• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Mega Thread and FAQ

Is it normal to hear voices/music during nodding even though there is no real source for them? Or is just that the opiates mess with my bipolar disorder?

Well I would say yea because for me (and most people I know) nodding is weaving in and out of dream-like states... never really sleeping but kind of just entering and leaving reality for a bit on and off for a few hours (kind of like a mixture of day dreaming and sleep dreaming.. so I would think you're just slipping into the dream like states when you hear things.

Now not to derail my original post but I just slammed for my 2nd time tonight. I did much less than the first time and didn't really get a good rush which saddened me but I did get a little buzz. I knew I could handle a little more so I did a little bit more and got that nice rush I was looking for and a nice high.... now here is the downside:

I purchased some bath salts (I know, I know.. don't give me the 3rd degree). I assume this was prob MDPV but of course no way to be certain. I'm aware I can buy legit purity but the fact is I didn't.. i saw these the other day and am just so damn curious cause I've never tried an RC before. Anyway, I bought them and tried it the other day by itself. It was an ok buzz... only did 10mg by insufflation (i have an accurate scale) and got a little zippy buzz but nothing to write home about. Well tonight after fixing myself with two doses of mr. brownstone i decided to do 12mg (insufflation) of the salts... it actually made me sick to my stomach.. that was an hour ago... and i still feel sick. Also, kind of ruined my opiate high a bit.. it keeps toggling between feeling good and feeling kind of depressed???? It's the weirdest thing.

Any thoughts?

I thought this speedball substitute (trust me I know the real deal speedball is H/coke) was supposed to be fun?

It's a misconception that everyone will definetly nod out on heroin. Just like what captain heroin said, I also use to get stimulated after shooting dope. Now that I think about it, I only nodded out the first couple times when I didn't have a tolerance. Heroin, and other opiates, in general, usually just make me more energetic (in a good way).

Thats strange you dont catch a nod from h. Even when i was using everyday, i could catch a nod from a decent dime..dope just nods me out, i dont get energetic from it

I'm so jealous of people who can get high off of a dime, I've been shooting dope for less than a year and I have to do at LEAST a half gram just to get a rush. Then after the rush I barely even feel it, it sucks. It's not just the supplier either, because I have about 5 different ppl I can get shit from. Oh well, I guess it's about time for me to get clean anyways...

I noticed when i was with my friends, i was the most effected. Meaning i would nod hard and have a little nap, but they wouldnt get fucked up like me. They were lifelong junkies tho, so their tolerance is rediculous

I know we are talking about hard core opiates here but I'll share my experience as well.

I tend to nod off on about 25-40mg of hydro after about five hours when my tolerance is low. When my tolerance builds up the nod comes sooner. This is particularly annoying and as always I need more to get the "rush" feeling.

Shitty but thats the way the cookie crumbles

I know we are talking about hard core opiates here but I'll share my experience as well.

I tend to nod off on about 25-40mg of hydro after about five hours when my tolerance is low. When my tolerance builds up the nod comes sooner. This is particularly annoying and as always I need more to get the "rush" feeling.

Shitty but thats the way the cookie crumbles

When you say "hydro" what are you referring to? Hydrocodone? Hydromorphone?

Hydrocodone is good when I'm really sick. But, other than that for some reason, it's the one opiate that is a big dick tease to me. I always feel like I need more, no matter how much I do.

Is it normal to hear voices/music during nodding even though there is no real source for them? Or is just that the opiates mess with my bipolar disorder?

I think it's normal, happens to me too. I also get visual hallucinations. Like the other guy implied, I think it's just the dream world mixing with wakefulness.

When you are Zoning out and noding you are almost in a trance like state so it would be normal to hear and see things that arent really there. not so much hallucinations as to faint sounds

I think I've finally found the right amount for me.. being that my tolerance is ultra low (and I plan on keeping it that way... although doesn't everybody plan on that?? haha). That first time was way too much.. and it was scary. I like when the first hour or two is chill and slightly noddy (noddy = new word) and then after about 1 to 2 hours I start to nod hard.. and then I weave in and out of pleasant land.

snorting heroin - snot problem

this is gonna be a gross one, so consider yourself forewarned. I used to snort brand-name old school oxycontin and dilaudid every day, and they were very kind to my nose - everything seemed to nicely drip down my throat and I never got a "coke-nose"-like buildup of crap in there after a heavy session. I've since switched to powder heroin, snorting about a .2 bag a day. since then, I've noticed that by the end of the night, my nostrils feel kind of strange. when I stick a finger up there, there is always this small crust of tan-brown hardened snot chillin' about a quarter inch up my nostril, that is easily picked out. if I use the nostril to do a few lines, this crusty thing WILL accumulate every time. sadly enough I've tried eating these crusts once or twice and they taste verrry strongly of heroin, leading me to believe that a lot of what I'm trying to snort is accumulating and being wasted.

my questions are, is there anything I can do to prevent this? better snorting technique maybe? also, if I were to hypothetially save these snot crusts, could I plug a bunch of them (or utilize them in some other way - dissolve in water and evaporate?) to try and get something out of them?

I know this is fucking disgusting so please spare the commentary on that aspect, thanks! :)

grungeboy83, Dude, dont tell people they will puke or feel sick before they od, i have seen friends fall on their back and go into arrest before they finish pushing the plunger down. I have shot many friends with Narcan to bring them out of an od and there isnt always a warning. as a matter of fact there usually isnt.

Re: Heroin crust in nose.

Re: Heroin crust in nose. I believe you could get something out of those boogers just by dropping clean tap water into your nose if you don't let the water go down the back of your throat. Tilt your head back, drop in the water, plug your nose and then tilt your head forward while still plugging your nose. Then just let the water abosrb.

I have never done heroin but the crust you describe sounds similar to OpanaER and you can get more out of that, I would estimate up to 30% more, using the method I described. It may be common sense but I'll say it anyway, clean the dropper before each use.

I wonder if this might cause infection though. I also clean my nose out with a saline spray and blow my nose afterwards and I have never gotten any infections.

Is 250mg of heroin even worth buying?

I finally got fed up with looking for pills, I've been for the past two weeks. I don't really care about opiates but for some reason I decided I had to have something, once or twice even.
I decided to cop some H, well I will cop on Thursday. It's apparently "good quality black tar", my guess is 30-50%?
Even though I'm a very infrequent user, it takes about 100mg of Oxycodone (oral plus some snorted) to really get any sort of decent buzz going, and 150mg to really feel nice. I know this is insanely high and incredibly expensive.
Therefore, is there much point to even buy this quarter gram? I plan to smoke and sniff it (while converting to powder first). It's a lot less expensive than Oxy, but I feel like it'll be a total waste and I am not ever going back for more.

What do you guys think?

There is no question in anyone's mind that it will be a complete waste of your health, energy, time, money. Stay away, "never" is a strong word, however I do not know your willpower. Some people such as myself do not have much and have been turned into slaves. Dependence will occur sooner or later. It is inevitable and it is hell on Earth. Even one time usage will facilitate changes in neurochemistry and gene expression that are compounding and feel "permanent".

If it is 30-50% (I highly doubt it) then 250mg would be alot. When I lived in Chicago we used to get BTH some times and .1 would be enough to keep me nodding all night.

Of course back then I didn't have the tolerance I have now.. I would love to have H as an alternative down here in Florida.. the price of pills is through the roof. When I run low on my doctors supply it takes half a pay check to get enough to get me through usually heh.

If it is 30-50% (I highly doubt it) then 250mg would be alot. When I lived in Chicago we used to get BTH some times and .1 would be enough to keep me nodding all night.

Of course back then I didn't have the tolerance I have now.. I would love to have H as an alternative down here in Florida.. the price of pills is through the roof. When I run low on my doctors supply it takes half a pay check to get enough to get me through usually heh.

What do you think is realistic percentage then? And regardless, is a quarter gram of h even enough to get a good buzz?

Thanks to the person above, but I wasn't asking for that advice, only whether it'll be worth it or a giant waste.

A lot of people say that .1 of heroin is equal to about 80mg of oxycodone. A strong bag may feel like 120mg or so, and a weak bag may feel like 60mg or lower, so 80mg kinda falls in the middle there.

I imagine that is banged though compared to oral oxy. That'd make sniffed equal to about 50, or my amount, 125mg. Barely worth it. Meh. Maybe I'll get a half g instead.