• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Psilocin, Ketamine & 4-AcO-DMT - Experienced - Reflections in an Obsidian Fountain

psood0nym

Bluelighter
Psilocin, Ketamine & 4-AcO-DMT - Experienced - Reflections in an Obsidian Fountain

I tap the barrel of a Bic against the barrel of the syringe and watch the bubble dislodge from the surface of the black plunger on its mark at ~110 insulin units.

Should I do this or just go to bed? Am I just trying to escape boredom and a vague depression? Last week definitely added a new element to the repetitive but endlessly intriguing odyssey of my 4-ho-DMT (an active ingredient of Psilocybe mushrooms) and ketamine combination trips, and there’s no doubt in my mind that this is the most prolific pair of drugs I’ve ever held a telepathic trialogue with. I’ve experienced psychedelically simulated birthing and birth accompanied by symbolic and entirely automatic body movements under their direction. On two separate occasions I asked a question out loud that was immediately and unexpectedly followed by a spasm of poetic automatic speech that actually answered the questioned asked. These drugs have provided a forum for the expression of an inner non-conscious intelligence unlike anything I’ve encountered in 10 years of psychedelics use. The uniqueness and profundity of these experiences obligates me to pursue them further—though obviously some might arrive at the opposite conclusion! Anyways, I already sucked 7mg of 4-AcO-DMT into my sinuses to lay the foundation for tonight’s dose 30 minutes ago.

Enough convincing myself—I look back at the plunger, burp the barrel, get set, and go.

14mg of synthetic psilocin and 55mg of racemic ketamine sinks into my upper right thigh and spreads through my muscle like the venom of a newborn god.

I begin to feel the ketamine within 30 seconds of starting to press the plunger. I finish the syringe, take off my clothes and climb in bed. Within a couple of minutes the psilocin bites down hard. It’s just a generalized tryptamine tension at first, but by six minutes after injection it’s obvious I’m in for it.

Twice the entire field of my vision warps to the left, like the tracking on my eye screens needs tweaking—I don’t think that’s happened before. I start the approximately 50-minute playlist I’ve prepared as the soundtrack of the trip and lay back. I worry for a moment that the mild depression I started into this with might bend the wild tangent I’m planning to take out of my head irretrievably askew. But by about eight minutes in the ketamine is providing me with enough dissociative distance from the day that I can’t even recall what an vacant feeling in the chest is like.

Relief gives way to euphoria, and the euphoria breaks into tangible waves that splash moiré patterns throughout the air. These tangible waves are one of a few special signs for me. The 4-ho-DMT and ketamine combination is always extraordinary, but there have been a few times before—even on just 4-ho-DMT or 4-AcO-DMT, and to some degree independently of the dose—when my head gets especially heavy, like it is now. During the onsets of these special times, when I know I’ve invited a hidden part of myself to wake, if I walk I must do so literally hunched over, and when I close my eyes I see a vision of myself sleeping. I see myself sleeping.

When I open my eyes they feel as though they’ve been dashed with sand. This is one of the other symptoms that signify I will be entering a certain unmistakable “realm” during a 4-ho-DMT and ketamine trip. Sleep tingles spider walk across the roof of my mouth and down my throat (I always think I have a hair in my mouth), and sand continues to fall into my eyes. My corneas subsequently feel as though they’ve lost their pressure, like the soggy skins of deflated grapes.

From the beaches of my eyes, between their green shores and the ceiling lamp, I see a sea of spiritual substance. I don’t even believe in the existence of an incorporeal soul, but I’m soaked in soul substance. I am the substance.

I reach out shakily and run my hand in a wide arc, sweeping the surface of the spectral waters. As I wave my hand back and forth, I’m suddenly jarred to feel myself hurled up into the barrel of the resulting wave! I tumble for a moment and come crashing down into an abyss of memory.

My feet slip out from under me as I loose traction and fall. I grasp frantically at an exposed root while stumbling down the eroding sands of an island arroyo.

I’m confused. This has happened before during a camping trip. It is exactly that memory from two years ago! The re-experience of the event is utterly transporting, and its immediacy is alarming.

I’m startled out of the vision and back into my bed. For a moment I’m confused that I should even find myself lying here. Thrilled at the barefaced physicality of my amplified memories, I take a ravenous draft from what I understand is the very life water of sentience, in whose translucent juts and jags I now find myself afloat.

I clumsily scoop the air of my bedroom with my hand and throw it back into my face, or perhaps this act itself is part of the vision, I cannot tell. The “water” is sharp and icy cold as it pelts my skin.

I’ve fallen again, this time into two-foot-deep Wyoming powder from when I was on a ski trip four weeks ago. I look up in a daze. The sun on the mountain is bright and I must cover my eyes, and as my hand eclipses the sun I find myself returned again to the darkness of my bedroom.

I pause to consider my situation and feel a sense of great caution. I worry that I’m splashing around in some erstwhile hidden reflecting pool of my life. Until now its still image has been held undisturbed in somber reverence, long framed by the contours of this deep well of self—and here I am being reckless.

No sooner does this notion enter my mind than an ominous bubble is felt freeing itself from the water’s depths. It bends my vision across its gurgling surface as it rises up through me. I feel distorted and sick as the bubble passes through my chest and up through my head.

I need to stop moving if I’m to regain composure. I literally cross my arms and hold them in place, sarcophagus-like, allowing myself to slowly sink below the surface. With every second of my descent my awareness of my bedroom grows further obfuscated by the dark leagues of distance now looming above me. Dimmed dreams of staircases—permanent fixtures in the architecture of my sleep—are vividly visible now in the contrasts of the deep. The stairs appear in a succession of memories of past dreams. Many of these memories are from dreams I only now, for the first time, remember are from dreams I’ve even ever had. It’s strange to remember something both never known and so long past for the first time; it’s so ephemeral and distant, yet in this state I recognize both their content and their status as departed dreams clearly and in context. They’ve been here, sunken in the well. And now they’ve spliced themselves into a spiraling route I feel I could take forever downward.

But the descent ends. The experiential distortion first broadcast from the wake of the “bubble” finally stills and its contours sharpen, its warp and woof pulled taught now, as smooth and subdued as black glass. The well is dark except for the slow roil of a fast-diminishing fountain at the water’s surface, which appears to me now framed at the center of a vision.

The fountain too, finally bubbles down and stops, and for a moment everything is dark and still. I feel suspended in a timeless quiet, skating across black glass through life unaware…

The silence is disturbed by a portentous shift somewhere in the impossibly deep space of my chest. There’s something unbearable there. Elemental. It’s been loosed by a tectonic shift and can’t be contained. I recognize in a furry of alarm and self-estrangement that these terrible vibrations are in fact the first pounds of an awakening heart. Its power is tangible and growing. I can’t place its location, but I know it’s nearing me. I can almost feel my teeth rattle as the quake bounds through my chest, hurtling my ribs on its path to face me.

I wrench my attention back into the blackness, to the grave of the dying fountain. An awesome force is condensing there. I don’t understand it entirely, but I know that what is forming there is the very substance of my life.

Then, propelled by an unfathomable energy, a tendril composed from the well water itself heaves upright through the darkness.

It’s presence is magisterial, and its vigor absolute. I don’t see it. It isn’t an image. It is an experiential meta-form: I feel my whole life tearing through its veins, it flexes my experiences in its muscles and its skin is composed of the moods and textures of my past.
It shifts shape and grows with fierce power and precision, redrawing vast swaths of both my recent and childhood memories every time it billows outward. The exactitude of its violence is sublime. The growth pangs of its ecstasy threaten to burst my skin.

“Self constructor,” I hear myself gasp out loud as tears flow past my ears and blot the pillow.

From here I find myself pulsing through the veins of the tendril, hurled through various channels of my life’s experience with a speed exceeding some definite but unknown limit. But I never feel confined to just one channel. It’s as though I am looking into a single facet of a prism, with my immediate experience playing out in the largest and most central frame of the kaleidoscopic scene but with innumerable other experiences of my life felt flitting like flames around its edges. Everything is so present, so clear.

Like before, when the memory of falling and gripping the root on the island during a summer kayaking trip was followed subsequently by falling from my skis and into snow, the channels of my memories remain networked through associationistic nodes.

A string of prayer flags snapping in the wind over a Nepalese mountain expanse becomes psychedelically spliced into the cable line of a tramcar leading down from Rio de Janeiro’s Sugar Loaf peak. A tunnel maze beneath the floor at Chuck E. Cheese’s I crawled through during a childhood friend’s birthday party opens out into a blizzard-battered night framed by the mouth of a snow tunnel dug out at age nine along my parent’s street.

I travel between waking life memories and memories of dreams thought forgotten forever with equal facility. In this world constructed of life experiences and held together by associations, dreams bear loads as heavy as those from waking life.

And I’ve dreamt of this moment, this experience itself, too, vaguely even as a child. I’ve harbored a desire only brushed against at the far edge of those callow dreams, which I thought impossible to sate: to clothe myself in any texture of experience at will, to sink into its tangible moods, and to tumble through life’s wardrobe naked and laughing. A ridiculous dream, but here I am triumphant in spite of it, laughing.

Through all of this my body contorts beyond my control in strange and symbolic ways that seem integral to the experience. My head cranks up and to the left and I careen down through a trap door into a forgotten phantasmagoric nightmare. My right arm flicks like a switch in quick angular movements as I vacillate in my choice of routes through the phenomenal labyrinth.

Periodically my knees will draw up to my chest and my back will arch sharply. My neck cranes back and my face contorts into the expression of a wailing infant. As it has during certain heavy experiences with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-ho-DMT in the past, this episode ends with me choking in a fully tangible pool of warm amniotic fluid.

Whether this is a relived memory of my birth or entirely a hallucination I don’t know, but I actually feel the wetness (and always worry that in reality I’ve pissed myself!) Symbolic body movements accompanied by visions of giving birth to, and being born from, myself have been a constant in this union with my unconscious mind since the second time it happened—an extremely disconcerting event at the time*. This however, is the most complete and astounding of the six re-birthing episodes I’ve gone through, all courtesy of 4-AcO-DMT or 4-ho-DMT—but not from any of the many other powerful psychedelics I’ve used during this time.

From this position on my back, my legs swing upward forming a “< >” shape, similar to a spider’s rear legs as it descends from is web, which is the vision present to me now. My feet bend inward and my toes point toward each other, and I start to feel the sides of my feet brush past one another on alternate sides as my legs swing at my hip joints and move like the blades of a scissors. I feel them sewing some warm visceral substance as they move in this kind of quick repetitive pinching motion.

My arms begin a kind of angular dance, and I have a vision of myself in the skunkworks of a vast mandala, as the central operator of a process I generate but do not understand. Every movement, as I perform it—as symbolized by the content of the mandala vision—is seen as integrated into the mechanics of the conscious experience of the movement itself. Though the limb movements feel integral and functional to the happenings of the vision, I conclude they are made only as communicative and symbolic gestures, as I have to doubt that amputation would excise the essence of such a core experience.

I next begin to feel mild electric jolts at my hips. The sensation alternates between my left and right hip every second or two and my whole field of vision bounces between the jolts. It takes me a moment to realize what’s going on and look down toward the foot of the bed for confirmation. I’m walking! Or rather my legs are making the motion of stepping out onto and walking on some invisible surface that runs perpendicularly to the mattress and extends up toward the ceiling. Every second or two my heels send reverberations through the box spring as they batter down on the sheets, sending waves traveling through my line of sight.

I cannot recall the circumstances of the trip’s narrative that led to the walking motion. There was simply too much going on to keep track of. I resolve to pay special attention to see if I can’t find out what exactly happened in the visions to initiate it next time, if anything did at all.

At this point David Lynch slinks his way into my mind. I recall the only clue he gave to the audience for understanding his film at the premier of “Inland Empire.”

Lynch recites from the Aitareya Upanishad: “We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream.”

With every step across the network I myself have woven my spider’s foot plucks the threads, sending out reverberations and shaking sticky moods from the web that transduce into the chords of melodies whose progressions I can only track because I’ve lived them.

A memory so simple as exiting work and retrieving a snack from my car a week ago I discover to have its own “mood”—a seemingly pre-linguistic, pre-imageable feeling that is absolutely unique and precisely this-event-in-my-life’s own. I’m not certain whether this mood or impression or atmosphere—or whatever—is a gestalt of the sensory experiences that compose the memory, if it is truly primary to those sensory experiences, or if it even makes sense to make such distinctions. I only know my bewilderment is beautiful.

No sooner have I started to come to grips with the new episodes of the trip than an orange light soaks though my eyelids and drenches the visions with an eerie hue. Though I still feel the press of the mattress at my back, I have a strong sense of having come into a new space. The light seems very real, and I expect to see the kitchen light on as I open my eyes. The only visible light is from the nightlight that shines the way to the bathroom, but that lays in broken green shards scattered against the wall.

The kitchen switch has not been flicked, but the light is not just another ornament of the visions either. With my eyes open, a warm orange glow illuminates the wall directly to my right from a source that appears to be behind my eyes or below the bed. But I feel momentarily paralyzed and cannot sit up to turn around.

I experienced this light for the first time one week ago during my last 4-ho-DMT and ketamine trip. It is another fantastic new addition to these journeys, and it is the main reason I am using the drugs again so soon (I’m usually a once a month person.) It’s a truly unique phenomenon in my more than a decade of psychedelic visual experiences, and has a character quite unlike other open eye visuals, which for the most part have always bored me. But it will remain mysterious. The light fades and does not return.

I continue to writhe in a kind of searing ecstasy that would probably look like agony to any in witness as the playlist begins its third repetition. I had forgotten I was listening to music at all.

This has been going on for nearly two hours, about double the duration of my usual intramuscular ketamine and 4-ho-DMT trips. Though the doses of each were at least 10 percent higher than usual, that alone cannot account for this radical extension of time. It must be due to insufflating the longer lasting 4-AcO-DMT beforehand. I’ll have to remember that.

Knowing that, at two-and-a-half hours past injection, it will be ending soon, I predictably begin to plead with “you,” the unseen force I imagine is somehow me and is orchestrating the experience. .

“How can I find my way back?” I ask desperately, secretly hoping I’ll somehow be granted a course I can follow through the landscapes of future dreams and hypnagogic visions.

But of course there’s no answer. That is fine. I am grateful for what I was shown: a higher self that spins the threads of the very life I walk upon and the web of memory and mood that gives that life shape, performing its sacred work in the nidus of a deeper heart.

To have re-lived my past through the eyes of this higher self confirms its secret presence even in my youth, and all but guarantees its witness to my future. It has been with me since early on and will always be.

It is indeed heartening to my faith to have worn the hands that shape my life as gloves, to have gathered the forever-flow of mental magma and shaped it as it hardens into an obsidian sculpture of my life at this one point in time. I look on that sculpture now with reverence and satisfaction, and bask in the warmth of its radiance as it cools into the black glass that reflects everything and nothing at all.

As I return to sobriety the warmth leaves me and my faith begins to dissipate. The exact details of my visions slip away, but the memory of the strange movements that seized my body remain in focus. These automatic movements are very intriguing.

I consider the idea that my belief that the movements have some kind of psychospiritual function or meaning is fallacious—that in my interpretation of the events I’ve been playing sobriety’s old game even after the deck has been shuffled and new cards have been dealt by the drugs.

That may be, but whatever speculative meaning I assign to the subtleties of these movements, one thing is for certain: they aren’t wholly mistakes. This is no Thorazine shuffle or degenerating dopamine axon terminal twist. These aren’t the stereotyped movements of a drug-simulated disorder, and their furtive flexions will not be found diagramed in the steps to any dance of chance. A diverse repertoire of repeated, rhythmic, symbolic, and well-orchestrated body movements that enact themselves without conscious direction is not something that manifests itself in error or that I can dismiss with a shrug. Whatever the characters and details of its plot, there is a deeper story here. I’ll read on.

* I hadn’t read of Grof’s “re-birthing” sessions with his LSD patients in the 60s at this time. It was a great relief to me when I did a few months later. To this day I believe that if I had not had the experience myself I would have probably dismissed Grof’s work entirely as an unlikely amalgam of hypnotic psychedelic trance and psychoanalytic suggestion. It was good to see at least some of what I experienced had been recorded before. I was so disconcerted when it happened because I had never heard of anything like this and thought that I had broken down a barrier important to my safety and sanity. I considered that automatic movements might continue beyond the length of the trip, or even occur spontaneously while driving. Thankfully, they’ve remained confined to psychedelic experiences.

substancecode_4hodmt
substancecode_4acodmt
substancecode_ketamine
substancecode_tryptamines
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_veryexperienced
roacode_nasal
roacode_im
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
_combo_

Last edited by a moderator:
That was an incredible report, dude! That was very intriguing, indeed... probably my favorite of yours, and that says a lot! You turn prose into poetry. Thank you for sharing. :)

You make it to that special place we're all looking for, all hoping for, and you bring back gems. Not to be offensive in my repetitiveness, but, you have a very clear gift. Thank you.

That was an amazing report. So easy to read/get a grip on what you're saying. 4-AcO-DMT scares me... its the one psychadelic drug that I've tried and had a 'bad trip' on. I think its the element of losing control that I dislike, and it feels like the 4-AcO-DMT totally takes away any control I might have.

I think you have an incredibly strong mind!

Thanks for that amazing report. A real pleasure to read, and vividly portrayed.
I completely agree about the bodily movements being non accidental. It is almost as though there is some sacred geometry at work within the body, and the dynamic of the experience can be directed through the pattern of movement.
You have a real gift for writing about this kind of experience and a compelling style. All the best - Peace- PippUK

That sent chills down my spine all the way through... so exquisitely articulated.

"...spreads through my muscle like the venom of a newborn god." 8o Absolutely electric! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you all for the courteous replies. I know a lot of people open a post like this, see the length, and then slam the thread closed in terror. I’m glad you found it worth your time.

The other thing that I find intriguing about the automatic body movement experience, which I mentioned but didn’t really elaborate on, is that it seems partially independent of dose. In other words if dose X during one trip results in the movements, dose X+1 the next time in the same setting doesn’t guarantee a repeat experience. Since it happened the first time probably 30 percent of comparable dose and setting 4-ho/AcO-DMT trips have resulted in the motions.

One time I mixed 4-AcO-DMT and 4-ho-DMT--both insufflated and without the addition of ketamine--and watched the 3 hour Inland Empire film I referenced in the report. After over 3 hours of tripping, and while the effects were clearly in decline, suddenly my head and limbs grew so heavy that I almost couldn’t lift them, and the automatic body movements ensued. That was only the second time I experienced the birthing motions, the first being from a combo of 4-AcO-DMT and aMT.

The next day I felt urges to position my body in the “birthing” position for hours on end while entirely sober (I was fully in control however.) Responding to the feelings, that night I injected 4-ho-DMT and, sure enough, it happened again, but only for about 15 minutes, almost as though my body needed to “finish” something.

I feel intramuscular injection is the route most likely to cause these effects, and that ketamine both helps catalyze and clarify the experience. Not many people have 4-ho-DMT, but 4-AcO-DMT is more widely available and it is effective. Mushrooms might cause it for me too, but I’ve never experience it from an oral dose alone.

I’ve heard of experiences of biological rebirth in Grof’s reports from the 60’s, and I’ve heard of people who start dancing on psychedelics, where they feel that the dance continues without their input. I’ve also head of unorganized “ideomotor” movements and unintelligible glossolalia or neologisms from resulting from psychedelics. If anyone knows of or can cite some record of organized symbolic automatic body movements or intelligible and responsive automatic speech caused by the use of psychedelics, such as the types I referenced in the report, I’d be grateful to know about it.

when i center myself and focus, i can see particular paths and movements which my body 'wants' to do.

i realized this 'phenomenon' originally through my practices with the san pedro cactus. and have further solidified my understanding of this through daoist practices.

for me, these movements are essentially stretches, but some of them involve very little noticable movement. when the physical motions become more intense, it winds up looking something like tai chi (which i have no prior practice with) or some type of shamanic dance.

however, if i start to consciously analyze the movments while performing them i will easily lose the 'pathway' of the movement.

through this practice of 'seeing where my body wants to move' and 'allowing my natural movements to flow' i have had benefited immensely. not only does following my natural pathways aid in my meditative and shamanic practices by centering me and slowing my thought speed (zen-like), but also physically i have been helped greatly through realignment of my vertebrae and loosening of my joints. (or realigning of the chakras and opening chi paths for you eastern philos fans)

from what i've gathered, these pathways, are where my body wants to move due to natural equilibrium properties and homeostasis. because my body is not free of tension and is not perfectly aligned, my body seeks equilibrium through progressing towards such. so when i meditate, or consciously forget everything, i can see where i 'should' go physically, to promote balance and equilibrium.

the cactus also showed this same effect with less physical paths, in terms of the path i, as a person, am walking down. and how i can metaphorically 'change paths' or 'switch destinies' by very precise yet very subtle movements or changes in how i act as a person and interact as a person.

sorry if this seems off topic, but i think it does relate.

what i'm getting at involving your experience is that, maybe when you were completely tranced out on the psyhedelics, where your body 'wanted to go' (for either physically or mentally specific implications) became where your body did move to, simply because you were not consciously planning or interfering with your 'natural rhythmic, progressive movements'.

specifically when you mention holding your arms over your chest in a sarcophacaus-like (sp) pattern, you may have 'naturally' or subconsciously planned that as a means of portraying a 'death-like' experience. or later, when you say your back arched and you made a contorted face similar to a birthing infant or somthing like that, you may have subconsciouly planned those movements to portray birthing or invoke rememberance of birthing to your conscious considerations.

:) who knows :)

Thanks for your input thoughsUnThought. The only body symbolism I'm absolutely sure of is that associated with birthing and birth. The arm movements did resemble those of a recumbent tai chi, similar to what you said, but I'm entirely in the dark about their meaning beyond the few clues that accompanied them in the visions and the vague impression they left me with. I'll keep some of your suggestions in mind, along with a few of my own ideas, the next time I repeat this dose.

Beautiful report my friend.

The layers and texture of your writing style provide such a clear sense of the experience ... there are very, very few reports that convey that level of depth with such lucidity.

My favorite part:

"Then, propelled by an unfathomable energy, a tendril composed from the well water itself heaves upright through the darkness.

It’s presence is magisterial, and its vigor absolute. I don’t see it. It isn’t an image. It is an experiential meta-form: I feel my whole life tearing through its veins, it flexes my experiences in its muscles and its skin is composed of the moods and textures of my past. It shifts shape and grows with fierce power and precision, redrawing vast swaths of both my recent and childhood memories every time it billows outward. The exactitude of its violence is sublime. The growth pangs of its ecstasy threaten to burst my skin."

BTW, if you have time, I'd like to hear your input in my thread in the P&S forum.

<3

Dondante

p.s. I've been thinking about the body movements, but haven't stumbled upon any sufficient explanations yet.

Psoodonym said:
I’ve harbored a desire only brushed against at the far edge of those callow dreams, which I thought impossible to sate: to clothe myself in any texture of experience at will, to sink into its tangible moods, and to tumble through life’s wardrobe naked and laughing. A ridiculous dream, but here I am triumphant in spite of it, laughing.

The statement, "to tumble through life's wardrobe naked and laughing," came to me tonight after returning from an IV DMT/Ketamine trip, or as I coined it under the influence, "the elixir of life".

I'm still very much under the influence and also very much in awe of the capability of this combo to transmute to my fragile consciousness into such sublimity. I literally felt as if I were tumbling through life's wardrobe. From an experential flash of a childhood memory to the realization of being buried beneath and integrated into a great oak tree, my experience morphed through thousands of memories and textures. The entire experience was exquisitely vivid ... words barely scratch the surface of what transpired.

I have tried many, but the IV DMT/ket combo is absolutely unparalleled.

<3

Edit:

Drug regimen
50 mg IM Ketamine
IV #1: 12 mg DMT/5 mg Ket
IV #2: 20 mg DMT/8 mg Ket
IV #3: 20 mg DMT/8 mg Ket
IV #4: 25 mg DMT/10 mg Ket

Each shot was spaced roughly 20 minutes apart, and each time my mind returned to a recognizable brand of consciousness at roughly T+0:10. Within ten seconds of depressing the plunger, I was forced to lie back, thereby ducking into a realm of expanding and collapsing corridors of the most brilliantly elaborate architecture. I was reminded of a particular Escher print, bearing the impossible perspectives of each mental frame (link below). Each moment carried its own signature associations, whether it was recognition of a long-forgotten smell or a familiar word carving itself out of the enigmatic, putty-like walls of my mind. I was twisted and ground through razor-sharp gears, slicing me into a thousand pieces, only to be integrated and reformed a thousand times more. Chutes and impossible tunnels whisked me through the endless cerebral labyrinth. I distinguished parts of myself, my own memories, including past dreams and obscure textures in the very walls of these corridors. I recall opening my eyes in the middle of the experience a few times, only to find that the room had been rendered unrecognizable. I was stranded in an ocean of faces and beings, which flowered from the walls and ceiling.

The return to “baseline” usually occurred abruptly with a deep inhalation and a sudden familiarity of the room in which I had begun. More than once, with this inhalation, I felt that life had been breathed back into me. With a gasp, I had been reborn from the depths of my DMT journey.

I believe the ketamine was extremely useful in that it both removed the element of fear and opened up dream-like associative processes in the otherwise chaotic nightmare of IV DMT. Note: I also found that the use of LSD as a launch pad creates a seamless transition and reduces the chaotic nature of DMT.

I've never tried IM 4-xx-DMT with ketamine, but my curiosity is certainly piqued after last night.

http://darkdiamond.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/other_world.jpg

Last edited:
^The parallels between our experiences are striking, right down to the projection of experiential textures into "external" structures. For me, this effect was most prominent during one DPT and ketamine IM combo experience of mine:
At times, I sensed my body was splayed open, my viscera plated as texture maps over fluctuating phenomenal fields. When I looked at the corner of my bedroom it seemed to enclose its own distinct emotional atmosphere. Following this, I closed my eyes and saw a representation of my face constructed from the orthogonal angles and shadows of that meeting of wall and ceiling—I felt its “mood,” my own subjective experience of what that corner means to me, extended in space and incorporated into the angular aesthetic of the vision of my face. That night my ego painted the walls, selecting colors from a swatch personalized to my palette.
I've IM'd DMT with IM ketamine, too. It's definitely more "rough and tumble" than with psilocin. The irresistible force of DMT really comes across in your description. Compare the following two quotes--the first is yours, the second is mine from a past post:

I was twisted and ground through razor-sharp gears, slicing me into a thousand pieces, only to be integrated and reformed a thousand times more. Chutes and impossible tunnels whisked me through the endless cerebral labyrinth as I tumbled through life’s wardrobe.
As soon as I am minimally able to I prepare ~40mg of DMT and another 25mg of ketamine for injection. I hope that by approaching the experience from a different perceptual angle this time I can see SOMETHING.

It begins promisingly. The largely involuntary idiomotor movements don’t seem to be coming back, perhaps, I think, I can maintain perspective if my body is not in the thrall of the experience. Then, in the course of a few seconds, I’m gripped in the coils of the DMT-steel-constrictor, its brilliant razor scales shredding me into bloody rivers of sensation, each following its own torturous course forever away from understanding or any bearing of coherent perception.

I really wish I had the dexterity to IV DMT and ketamine during an IM ketamine and psilocin session. That would be truly extraordinary. Anyways, I'm happy for you Dondante. Your post really sent me back into those outré dreams.

Last edited:
^Thanks, I appreciate that.

Dondante, I thought of some further similarities between our experiences. Your sense of the "medium" within which your experienced occurred as being an "elixir of life" is nearly synonymous with some of my other descriptions in the report. For instance, "I’m soaked in soul substance. I am the substance;" "An awesome force is condensing there. I don’t understand it entirely, but I know that what is forming there is the very substance of my life [in reference to a "fountain," a term with its own associations with elixirs of life];" and, "this episode ends with me choking in a fully tangible pool of warm amniotic fluid."

It seems all of these descriptions call up sensations of being immersed in vital, prolific liquids. Come to think of it, I've had this impression in subsequent experiences, too. I just ran a search for an old post I made after an aMT/DPT experience this last spring. Part of it reads, "I had a somatic hallucination of my chest overflowing with a warm and vaguely viscous fluid whose nature struck me overwhelmingly as being seminal." It may be worth noting that this particular "seminal" somantic hallucination type, which I've encountered numerous times now, was never encountered until after experiencing the 4-AcO/ho-DMT mediated "birthing" phenomenon (w/o K) I refer to in the report above. Now that you seem to have experienced something similar, I wonder if you'll encounter it now in your own subsequent trips. It is interesting to entertain the possibility that we've both happened across something deep, perhaps universal to some extent, which the subconscious - instinctively? - signifies using an array of related, essentially natural symbols and bodily impressions.

Hi! Your article is very informative. I am new to this forum and I am learning too much. Cool posts! I hope that you could reply more so that I could have an idea of your responses to the topic. thanks.

Reflexiones Cristianas

This is one of the very best, most immersive, and compelling "trip reports" I have read, in years of reading. Belated thank yous psood0nym - you provide a vicarious experience like no other. :)

By the way, do you still experience the automatic movements? I was wondering something whilst reading your comments. I was wondering if the event of consciously recognizing your movements suddenly gave you control over them, much like how when you realize you are dreaming, you can direct where you want to go and how you manifest the dream reality, to a certain extent.

I'd also like to add that I have experienced Grof's past-life phenomenon (before I had read of his work in this area), but not the re-living of the birthing process, something which I one day hope to. It sounds like you are touching upon that birth matrix again and again, perhaps from different contextual angles, but all involving the same process. It's fascinating that you point out the process of being the one giving birth and the one being born; it points a clue towards a way of viewing the pre-disconnected state of existence.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people open a post like this, see the length, and then slam the thread closed in terror. I’m glad you found it worth your time.
Guilty on previous occasions, but blown away now that I've taken the time to read the while thing. Seriously mate, congratulations, this is really a very very good trip report. I don't really know what else to say. Bravo.

Interesting this got bumped twice, once by a spambot and again today. Though the account is three years old, I'd like to also compliment your fluency and brilliant grasp of prose. Once again I'm gripped at certain descriptions we've talked about before...

And I’ve dreamt of this moment, this experience itself, too, vaguely even as a child. I’ve harbored a desire only brushed against at the far edge of those callow dreams, which I thought impossible to sate: to clothe myself in any texture of experience at will, to sink into its tangible moods, and to tumble through life’s wardrobe naked and laughing. A ridiculous dream, but here I am triumphant in spite of it, laughing.

A memory so simple as exiting work and retrieving a snack from my car a week ago I discover to have its own “mood”—a seemingly pre-linguistic, pre-imageable feeling that is absolutely unique and precisely this-event-in-my-life’s own. I’m not certain whether this mood or impression or atmosphere—or whatever—is a gestalt of the sensory experiences that compose the memory, if it is truly primary to those sensory experiences, or if it even makes sense to make such distinctions. I only know my bewilderment is beautiful.

To have re-lived my past through the eyes of this higher self confirms its secret presence even in my youth, and all but guarantees its witness to my future. It has been with me since early on and will always be.

It's the closest thing I, also a non-believer, could describe to feeling faith.

Absolutely astonishing. I've spending HOURS every day reading through page after page of trip reports and this one is extraordinary. Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did.