• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you take your suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of people complaining about the flavor of Suboxone. I can't help but think someone who complains about its flavor must have had a weak ass habit, because if you knew the true hell of a life of addiction, having to taste a mildly bitter lemon-live flavored life-saving tablet would be the least of your concerns.

If Reckitt Benckiser started to flavor Suboxone with my very own concentrated shit and piss, I could still care less.

And to answer the topic of this thread, I just take it sublingually. I tried snorting it once and didn't get anything out of it. I don't "enjoy" the flavor per se, but everyday I look forward to that wonderful dose of Suboxone, because without it I would have blown my head off a long time ago.
ive been saying the samething for so long. yea it tastes like shit big deal its a small potatos compared to the hell life is daily w/o.

I hate the idea of snorting anything, so that wouldn't work for me. :\

My doc's father is an anesthesiologist and was addicted to opiates for a long time, which I think is the original reason he got registered to dispense, and why he's so caring - he did give me subutex for a while when he had to prescribe me oxycontin - I have degenerative disc disease - and I admit, I shot 'em. It took, like, three 3cc syringes for each pill, but yeah. It didn't do much, tho I think that has more to do with the fact that I WAS TAKING OXYCONTIN. Duh. And of course I slammed the oxys too, I'm a junkie and always will be, and IV being my ROA of choice, I always, always give in and then hate myself for it b/c no script EVER lasts. IV you get maybe 4 hours, instead of 12 if taken properly. I have no idea why he insists on this, but he tells me anytime he has to prescribe me other opiates, to take my suboxone with it. (I think he caught on w/ the subutex, so that's history. So are the OCs, sadly.)

Right now, tho, I have been without anything for weeks, and believe me bupe w/d lasts much longer than anything else i've gone through, and I'm thinking that without anything in my system, the naloxone wouldn't do a damn thing to stop the bupe if I slammed it. I long ago realized that it was the bupe keeping me from getting anything out of other opiates, not the naloxone - that shit's out of your system in 4 hours. Confirmed by the anesthesiologist who assisted my C-section. Trust me, it's the bupe - it's like a 400-pound bouncer manning the door of the mu receptor.

However, before I ran off and loaded up a needle, I'd probably look up the BA of naloxone vs bupe through IV administration. I know it's like, nonexistent sublingually, while bupe has a high BA that route. Conversely, if you swallow the pills the BA of the *bupe* is almost nonexistent. *shrug*

I've been thinking about just coming clean w/ my doc about my needle addiction, b/c I think he'd understand. He's a fucking hippie, man - long gray ponytail, drives a Stanza, gave me his cell and pager numbers. He has twice given me a Demerol shot when I came into his office with what he calls "shake and bake" - DT's or whatever they are. AND he's never charged me for a visit. If heaven exists, he's going there when he dies.

I digress. I do that. I guess I should answer the question - I usually just put them under my tongue. It's not so bad for me, except when I was pregnant and had morning sickness from hell. I probably would shoot them if I didn't take them on a daily basis. I'd be afraid the naloxone WOULD knock me back, badly, with shit in my system.

Pls forgive long rant, or feel free to tl;dr.

IV. Usually shoot anywhere from 0.5 to 4mg, but 0.5-1mg is my regular, daily dose, to ward off any sickness.

I pop it under the tongue.

Don't wanna sound like an idiot and can't read but, u can inject suboxone ? Does it get u high differently ?

Suboxone saved my life, but now it is pretty much impossible to get a doctor who will prescribe it were i am from. All the doctors have a maximum number of patients that they are allowed to treat with it. and the doctor i use to go through wont except my insurance anymore now that i completed the "counseling stage," Of the Suboxone treatment at the Hospital. Basically they don't offer any Aftercare unless i pay this doctor cash, he said there was no way he would help me, even when i confided in him that i was scared of relapsing and i needed his help. I'm pissed now, cause i have to pay 10$ for a pill and i still get withdrawal if i don't take at least 2mg every 24 hours.

Anything non-addictive that can help me get off of these damn subs now???

Any addicts out there fighting for there right for treatment, i feel your pain.

Anything non-addictive that can help me get off of these damn subs now???

If you can get your hands on some Ultram, I've used that before. However, I took way too many and had a seizure. But that was sheer dumbassery on my part. It was like 28 pills.

I don't really understand how Ultram is or isn't an opiate or whatever, but I think (don't quote me on this) that the conversion rate is like 20mg tramadol = 30mg codeine. Or maybe I got that backwards. There are equianalgesic dosing charts all over the net, so no need to take my word for that.

Anyway, I have used it in the past to get off oxys and when I couldn't afford my bupe script. It still sucks, but it seems to touch that opiate receptor in some way and relieve the w/d a little bit. (And not that I would personally do this, but you can buy tramadol all over the interwebs from online pharmacies that actually don't seem all that shady.)

Another trick that takes a tiny bit of the edge off, is Immodium AD - it's not really an advertised factoid but Immodium is an opiate. It doesn't get you high b/c it doesn't touch those receptors, but apparently there are opioid receptors throughout your intestines too, and that's what Immodium works on. You'd have to take a lot to get relief, and it's really not going to help with the tremors and sweating, but it at least helps with the rocket-ass. I've also heard clonidine (not to be confused with Klonopin/clonazepam), which is a prescription drug I have no experience with, somehow works to calm the tremors? I know absolutely nothing about that, but you could research it.

The best you can do on your own is just try to manage the symptoms. Do you have a GP you could talk to? A sympathetic and knowledgeable one would probably know some medications you could use and prescribe them off-label, like the clonidine I mentioned above. That's what a lot of the old-school detox/rehab facilities do.

Just my two cents. Or you know, dollar twenty-five. I laugh every time I see the "Quick Reply" header - I can't write a quick reply to save my life. :\

soboxone method

I heard that someone said that snorting suboxone is more effective than sublingually. I am wonderinng if this is true and why?

I heard that someone said that snorting suboxone is more effective than sublingually. I am wonderinng if this is true and why?

I snort my subs and I do feel it works better. However, it might be a placebo effect, because I enjoy snorting pills, so in turn my body thinks it is working better when I use that ROA.

The BA% is higher when snorted, but the problem is that the subs are so big, and only have 2% active ingredient. So it's hard to determine how much bupe you are actually getting per dose.

It really just comes down to preference.

Hm, I believe I'm going to change my preferred ROA from insufflation to intravenous injection.

I was just @ answers.com and redirected here cuz everyone was saying that by injecting Suboxone would put you into instant w/d cuz of a key ingredient that Subutex doesn't have Naloxone...................what do you think?

I was just @ answers.com and redirected here cuz everyone was saying that by injecting Suboxone would put you into instant w/d cuz of a key ingredient that Subutex doesn't have Naloxone...................what do you think?

No, I've shot suboxone many times, and no withdrawls. It's not like shooting 4's or boi. It hits me in waves. So you can do it, I'd make sure it's filtered. Also keep in mind that if you miss the shot., your fucked.

Plugging works well to.

I'm so sick of people who suffer the true life of addiction that try and abuse Suboxone. 8)[/QUOTE said:
Addiction is addiction, so what do you mean by "People who suffer from True life of addiction?" Is one addiction truer than the other? I don't think so! But I do believe that it takes some people a while longer to reach the point in soberiety(sp?) that you have obviously gotten to......and congrats on that;) but I mean, you got extremely upset because a person who is obviously trying to get clean, was trying to figure out a way to get high off of their life saving medication But really, how many times have you tried to get clean and how many set backs have you had? Who are you to judge another addict because they want to find a way to get high off of their medication? Sure the medication he is using is to help rid him of a life of opiates and addiction. But in all reality, no matter what the medication is, even if it is to treat adiction................In the long run, Addiction is addiction! And like I've heard so many times before, Relapse is part of recovery, regaurdless of what the addict is using to try and get high! It takes some people a long time to realize that Suboxone is truly a life saver for opiate addicts, and sometimes it takes a very long time to get over the cravings of Opiates and getting high. Someday he will realize (on his own) that trying to get high off of Suboxone is just something that isn't going to happen if you are a long term user of Suboxone. ;)

I sniff it everytime, for the higher bioavailabilty. I don't get a script cuz I can't afford the doctors visits and costs to get them from the pharmacy so I have get them through other means. Although I am tempted to tell my parents about my addiction in order to get my own script because I am still on their insurance but it would be impossible to go to the doc on their insurance without their knowledge and I am afraid if I tell them they will flip a bitch and try to send me to rehab.

i used to IV my subutex (buprenorphine) now i sniff it most of the time....

I can't believe how long some people are put on bupe. I've detoxed myself using Suboxone, using 2 8mg pills, in like 5 days, with little to no WD symptoms. It's best used when only for a short time like that. It's ridiculous to get someone at doses of 20 mg's per day, I mean come on, that's not even necessary, I don't care how bad your habit was. Even someone who IV's 2 grams of heroin a day could wein down in 2 weeks with less than 20 mg's TOTALl.

I can't believe how long some people are put on bupe. I've detoxed myself using Suboxone, using 2 8mg pills, in like 5 days, with little to no WD symptoms. It's best used when only for a short time like that. It's ridiculous to get someone at doses of 20 mg's per day, I mean come on, that's not even necessary, I don't care how bad your habit was. Even someone who IV's 2 grams of heroin a day could wein down in 2 weeks with less than 20 mg's TOTALl.

The purpose of sub maintenance (as opposed to a sub taper) is the help people stay away from opiates for a prolonged period of time.
If I tapered using 2 8mg pills and that was it, I would be using again within less than a week probably. I have been on subs for about 3 months now and I have yet to touch another opiate.
Some people are strong enough to taper and not go back to the drugs, but there are also lots of people who aren't that strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.