• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a CWE on 44 7.46mg DHC's/500mg APAP's using 250mls water.

Usually I use lab grade filters and the end result is a near clear liquid.

However, this time I filtered it twice through 2 layers of kitchen roll - then a 3rd time through 3 layers of kitchen roll.

The end result is this...... (NSFW for size)

NSFW:

Is it me, or is it too white?

Or am I being too fussy?

I think that is way to white. When I tried it, I got almost a clear liquid with tons of white sludge on the coffee filter. Only problem was that the coffee filer got to wet and was dripping all over my counter.

I think you used too much water, 3.5g of acetaminophen could have been absorbed, possibly lesser or more.

Also, would taking 120mg in the morning make it ok to take another 120 mg at night time? Or is that to much codeine?

You are fine to take that, you could even take them closer together or even at the same time. Occasionally I get 60mg pure codeine with no apap or other OTC analgesics combined. I will take 240mg then 4 hours later another 240mg. I tend to get a fairly uncomfortable histamine release on the second dose but that is all part of the territory with weaker opioids in high doses.

Just did a CWE on 44 7.46mg DHC's/500mg APAP's using 250mls water.

Usually I use lab grade filters and the end result is a near clear liquid.

However, this time I filtered it twice through 2 layers of kitchen roll - then a 3rd time through 3 layers of kitchen roll.

The end result is this...... (NSFW for size)

NSFW:

Is it me, or is it too white?

Or am I being too fussy?

I presume that kitchen roll is paper towels? These are not fine enough to stop particles they are not designed to filter stuff, they are designed to absorb liquids. It would be best to use coffee filters, they cost about 3 USD(6 GBP) for 50 of them. If using coffee filters you should double them up to filter out more of the apap. With 250ml of water you will end up with 2000 - 3500mg of apap in a mostly CLEAR end result. That is WAAAAY too milky and indicates you have a lot of apap than 3500mg suspended in that solution. Were you using cold water and keeping it cold?

Best thing to do with that would be to stick the glass in an ice bath or the freezer and carefully pour off the liquid making sure not to agitate it as a lot of apap will solidify at the bottom of the glass. Leaving the sludge at teh bottom of the glass take just the liquid you poured off and filter again through damp double coffee filter. The result should be nearly clear or only slightly white. You should be able to hold a news paper behind the glass and easily be able to read what the paper says.
I think that is way to white. When I tried it, I got almost a clear liquid with tons of white sludge on the coffee filter. Only problem was that the coffee filer got to wet and was dripping all over my counter.

You need to use a really tall glass, pre-wet the coffee filter and rubber band it over the glass so that there is only a few CM of filter folded over the top of the glass. If you set the glass in a bowl before you filter the water through you can then pour what ever water ends up in the bowl through the filter at the end. This saves most of the liquid. There will still be some loss with this method but by wetting the filter with cold water in advance you are insuring that not much of your solution is absorbed by the filter and the bowl is catching the water from getting all over your counter where it can not be added to the solution.

Last edited:
As mentioned just above, wet the filter first. The filter will absorb all of the codeine/water if you don't. I also like the filter the mixture through an old peice of cloth first, it usually removes 95% of the crap making the filters job a lot easier.

would you say a funnel is good as well? Also how many mg of codiene is considered a high dosage?

I use a tall glass and just place a lacky over the filter and the glass. With the dosage start with a small dose, you don't want to have a bad histamine reaction and end up with a bright red face. It all depends on how tollerent you are to the codeine. A high dose for me is 600mg but it could be 100mg for yourself. Be careful and start small. It's also a good idea to keep an antihistamine handy incase you do have a bad reaction :(.

Hope my post was helpful. Didn't read the previous posts so I could just be repeating someone.

Why? Is the second dosage always more prone to a histamine release? I usally take around 120mg, I took 120 today with the CWE. So I was thinking of bumping it up to 150-180mg. Also do you loose any codeine during the CWE proccess?? Thanks for the info btw.

Thanks for the info peeps. :)

I'll stick with my old methods from now on. Micron filters ftw. %)

If I keep the Tylenol 3s crushed in a cup in the fridge over night, will it be good to filter in the morning? Or would the codeine also settle in the bottom, because it has been in the fridge for over 9 hours.

If I keep the Tylenol 3s crushed in a cup in the fridge over night, will it be good to filter in the morning? Or would the codeine also settle in the bottom, because it has been in the fridge for over 9 hours.

They would actually be fine to filter in 20 mins or so (if left in the freezer) but leaving them overnight in the fridge won't hurt them. The codeine won't settle, because codeine is soluble in water. It is, therefore, dissolved in solution with the water and a solution is by definition consistent throughout (think back to high school chemistry with homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.) Hope this helps :D

Quick CWE question

I know there are a million threads with a ton of cwe information out there but I can usually only find stuff on codeine extraction.

Heres my question; i've been cwe'ing about 10-12 7.5/750 vicodin at a time, using a coffee filter. I've done this quite a few times, but it seems my yields are much less than I anticipate every time. Could it be im using too much/too little water? How many mL of water should I add per pill? I have been using about 4 mL per pill dissolved in luke warm water, cooling to about 34 degrees F, then filtering using a coffee filter. My end result is always as desired, tons of white gooey apap stuck in the filter with my semi-clear solution at the bottom. When I drink my solution, however, it only seems like im getting about 50-60% of the hydrcoodone i'm trying to extract. Why am I loosing so much? I know a cwe does not yield 100% of the hydrocodone, but I feel like I should be getting a lot more.

Again, i know there is a lot of info out there on cwes, but most everything I find usually pertains to codeine pills. Any tips on how to refine my methods for a higher yield would be much appreciated. thanks everyone

there's methods of vic cwe in the mega thread where i'll move this. a cwe on vicoden is no different to codeine pills; they're just different opiates obviously. you're still separating the apap/ibu.

^ What LW said. The CWE will apply to most opioid-APAP/ibuprofen medications.

As for improving your technique; perhaps a little more water wouldn't hurt? And from my experience with codeine tablets that go gooey, they usually yield less due to the mess.

Extracting Tylenol for 5mg vicodin pills

I know that taking alot of the 5mg vicodin pills is bad for you cause of all the tylenol that they contain, especially when you have a high tolerance to them and are taking 12 or more at a time. What I would really appreciate is a method for taking out the tylenol. Now I read the earlier post that went into detail about how to do it with cold water, I would just like alittle more in depth explanation from someone if possible. Thank you, this is my first post, I'd just like to say hello to everyone and that I appreciate your time and help.

^ Look up the CWE megathread (which yours truly created :)) and read the first post by ME. Which is the first post anyway. I think the thread was on the first page just recently?

ETA: Holy shit with the powers of my mind and Jazz-fusion I moved the thread into the CWE mega thread... or Captain H did it, which I believe to be highly unlikely ;)

Last edited:
QUESTION-
Which method is fastest for hydro/aceta. combo pills, oxy/aceta. combo pills, and oxy or hydro/aspirin pills currently? I miss my old 10/325 oxy tables cause I didn't need to filter. Now whatever I get will be 5, 7.5, or 10mg hydro and probably 500mg something shitty. I have more hope for upcoming oxy(10/325s comeon damnit!!). I have no opiate tolerance so will take 15-20mg of hydro, 10-15mg of oxy(and will be taking something before the oxy that makes it absorb better, forget what they're called).

I'm hoping not to spend tons of time on this. Some tylenol in my water is fine, just trying to not take the whole pills worth...

Would crushing them up, putting them in warm-ish water(stirred up), then pouring that through two coffee filters do the trick? again, some tylenol in the water is fine, I'm only taking a few pills of whatever I get at a time(but don't want to fuck my organs with the full pills).

QUESTION-
Which method is fastest for hydro/aceta. combo pills, oxy/aceta. combo pills, and oxy or hydro/aspirin pills currently? I miss my old 10/325 oxy tables cause I didn't need to filter. Now whatever I get will be 5, 7.5, or 10mg hydro and probably 500mg something shitty. I have more hope for upcoming oxy(10/325s comeon damnit!!). I have no opiate tolerance so will take 15-20mg of hydro, 10-15mg of oxy(and will be taking something before the oxy that makes it absorb better, forget what they're called).

I'm hoping not to spend tons of time on this. Some tylenol in my water is fine, just trying to not take the whole pills worth...

Would crushing them up, putting them in warm-ish water(stirred up), then pouring that through two coffee filters do the trick? again, some tylenol in the water is fine, I'm only taking a few pills of whatever I get at a time(but don't want to fuck my organs with the full pills).

Use cold water man, theres never a need for warm/hot water at all. Its a common misconception.

Only using coffee filters makes it take alot longer because they get clogged with all the APAP. Doing a pre-filter with a tightly woven piece of cloth (think dress-shirt type material) and then letting that run through a coffee filter can speed things along nicely, and give you better filtration at the same time.

Hi everyone, just want to add my simple warm to hot water extract. Let me fill in some quick history. I've used codeine now for 10years and used cwe for most of them. I'm 50kg and dose 1g a day for months at a time then have 4 days off. I get a lil sick but can still function, just sweat at night for the secon and third day. By 4th i feel really good. In the time i've used codeine there was a couple of years in there where i went oc's and H, but my intake was the same....1g per day, naturally w/ds sucked. Went bupe etc but found codeine the best. Apart from being skinny i'm fairly fit. So thats my promo for codeine, "I" don't get sick, don't itch (due to phenerg 250mg but not tonight for instance) and still no itch and no gut problems. NOTE: When i used asprin for cwe i would go deaf in one ear for a day or more...very scary. I've found other reports of people who have gone near deaf from codeine....but think it might be asprin instead. Please be carefull. Anyways here's my process.

Items used: 5 to 6 "harris" coffee filters (small), 5 cups, 100 x 10/500 "sigma chemist own pain tablets" The brand is very important due to filler type/filtration ability. Aprox 200ml of warm to hot water. Now i've had my results tested at a university my mate goes to. I end up with nearly 840ml codeine and 380ml apap. That was a strait wwe.

Process: Add tabs to water in a cup, stir for 1min, fast. Place even mixture in to four cups with filter secured, inverting them around the rim is suficient. Wait about 4min. There should be little to no visible liquid. Now squeze all 4 one at a time as hard as you can each filter over the fith cup with a filter. To do this with out leakage, roll and fold the top of the filters 5mm until you reach the goop then fold the "ears" over to seal. YOu get the hang of it after a while. Now if you wanna play safe, you squeeze it through early and cool the product then filter it one last time. But i just drink it strait and it's cool once its split up and filters, so not much apap and nothing white to be seen, just slight brownish tinge, perhaps from filters. If you really wan't you can use a hair dryer over a large pirex or glass bake dish and it comes out nice and white. You can weigh it and check yourself. I just drink it, this dosn't take long. I like V black as my wash down, but cool coffee works to save Money. Can handle taste easy unless cwe from asprin then it's bitter from the acid. I don't use asprin at all and in wont work with wwe. Then i pop the promethazine (phenergan) and smoke till i finish this post. Weed and a few cigi's. NOTE: Tobacco is unhealthy and i don't recommend it. Please use caution when using drugs, just use common sence and reduce the water and the tabs and a filter or 2 for a small dose. As long as the tabs form a thick liquid but not a slush you're sweat. Start small and see how you go. Don't worry about cyp2d6 and the rest, just feel your body and know your limits. If you don't feel 400mg with no tolerance, then it's not for you. Good luck and i'm pretty stoned now so let me know if i made a mistake or 10. Sorry to ramble, but practice makes improvement, but no ones perfect. Peace and freedom to all especially in Australia where on 1st of may it's controlled, and a script is needed for codeine pharms in quantity of more than 24pills. Thanks to Neurofen plus and a heap of complaining"addicts" using 90mg a day. A joke. Anyways, i hope somthing freedom comes our way for once. Peace.

dunno know about anyone else but i have no idea what you are trying to articulate in this post. All I can figure is your using hot water, which is bad, more apap dissolves in hot water and hot water destroys opiates. Everything else you said was not clear.

Also you say you use 200ml of water to start yet you end up with 1220ml afterward. Codeine and apap are not liquids, liquids are measured in ML. powders (even if dissolved in liquids) are measured in MG.

Last edited:
Use cold water man, theres never a need for warm/hot water at all. Its a common misconception.

Only using coffee filters makes it take alot longer because they get clogged with all the APAP. Doing a pre-filter with a tightly woven piece of cloth (think dress-shirt type material) and then letting that run through a coffee filter can speed things along nicely, and give you better filtration at the same time.

Awesome, so I'll just:

Crush up the pills I'm using

put them in a cup

put in (very?) cold water with them(how much water for X aspirin, and also for X aceta.?) and stir them up plenty

put that type cloth over another cup with a wide top, and pour water through, then sqeeze the cloth as much as I can getting as much through as possible.

That it? I think I'll put it in a water bottle and mark how much to drink at a time so I can have it durring the day. Convenient!

Awesome, so I'll just:

Crush up the pills I'm using

put them in a cup

put in (very?) cold water with them(how much water for X aspirin, and also for X aceta.?) and stir them up plenty

put that type cloth over another cup with a wide top, and pour water through, then sqeeze the cloth as much as I can getting as much through as possible.

That it? I think I'll put it in a water bottle and mark how much to drink at a time so I can have it durring the day. Convenient!

Pretty much, except you want to put the cloth over a coffee filter so that what makes it through the cloth is caught by the coffee filter. Its basically just a two stage filter and it makes the coffee filter part go much faster to have the cloth as a first stage. As far as amount of water, 50mL for 15 500mg APAP tabs has worked well. You can use more water if needed, just remember that more water=more APAP in your final solution because of its solubility.

Status
Not open for further replies.