dmt_contraindications1.gif

External links:

Wikipedia DMT Page
Erowid DMT Vault
TIHKAL DMT Entry

Subthreads:

First Time
Extraction Thread
Injecting (IV) extracted but crystal clear DMT? (subthread)
Coming Soon!

Relevant Threads:

[original post:]

Erowid has a piece on DMT that suggests (right at the end) that smokeable DMT can be usefully harvested from phalaris grasses in a much simpler way than a full/lengthy extraction.

Put it through a wheatgrass juicer. Dry the juice. Smoke.

I've read about it in a couple of other places too and you're supposed to freeze/thaw the stuff to break down the fibrous plant material a bit first, and a reasonable dose would have to be derived from around 50-100g (if not more) of leaves.
I've never done DMT by this or any other method, so a couple of questions:

Is this likely to work?

Is it just too lazy and once you've grown your p.arundinacea you should be prepared to put in the time and perform an extraction?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also find this interesting and posting about this yesterday. Using a juicer, plant matter is greatly reduced leaving only an extremely bitter, small amount of liquid. If this works, I think it could be so much easier. A perfect tek for those who skipped chemistry class. ;)

One concern I can think of, is that from many ethnobotanical sources the plant matter may be quite dry which could impact the efficacy of this method. I would love to hear from anyone thats tried this. I have a juicer just sitting here waiting to be used.

If a source for harmala alkaloids could similarly "juiced", this could be a novel way to create an ayahuasca type drink!

^ I say give it a go and let us know how it works out :D

Perhaps I just might. I can't see blowing myself up with a juicer. ;)

If one were to attempt such an undertaking, is p.arundinacea the best source material?

What about Phalaris brachystachys? (discussed in this thread.)

Jim DeKorne said:
"The latest scoop is that you don't even have to use chemical extractions anymore - run several handfuls of grass through a wheatgrass juicer (sold in most health food stores) and you'll wind up with a glass or so of incredibly potent liquid. One teaspoon (with MAO inhibition, of course), is a standard dose with strong grass. Only two teaspoons proved very challenging to one of my correspondents - an OD! The juice can be dried and smoked in a bong - two tokes will usually do it."

It makes me think there might be some 5-MeO-DMT in there as well. In my limited experience it takes more that two tokes of synthetic n,n DMT to go all the way, but this assumes that when DeKorne says two tokes will do it, he is referring to a full dose.

I have DeKorne's book Psychedelic Shamanism but there is no mention of this procedure. He mentions another procedure using p.arundinacea, but I'd prefer a method that doesn't involve a trip to the hardware store and potentially dangerous chemicals.

-EDIT- I just noticed the email containing the DeKorne quote is from 1994, I would think if this method is sound, it would be quite widespread due to its relative simplicity. For the moment though, I remain optimistic.

I don't own a wheatgrass juicer (nvr heard of it either). I'll look into that part tomorrow.

I do have P. growing in my garden, and I also own a katana.
No problems there. =D

"It makes me think there might be some 5-MeO-DMT in there as well. In my limited experience it takes more that two tokes of synthetic n,n DMT to go all the way, but this assumes that when DeKorne says two tokes will do it, he is referring to a full dose."

I find that one long deep toke works best.

Not sure why but this just dosnt seem like it would work, from reading MANY other teks you would need something to pull the alkolid out of the Mimosa Root bark like lighter fluid or naptha.

this is really exciting. I ain't got no phalaris grass but i have a wheatgrass compatible slow-rev juicer justwaiting to extract me some DMT :)

k well dmt isn't really my field (i'd like it to be, lol) but the theory is sound. whatever drug is in the plant is still going to be there after juicing, and you shouldn't HAVE to extract it (unless the chemical is not active before extraction)
try it

id rather use the juicer to make some good ayahuasca from mhrb. just add lemon juice and out comes a real concentrated aya.

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread- The Fifth Symphony

PREVIOUS THREAD
FIRST PAGE - LAST PAGE

maybe it was the nasty toasted weed you put in the bowl? although, DMT does taste like absolute shit, i almost puked too.

try using mint or basil instead of weed. it won't help with the taste too much but it's better than used weed. you could probably take a drink right after you take a hit but be prepared for complete weirdness shortly thereafter.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe it was the nasty toasted weed you put in the bowl? although, DMT does taste like absolute shit, i almost puked too.

try using mint or basil instead of weed. it won't help with the taste too much but it's better than used weed. you could probably take a drink right after you take a hit but be prepared for complete weirdness shortly thereafter.

I like the taste of weed, even vaped weed.

Its the distinct taste of burning plastic that makes me nauseous.

If it's anything at all like 5-meo-dmt... I can't wait to find out.

I find 5-meo to be a nice sweet candy tasting burning plastic taste. Is DMT Sweet tasting / plastic?

DMT, for me, tasted like hot chemical plastic.. it felt like it was scaring my throat.. but its wasnt long till i didnt care anymore, and drifted into oblivion

Just smoke it enough to learn to appreciate the taste. I love it nowadays.

Yea same here, it wasn't too long before the taste was like smelling sweet roses to me. And the after taste gives me great reminders of what happpened.

Status
Not open for further replies.