• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Storage and Solubility

I think that the HCl form of 2C-B is a bit better water solvable than the HBr form, and therefore less painful when used nasally, but I have also heard the exact opposite. maybe some people just think of the HCl as better as its synthesis involves one more step.

Bromide ions have sedative effects, for one. I don't think you will notice them on the dosage sizes of 2C-B, but anyway, in a psychedelic state even small things can make big diffrences.

*bump*, i have 2C-B Hbr and i read the posts before, but has anyone tried to dissovle 250mg 2C-B Hbr in 50ml Ethanol for example(5mg/ml), does it work and is accurate?

Edit: works with a bit heating

Last edited:
I want to know if I have Hbr or Hcl 2CB. I just added 10ml [H2O] to 500mg [2CB]
- from my above post

So I did this back in August 09' and ended up mixing it at 20mg/ml 2CB/H2O. I've had it in this solution in the fridge since then (at 3 degrees C), and I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it will keep? I think I read that tryptamines aren't very stable in water.... but does anyone know if 2CB/phenethylamines will degrade faster in solution? Should I evap the water and store as a powder? It's been a few months since I tried it. I thought that I would take it all over a few months...I never thought it would last me this long lol. Would freezing it hurt?

2c-b is very stable, even in solution.

i would be most worried about some of the solution evaporating and you having a stronger mg/ml ratio then expected.

^use a masking tape to mark the surface level of the solution. That way, if u have evaporation, your tape will show you your previous level and you can add more solution to rebalance the ratio.
To prevent evaporation, I usually put a layer of Saran Wrap (thin clear plastic for covering food) then screw on the top of the bottle. This seals it quite well and prevents evaporation. Still a good idea to mark the level with tape though.

Just evaporate the water. You could prob due this with a tad bit of heat but I can't speak from experience about that.

mine is in a glass vial in a black bag so light can't get in and that is kept in a cool place not sure how good that is but i think it should do trick

2c-b shelf life

how long does 2c-b last in powder form? as long as mdma?

also what color powder have people that have done 2c-b seen it come in? thanks

I bought my 2c-b 6 years ago and just recently tried it. Still active. And it was just kept in capsules on room temperature.

if it was dry and in a dark place its probably fine (water and light which is heat among other forms) then it should be fine probably if anything happened then it would only slightly decrease the purity. If you are worried you can recrystallize it but before you do anything stupid DO NOT use any solvent but water around an open flame!!!!

So if I was to dissolve a gram of 2C-B into a 50-50 flavored vodka and tap/bottled water mix @ 25mg per 1ml, I'm going to need to account for water displacement right?

I've got 1000mg, and I want to make 1ml a 25mg dose so that should be ~40ml of water correct? How much water should I take out to equal the amount of displacement caused by 1000mg of material? Or is it not a significant enough of a difference to matter..?

So if I was to dissolve a gram of 2C-B into a 50-50 flavored vodka and tap/bottled water mix @ 25mg per 1ml, I'm going to need to account for water displacement right?

I've got 1000mg, and I want to make 1ml a 25mg dose so that should be ~40ml of water correct? How much water should I take out to equal the amount of displacement caused by 1000mg of material? Or is it not a significant enough of a difference to matter..?
Are you sure you can dissolve 25 ml in 1 ml of your mixture. It could be an idea to do a small test first.

About the displacement, I would think you could just put 40 ml of your 50-50 mix in the container you wish to use, mark the hight of the liquid, empty, put in 1 g 2c-b, fill with 50-50 mixture to the mark.

From what I've read, 1ml of pure ethanol should be able to hold a whole gram..? That sounds a bit off though.

Apparently 100g of gold will only displace 5.18ML, and I'm only using 1g so it should be good lol... but I like your idea as well :) I was planning on marking it anyways, someone else made a great point about evaporation and said to mark the level before storing it, then if there is any less when you take it back out you can just fill it back up to the line again.

Seems all good... I think I'll be doing just a half gram to start though, 20ml of pure vodka and if I can't get it to dissolve I'll just add another 20ml of water.

Think I can store the solution in one of those screw on lid pill bottles? I'm not really sure what container is going to be able to hold 40ml airtight :\