• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone here have success kicking crack addiction?

CloudyHazeD

Bluelighter
How did you do it?

Did you go to rehab or therapy and did that really help if so?

I've been on this fucking merry go round cycle of being clean for a few weeks and then coming back to it.

It's driving me insane. It's hurting my family. I've lost most of my friends that don't use the stuff. Why the fuck do I keep coming back to it?!

This past weekend, I had absolutely NO intention of using. I went out, bought my mom something for mothers day and then went to go get myself a bag of weed. Well, while waiting for the weed a crackhead acquaintance stops by out of the blue. I just did not have the strength to say no when offered a hit. Why? What the fuck?

Well, from there it was like no turning off that fucking pull, that urge, that need to keep high. So I blow through all they money in my pocket ($200). From there I take more money out( $80 per run)......before I know it the time is 4am Monday.(started Saturday afternoon) Fuck. Bank account is negative $1500. Missed mothers day. Missed work Monday and slept.

Now I'm left feeling like shit, filled with guilt.....trying hard to pick up the pieces.

I have to figure out what the fuck I'm going to do. How am I going to get the fuck off this ride?

I can't just move far away (my job won't allow that.......) I try to avoid all the people that trigger this sort of behavior in me.........but they seem to seek me out(gee could it be cause I'm the dolt whom spends the cash)/.......

For now, I'm just going to stay with family and not go anywhere near any of these fucking crackheads........ but I can't hide forever.....

I know the urge will hit again.......how can I be strong enough to beat it?

sorry to hear what happened .

eventually you will start to hate it i hope.

good luck and be strong .

detox and go to na/aa ... i know many who have kicked and are clean who followed that route. It works if you work it

A 28-day rehab, AA, and alot of hard work did the trick for me. I know that I could not break out of the cycle if I had not gone to a safe place for a month.

FC

ive noticed that the hardest part of the addiction is not the actual drug but the friends who u did it with. I wake up in the morning without any urge or thought to smoke weed but when a friend offers it to me its impossible to say no. Tell them, all them, that ur planning to stop using. Make it your mission to prove to them that you will stop. If they still offer it to you then they are not a friend. Look at how much money you wasted. Look at your life. Your smoking crack. Does that not scare you? Next time your offered a hit or get the urge run, just run away or your life will end.

I got to the point where i didnt want to die. i was terrified of the places i was in, and scared of the high. i mean how high does a human being need to get? i kept begging god not to let my heart pound through my chest so i could have a second chance.

i go sober for long periods as well, but i have hit the skids because i didnt fix the shit i needed to by going to therapy. so my sober time is always wasted, or not used to its potential. i have the same problems that fester and make me want to commit suicide. im confident im going to fix this again tho, as i have the desire to.

have i ever kicked crack addiction? no
ive kicked meth addiction, opiate addiction and weed addiction.....and a mild emotional reliance on psychedelics
cracks sposed to b a hard one so ive heard - if it was in my country id probly hav tried it and wud hav got hooked cos it sounds like an improved version of meth
wat do i recommend u do?
ppl hav already given u the best advice - it sounds like u need rehab (possibly detox first), therapy, id recommend NA
at rehab and 12-step fellowships u will meet new contacts
as far as the others go, delete them from ur life
if they get in touch with u dont even acknowledge them - u come first, if u want to get clean
if u keep going this way u will end up either dead or in jail - this is serious!
if u cant stay clean by urself then u nd to take the above suggestions
immerse urself in activities u enjoy (other than crack) and cling on to all the clean relationships u hav
gd luck and hang in there <3

Thank you for all the advice guys.

I plan on staying with close family for the next month and just not going 'out' with the exception of work.

I'm going to use this month to start back on an exercise plan, get a healthy diet back on track, get back into meditation to get my head straight......

After one month I think I'll be able to evaluate if progress is made or if I will need to go seek professional help.

ultiman-thats one of the hardest things about getting and staying clean, you HAVE to change all of your friends and hangouts pretty much....when i got clean i abandoned everyone for about a year and now only associate rarely wit a few of my old using buddies eventhough they claim they are clean...i dont really ever go out to bars or clubs anymore and the same goes for parties..i willgo to them but not nearly as often as i used to..a complete lifestyle change is hard to do but imo necessary if ya qwanna get clean..

yeah it just gets to the point where you hate the drug, you hate the high. You have the reach that point where you really want to change, and you want to have a different life, a better life.

For me, the real difference and way for me to change things was to delete all users numbers from my phone and stop associating with them. If no one is around to offer it to you, you will be less tempted to take that first hit and then binge.

If you have friends who smoke, let them know you are quitting and if they don't support you then you cannot be around them. Odds are they are not going to change bc you are so you will need to cut them out of your life and make new friends who don't do hard drugs.

You may need to change your social circle, or get back with friends who you used to hang out with before you got into crack. I know I lost a lot of friends when I got on the pipe, I had cut out everyone except my fellow crackheads. So when I quit I called up all my good friends and they were happy to have me back. THat's when you know who your real friends are.

If you are really struggling, which you probably will in the beginning (psychologically anyway) maybe go to an NA meeting, I hear they help a lot. It's mostly about keeping yourself occupied so that you don't think about going out and copping, keeping yourself doing productive things and then you have something to show for in your life besides self-destruction.

I'm not gonna lie, the nights are the worst. I had user dreams for months, and I would wake up holding my breath like I was holding in a huge blast, and those mornings are when I would really sit and think about emptying out my bank account. But by that time my connects were all gone and I was lucky to have those numbers deleted. That's when you call up a friend immediately and just get in their prescence, tell them they can't let you go buy shit.

It doesn't get better right away, but gradually it gets better. I don't think about it at all until I know its around. If it was in front of my face or I knew I could buy it right away I would probably do it. But I don't put myself in that position, so I've been clean for two years (minus one slip up)

pm me any time

pilldout said:
. . . I had user dreams for months, and I would wake up holding my breath like I was holding in a huge blast, and those mornings are when I would really sit and think about emptying out my bank account. But by that time my connects were all gone and I was lucky to have those numbers deleted. That's when you call up a friend immediately and just get in their prescence, tell them they can't let you go buy shit.

It doesn't get better right away, but gradually it gets better. I don't think about it at all until I know its around. If it was in front of my face or I knew I could buy it right away I would probably do it. But I don't put myself in that position, so I've been clean for two years (minus one slip up)

QTF.

FC (also clean for 2 years minus one slip up);)

pilldout said:
You may need to change your social circle, or get back with friends who you used to hang out with before you got into crack. I know I lost a lot of friends when I got on the pipe, I had cut out everyone except my fellow crackheads. So when I quit I called up all my good friends and they were happy to have me back. THat's when you know who your real friends are.

So far I've deleted all (crack related)contacts in my phone. Also set the phone so only certain numbers of my choice can even call in.

Been contacting a handful of pre-crack friends and most of them were very happy to hear from me.

Also, seems strange really, how many of them have kids now or got married! It's like "Wow, I missed allot of stuff".

So, lots of catching up to do.

Time to move one.......and I truly feel ready now. Certainly am very sick of the drug and the hellish cycle of use that I fell into.

(although I've said that before in the past) I HAVE TO DO THIS and I WILL :D

Thanks again for the positive advice people!

^wow, ur making some really gd moves, cloudy
i hope it all works out for u
getting in touch with those old friends will have inspired u even if it made u a bit sad to see wat their lives r like now
u can have a life like that oneday too if u can just stay clean!

I Use Heroin a very long Time, maybe 22 Years,
then i start to smoke Crack.
This Stuff harm me more than the Opioids.
Now i am clean since 5 Years,
but i have (past sense Had?) to leave my Hometown and start absolutely new.
In the firs Month i use Akupunktur, after the NADA-Protocol,
this are only 5 Needles and i have made good experiences!
It is very cheap!

And there is a Life behind all this stupid Things, trust me.

Ultiman said:
ive noticed that the hardest part of the addiction is not the actual drug but the friends who u did it with. I wake up in the morning without any urge or thought to smoke weed but when a friend offers it to me its impossible to say no. Tell them, all them, that ur planning to stop using. Make it your mission to prove to them that you will stop. If they still offer it to you then they are not a friend. Look at how much money you wasted. Look at your life. Your smoking crack. Does that not scare you? Next time your offered a hit or get the urge run, just run away or your life will end.

qft

As much as I will deny it to people, I had a short lived addiction to crack cocaine. My boss asked me if I would drive him somewhere and he would pay me 50 dollars. I was 16 years old. After a few times of making these trips, he put it in my face and said "Try it!". At this time in my life, I just moved to a new town and new school, so I was depressed and bored with life. Giving in, i took a hit. For the next 6 months, my life went from straight A student to almost rock bottom. At this time, my parents were well aware of what I was doing. I have lied, stole, and allowed the drug to take over my life. I remember the day I stopped. My drug dealer, "Rocky", called my house and told my father that I owed him $20. My father took this opportunity to take me with him to pay "Rocky" the $20. After that, I stopped cold-turkey. I have been in a few situations where cocaine/crack has been around, but remember the horrors I put my family and friends through, I have no desire to use again. I am 22 years old now, and I havnt touched a drug in over 5 years (expect prescription opiates, for medical reasons.) I personally think if one person develops a hate for whatever substance they use, they wont need NA or any external support. This is the hardest thing to do, but to remain sober, one must have this state of mind. I hope this has helped someone.

william1985 said:
I personally think if one person develops a hate for whatever substance they use, they wont need NA or any external support.
thats a gd theory but towards the end of my active addiction i hated drugs - it didnt stop me from using them, and as soon as i did stop, without any outside assistance, i just cudnt stay off them
im glad its worked out for u - gd on u cleaning up so early in ur life - but its not the case for a lot of ppl
the desire to do drugs, hate them or not, either is so overwhelming they do give in, or they become depressed and bitter
thats wat ive noticed
there is nothing wrong with seeking help for a drug addiction - it doesnt just help u with getting off the drugs, it helps u with dealing with the issues behind ur drug use
i hate meth but id b on it now if it werent for NA.....guaranteed

Havent smoked some rocks going on two years, but that only because my Herion addiction is still going strong.

robd said:

Fuck off dickhead - save this shit for the lounge. Why the fuck are you here? People trying to kick a habit don't need your piss poor attempt to make a funny.

FC