View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Storage and Solubility

Magic_Hobo

Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-B thread in which to discuss storage and solubility. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-B storage and solubility to this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know the solubility of 2C-B HCl in water and pure grain alcohol?

Would 2C-B dissolve easily in Orange Juice, so one glass of juice is one dose?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solubility of 2c-b in water?

Like the title says does anyone know how soluble 2c-b is in dh2o? I was thinking maybe 15mg/5ml, does that sound reasonable?

thanks people!

Taken from erowid.

For this example, lets say that we have a material for which +/- 1mg is no big deal (something like 2CB), so perhaps our target accuracy is 2mg. We Rule of 10 Thumbs this to get 10 drops per 2mg, or 5drops per milligram. That would allow me to put ~68 mg of material in the 20ml bottle ( ( 17 drops per ml / 5 drops per milligram ) * 20ml in bottle ). I think I'd rather reduce the accuracy a little and get more in the bottle, so I decide to go with 2 drops per milligram which will reduce my target accuracy quite a bit, but its still fine. If I slip and accidentally get an extra couple milligrams of 2CB, I'll survive. At 2 drops per milligram, that means 7-8 milligrams per milliliter (15-18 drops per milliliter for the example dropper). That means that about 150 milligrams in my 20ml dropper bottle. Thats a good amount and 2CB is nice and stable in distilled water.

Easy posloke EASY!!!!!!

Assuming hydrochloide!! Hydrobromide ?? (getting outta my depth here 8( ) I am uncertain about!

ACTUALLY JUST IGNORE ME (YES YOU'VE FOUND THAT TO BEST IN THE PAST WE KNOW HA HA );) :D %)

*Looks around*

Are you following me Z? :D

That bit from erowid made my brain frazzle the end was what i wanted to hear though

150 milligrams in my 20ml dropper bottle

Sweet, thanks everyone

reptilian said:
Taken from erowid.
8)

You cheeky monkey zophen, you changed your post so it ACTUALLY HAD some INFORMATION! 8o (not a lot like)

Therefore making me look like a loon asking if you were following me!

^Posloke is a grade A loon , therefore actually a decent fellow, though I'd never ever let him know that !

I've found 2C-B (HCl I think) to be less readily soluble in water than the other 2Cs, but still quite soluble. It takes a minute of stirring to get it all dissolved, and not quite as much can fit in to a mL. But nevertheless, for all practical purposes, it's plenty soluble.

trip.more said:
what a loon
- cheers :|

I tried to put 2c-b into solution this evening 15mg/5ml, i had to heat the solution quite a bit to get it all to dissolve though. I used a microwave *shock horror*

merci buckets Zophen matey ;)

Well, my sample does take a while to fully dissolve. But if you happen to know that your 2C-B is HBr, well then, mine must be as well.

gfdsa said:
BL is awesome!

Indeed! And it's because of attitudes like yours that it is :)

Neither salt is all that water-soluble, compared to most of its 2c-relatives.

I did convert a little of mine to the HCl just to wash up and see if I lost much and to see how easily it dissolved (needed a hot water bath to go in as easily as the HBr).

And yes, the HCl burns way the fuck more.. which is really saying something (and no I didn't have excess acid on it or use hardware store chems). Its like railing a line out of the bottom of a raging charcoal grill.

2C-B hcl takes a while to get into solution. Just yesterday, I tried to disolve in into OJ. After 5 minutes of shaking, I still saw flecks of 2C-B floating around and I just ended up swallowing it. 2C-D and 2C-C go right into solution. I wonder why 2C-B is so unhappy to submit to H2O.

Would 2c-b hcl be more soluble in alcohol than h2O?