• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
many mis-understand why exactely loperamide is (generally) non-centrally active. yeh, one day loperamide will be banned...best to just not talk about it, but you can't control what peps say. i truly believe malfunction meant well, and truly believe him, but its best this sort of thing just isin't talked about. we might not see it banned soon because to do so would implicate FDA was wrong all along. then again, if it becomes major problem...u never know. loperamide most certainly is a peripheral mU opioid agonist, & competition w/ p glyco protein (efflux), synergistic with blood/brain considerations, limit its central potential. weaken either one of these, and loperamide can be centrerally active. those who smoke (or find ways to instantly take large doses), even if under 100mg, can get a high as long as the dosage is acute enough to temporarily overcome p-glycoprotein competition. therefore, have heard of peeps smoking 20mg loperamide and nodding hard.

Surely the month that follows of severe constipation wouldn't be worth it?

People always say that taking such a huge dose of loperamide will cause you to never shit again. But its simply not true, once the drug is out of your system you will be able to shit again just fine.
Sure they are taking a huge dose of a drug that makes you constipated, but it was not designed to specifically do that, it is a side effect of any opiate. They could have sold any opiate as constipation medicine but they don't because the others will very easily get you high. Loperamide has much less potential for abuse and happens to work well for the "intended medical purposes" at low doses.
If codiene had been marketed as a constipation medicine instead of a pain killer we would be having this same discussion with people saying that taking large doses of codiene to get high is stupid because you would never shit again.

^When I've had the shits from withdrawal, 4-6mg (2-3 pills) would keep my sphincter tight enough not to dirty my drawers, so its a very effective anti-diarrheal drug. And thats all it is. ;)

sarbanes - if you're saying what I think you're saying about 5 posts up, thats the way to do it. Forgot p-gp inhibitors, nanoparticles,etc... Just some good old-fashioned chemistry is all you need.

BBB: How discriminating is it??

I've been wondering about this for several years-- and have never found any information on it: does the BBB block out certain substances COMPLETELY or, as some mentioned, only most of it?

Example:

ranunky said:
Things don't just cross or not cross the blood brain barrier. Everything will cross it, some things are better at crossing it than others. Loperamide is pretty shit at crossing the BBB but it's not unreasonable to assume that if you increase the dosage massivly that some will get through.
Can anybody with a neuroscience background comment on this or confirm it? I was hoping we could finally come to some definitive agreement on this. I'm sure this has been discussed in various scientific journals, but I don't have access to them.

Frank Zito said:
Hypothetically, if someone were to have ever had MENENGITIS (sp) sometime in their past they may be able to feel LOPE due to a breakdown of the the BBB due to their prior illness.

This is an interesting point. People who have had concussions or other serious injuries also may have weaker BBB's, allowing loperaminde and other things to cross. Several diseases can lead to breakdown too, I believe

Druggist said:
Sure they are taking a huge dose of a drug that makes you constipated, but it was not designed to specifically do that, it is a side effect of any opiate. They could have sold any opiate as constipation medicine but they don't because the others will very easily get you high. Loperamide has much less potential for abuse and happens to work well for the "intended medical purposes" at low doses.

I think you meant could have sold any opiate as an anti-diahrreal not constipation medicine. In that case,

Sure, but loperamide is a much more effective anti-diahrreal than other opiates. You only need a relatively small dose, but you get more of the anti-d. effects. If you're taking 100 (ONE HUNDRED 8o ) lop. pills...all I'm saying is scientists don't know what that will do to you, after repeated doses especially. It's probably not bad for the rest of your body, but for the GI tract, god damn man, good luck to you :|

HAHAHA LOL!

Only a true gaylord with a huge costipation would start a thread about loperamide!

Truly: this isn't even funny anymore :(

ITT: ignorant yet intelligent people.

im not a fan of such blind ignorance. everything i have evry learnt or studied in my life make sme believe there is no god. nobody i know believes in god. neither do i. but i accept that i might be wrong. same goes with any number of things not as significant as a deity.

its (sortof) like the saying - the fool learns nothing from the wise man, but the wise man learns much from the fool.

i believe that intelligent people should have some sort of duty not to become so arrogant that they discredit any views other than their own or what evidence says. there are so many factors in this world that just because your chemistry books say something is or isnt so, doesnt mean theyve taken into accound the infinite number of possible differences which could effect the final outcome. such as the aforementioned prior illnesses, common genetic anomolies, cultural factors, etc.

the people laughing/being asses in this thread only demonstrate what ignorant fools they truly are. IQ is not necessarily everything. grow up.

p.s. smoking immodium? ehhhh??

Man, forget placebo high or whatever, malfunkshun, aren't you even SLIGHTLY worried about what such abnormally high doses (taken ever two-three days!?!) is going to do to your body!?!

Do you have a death wish? Suicidal much? There is NO FUCKING WAY this is not harmful to the body (even if a poster above said it leaves one's body in 24 hours). Dude-100 pills! What the fuck is wrong with you? I understand the need to get high just like everyone else on here but--where is the line drawn? Do you also huff paint?

I notice he hasn't posted in this thread recently...impacted colon anyone?

Wow, just wow.
Swybs

To be honest, I would rather huff paint than take that many anti-ass water tablets.

center said:
We're making history.

Nice. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you've never made an impact on the world.

center, you're usually a fucking moron, but that made me laugh my ass off.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I'm gonna side with the "I'm not gonna try this, but malfunkshun's usually spot-on with ope advice. Enjoy it, man!" team.

ifonly said:
p.s. smoking immodium? ehhhh??

well, i know nothing of recreational loperamide use, but sarbanes seems to know wtf hes talking about when it comes to add. he also has a hive bee as his avatar. i found his post very informative and i might have to consider trying smoking.

i also get messed up pretty bad from tramadol and usually only take 100mg or less. and i get quite high on 200mg propoxyphene. and 1.5mg suboxone lasts nearly two days of near nod.

my body seems to be very very bad at eating up opiates. so that makes me think loperamide might actually work for me!

I did it with quercetin 2grams you can buy it at health food stores? and 100mg it worked but it was not fun and know I know what everbody means when they say dirty high becase thats what it was

dunwich said:
he also has a hive bee as his avatar.

I'll make the hive bee my avatar if it will make people believe everything I say ;)

For now, a monkey jacking off should command enough respect

OP's colon prolly malfunctioned after he took his dose of lop.

.. sry to easy

Is a bowel obstruction the best of BL?
Maybe.
At that volume 100 pills, it makes total sense that you would get high. In theory. Its a large volume of an opiod-like medicine. Doesn't cross the blood brain barrier-some of it has to. But a lot of things sound cool in theory, like putting your dick in a vacuum cleaner. But then you'd have no dick.
But Jeeeeesus that sounds bad for your intestines. After the loperamide coats how much of it continues to absorb anyway? Its like a clogged tube. Dude, go read comic books or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.