• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

It's been a little while since I dosed my 60mg of Vyvanse. It does seem a bit smoother than Adderall. I am concentrated, positive, and talkative. I don't see what people don't like about this drug. I am a big fan of Adderall but this Vyvanse isn't as bad as some people made it out to be. I'm still on the fence as to whether I prefer Vyvanse or Adderall but I don't seem to have a problem with either of them.

The concept of drug abuse, the subculture of prescription drug abuse going back to the beginnings of the prescription drug system itself, the laws and regulations surrounding patent lifespan and brand rights, etc lead to a political chessgame between the legislature, law enforcement, chemists, doctors, drug users, drug addicts and PR/marketing depts of Big Pharma companies.

Every tweaked controlled substance is a multiple benefit:

-it will be billed as less abusable than competitors and older, cheaper drugs.
-even if the changes are minimal or clinically insignificant, the trials, advertising, development, distribution and especially the exclusive rights to market brand name products for many years.
-the LE/gov't gets to promote their Abstinence Only-War On Drugs agenda by endorsing these proposed drugs due to lopsided evidence from Big Pharma studies on euphoria, compulsive drug seeking behavior, dependancy, etc.

Vyvanse is a perfect example. It will make a mint for the brand patent holder, it is already being abused by itself or in conjunction with other chemicals to convert more of it to D-Amp.
It is just another bastard child of a corrupt 'legal' dope racket run by the biggest, most exploitative criminal syndicate in the world- Big Pharma.

What if you think you have ADD? Do i tell my parents make an appointment cause i think i have ADD?!

I would definitely go see a doctor or psychiatrist if you think you have ADD/ADHD. You can go online and just search google for ADD symptoms and see what your results are.

BTW - I'm on day two with my Vyvanse prescription. I love it. It is definitely beneficial and still produces euphoria as Adderall does. The two are very similiar and I don't have a problem with Vyvanse like some other people have written about in this thread. Vyvanse has my vote.

EDIT: Someone mentioned cotton mouth as a side effect of Vyvanse and I definitely notice the dry mouth. I have been constantly drinking water. It can get a bit irritating dealing with a constant dry mouth but if I just drink some liquid it helps.

Last edited:
I've found it hard to sleep the last two nights since I got my prescription of Vyvanse. The first day I took a dose of 60mg of Vyvanse at 4PM, right after I left my psychiatrists office and got the script filled. Later that night I went to a party and consumed alcohol which consisted of about 4-5 Hurricane cans (malt liquor), 5 Natty Lites (beer) and a 1mg Klonopin (benzo) and I still wasn't able to fall asleep until about 4AM the following morning.

The following day I woke up around 10AM-12AM. I got some unhealthy sleep and just tossed and turned on my friends love couch the previous night. I took another 60mg when I got home at around 12ish and I wasn't able to fall asleep until around 2AM-3AM. I had to take 2mg of Klonopin to get me to sleep.

Today, I took 60mg of Vyvanse at 10:30AM. The effects don't feel as strong but I assume that is due to my lack of sleep these past few nights. I am still euphoric, motivated, and energetic but just not as much as the first two days. I think the 2mg of Klonopin lurking in my system is contributing to that as well.

Just thought I'd throw all this info out there for anyone who cares.

EDIT: I have one more thing to add about my past Adderall experiences. When I would take Adderall, it was a common occurance for my upper right shoulder blade to gradually start to hurt as the day went on. I don't get this with Vyvanse.

Last edited:
Vyvanse is the only drug ive seen DOCTORS write for their own children (whether it actually gets in their little hands is another story, lol)..... Based on my past experiences with ADD treatment and reading over some of the studies, Vyvanse is better for first-line treatment before moving up to Adderall XR, Adderall IR, etc.

All it did for me was piss me off and waste my time, but im a 3-year vet. of the Addy IR 30mg Twice Daily.....

Here some good links to check out, for some legit info on Vyvanse:

http://www.medilexicon.com/drugs/vyvanse.php#ClinicalResults

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/SAFETY/2008/Apr_PI/Vyvanse_PI.pdf {PDF Format}

vyvanse

i take vyvanse periodically and i do n ot have a prescription to it. my friends also use it as well. we feel that it increases our focus and productivity and we often use it solely for studying and writing term papers (college). it makes us feelll... happy?

I must question some of the contents of the drug if it is making us happier, then when it wears off u can notice that u feel "worse" for no apparant reason.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but can anyone give me some info as to why when I take vyvanse I do not become excessively talkative but I do when I take adderall? I know people respond differently but aren't vyvanse and adderall both dextroamphetamines, so shouldn't I get the same effects from both of them? Usually 40 mgs of adderall does it for me, but I take 160 mgs of vyvanse.

well...i was just playing around today, and decided to do a little experiment...
i wanted to know if i could extract the D-amp from my Vyvanse using just Isopropyl Alcohol, and what do you know? it freakin' worked!!! im sooo excited. mind you, the first wash (with more Iso. Alc.) was not enough, so there will be further washes preformed, but the yeild was quite nice, and the high (smoked only) was also nice, but a bit weak.

any questions, PM me or whatever.

Long user report: Six months of vyvanse

(Long but worth reading or you're starting or contemplating Vyvanse.)

Because 99% of this board's members are non-judgmental and care for each other’s well being, I want take the time to submit a long-term user’s contribution about
Vyvanse. My purpose is to compare the way Vivanse has worked out for us after several months of regular use. (I have not take Adderall so cannot compare.)

Having taken V. every day since last September (6 months), I can tell you my reactions.

I am a middle-aged guy with genuine PB2. I am good at my job but have trouble dealing with co-workers, especially people who "manage" me. I don’t get physical but can be verbally aggressive, and also, in different scenarios, am prone to serious depression.

For several years I've worked with a pscyh my age. We have a mutually trusting relationship and are experimenting with different med combos to level out my mood. Because of my depressions he considers me a serious case and will prescribe pretty much what I want. (I am straight with him about how the meds are affecting me, and he's cool with my getting high once in a while as a side effect.)

Oh yeah, one more thing, when I was young I did EVERY drug, legal or not, mostly for the experience. I've done hard stuff but never got strung out. I do have an addictive personality though -- alcohol brings it out -- so I can't use it. But though I no longer desire to get zonked on meds, I don't mind a pleasant buzz now and then. So I know where pretty much everybody’s head is at here. We enjoy recreation but don’t want to hurt anyone.

In case this is of help to anybody, here are my findings after 6 months . . .

- I was laid off my job and getting pretty anxious so my doc first tried me on the usual downers. I hate being dopy during the day so he put my on a regimen of an upper in the morning (Ritalin-SR 2OMG 2/day) ) and downers at night: Xanax 5MG (generic is Alprazolam).

- I've done uppers before and know they affect people differently. For me, Ritalin sucks. It makes me jumpy and irritable and the crash is awful. How anybody could give this to a kid is beyond my comprehension. Xanax, on the other hand, is top-notch benzo -- but it's still a benzo so have problems of their own. As in, you build up tolerance and you get super-hooked on them.

- Because I hated Ritalin my doc switched me to Vyvanse, first 30MG/day taken upon awakening. When this did not suffice (you start to come down after about 5 hours), I went to 60MG/day and disovered V's magic method of keeping you in a beautiful productive mellow groove all day long: DELAY THE SECOND 30MG TAB TWO HOURS AFTER TAKING THE FIRST ONE!

- Six months of usage have convinced me that V is a moderately addictive drug. It is a great antidpressant. Plus, it totally kills your appetite and you can lose all the weight you want to. The nightly come-down is surprisingly gentle but it gets worse as tolerance builds (see below).

- Due to emerging Vyvanse tolerance my doc let me have three 30MG/day but I saved the third one for fast, 100-mile bicycle rides. (Don't worry, I have a heart rate monitor.) I'd taken up to five 30MG Vs in one day with no problem.

- My doc upped my benzos to three 30MG Temazepam three times a day, PLUS two or three Zanax 5MG for calm me down before bedtime. Life was good.

- After three months on a steady-state of the above usage, I developed a Vyvanse tolerance to the point where it was of very little benefit anymore. (This is pretty impressive length for time for an upper to bring on a tolerance.)

Tolerance symptoms: I started sleeping in till 8:00. Upon awaking, I'd feel exhausted and groggy. (Through I almost always slept well on the Temazepam.) I'd pop at V as soon as I woke up, then drink some strong coffee. In a half-hour I'd be on top of the world -- but only for a little while. By 10:00 a.m. I'd feel "crashier" than ever before. I had to eat breakfast or I'd feel like my stomach was eating me from the inside out. Even after the second V, a couple of hours later, I was ravenously hungry. (I used to go all day without eating on two Vs and never feel hungry.)

- I could still work pretty hard and steady but my mood was robotic; there were no more good vibes. I was not nasty or negative-manic in any other way, but I was not happy, either.

- Generously, my doc allowed me to replace V for one month with Desoxyn 5MG x 5/day. (No, I'm not going to give you his name.) The idea was to break the tolerance by taking a D only when I felt I really needed to. Being short acting, it wouldn't be in my system all day.

- Of course I ended up alternating the Desoxyn with leftover Vyvanse when I was really down. The combo didn't work very well – that’s how burned out I was. I was awake, busy, and stable, but not feeling good. Eventually, after a couple of weeks, I started feeling exhausted all the time. sometimes I’d sleep 24 hours straight.

- Thus was born my Vyvanse/Benzo habit. So with about 10 days till next seeing my doc, I have through it through and come up with a mission statement: Reduce the uppers and downers to a reasonable level over time. (For me a good balance would be two Vyvanse 30MG every two or three days, and one or two Xanax at bedtime.)

- I started tapering last week but got interrupted by an intense cycling ride across Death Valley. (No shit.) This required a lot of V and D! But I learned in my couple of days of tapering that the Vyvanse is not so bad to withdraw from (gradually of course), and the Xanax works together with the V to help reduce the necessary quantity of both of them to get through the day -- and night.) It's nice to have some Desoxyn on hand for those days you're really wasted but don't want to the long-term effect of a Vyvanse. The idea, of course, is to build up a tolerance.

- Things are a bit out of hand right now but I’ve got it together and am confident with my doc's assistance I'll reach my goal. At that point I hope the V still helps me through my day, and that I can sleep well. I know I'll not get that nice little buzz again, but I can live without it if I can find the balance that enables these drugs to do what they were intended to do.

Overall, for people like me, I'd recommend the Vyvanse/Xanax combination, starting at a low dosage and keeping them as low as you can. Don't take Vyvanse every day. Try the best you can to avoid Vyvanse tolerance, and let it do its good stuff for you. (Xanax tolerance is inevitable but also can be beat if you have to.)

Good luck and be well.

I have been prescribed 240 count 10mg IR dextroamphetamine (8 a day) for a little over a year now.

Just recently I was introduced to vyvanse and I was amazed at how absolutely perfect this drug is. It is literally my miracle drug.

With dexamps they wear off fast and can leave one with a comedown, regardless of taking more pills. Especially with my tolerance.

My doctor gave me a 60 count sample of these (50's) and I took two when I woke up, for the first 3 and a half hours I didn't feel much it was very subtle but by the 4th hour it was going full swing. It seems as if it releases a 10mg dexamp pill an hour into your system. Usually I am re-dosing all the time with dex and still get tired on the job, but with vyvanse the feeling never left, all day long I had a full blown amp high and was more productive and efficient than ever. I never had to take another pill no re-dosing no nothing. Just 2 pills in the morning and I was flying all day.

The feeling is so much cleaner and even more euphoric imo, there is no nasty comedown. It wears off just as subtly as it comes on. I have insomnia and dexamps don't help with that at all but I was able to get to sleep at night with the vyvanse without having to even dip into my ambien prescription (which is usually impossible). I just smoked a bowl and fell asleep, I haven't been able to do that in years.

I have nothing but praise for this drug. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I am probably going to have to stick to my dexamp script just because of cost but I buy vyvanse from friends whenever I can.

It's simply mind blowing, the energizer bunny. It even feels different from dexamp It's just so much cleaner.. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm in love with it. It curb stomps even meth or any other stimulant I've tried which is a lot, and yes I know how bold of a statement that is but I stick to it.

The only thing I worry about is I regularly go to the gym and I worry about the strain on my heart - can anyone tell me how bad it is to work out on amphetamines? Or is it not too bad at all? I don't abuse my prescription, I just take what I need to keep me going throughout my heavy schedule.

Last edited:
I'm a road cyclist and vyvanse helps my endurance without putting a strain on my heart. (I wear a heart rate monitor and also can sense when I'm overdoing it.) By the way, I don't compete in organized racing so therefore am not a cheater.

The bad news: If you use it a lot, Vyvanse will build up a tolerance just like all amphetamines and leave you feeling lousy rather than great. It takes a longer time for V tolerance to build up -- nearly six months for me. My mistake was using it every day.

Now I'm cutting back to zero using a short-acting amp to keep depression and fatigue at tolerable levels. After a couple of days, Vivanse withdrawal seems a lot less nasty than other amphetamine withdrawals. Mostly you are tired all the time and want to sleep. No Doz tablets help.

I'll restart Vyvanse in two or three months and hope for the best. This time I'll stick with 60MG/day (one on getting up, and one two hours later). Some days I'll take just one. Some days, none.

Vyvanse works very well and is worth the trouble of careful management so tolerance is minimized. I expect the nice buzz will eventually go away no matter what, but its other good properties should hang on for quite a while.

Good luck!

Caffeine and Vyvanse

I am addicted to caffeine, and take 400mg every morning in the form of No Doz. I have now gotten to the point where I do not notice very much effect, apart from not being really tired. My friend gave me some Vyvance, 6 pills, 20mg each. He usually takes 120mg for a nice high (he is not perscribed, nor does he have ADD). I was wondering, will taking my normal dose of caffeine along with the 120mg of Vyvanse make me OD or vomit or have a heart attack or what? because if I dont take the caffeine, I will have a headache, and I dont want that to ruin my Vyvanse high. Should I take less caffeine, just enough to combat withdrawl? PLEASE HELP!

I am addicted to caffeine, and take 400mg every morning in the form of No Doz. I have now gotten to the point where I do not notice very much effect, apart from not being really tired. My friend gave me some Vyvance, 6 pills, 20mg each. He usually takes 120mg for a nice high (he is not perscribed, nor does he have ADD). I was wondering, will taking my normal dose of caffeine along with the 120mg of Vyvanse make me OD or vomit or have a heart attack or what? because if I dont take the caffeine, I will have a headache, and I dont want that to ruin my Vyvanse high. Should I take less caffeine, just enough to combat withdrawl? PLEASE HELP!

That really sounds like alot of Vynase for a non-tolerant person, and combining it with caffeine sounds like an even worse idea. I'd do some searching around and find a lower dose, and take it without the caffeine if you value your cardiovascular system

This stuff vyvanse for me was the absolute worst by far out of any of the add meds i have tried. Those being (addi Ir) (Xr) (Generic Addi Ir) (2 Generics) (ranboxy for me which were great then they stopped them) barr addi Ir Worst ever ) barr dexedrine ok cept for stomach issues) GSK Spansules ok but needed to crush em to get good effect and 50 dollars cuz our insurence it wasnt prefferred.
The comedown and overall feeling of drugged on vyvnase was overwelming. The comdown for me was manic bipolar to the extreme and that was at (40-80 mg) addi xr i felt terrible got shi# done this stuff got nothing done ended up feeling terrible( you be the judge everyones body chemistry is different and this is just another rambling biased dextrostat rant lol peace and love Mr Mike.

Oh and the dextrostat i got are the last 75 of this pharmacy's ( gotta go back to the spansule and get higher dose from doc) the barr dexedrine im just sick of the stomach issues and the need to take such a high dose. The funny thing is if you want the brand dexedrine ask your doctor to sighn dispense as needed, and they still have brand GSK being produced. wHEN i asked the reason for this the pharmacy said their is more demand for the spansule lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao wutever i just get a higher dose and crush stupid pricks!

For me Vyvanse acts as a mellow SR Dexedrine

As every one of us knows, meds affect different people in different ways. From what you (MrMikecop) are saying, I'd like to provide some responses. Keep in mind that I know dick about chemistry.

I've done Dexedrine and other uppers for many years off and on and have never had stomach problems. I have a sensitive stomach, too! Sometimes it gets a big grumbly because I forget to eat, or a bit acid 'cause I drink a Coke. If I were you I would look into those stomach problems you're having. Do you get them when you're not using? Or eating the wrong food? You might have an ulcer.

I'm BP2, serious enough to be on state medical benefits as recommended by my psych. My manic episodes (bad moods, not good moods) and depressions were too much for employers to handle, even though I'm good at my job as a technical writer.

Vyvanse has smoothed me out almost miraculously. My mood is leveled out and it's on the friendly side, my productivity is way up, and at 2 x 30MG per day I am nicely buzzed but am in control of the drug and don't get blissed out in front of people. I feel this is the way my brain should be all the time but it lacks some critical element that Vyvanse makes up for.

It sounds like you're using uppers to get high -- higher than they make you at the prescribed dosage. As a result you've built up a tolerance and that sucks, with V or any other upper. As I said above, I developed a tolerance too. To reduce my tolerance I took a week off and dropped my first V's (as prescribed) today after seven days of total abstinence. (By yesterday I felt completely free of the drug and missing it, not in a craving, addictive way as with narcos, but because I function so my better with it.)

For me the week-long comedown was not too bad -- the worst part was fatigue and evening depression. Today's very pleasant mood after only a week off indicates to me that the tolerance factor is not high with this drug. If want to experience a nosedive into concrete, just cold-turkey Desoxyn after a few weeks of heavy use.

Of course like any SR upper, even when you're taking it in moderation, every day you experience a crash, and you're right, even with Vyvanse it's not fun. I use benzos (Xanax) to smooth out the landing and they help a lot. In my experience, coming down from Desoxyn or Ritalin is way worse than Vyvanse.

I'd advise laying off all uppers for a few weeks or a month, then try a moderate dose (60MG) of Vyvanse. It might work for you a little more like it's worked for me.

(Long but worth reading or you're starting or contemplating Vyvanse.)

Because 99% of this board's members are non-judgmental and care for each other’s well being, I want take the time to submit a long-term user’s contribution about
Vyvanse. My purpose is to compare the way Vivanse has worked out for us after several months of regular use. (I have not take Adderall so cannot compare.)

Having taken V. every day since last September (6 months), I can tell you my reactions.

I am a middle-aged guy with genuine PB2. I am good at my job but have trouble dealing with co-workers, especially people who "manage" me. I don’t get physical but can be verbally aggressive, and also, in different scenarios, am prone to serious depression.

For several years I've worked with a pscyh my age. We have a mutually trusting relationship and are experimenting with different med combos to level out my mood. Because of my depressions he considers me a serious case and will prescribe pretty much what I want. (I am straight with him about how the meds are affecting me, and he's cool with my getting high once in a while as a side effect.)

Oh yeah, one more thing, when I was young I did EVERY drug, legal or not, mostly for the experience. I've done hard stuff but never got strung out. I do have an addictive personality though -- alcohol brings it out -- so I can't use it. But though I no longer desire to get zonked on meds, I don't mind a pleasant buzz now and then. So I know where pretty much everybody’s head is at here. We enjoy recreation but don’t want to hurt anyone.

In case this is of help to anybody, here are my findings after 6 months . . .

- I was laid off my job and getting pretty anxious so my doc first tried me on the usual downers. I hate being dopy during the day so he put my on a regimen of an upper in the morning (Ritalin-SR 2OMG 2/day) ) and downers at night: Xanax 5MG (generic is Alprazolam).

- I've done uppers before and know they affect people differently. For me, Ritalin sucks. It makes me jumpy and irritable and the crash is awful. How anybody could give this to a kid is beyond my comprehension. Xanax, on the other hand, is top-notch benzo -- but it's still a benzo so have problems of their own. As in, you build up tolerance and you get super-hooked on them.

- Because I hated Ritalin my doc switched me to Vyvanse, first 30MG/day taken upon awakening. When this did not suffice (you start to come down after about 5 hours), I went to 60MG/day and disovered V's magic method of keeping you in a beautiful productive mellow groove all day long: DELAY THE SECOND 30MG TAB TWO HOURS AFTER TAKING THE FIRST ONE!

- Six months of usage have convinced me that V is a moderately addictive drug. It is a great antidpressant. Plus, it totally kills your appetite and you can lose all the weight you want to. The nightly come-down is surprisingly gentle but it gets worse as tolerance builds (see below).

- Due to emerging Vyvanse tolerance my doc let me have three 30MG/day but I saved the third one for fast, 100-mile bicycle rides. (Don't worry, I have a heart rate monitor.) I'd taken up to five 30MG Vs in one day with no problem.

- My doc upped my benzos to three 30MG Temazepam three times a day, PLUS two or three Zanax 5MG for calm me down before bedtime. Life was good.

- After three months on a steady-state of the above usage, I developed a Vyvanse tolerance to the point where it was of very little benefit anymore. (This is pretty impressive length for time for an upper to bring on a tolerance.)

Tolerance symptoms: I started sleeping in till 8:00. Upon awaking, I'd feel exhausted and groggy. (Through I almost always slept well on the Temazepam.) I'd pop at V as soon as I woke up, then drink some strong coffee. In a half-hour I'd be on top of the world -- but only for a little while. By 10:00 a.m. I'd feel "crashier" than ever before. I had to eat breakfast or I'd feel like my stomach was eating me from the inside out. Even after the second V, a couple of hours later, I was ravenously hungry. (I used to go all day without eating on two Vs and never feel hungry.)

- I could still work pretty hard and steady but my mood was robotic; there were no more good vibes. I was not nasty or negative-manic in any other way, but I was not happy, either.

- Generously, my doc allowed me to replace V for one month with Desoxyn 5MG x 5/day. (No, I'm not going to give you his name.) The idea was to break the tolerance by taking a D only when I felt I really needed to. Being short acting, it wouldn't be in my system all day.

- Of course I ended up alternating the Desoxyn with leftover Vyvanse when I was really down. The combo didn't work very well – that’s how burned out I was. I was awake, busy, and stable, but not feeling good. Eventually, after a couple of weeks, I started feeling exhausted all the time. sometimes I’d sleep 24 hours straight.

- Thus was born my Vyvanse/Benzo habit. So with about 10 days till next seeing my doc, I have through it through and come up with a mission statement: Reduce the uppers and downers to a reasonable level over time. (For me a good balance would be two Vyvanse 30MG every two or three days, and one or two Xanax at bedtime.)

- I started tapering last week but got interrupted by an intense cycling ride across Death Valley. (No shit.) This required a lot of V and D! But I learned in my couple of days of tapering that the Vyvanse is not so bad to withdraw from (gradually of course), and the Xanax works together with the V to help reduce the necessary quantity of both of them to get through the day -- and night.) It's nice to have some Desoxyn on hand for those days you're really wasted but don't want to the long-term effect of a Vyvanse. The idea, of course, is to build up a tolerance.

- Things are a bit out of hand right now but I’ve got it together and am confident with my doc's assistance I'll reach my goal. At that point I hope the V still helps me through my day, and that I can sleep well. I know I'll not get that nice little buzz again, but I can live without it if I can find the balance that enables these drugs to do what they were intended to do.

Overall, for people like me, I'd recommend the Vyvanse/Xanax combination, starting at a low dosage and keeping them as low as you can. Don't take Vyvanse every day. Try the best you can to avoid Vyvanse tolerance, and let it do its good stuff for you. (Xanax tolerance is inevitable but also can be beat if you have to.)

Good luck and be well.

I'd love to meet your doctor...I want Dysoxyn and 5mg Xanax...!

Yes, I've got a fantastic psych. He trusts me and I don't abuse the drugs he prescribes. Well . . . when except maybe when I'm on a long bike ride and getting tired and there's a Dysoxyn in my back pocket. Dysoxny is pretty hard-core and I use it only occasionally to avoid building up a tolerance to Vyvanse. Life is good these days.

I got a script for Vyvanse 20mg and will be taking my first dose tomorrow. I get up at 1pm and will be working at night (probably till around 2am). If I take a pill when i wake up will it be effective till at least 2am? I have heard different duration times from different sources.. I have zero amphetamine tolerance.