• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take MS-Contin?

Im an addict, and the thought of only getting 40-50% of the drug to brain is even more scary then any other MOA.

IV and I stand by it!

LordKrishna said:
Im an addict, and the thought of only getting 40-50% of the drug to brain is even more scary then any other MOA.

IV and I stand by it!
That's why you plug it, ~90% bioavailability. I prefer plugging opiates versus IVing.

MS-Contin is such a pain in the ass. If you have a tolerance its almost impossible to get high off... I've never had much success, but I don't IV so I've never tried that prep method. Sounds dangerous though.

The only time I ever could get high off MS-Contins was popping like 3 100mg pills at a time so I'd get like 30mg every hour, after 3 hours passed I would be nodding like crazy.

I have found that if I let 45 mgs dissolve in a shot glass with some lemon juice, I can get really fucked up off of it. I mean it really knocks me on my ass. I remember the last time I did it just before a party and when I showed up I could barely maintain a conversation with people.

Later when I discovered how well a hose clamp can grind down an extended release pill, I strictly began using my MS Contins that way. I'd grind them down and rail them up my nose 30-45 milligrams at a time.

It's not quite the same high as eating them for some reason, but it definitely was a high.

And, of course, I consider myself to be an extreme lightweight compared to other forum-goers here.

Last edited:
why not just take them orally, it has a high oral bioavailability and is obviously relatively safe

sunset117 said:
why not just take them orally, it has a high oral bioavailability and is obviously relatively safe
no it doesn't, and to the person who suggested snorting MS cotton that has EVEN LESS.

with morphine IV is a almost must in order to get high without taking an insane amount. I can promise that the people who eat 100mg would be GONE from shooting as low as 35.

Iv noticed that even as low as 15mg I can get a descent rush. the rush doesn't last, but I feel it none the less.

Iv ate, snorted and plugged MS cotton and by far IVing it has been the greatest MOA.

LordKrishna said:
no it doesn't, and to the person who suggested snorting MS cotton that has EVEN LESS.

with morphine IV is a almost must in order to get high without taking an insane amount. I can promise that the people who eat 100mg would be GONE from shooting as low as 35.

Iv noticed that even as low as 15mg I can get a descent rush. the rush doesn't last, but I feel it none the less.

Iv ate, snorted and plugged MS cotton and by far IVing it has been the greatest MOA.

Yeaaa obviously IV is the best way to get all your drugs in you. However the point a lot of people here are trying to make is MSContin pills require a lot of work to even get a solution that is remotely safe to IV. Anyways someone without a tolerance definitely shouldnt IV 35mg of morphine...

morphonorconic said:
I enjoy insufflating my MSContins just fine.

I've never achieved any sort of feeling insufflating a normal dose of MSContin. It would always take a long time to kick in, eg. like time-release morphine is formulated to do. Prretty hard to get high like that unless you take a ton. Crushing the two brands that I've gotten has done pretty much nothing to affect the time-release mechanism in the pills.

What brand of MSContin do you normally get and how do you prepare them to snort? Just crush?

yall do no insufflated morphine has less bioavailability then oral.

as I said, its waste.

I wish I had known that for the first (and the only) time I had MSContin 30 mg IR. I crushed it into a fine powder and made two lines and snorted them, about 5-10 minutes later I was very high and I'm sure some of the powder had reached my stomach (drip?).

It was my best experience with opiates, but I have no tolerance. I only use Codeine now and then and used OxyContin and MSContin once. The high was great for me since I am opiate-naive still. =D

Anyway I'll eat/plug them next time I get my hands on them, didn't know the BA was that low. :)

Peace o/

the only way you will get above 60% is to slam it. any other way and youa re looking at 40-55%

Bioavailability aside, I would still rather snort MS Contin than ingest it. I've done both many times with my scripts and snorting it not only allows it to hit you faster, but it also gives you more control over the high.

If you want to get just a little higher, snort a little more. Or, if you need a quick fix but you're not sure just how much you'll need, just snort small amounts until you get there.

Ingesting MS Contin is always a gamble in terms of knowing how high you're gonna get if at all. You have to factor in whether you're on an empty stomach, if all of it is getting properly dissolved within a certain time-frame...etc.

For me, the difference in bioavailability doesn't matter so much when considering that with snorting, I'm getting a nice buzz right then and there.

I remember once I had popped 30 mgs just before a big meal. I had been taking 30mg doses for a while and it was just enough to mellow out the discomfort for which it was prescribed.

I have no idea exactly what happened to this day, but I think the food from the meal caused my stomach to flood with stomach acid, which broke the pills down almost instantly I guess.

I was extremely fucked up all of the sudden out of nowhere. I still remember sitting there at the restaurant with my friend and saying, "Holy shit, those pills just kicked in big time." I had never in my life up until that point experiened anything like that from opiates.

Again, I know I am a lightweight amongst bluelighters, so that's also something to keep in mind. But, what I am trying to say that oral ingestion, in spite of its greater bioavailability, is just too unpredictable compared to snorting.

Last edited:
Yep. I have to agree with you sponger. As for brand, I take Mallinkrodt 100s and when I want to insufflate them, I run them over a strip of hose clamp, which grinds it into a really fine powder. Thats it. However, lately I have been pre-treating my nose, so to speak, with a dietary fiber supplement called chitosan. Chitosan has been used in a number of clinical trials in conjunction with morphine for intranasal application for patients with acute pain. The goal was(is) to find a method of delivery for morphine in which the onset is rapid without diminished bioavailability. It was found that morphine, with chitosan, administered intanasally can have a bioavailability as high as 50-65%, respectively. I have found this to be true. Also the rate of success in these trials was fairly high, which leads me to believe we will most likely be seeing morphine and possibly other opiate/opioid medications in the form of nasal sprays. Search "Morphine and Chitosan" to read more about it.

I third spongers anectdotal.

I can pretty much say insufflated phine works better period. For me.

my first 3 years of the opiate world was on insufflated phine, when I crushed and ate (even with lemon juice and some of the crazier methods) it would not work. Hardly keep the sick away....and this is when I could snort 30 and be straight for a few hours.

Sigh. Snort it. Chitosan. Sigh.

I just read the tutorial on plugging ~ palmface ~
The only times I plugged I just stuck a whole pill up there, and once tried a gelcap with holes in it (both MDMA). Very strange experience, never did it again.
Never thought of the whole enema thing. Doi.

The tutorial mentioned that there is virtually no itching when plugging. Are withdrawals from plugging MS Contin any different when administered anally? Does it last longer? Or is it more of an intense high that diminishes quickly?

(^Chitosan?? Isn't that the fat absorbing shellfish stuff??)

Last edited:
yes. it has, under certain conditions, been shown to increase the bioavailability of insufflated morphine to over 50 60 percent.

IME it works but not that much. but I dont have ideal conditions either.

Are you talking about 'cutting' the morphine w/ chitosan and snorting it? Or ingesting chitosan and then snorting?

I wonder how it increases the bioavailability? Nasal abrasion?

And is MS-Contin snortable as is or does it need extra super fine crushing or something? I know that the finer the better, but is it formulated to make this difficult?

ATF said:
Are you talking about 'cutting' the morphine w/ chitosan and snorting it? Or ingesting chitosan and then snorting? I wonder how it increases the bioavailability? Nasal abrasion?And is MS-Contin snortable as is or does it need extra super fine crushing or something? I know that the finer the better, but is it formulated to make this difficult?
** Yes. First, I sniff a small amount of chitosan powder into each nostril and let it sit and do its thing for several minutes.* Then, I add about one part chitosan for every 20 parts morphine sulphate and mix it homogeneusly before insufflation. And I find that it is extremely important with time-realease morphine sulfate that it be crushed into as fine a powder as possible to avoid unnessecary delay of the delivery into your system. They say that chitosan is very bioadhesive and increases the spreading and adhering of the powder mix over the nasal membranes. It is also said that it is able to increase overall amount absorbed by the membranes by opening up otherwise inactive receptacles in which the morphine can be absorbed. So in a sense, seemingly, chitosan opens the barrier that is responsible for morphine's poor nasal absorbtion.

Last edited: