• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

^^^

You really screwed yourself. When you get PW's, you are NOT supposed to just keep taking more bupe. You just made yourself 10x sicker by taking all those strips. Very bad idea. Now you're going to have to wait a couple days and try inducting again, this time properly.

Opi... I currently dealing with the same thing. I took my 8mg sub about 12 hrs after taking my last oxy 30mg (4 at a time) pills.. And about an hour later I felt terrible - so I took more and more so on (5 8mg films). And I'm not 100% .. My body aches, sweats off and on.. But no tummy pains or anything terrible - I'm just aching too bad to get up - I'm weak.. My ? Is : will I be better tomorrow? Or how long will this last? And after pw are over can I just take more sub and be fine? Thanks
Wow...u should read thru these things before dosing urself with such an incredible amount of sub. Please do not take anymore tomorrow as bupe has a long half life. I'm assuming ur on a suboxen program? Please contact ur doctor and explain what happened so u can be properly induced.
For future reference search for the COWS induction chart. This will help u determine whether or not u are experiencing w/d symptoms severe enough to take bupe. And start small. Don't stick a whole strip under ur tongue. Begin with 1or2 mg that way if u do get thrown into PWD it won't be so severe....
Are u feeling better?

^When you'll get better is questionable...could be a day and a half or so,up to 3 days or so... The sub will eventually overtake the oxy, I'd keep going with the sub now, but you took so much, I wouldnt take any for at least 36 hours...and don't take any other opiates or oxy.

^^^

Yeah at this point, no more sub, no more oxy. You need to wait probably a solid 2 days before taking anything. Then when you do, start slow. Start with 2mg's. Shoving 5 strips into your mouth is insane.

I recently tried Subutex when I'd stopped my methadone and had I tapered my habit down to 1 bag of H a day (IV...I don't know if ROA makes a difference) a day.

The doctor had prescribed me to take them as follows...

Day one - 8mg

Take 2mg as late as possible, 2mg an hour later and 4mg before bed.

Day two onwards - 16mg

2 x 8mg supervised dose.

He assured me that if the first 2mg precipitated withdrawal then the second 2mg would stop them.

Like I said I had got my habit down to one .3 bag of heroin IV / day so it's not like I had a massive habit, I left it 24 hours from when I had used my last bag, maybe a little longer, I was in moderate withdrawal feeling really quite rough so I decided to snort the 2mg Sub...Not 20 minutes later I was feeling much, much worse .... The worst hot/cold flashes I've ever had ... Just terrible WD's.

I couldn't bring myself to touch any more of the stuff because of how bad it made me feel! That's what 2mg did to me I couldn't imagine going to the chemist the next day and taking 16mg! It was an excessive dose anyway for a 1bag/day habit they just obviously wanted me on a full blocking dose which isn't really fair to up my habit again in order to do so.

Anyway I managed to score an hour or so later and where as it didn't give me a rush, it brought me out of PW's...I went back to the clinic the following day and got back onto my methadone script, It worked MUCH better for me!

So yeah, I'm sure I couldn't have had much if any opiates in my system when I took the subby but it made me feel like absolute shit. Won't go near the stuff again.

Everyone's different though I suppose. That's just me.

What's up with the sub spit?? What's the point in spitting it out vs swallowing it? I've never really understood this. Spitting it out seems like a waste of Money. Does it have a different effect if u spit that nasty shit out ? I always swallow it with no adverse reactions so I'm just wondering what the difference is? I don't have a huge habit, maybe 45-75 mg of oxy a day so idk if that has anything to do with the sub still working when I swallow the sub cum, or is that not the reason for spitting it out? Just curious cause I'll have to take subs in a day or 2...

What's up with the sub spit?? What's the point in spitting it out vs swallowing it? I've never really understood this. Spitting it out seems like a waste of Money. Does it have a different effect if u spit that nasty shit out ? I always swallow it with no adverse reactions so I'm just wondering what the difference is? I don't have a huge habit, maybe 45-75 mg of oxy a day so idk if that has anything to do with the sub still working when I swallow the sub cum, or is that not the reason for spitting it out? Just curious cause I'll have to take subs in a day or 2...

When you spit the saliva out you actually get higher and your eyes get pinned. When you swallow it the central opiate effects seem to lessen and can even can give a laxative type effect cause the intestines arnt as slowed down.
Its also hard on the stomach I swallowed bupe once and got a stomach ache from hell.
Just swish it around in the mouth till you don't taste any medicine or orange citrus that they add to the pills then spit it out that way no naloxone gets absorbed.

Train my man, thank you for the response brother!! I'm gonna spit it next time then!! All I can buy are the strips, I'm guessing it's the same as the pills as far as spitting it out?

Yep same thing bro just swish it around you'll get all of the medicine in the saliva within 5-10 mins after the strip is gone but leave it in for ten to make sure if you wish. Some people swish for an hour or 2 lol but that's unnecessary lol bad for the teeth too the critic acid.

Been subs now for 3 yes . I have to get two new hips so I shut them down w/o any w/d. Started taking oxycoton for the pain. I go to see my surgeon on wed , so I stopped the oxycodone to go back to my subs . I did not wait long enough. Let me start by saying to anyone out there that doesn't wait. Remember this post. Although the w/d only lasted an hour and a half. It was the worst feeling that I have ever felt in my life . I went through w/d before. Never any fun , but this particular w/d never again will I do that. Please wait till you are in full w/d before going to your subs

Well,ia have been on suboxone daily 1-2mg /daily for 4-5years..afew.days ago i dabbled with acetylfentanyl for two day...i then waited 12hrs to dose a subutex and i felt so much better

Bit im not sure how ling the half life of acetyfent is,im guessing really short.i wonder if i cudve.taken it sooner or not..orbif the withdrawl i was feeling was from me not taking my sub for two days

I read that taking more bupe will get rid of pwd. After i took 16mg more, I saw somewhere that someone said to titrate it, just take small amounts until you feel better. Why does taking more large amounts while in pwd not work? I'm so confused?! I was taking 120 mg msir a day. I waited 36 hours and still went into pwd but not even 1/2 as bad as with methadone. I thought I would be ok but I'm not. This is day 2 and I took 16 mg sub. Was that a bad idea? I feel like shit, can't sleep or eat, back and head hurt badly.

I went thru 16 hours of acute pwd. Finally went to hospital. Worst thing I've ever gone thru, I really wanted to die. Nasty shit, it should not exist.

A msg to anyone who knows! If you take subutex for 3 days, go thru pwd for most of the 3 days, will 100 mgs of methadone help or make it worse? I've gone thru enough hell, this needs to stop. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello my first post but a long time reader. I have been taking 80mg-100mg of methadone steadily for about a month now.

Last night I obtained a Suboxone 8mg subligual and did very little research on it. I took 8mg subligual and went into extreme precipitated withdrawal. It was a nightmare as a lot of you have pointed out in this thread. It lasted most of the night but I was okay the next afternoon.

From what I understand the Buprenorphine floods the brain and kicks out the opiates from the opiate receptors and then fills and blocks these opiate receptors. Bupe only partially activates the opiate receptors unlike the methadone which fully activate it so we go into precipitated withdrawal.

Here are my questions. Once the bupe is completely out after its long 20-70 hour half life what happens next? Have I just completed an ultra rapid withdrawal?

Best way to detox with subutex is waiting at least 18 hours. Then start with 2 mg of bupe. I've always had acute withdrawal and man it sucks! However, after the day of hell u are no longer addicted to anything. I've confirmed this 3x. Went from using 8 30 mg oxies and 10 norcos a day for 6 years did the acute we with sub but the next few days no more subs and I confirmed this I was free from addiction. It was minor discomfort but by day 3 I walked all day at a festival eating too. Recently, I did it again I was shooting 8 30 mg roxy a time for months this time I waited 12 hours and it was hell on the bupe 8 mg total on a Friday all day and night in bed but rest of weekend not bad. And no more dependent. I was doing over 1000 mg a day of oxy so I'm no lightweight and did 3 grams of h in 4 days b4 my last time. I'd say it's like super painful but over quick. That's me and how I do it. My advice is try not taking anything after u start the sub therapy. I think it resets u and u don't need to wind up addicted to it. My experience hope it helps

I'm pretty sure precipitated withdrawal from subutex can be overridden with fentanyl. Subuxone contains naloxone also though I don't know if it's active enough via sublingual/nasal ROA to displace fentanyl from the receptors.

when in the jail i used to take herin maybe oncce a week and only half a bag as it ws hard to come by and realy expensive tho sub was easily availiable and sold in mg's i quite often used to take 3-4mg after taking heroin the day before and it alwasy made me feel great and helped with the coldness. Loads of people took it for this reason in there, I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF PW

a few weeks ago after taking heroin regularly and scoring an oz of heroin which i ended up not having to pay for due to someone getting jailed for a long time, living miles from each other and only knowing each others name and phone number. i didnt even know this guys right name. he was a contact from jail so i only knew his nickname. so having ll this "free" stuff i had gotten myself quite a heavy habit which was unusual for me!! cut a long story short i always have money to buy heroin but my wages never cleared this week and i felt like i was starting to withdraw with no money i managed to take some valium and crash out. i knew little about withdrawals having been able to afford what i needed and never having took all that much before these few months. Anything when i was WD with no meney etc i remembered i had 12 mg of sub...so in my naievity i remebered jail and though oh yes! im a lucky boy this will keep me going to my money goes in. fuck i had cupcakes in the oven i was making, couldnt have been happier as i chopped up my 1.5mg line...proceeded to snort it and within 1 minute i felt the worst feeling i have ever flt in my life my stomach starting bubbling, i was sooo cold it felt like i was incased in ice it felt like as i moved my bones were crumbling with pain i ran to the toilet and started violently retching and being violently sick then i was sweatin so much lying on the floor going cold then more ickness and cold then intense heat and stomach crmps then i had to sit on the toileyt had the runs and had to be sick in the sink. I really considerd phoning the hospital/ambulance and the only thing that stopped me was the fact my mums best friend works there as a bed manager and i was terrified she would see me even if she never theres a good chnce she would have seen my name and chacked what i was in for and my mum etc could find out about all the smack so i lay on my bed and started searching! found ll this info about PW's and receptors etc that made me feel slightly better cause i knew i wasnt dying but the more i read the more terrified i got posts saying it can last 24 hours to days i started crying! i read posts saying more opiods would help (i had 30 orphine sulphate 100mg slow release) and i read posts saying more sub would help and i read posts saying noting would help! Then after about 25 mins i rapidly started to feel better slowly but surely. i was talking to someone on here and he suggested another .5 sub every 20 mins which i did and ended up fine within the hour. But i can honestly say its EASILY the most horifing and worst most painful experience i have ever had. And this is coming from a guy who has had kidney stones 6 times in including blockages which got me IV morphine in the hospital and oxycontin for the pain at home (not at all common to get that prescribed in uk) and still this was much worse!!

i know i should have checkd things out but to be honest i never checked fucka ll out then, its only since i started reading this forum and read about interactions,potentiating and dangers etc i now check everything..maybe too much actually lol

Funny thing is aswell i had considered taking sub a couple of weeks before when i couldnt get ahold of my dealer as i was feling "a tiny bit cold" defo not actually in withdrawal tho and i had been taking alot of heroin! im so fucking glad i never.... im really not sure i could have coped! i would have defo had to go to the hospital i think i may even hav been happy to admit everything to my mum if it "fixed" me.

I hope by reading mines and everyone elses posts you will wait until your DEFINATELY withdrawing enough to take your sub, its simply just not worth taking before that i would never to be wrything around in bed tears streaming out my eyes full diahorea, the shakes nd loads of pain before i would ever risk sub "to help" with opiate withdrawals again. Infact im kinda terridied of sub now

hope this helps a bit
and good luck wouldnt wish PW on a single person

ST

Okay I know that this is like three years old...but I just had to ask...you had 30 100MG MORPHINE PILLS?! THREE entire grams of morphine...and you chose suboxone over that?! Even without knowing that suboxone can cause precipitated withdrawals...you STILL chose to take 1.5mg of suboxone rather than popping a few of those morphine pills? Dafuq is wrong with you man. Please tell me you got the morphine after you took the sub, or that you lost it or for some reason you weren't able to take the morphine...because you have got to be one of the most absurd opiate users to make such a decision, unless the decision was motivated by an effort on your part to dry out or take a break...which would make sense a bit...but you described how you were just trying to keep the withdrawal at bay til you could get more H...so really. What the fuck were you thinking. I need to know