• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Now I am in a Bind

So I took 48 pills yesterday morning to get high off loperamide. It has been well over 24 hours since I took the massive amount to get high. Do you think if I took my suboxone I would get sick?

As long as your in withdrawal, then take it. The half life is 12 hours so it should be close to out of your system.

I still feel high though. SO strange... I really want to take my suboxone. I just feel mildly buzzed. Kind of like the after effect when you take an oxy 80 or something. Im wondering if I will get sick if I take my suboxone right now.

This thread has interested me very very much. Let me explain a few things before I tell you about my experience (that I am experiencing as I type) with loperamide.

I am an opiate addict. I have been on suboxone for about 2 months. 1 eight mg strip a day. On Sunday (2-3 days ago) I ran out of suboxone. I do not get my refill until tomorrow. I have been suffering hardcore the last couple days.

After I read some thread on bluelight and on drugsandbooze.com I was extravagantly thrilled to see many witness reports, that loperamide DOES indeed get you high. So about 3 hours ago I went to the grocery store with a roommate and got 96 pills (2 mg.). I read a instruction guide that explained the mixture of recipes to take before and after you consume loperamide considering it is hard fore the drug to cross the brain blood barrier.

So here it goes:

--I got some cimetidine (tagamet otc) which is an acid reducer medication. It slows down your stomach's acid so more loperamide is absorbed and is a p450 inhibitor which helps loperamide pass through the BBB. I took 1 g of cimetidine (this is completely necessary to help).

--Then I consumed 48 loperamide pills.

--As I am doing all this I downed 32 oz of grapefruit juice for lopermides absorption and pgp inhibition

--Then I drank about 8 oz of tonic water which contains quinine (also a pgp inhibitor)

About 20 minutes later I felt the onset affects. Then I took more. 3 hours have passed and I have consumed 96 pills. I feel mildly euphoric and I am not happy about having to take that many pills. But I have an extremely high tolerance due to my daily suboxone intake which basically blocks my receptors. But I am very surprised I even feel anything at all. Please let me know what you think.. This is a very interesting thread.

Hi all! I'm going to be running out of my pain medicine about 5 days early. I take approximately 240-300mg oxycodone ir per day (usually closer to 240mg). Obviously when this happens I go through pure hell. I have never been able to find anything that helps with my withdrawals, and I've noticed the subject of utilizing Loperamide has been coming up more often lately.
I've never used it before, and have a couple of questions...I apologize if the info I'm asking for is in here somewhere ;I've only got a minute or two to spend online and this is a pretty long thread! So...
1.) The post I quoted seems to have lots of helpful information on how to make the most of this drug ...I'm wondering if anyone else has found these items to be helpful? Obviously, these things worked for him/her.... Again, I am oblivious to this whole process and I just want to be as safe as possible.
2.) Can anyone tell me how much Loperamide may work for me based on my daily dose of oxycodone ir? I understand that there are no guarantees here. Just hoping somebody could give me a general idea.
3.) If I decide to try this, should I wait until I am in full-blown withdrawal to take the Loperamide?

Thank you for reading. I appreciate any responses :)

Cat......... Just as a side note in case it makes any difference-I also am on 100mcg Fentanyl Transdermal System.
EDIT... I followed a link to this thread someone posted in "other drugs"... I did not think to look and see what forum I was in before posting this... for some dumb reason I thought I was still in other drugs. I am sorry is this is the wrong place to ask these questions. Mods, if you'd like me to delete this, let me know.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my experience w/ Lope.

About 2 months ago, I bought a bottle of 96 generic loperamide (2 mg) to help with Percocet withdrawal. Over the course of 2 hours, I popped 9 or 10 pills along with about 1.5 tablespoons of black pepper (supposed to help it cross the BBB). That's ~20 mg total.

While my withdrawal symptoms were SOMEWHAT decreased, I also felt what I can only describe as a toxic feeling in my body that lasted well into the next day. My mouth was dry, I had a miserable headache despite drinking a gallon of water and my heart rate felt somewhat off. Plus, my withdrawals were still noticeable.

Now I know I probably didn't take enough to fully stop withdrawals, but I had to stop at 10 due to the nasty feelings. I honestly feel like it made things worse, but it's hard to tell where the w/d's ended and the Imodium effects began.

Just wanted to add my experience w/ Lope.

About 2 months ago, I bought a bottle of 96 generic loperamide (2 mg) to help with Percocet withdrawal. Over the course of 2 hours, I popped 9 or 10 pills along with about 1.5 tablespoons of black pepper (supposed to help it cross the BBB). That's ~20 mg total.

While my withdrawal symptoms were SOMEWHAT decreased, I also felt what I can only describe as a toxic feeling in my body that lasted well into the next day. My mouth was dry, I had a miserable headache despite drinking a gallon of water and my heart rate felt somewhat off. Plus, my withdrawals were still noticeable.

Now I know I probably didn't take enough to fully stop withdrawals, but I had to stop at 10 due to the nasty feelings. I honestly feel like it made things worse, but it's hard to tell where the w/d's ended and the Imodium effects began.

Lady codone,
I posted right before you and I am coming off of the same drug, although I'm assuming higher doses. Could you help tell me how much you think I should take if any considering your experience lol?

You have to take at least 48 or more pills. Sadly speaking I now take 200 pills in one sitting and I don't have to mix any other substances with the loperamide to work. In massive doses, the loperamide overflows the BBB. I do not recommend taking 200 pills if its your first time. I have been doing self experimenting with loperamide for the last year and I have a tolerance to it. But I will say that the quinine or black pepper is unnecessary if you take loperamide in higher doses.

Loperimide ftw. I'm in so damn much pain. :/ I have never taken enough to get high but I have taken 45-60 mg and it stopped my wd entirely. I need some now. I only take them every other day for a few days until the worst has passed. Thanks for the post!

My 2c. I'm on my 7th year of my opie habit and I can say for sure that lopermide cures all wd symptoms.i just took 50mg this morning for the first time and damm.no wd's at all. I usuall take lyrica but I find that lyrica in big doses messes you up pretty good.i have to say that lopermide is my new go to drug for wd's .hope this helps some one in a jam.you dont get high at all, in had no cramps or other side effects. Just no killer wd's

isnt loperamide toxic when taking dozens of times the recommended dosage?

sounds crazy to take that stuff when ur addicted to opiates,
especially knowing opiates in and by themselves already cause constipation issues.

Im on day 6 with no opiates except lope.i took 50mg the first day and it lasted almost 3 days.on the third day I took 50mg again .now on day 6 I am just a little cold feeling ,but it is like minus 30c here in edmonton. had normal bowl movement this morning took some lyrica and I feel pretty dam good.and not to say I dont care about side effects but addicts ,like myself do what they got to do and don't even really consider side effects .its like tunnel vision.just gotta make it till the next fix.kinda sad if you think about it .monkey is the boss.......now I'm on day 8.only took the 2 doses of lope gone the last 2 days just taking layirca when feeling cold.other than being cold and runny nose i got no other wds.my hunger is back along with shiting normal so im all good !!! Get my script tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Loperamide crossing the BBB may not work for some but it does for others, including myself. The only reason I joined this extinct chat is because yesterday I accidentally felt something from taking only 5 Immodium MSR tabs for runs. It made me feel at peace - like everything was alright. I am usually prescribed Gabapentin 600mg for anxiety. 10mg of Loperamide gave me the same natural calm & in control feeling that 2 or 3 Gabapentin do. I understand they are both Calcium Channel Blockers & both have a hard time crossing the BBB. For me it was awesome though. I felt sober & strong - the parts of the opiate buzz that I use to really enjoy when hooked on 150mg of Oxy/day - without nodding out or being a j. I didn't feel totally high & I don't care if it does that personally. It lasted until today. No way am I ever taking 100mg of the stuff. I don't think I need it, personally - literally. Low dose does me fine & I've been taking opiates since around 14 yOa. Just letting you haters know I took a big dump today, smiling, just for you.

EDIT: This was before I knew it was an opiod & all the other stuff.

I think when it doesn't work around 40-60mg you should probably get a better remedy for withdrawals. I had (2) one week suboxone patches + (20) 100mg tramadol + (20) 0.5 lorazepam + weed + alcohol.....when I finally kicked my day to day opiate habit - and you'd be lucky to find any doc to give you those former seemingly necessible things! Constipation is gonna be your killer because a lot of the toxins are released thru the poo. But look at me. Kicked roxies, turned into an alcoholic, & now I'm feeling high on Immodium trying to figure it out. wow! thats the sign ritejer

I don't understand how or why people continue to say it must be plesebo when there are hundreds of people who are addicts saying its getting them high! Do you really believe that many addicts don't know when they are high? I have known 3 seperate people on daily methadone at doses 120 and above that use lopes when they can't get to clinic and they are just fine on anywhere from 40 to 120 mlg. Of lope. Its also beeen confirmed it has no negative parkinson effects like some synthetics.

Curious .. I guess I should of read more I'm trying this but I picked up the liquid wondering if it's going to do any good now ? Taken 120 mg so far and nothing but I'm also on adarrall @37mg and Tramadol @100 mg so that's it for me today ! Don't need seizures just in wd and man it sucks my 90 only lasts me 2 weeks tops I take them like tic tacs.

Last edited:
It does cross the bbb in small amounts and it effects receptors all truout your body the the only thing it has trouble getting tru is ur bbb but it still dose in small amounts im high on lops now iv been clean up till now for 3 mouths i took 72 pills becouse i was fed up with being sober and i couldnt get cheratussin ac i wasn't hopfull as far as getting high just thought it might ease my anxiety and pain issues but to my surprise 20 min later wile smoking a joint i realized i was high 40 min i was realy high i had that same felling in my back and the week limbs that morphine gives you and im experiencing a lift in mood and a good amount of uphoria id say its like morphine as far as the body high and as far as the mental part im not shur the mood lift and uphoria is not like any opioids iv taken and iv taken 100s of differnt types of opiods its simalar to other opiods but not the same vary perductive moodlifting high vary enjoyable and lasts a long time one thing if you wana get high on lops you goto be sober i took 72 but im 6ft 4 and 220lbs so u may need less i cant wait to get my lorazipams refilled and then take 100 lopes im from albaquerque and have recently moved to a rural town in California so i dont know whare to get other opioids yet and im still in the process of getting insurance so i havent been getting my pain meds my last scrip for morphine 60s and morphine 15s ran out 2 mounths ago i had to kick with lyrica and cheratussin ac get my insurance in jan so 1 more mounth cant wait in in so much pain and anxiety i want to rip my limbs of so i dont have to endure the pain my joints are giving me and my spine well i cant rip that out

Ya thats why is says do not give to children under 2 thare bbb are not fully developed allowing biger amounts to pass the bbb cousing the overdose not a neurotoxic event

Ya peaple are u stupid im a opiod lover iv been clean for 3 mounths due to moving to a rural area and my new mexico insurance not working in California no morphine for me til jan anyway i just took 72 lopes this morning and let me tell you when your clean from opiods it gets you high it dose cross the bbb in small amounts and it definitely effects all the rceptors in your body it gives me that feeling in my neck that morphine dose and the week limbs felt like i took a extended release morphine 60 as far as my neck and limbs, it definitely no dubt inproved my mood and had a good amount of uphoria vary enjoyable dont know what to campare it to tho its the same as other opioids but a lil diferent also it worked almost as good for back and joint pain as my morphine xr 60s and my ir morphine 15s that i cant get till jan when my insurance kicks in looks like im stuck with lopes and cheratussin ac till then