughing when I read this:

as the filter (millipore or not) will only remove matter that is in suspension, not solution. No amount of filtering, micron or not, will separate the solute out of a genuine solution.

ever heard of REVERSE OSMOSIS mr. "basic grad-school chem?" And please, just accept the fact that you're wrong and drop it. Just like I said, I got you pegged and I know your knee-jerk reaction will be to make up some other BS that I'm wrong about. Get over yourself and quit pretending to know what you're talking about.

You lost your credibility when you stated that 0.22uM removes viruses. This pore size is chosen to remove the smallest bacteria, so obviously the smallest virus is many scales smaller. I believe that's "high school biology" knowledge...

Oh wait, this is the internet. Have I mentioned my wall of Ph.D. plaques and Nobel Prize winning work in the field of pharmacology and microbiology? I've actually been a practicing microbiologist for near 4 decades now.

So yes, I was blatantly wrong about removing solutes... a subject which is STILL not relevant. Let's check the ingredient list for Adderall:

1. Lactitol: aka sugar. Will not be removed from solution.
2. Cellulose: not water soluble. Can be filtered from suspension.
3. Silicon Dioxide: again, not soluble.
4. Magnesium Stearate: again, not soluble in water. Can be filtered from suspension.

So the purification process would be to dissolve the pills in water and use a millipore filter to remove the insolubles from solution. Kinda sounds like what I've been saying all along. Of course it leaves the amphetamines in solution, which is what we don't want, which is why I then suggested washing the Adderall powder with Isopropanol. Although if you want to play with syringes and wheel filters and 0.22uM diaphragms for no reason, I say go for it.

I got you pegged though, you HAVE to get the last and loudest word in and that's fine with me. I've given the OP a great way to purify his/her pills and explained why and how it works. Seriously though, know what you're talking about before being an assshole cause I almost burst out laughing when I read this

Sounds like the 'ole Pot and Kettle routine. I would argue that the loudest person is the one using bold+caps, but I guess that's debatable. You've provided a system which leaves the "good stuff" in solution, a method which is 10x more annoying than ending up with the "good stuff" as an air-dryable filtrate.

Wow this thread has become into a flame war 0_o, so whos right?

You lost your credibility when you stated that 0.22uM removes viruses. This pore size is chosen to remove the smallest bacteria, so obviously the smallest virus is many scales smaller. I believe that's "high school biology" knowledge..

Yeah I should've said MOST viruses but my point anyway was that a 0.22 filter will sterilize the pill solution to the point where it can be IV'd SAFELY (while giving a 98%+ yield). I'm not really that worried about whether you think I'm credible or not, you didn't even know a solute could be filtered from its solution... either way, the argument to begin with was you saying:

as the filter (millipore or not) will only remove matter that is in suspension, not solution. No amount of filtering, micron or not, will separate the solute out of a genuine solution

which, as you admitted, is wrong. For some reason, though, you said that wasn't relevant... even though that was your entire argument AGAINST using a micron filter... wtf??

Like I said before, the OP asked how to purify adderall and I gave him/her a great way to go about doing it. You said the method I described would never work, based on a lack of knowledge of basic chemistry, then I pointed out the flaw in your argument and you even admitted it was wrong. So why are you still going on about viruses, which method is better, pots 'n kettles, etc? I never said anything about your method, I just gave a simple alternative and you jumped on me and ended up wrong. Face it, my micron filter method is easy, leaves a GREAT yield and is quick...

You've provided a system which leaves the "good stuff" in solution, a method which is 10x more annoying than ending up with the "good stuff" as an air-dryable filtrate

ps... 10ml dh2o IS air-dryable. and I don't understand how pushing a solution through a filter is so annoying... it takes about 3 seconds. Evapping 10ml dh2o takes about... 5 minutes? Just face it, man, it's a good method which will give a MUCH better yield than a coffee filtered isopropanol-soaked mess. There, I said it, your method sucks compared to mine... HA! ;)

pps... I've done plenty of extractions in my life and, from my experience, micron filtering pills is FAR easier than soakin' em in alcohol, trying to get the mess through a coffee filter, repeating the soak and filter, etc etc etc. So, until you TRY the method I described, just stop. For everyone's sake...

Status
Not open for further replies.