• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

i had some anxiety problems, but i just cut back my smoking a bit and now its all good

wowitch17 said:
people that consider themselves addicted to weed are by rule, retarted. One of the least addictive drugs out there, and ive tried many.
I consider myself addicted to weed.

When I stop smoking weed, I don't really sleep or eat. And I am grumpy as fuck.

I guess I am a retard eh?

wowitch17 said:
people that consider themselves addicted to weed are by rule, retarted. One of the least addictive drugs out there, and ive tried many.

smoking hella weed brings out issues that were already in your head. Its not for everyone.
You could say the same thing about caffeine or refined sugar...

yes and people who are addicted to caffeine aren't necessarily retarded. my dad for example is a hardcore caffeine addict, he drinks espresso all day long. if he tries to stop, he goes through withdrawals consisting of extreme headaches and other symptoms. i don't think that means he is retarded though, he is an engineer and highly regarded in his field.

recons said:
I consider myself addicted to weed.

When I stop smoking weed, I don't really sleep or eat. And I am grumpy as fuck.

I guess I am a retard eh?

He's comparing it so say, heroin. And compared to heroin, it is "retarded" to be addicted to weed. It's still an addiction though. I do agree he should have used a different word besides "retarded".

It's hard to say if weed fucked up these people or situations or just made a bad situation worse.

papasomni said:
I'm distressed to learn that weed has had such a negative effect on some people. the first time a person told me that he was having anxiety problems due to smoking weed, I didn't believe it was that. I thought it was something else. But now I have heard others say the same thing so they can't all be wrong. I still think it must have to do with the person's mental condition to begin with. And that the weed only brought it out. The brain is a delicate thing.
The slightest chemical imbalance would likely cause problems. Its a shame that not everyone can enjoy weed. I've smoked for 39 years and I don't plan on stopping......ever.

I agree. Never forget that a drug experience is a meeting between a chemical and a person -- both parties bring something to the table. By way of analogy, there are people I could hang with every day of my life, and never tire of their company. But I'm sure not everyone, like myself, would find their constant presence had that same effect.

I never plan on completely quitting marijuana either. I may go through phases where I cut down a great deal -- medical school being one of them. (If I'm able to get away with three tokes a month while school's in session, I'll consider myself quite lucky!). So far, it's done nothing irreversible to me, and I abused it heavily for months in the past. But it wouldn't shock me to find someone else permanently scarred by much lighter use. With any drug you try, you have to listen to what your body and mind are telling you about this blind date you've set them up with.

Okay, I see a lot of people blaming a lot of things on weed + addictive personality/underlying mental problems. My question is this: is weed the ONLY drug you put into your body? Do you drink, use caffeine or tobacco or other illegal drugs? Alcohol destroys liver and brain cells, as well as aggravating ulcers, IBS, and other bowel problems, so if you drink, consider this as the cause. There is no scientific evidence that marijuana causes ANY type of intestinal damage. That's not to say it's not real, but when you look at unbiased scientific and medical evidence, you'll see that marijuana is among the safest substances in the world. Safer than aspirin, caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes, and fatty foods, and...you see where this is going. If it was really so bad for the immune system, lungs, brain, and personality, why are states increasingly decriminalizing medical mj for patients in the illest of conditions based on scientific studies proving its benefits in treating everything from glaucoma to AIDS wasting syndrome to anxiety to cancer treatment side effects?

On the flip side, there is some evidence suggesting that cannabis brought out or worsened schizophrenia in a couple of people with a genetic predisposition to the disorder. There's no account of it causing cancer of any type, even in long-term (30+ years) heavy smokers (5+ joints a day), so that can also be "thrown out the window." As with ANY activity, smoking weed in excess is not wise: it can irritate airways, cause short-term memory impairment (while high mostly), as well as being expensive and putting a person at risk for arrest, as it's illegal. The problems with weed usually come from overuse, use in the wrong setting, and increased doses in people with mental problems.

Moderation is the key to everything! I hope everyone who's experienced negative effects from this wonderful plant recovers fully! Bless.

personally i startred smoking at a bad time, during the formative years when i was beginning to learn the social jig-saw it allowed me to ignore that learning experience. I see myself as socially retarded by at least 5 years.

Quit now, 4 months and counting. Gains = steady job and a car.. but i can still barely talk without trippin gover my tongue.

burn out said:
people that consider themselves addicted to cocaine are by rule, retarded. one of the least addictive drugs out there, and i've tried many. see, i can make baseless and useless statements which contribute nothing positive to this discussion too.

I think you arrogance and naivity is retarded.

papasomni said:
I'm distressed to learn that weed has had such a negative effect on some people. Its a shame that not everyone can enjoy weed. I've smoked for 39 years and I don't plan on stopping......ever.
I'm right there with ya...39 years, I've done a 'plethora' (I love that word...lol) of other drugs (still do), and I can't blame anything on it...
I haven't smoked for almost 5 mos, and miss it like I lost my best friend, but I'll be back shortly...looking so forward to it. I've witnessed Alchohol, Heroin, Cocaine, and Meth destroy minds and lives, but never seen Marijuana contribute to anyones demise...
I hadn't gotten to Page II yet, but theres certainly a very good reason for My Doors being a Mod...and Lady Codone-nice contribution...

Last edited:
Lady Codone said:
Okay, I see a lot of people blaming a lot of things on weed + addictive personality/underlying mental problems. My question is this: is weed the ONLY drug you put into your body? Do you drink, use caffeine or tobacco or other illegal drugs? Alcohol destroys liver and brain cells, as well as aggravating ulcers, IBS, and other bowel problems, so if you drink, consider this as the cause. There is no scientific evidence that marijuana causes ANY type of intestinal damage. That's not to say it's not real, but when you look at unbiased scientific and medical evidence, you'll see that marijuana is among the safest substances in the world. Safer than aspirin, caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes, and fatty foods, and...you see where this is going. If it was really so bad for the immune system, lungs, brain, and personality, why are states increasingly decriminalizing medical mj for patients in the illest of conditions based on scientific studies proving its benefits in treating everything from glaucoma to AIDS wasting syndrome to anxiety to cancer treatment side effects?

yes, marijuana was the only subtance i was putting in my body. why are states legalizing it for medicinal use? perhaps because it has medical benefits. lots of drugs that can be extremely bad for you when abused are legal for medical use, like methamphetamine. and i never said it was bad for the immune system, i simply listed the negative affects it had on me. obviously it doesn't/won't have the same affects on everyone else, especially medical users. if you think someone who vaporizes small amounts of weed to treat nausea is doing the same amount of damage to themselves as a stoner who sits around taking gravity bong hits all day...well you see where this is going.

On the flip side, there is some evidence suggesting that cannabis brought out or worsened schizophrenia in a couple of people with a genetic predisposition to the disorder. There's no account of it causing cancer of any type, even in long-term (30+ years) heavy smokers (5+ joints a day), so that can also be "thrown out the window." As with ANY activity, smoking weed in excess is not wise: it can irritate airways, cause short-term memory impairment (while high mostly), as well as being expensive and putting a person at risk for arrest, as it's illegal. The problems with weed usually come from overuse, use in the wrong setting, and increased doses in people with mental problems.

Moderation is the key to everything! I hope everyone who's experienced negative effects from this wonderful plant recovers fully! Bless.

i said moderation was key in my first post. the people who get fucked up by weed are usually people who buy into the pro marijuana propaganda all over the internet, only to realize years later that it's not true and marijuana has the potential to have potentially serious adverse affects when abused over a long period of time.

Last edited:
burn out said:
yes, weed totally fucked me up physically and mentally and essentially ruined my life. it's been 2.5 years since i smoked and i am still suffering from residual affects. it's partially my fault of course for continuing to smoke even after i started to get negative affects but i also blame all those people and websites that say there are no permanent affects and once you stop everything goes back to normal because if i had known i wouldn't go back to normal, i never would have continued to smoke.

physically weed caused me the following problems:

- postural orthostatic hypotension
- gastritis
- lung damage

mentally it caused me the following the problems:

- anxiety
- paranoia
- panic attacks
- constant burnt out/perma-fried feeling
- head pressure
- subtle cognitive and memory impairments

these are just the lasting problems, i won't even get into the problems it caused while i was addicted. i'd just like to know if anyone else has experienced symptoms like these even after quitting weed? most specifically, i'd like to know if anyone else has experienced gastritis (or stomach problems in general) because while most of the things i listed seem fairly common among marijuana addicts, most other addicts i've talked to didn't get the gastritis.

anyway, the idea that this drug is harmless needs to be thrown out the nearest window. it did far more damage to me than all other drugs combined. sure, it's safe for most people when used occasionally, but when used heavily, its has the potential to really screw you up just like any other drug.

wow i thought weed fucked me up! i dont get why you sound like you need to jump under a train.. you have had 2.5 years off weed and your still thinking has it done this to me has it done that.. i get the same negative effects as you but then i take a few days off and feel better!

sounds to me like you need a splif after a VERY long break!

Smoking too much weed left me paranoid and socially withdrawn. I've since quit, or at least kept it down to very occasional (less than weekly) use, and moved on to better and less harmful drugs, such as heroin (hur hur hur). No, seriously, weed wasn't good for my emotional health. At one point, it was all fun and games, when I just started smoking, but it started taking on a dark edge that did not help me in the short or the long term. And it's definitely addictive, of course I wouldn't put it in the same sentence as dope in that context, but there is definitely an addiction to weed which is a very real factor in a lot of people's lives.

Weed obviously does something. It's a drug. It has side-effects apart from being baked. Being baked is a chemical effect. It just doesn't do what BO says it does. The system that weed interacts with cannot, does not have the capability, does not interact with or interfer with these processes. I'm going to suggest the radical alternative that you're not special and that maybe you developed symptomology of depression while you were smoking. But all the same every thread turns into a I'm special, but oh no I'm just stating this one minor point, but then you take over the thread and don't say shit. It's annoying.

Peace,
PL

It's amazing. I used to have a great time on weed. It was never my drug of choice, but it was fun. Certainly never unpleasant.

And then the anxiety began. Thankfully only while high. So I stopped.

I feel the whole "fun at first but then anxiety began" thing. It's been the same for me and lots of others I've seen. I wonder what's the mechanism behind that? I've heard of cannabis allergy, but apart from that, I don't know what would make it's entire effect change over time. Anyway, good discussion! And I wasn't saying anyone said things about the immune system, cancer, etc, but those are just some common myths I've heard people state with such conviction that I thought I'd use them to make my point. I've personally found other drugs that I like more than weed, namely hydrocodone (low doses only!) and some others like ephedra (damn illegalization!). But weed was my first drug, before even trying alcohol or tobacco, so it'll always be my first love.