• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

I know I sound like a broken record about this, but guys, seriously, why would ANYONE drink syrup when pure dxm powder can be bought so easily online? All you need is google, and it's CHEAPER than syrup by far as well. Not to mention legal most places so there is no issues with ordering it on the net, as far as I'm aware.

Sorry to bang that drum over and over :D

No, you can't buy it online, but that would be awesome, and I'd give up poppin triple C's.

Yeah, if you could actually buy pure powder online, hell I'd be all over that.

For now I'll just stick with Delsym and (when I can find it) Vick's 44.

Vicks 44 Custom Cough Dry Cough Formula, Robotussin Gel-Caps.

DXM is the only acitve ingredient in both.

i believe you can buy DXM powder online, you just have to look really hard.

If anyone is having trouble finding DXM-only products, an extraction doesn't take that long. Google search : Agent Lemon

Found some pretty damn cheap DXM-only syrups at Stop&Shop

The brand is CareOne, and the orange flavored ones I bought were 5.99 each, and the generic Tussin ones I bought were 3.99 each

Possibly a brand carried by all Stop&Shops? Idk. Check your local Stop&Shop haha

In all my experiences i find a shit ton of delsym or tussin to be your best bet. unless of course you wanna go thru the hardship of doing a lemon extraction or the chemicals to harvest pure dxm freebase

Picked up some Vicks 44 Custom Care for Dry Cough.

Active Ingredients: Dextromethorphan HBr
Inactive Ingredients: Carboxymethylcellulose sodium, citric acid, FD&C Red no. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate

Should work Well.

No one's mentioned Zicam Nite. I believe it has 550mg DXM Hbr compared to standard Zicam Max's 397mg Hbr. It is extremely hard to find in my area and I have yet to see a single bottle. I wonder why...

I've only tried delsym once in a small amount so I can't judge. It intrigues me though, gave me a pseudo-shamanistic experience. A friend of mine combined that with Hbr DXM and went to sigma. I don't see why anyone would like to try sigma though. I've been psychotic and it's not fun.

I prefer pills over syrup generally but the robogels, generic or not, give me more nausea so fuck 'em.

The only decent (tolerable) tasting syrup (standard 15mg's) I've tried were some generic Wal-tussins I got the other day from walgreens. Orange and Grape. They were trying to sell it off as delsym it had seemed, proclaiming it longer-lasting though it was HBr. Strangely enough, I don't know if it was placebo or not, but it tasted closer to delsym than it did other HBr preparations. I had the fucking hardest DXM trip of my life off those the other day, though it was probably coincidental.

I truly have never had a complaint about taste. I have always found them to taste good. I suppose I'm just a freak then 8(

No one's mentioned Zicam Nite. I believe it has 550mg DXM Hbr compared to standard Zicam Max's 397mg Hbr. It is extremely hard to find in my area and I have yet to see a single bottle. I wonder why...

Zicam Nite is actually no longer in production. I think its been that way for about 2 years now.

I used to use the robitussin capsules (20 = 300mg) until I went vegan. Now I suppose I will have to drink the syrup when I decide to dissociate. I do not know why, but I react very well to DXM. I still do not trip often on it though. Like once every two or so months. I am not certain about its long-term effects on the mind.

Zicam Nite is actually no longer in production. I think its been that way for about 2 years now.
Unfortunate, I had always read recent reports about people with it in their possession and even a friend who had a bottle. Lucky bastards.

The best DXM I get is imported from Thailand. I get children's tablets which have 15mg each and no other ingredients. They are yellow and about the size of "red hots" candy. You can easily swallow 10 of them at once. You don't get the bloat and nausea that I always get from the store-bought gelcaps.

Although some of the new orange-flavored cough syrups that have DXM as the only active ingredient taste pretty good all things considered (they mix it with high-fructose corn syrup); I have gotten those from local grocery and drug stores.

Last edited:
In pure DXM HBr powder form, duh.

The powder sucks to work with, you can't even touch it with your bare hands as it reacts badly to your skin. Although it is a quick way to get high just mixing it with orange juice and it kicks in very fast.

But I still think the tablets I get from Thailand are better. and if I need a quick fix grabbing a bottle of dxm-only cough syrup gets the job done, the newer flavors (orange in particular) taste pretty good.

I ordered 10g powder back in the day before all the online suppliers got shut down due to dumbass high school kids taking/selling 1g pills at school and stuff.

Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record about this, but guys, seriously, why would ANYONE drink syrup when pure dxm powder can be bought so easily online? All you need is google, and it's CHEAPER than syrup by far as well. Not to mention legal most places so there is no issues with ordering it on the net, as far as I'm aware.

Sorry to bang that drum over and over :D

It is really hard to get DXM powder, all the online suppliers got in trouble because of stupid high school kids ODing on it.

I would rather drink the syrup anyway. I think it tastes delicious.

I had "Berry Blast" by vicks last night. Taste like strawberries :)

alright as a dxm fiend i recommend the following:

robitussin long acting
robitussin cough gels
cvs cough gels
walgreens cough gels
cvs long acting tussin
waltussin maximum strength
waltussin cough gels
delsym orange
delsym grape
dexalone

I have not seen that one! Is it only DXM HBr?

Yup just DXM. Even has very minimal inactive ingredients. Didn't experience any stomach issues at all.
323900011533.jpg