• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

go through this with me XD its a little complicated but its just Algebra I... which you should've already taken or you may be taking right now i think

30mg per 1 tablet of CCC, 16 tablets per box

30mg
x16tablets
----------
6 x 30 = 180
10 x 30 = 300

+300
-----
480mg of DXM per box of CCC's

========================-=

16.3ml of Zicam per bottle
6mg of DXM per .25ml
soooo multiply that by four and you have 24mg per ml of zicam

16.3ml
x24mg
-------
24 x .3 = 7.2mg
24 x 6 = 144mg
24 x 10 = 240mg

+144
+240
------
391.2mg of DXM per Zicam

so there's less DXM in a box of Zicam than a box of CCC's. however, Zicam kicks in wayyyy quicker than CCC tablets and it kinda smacks you in the face, so i bet it'll feel about as intense.

the people above have a point though... you are only 14 friend. DXM is very addicting (i struggled with compulsive DXM use for years and i have blown thousands of dollars on it,and i definitely notice cognitive impairment), and its a lot easier to get addicted when you're a teenager. sad but true. i'd urge you to wait until you're done growing to start experimenting with drugs, but if you do use try to keep your use to a minimum please. :)

wait at least one week per plateau before you trip again. so, one zicam is likely a 2nd plateau trip for you. that means you should wait at least two weeks to trip again.

if you do dose, please let us know how it goes :)

as for where to steal Zicam... don't =p i got caught shoplifting a Zicam once... thought i was good at shoplifting before that hah.

Don't steal drugs. That's stupidity at it's stupidest. Zicam will kick your ass if you aren't careful - those bottles don't seem to be dosed the same from one to the next. Scariest DXM experience I ever had was when I downed two of those. I thought I did the trick that time. Scariest drug experience of my life and I've had my share. Be careful.

^ LOL, I had a very similar experience on two bottles of Zicam. Granted, that was back during my early days of DXM experimentation, but it's worth re-iterating that the bottles vary in mg content. I've had bottles with 15 ml, and bottles with 17 ml, so it's best to measure your dose out beforehand.

DXM can be bought in powder form, legally, in some countries

but on the flip side; in other countries you can get script amphetamines easily but can only get DXM from cough syrup

When using dxm a big harm reduction thing for me is learning how my liver processed the drug (prevent throwing up and nausea in general). If it's your first rounds with dxm I'd suggest Delsym for it's time release and not all that potent from the poly. As well as gel caps which is slightly more powerful. Then we have the brands of robitussin cough syrup which is the most preferred method (only dxm as active ingredient). Then the double edge sword is CCC's for they are the most potent yet have extra ingredients. I'd suggest never going over 20. If having trouble with remembering/lethargy problems, ginkgo biloba will assist in memory recall, and vitamin C generally makes any high cleaner and a better comedown. If you're not experienced or have not have read William White's dxm faq found on erowid, I HIGHLY recommend it. lol no pun intended

What besides delsym and robogels are

a safe DXM to take?. I know the St. Joseph's and CCC plus all the generics that come in the form of a red skittle are bad...But I don't want to pay 10 close to 11 for a 3 oz botlle of delsym....and the robogels just plan suck.

Robitussin Cough, Vick 44 Custom Care Dry Cough, Zicam Cough MAX, pretty much anything that targets just the cough, read label for active ingredient and make sure the only one is Dextromethorphan HBr. Usually the store brand Cough is the best, only DXM Hbr and less sugar than the big brands.

In your other thread you indicated that you are currently taking sertraline, and it's generally unwise to mix SRIs (DXM is one as well). Some people do it anyway, dosing cautiously. Sertraline is inhibits CYP2D6, so the experience would last longer, and be less dissociative (whether or not that's a good thing is up to the individual).

But given the medley of psychiatric medications you're on, I'd strongly recommend against recreational DXM use.

Last edited:
Nobody seemed to mention this, so...

Assured cough gels. 15 pills a bottle, 15mg each. Total of 225mg DXM in each. They're a bit smaller than the Robitussin brand cough gels. I found them at the dollar store, guys.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum bu I have been using DXM SINCE 2003. I have tried just about all DXM contain g products and as long as DXM is the only active ingredient then is ok so stay away from ccc and all that other b.s. I have always been able to find pure DXM powder most of the time if anyone wants to know a good place to find such things let me know it's the safest way to go.