• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can you parachute poppy pods instead of making tea?

Good luck eating all that plant matter, the whole thing with the tea is your filter off most of the matter and just drink the foul tasting liquid.

Is the taste of the pods/tea really that bad? Ive used both kratom and kava, while kratom certainly doesn't taste good I can handle it, but fucking kava, the first time I tried that I mixed like 4 teaspoons of some 40% KAVIAR instant kava in a glass of water, held my nose and chugged it down, to this day I still want to gag when I think of that taste, it took a full 24 hours just for the taste to leave my mouth.

phrozen, I just thought parachuting might be an easier MOA with less preperation and less tasting involved, Ive never used pods so I don't really know how much powder 5 pods would be.

My pods were supposed to be here today but good ole USPS is late so I should have them in the morning, think I'll try the "sludge" method first, if I can handle drinking kava Im pretty sure the pods cant be worse.

they're not really bad at all. if you're experienced drinking hallucinogens, pods dont taste bad at all. tastes like green tea, a bit stronger.

Tbird921 said:
Good luck eating all that plant matter, the whole thing with the tea is your filter off most of the matter and just drink the foul tasting liquid.

You barely notice it, its a couple of tablespoons of dried plant powder that dissolves/gets soft in liquid. You eat pounds of plant matter a day, whats a few more grams?

Hmm something else I just thought of, could you make pod tea in a drip coffee maker? Ive made regular tea this way, just put the bags in the coffeemaker let it run, seems to do fine.

I was thinking, grind the pods up in a blender or food processor, put the grounds in a coffee filter, let it run through, then take the filter out and sqeeze out the rest of the juice using a kitchen strainer.

Id try the plugging method but I don't have a broomstick onhand :( Maybe a toilet plunger?

Id try the plugging method but I don't have a broomstick onhand Maybe a toilet plunger?

Yeah I don't have a broom either but it's OK cause my friend helps me put enough up there and then I help him =D

Hmm something else I just thought of, could you make pod tea in a drip coffee maker? Ive made regular tea this way, just put the bags in the coffeemaker let it run, seems to do fine.

I was thinking, grind the pods up in a blender or food processor, put the grounds in a coffee filter, let it run through, then take the filter out and sqeeze out the rest of the juice using a kitchen strainer.

Yeah I've heard of people doing this before, I think they had good results with it too. How hot does a coffee maker get though? You gotta make sure the temperature stays below 85C.

Well I just got my pods about a few hours ago, went ahead and ground up 6 large pods in a blender, boiled 2 cups of water, turned the water off then just dumped the grounds in and let em sit for about 15 minutes,strained through a kitchen strainer.

The taste was not bad at all compared to some things Ive tried, taste like bitter straw, its been about 30 minutes since I drank the tea and all I can say is ... damn ... my whole body feels warm/heavy ... not like that speedy high you get from oxy ... very laid back.

How long does it take to feel the full effects? I was gonna make more but don't wanna overdo it and be sick later ... Im 6'3" and about 280 pounds ... don't know how much difference size/body weight makes with these so ... any advice is appreciated.

Well I never liked to dose by number of pods alone, personally I always just ground up all of my pods at once. The whole break-down process is easy when you get a grove going and it makes it much easier when you want to re-dose. Just cut off the crowns and stems with knuckles and keep in a seperate baggie. dump all the seeds in a seperate baggie. put all pods in a blender and pulverize them. If its too course, gride them some more. Once its the right powderness I figured out that 15 grams of powder was good for ME, I dont knwo your tollerance but I would take 15 grams and just pour it into a cup of hot black coffee and sir around for a few minutes and when its cool enough to drink, just start gulping it all down, powder and all. I would get that "smack" on my face and just get stuck to my couch within 15-20 minutes and it would last for soooooo long too. But I got hooked on the pods really easily. I experienced some digestive tract discomfort and after a while I got sick and tired of being either constipated or having the shits day after day. And since its all organic there's no telling how potent the pods are, one of the batches I got was significantly stronger than what I had been used to taking, and I took 20 grams of powder of that and was so fucked up I was puking and just feeling like complete shit. So always test it in smaller amounts if you like the effects. Be careful. It is easy to get addicted.

Newmoonrecord said:
tea hits faster and has a faster rush

eating the pods allows you to get more alkaloid content, and over a longer period, but comes on slower.

Agreed - though I only tried pods for the first time yesterday. The ground up pods that I swallowed in juice took 90+ minutes before peaking. The closest comparison I can make (bases on my opiate experience) was with oxy. As such, I was dissapointed with my MOA but blown away by the potency of poppy pods (16 grams ~ 60mg oxy, I'd say).

The tea hits you faster, eating it makes it last longer... So eat the grounds with something hot like coffee or tea, ITS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! and I would say doing it this way 15 grams ~ 80-100mg oxy depending on the potency of the pods.

I've always found that eating all that plant matter adds to the stomach discomfort, but more importantly, makes for some traumatizing shits in the folowing day or two. I've always prefered making putty and keeping it that way. Then dissolve single doses into cognac as needed.

inSaMity said:
I've always found that eating all that plant matter adds to the stomach discomfort, but more importantly, makes for some traumatizing shits in the folowing day or two. I've always prefered making putty and keeping it that way. Then dissolve single doses into cognac as needed.

I agree, eating it makes the shits especially rocky.

by the way: If you can parachute anything. From stones, to poop, to grass to shards of ice, to crushed wood... It just depends on what effects you wanna get, you feel me ;)?

I went ahead and ground up another 6 pods and then added the powder to a bowl of oatmeal with some brown sugar, then drank a few cups of coffee, it didnt taste bad at all and hit me even harder than the tea did, its been 6 hours now and Im still feeling nice, opiummeal ... lol.

I can see how these things could get addictive very quickly, hard to believe they're legal but I aint complaining :)

hey nocturnal, BE CAREFUL,
are you a regular opiate user with a big tolerance???

I use fairly often, (1-3) times a week, and 12 large pods would probably overdose me, leaving me throwing up for like 12 hours.
I know each pod is different, but just saying that 12 of (my large) pods, would rock my sox off.

wait a long while before you drink anymore. The high can last up to 8 hours.

Well I don't have any opiate tolerance at the moment, but I have plenty of past experience with oxy, heroin, etc. Ive probably done 15 large pods today, over the course of about 8 hours.

I haven't felt any nausea, my stomach felt kinda cramped for a while but that passed. I have a natural tolerance to almost all drugs ... sucks for me :(

I use fairly often, (1-3) times a week, and 12 large pods would probably overdose me, leaving me throwing up for like 12 hours.
I know each pod is different, but just saying that 12 of (my large) pods, would rock my sox off.

True, but who knows how potent his pods were?

I pitty everyone that jokes about plugging.

I'm not talking about plugging whole pods, but the tea itself (reduce to a few mls, load into needle-less syringe)

You'll get 2X the effects that way, and several times faster.

But keep laughing. More opium for me...

How long can you use pods before you will start having withdrawals when you stop? Ive gone through about 40 in the past 2 days, its been a very nice 2 days I might add :).

I found the easiest way for me to use the pods is just run them through a blender for a few minutes till they're finely powdered, then just add the grounds to a cup of hot coffee, stir, and chug. I can do 5-6 pods at a time this way and the taste doesn't bother me at all, I almost kinda like it. Seems to be stronger/last longer too when I ingest the grounds instead of making tea. The pods I have 5 of them feels about like 40 mg of oxy (to me).

I read that poppy pods differ from pills because they have 50-60 different alkaloids whereas pills have 1 or 2 .... is that why the high lasts longer? And how does that affect withdrawal? I think I'll use one more day then take a break, don't wanna end up dopesick off my "floral arrangements" lol ...

How much of the desired chemicals are on the outside of the pod? Because if the majority of the outside is just plant then I would recomend scraping out the inside layers of the pods, and then ingesting that however you decide. It would save you having to ingest a ton of plant matter should you decide to parachute/eat all of it instead of just making tea.
(However I could be totally wrong and telling you to throw away a ton of valuable material, so I hope someone else will agree/correct me.)