View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Worst Psychedelics thread

I can not truly say which was the worst because all of them were good ! =D
But I got the least out of LSA.

ive been reading what many people report as being in a m hole, from mxe. most say they cant remember a lot when coming back to sobriety. so how come some people love that? isnt that like being cheated of a beautiful thing? if i couldnt remember at least half the things i thought of, or emotions i felt, or visuals i had when tripping, i think i would just give it all up

when I dosed ~700 morning glory seeds I had the most brutal body load ever and leg cramps and smoking pot somehow didn't even help it. It was awful. Other than that I don't think any other trip was too bad, although I had a pretty bad body load from an impure batch of 2c-e once.

ive been reading what many people report as being in a m hole, from mxe. most say they cant remember a lot when coming back to sobriety. so how come some people love that? isnt that like being cheated of a beautiful thing? if i couldnt remember at least half the things i thought of, or emotions i felt, or visuals i had when tripping, i think i would just give it all up

I tried 70mg MXE for my first time and blacked out, fell alseep at some point, then woke up with some naaaasty shits. I personally don't think it's a psychedelic but it's definitely up there with the worst. If it makes sense it feels very "clean" in terms of body load etc. but the whole trip just feels like a dirty way of being high.

For me, Ayahuasca....That shit tormemted me for hours....Sick stuff...

mCPP is another drug i hate...

The only unpleasant drug experience I've had was when I ingested several (3?) pressed caps and subsequently smoked close to an eighth of good chronic out of a vapourizer. Got very paranoid and couldn't enjoy the basketball game I had planned on watching. I'm pretty sure ecstacy isn't a psychedelic, but whatever. Sue me.

It's got to be 5-MeO-DiPT, from what i remember it was completely useless and disgusting, with nervous, uncomfortable feeling with no depth or anything valuable. I tried it few times many years ago and every time under it's influence felt like just a few wasted hours. Probably tells something about it's shittiness that i can't even remember how to descripe it properly.

Amanita muscaria (also many years ago), made me just vomit like crazy and feel feverish. For added bonus it left me with the most undescribably disgusting taste in my mouth, almost making me vomit everytime i remembered that taste for quite awhile. Didn't obviously dry it long enough before consumption. I have heard that if properly prepared they can give quite an interesting experience but my stomach is probably too traumatized from it to even consider trying it again at least for few decades.

Morning glory seeds gave me one of the worst body loads ever too, but they at least had some, almost too much mentally challenging, depth to them on the one occasion i tried them.

For me, Ayahuasca....That shit tormemted me for hours....Sick stuff...

Aya is very hard on the body too, but i think that's part of the "purifying" process (well the point of the whole "Purge" can be argued tho). It's the one psychedelic i consider to have absolutely no recreational value and being purely a very serious shamanistic/therapeutic tool. However I have only used it with syrian rue and moclobemide, not with caapi as the real ayahuasca is supposed to be.

I don't get the Salvia hate at all, it produces totally unique journeys imo. And shrooms are my favourite psychedelic no doubt.

Would love to try DPT someday!

Well I have only done 3 "trippy" drugs so far, mxe, dxm, and 2c-e. Out of them I'd say 2c-e is the worst and dxm is in second place for the worst.
2c-e was amazingly visual and pretty mind blowing, but it gave me TONS of anxiety. Sometimes it had me hating myself. I had some moments of pure bliss on it but most of the time it was only "decent" as far as actually being enjoyable goes, and when it was bad, it was BAD.

DXM was my favorite drug until it lost the magic, when it turned into a borderline unpleasant numb clusterfuck of meh.

Out of what I've done so far, I'd have to say 5-MeO-DALT. It is nothing but a few hours of awkward stimulation with the feeling that something is about to happen but nothing ever does. Total waste of money. This experience has discouraged me from exploring other 5-MeOs such as Moxy. Blah.

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose sucks just taking 7 seeds because the nausea and fatigue combined with muscle tightness last a long time and make the first 3 hours more like a chore. Not fun. However, this is not the worst drug because it did produce very important insights for me. Just not worth the side effects.

Bromo-DragonFLY, total emptiness the entire time even thoguh i was with 2 close friends. It was just impossible for to enjoy in any way. As soon as tried to sleep my mind wasnt having it, thought i was gonna go crazy for a lil while. Just isnt fun stuff IMO

For me it was 4-AcO-DIPT. Completely disgusting bodyload and "stimulation" from hell, kind of like DPT or 2CP but just in a sort of annoying unbearable way. I just couldn't wait for it to stop. Besides from that, visually and mentaly I was unimpressed.

it was 16 mg by the way. never again.....

5-MEO-DIPT-How it got the nickname foxy Ill never know....DOC- the first six hours is somewhat acid like.The last six hours makes you feel like a tweaker coming down off a three day binge....DOI- The most cracked out psyche I ever did.Everything was moving and changing colors continually, but it had absolutely no magic at all and a horrible strung out body high.Yuck! I did it once and threw the rest down the toilet the next day......

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe how Foxy (5-MeO-DIPT) has such a bad reputation. It's one of my favorite substances EVER! I treat it almost with reverence, and I learned a lot from it. Incredible molecule! Also I have given it to several friends and all are ecstatic with it.

But on topic. My least favorite psychedelic has to be Salvia. On small dosages it passes too fast. Oh higher dosages it's too immersive and out of control to be of any use. I admit I do not know very well how to use it and I could benefit from more experience, but right now, it's the substance I least want to repeat.

Last edited:
i really dont dislike any psychedelic ive tried.

probably the worst might be dmt, but i still love it (i just prolly might never revisit on purpose). its just not useful, imo, for what i utilize psychedelics for. too short, too intense, too bizarre, and too hard to remember. beautiful experience, tho.

mayhaps if we include dissos, dck can have some awful side effects, but its still in rotation regularly.

if we are including ALL drugs, its a tie between amyl-nitrite and whatever random chemical they sprayed on this batch of spice my friend had me try the other day... neither produces a "high" as i know it, and both made me feel terrible. pointless af, ime.

Lol nepalnt you rezzd a thread that's been dead five years, but I'm glad you did because I haven't seen this one yet!

2C-P without question is my least favourite, nothing but puking/heaving for 8 or so hours. And for all that the only benefit was some slightly fuzzy vision. 2C-T-7 is similar for me, probably due to the similar structure, but gives me better visuals so it doesn't get worst place.

That said, I'm surprised so many are coming down on DXM. It makes me puke too, but usually only once and then the rest of the trip is a blast. I really don't mind having a 'purge' feature in my trips, just so long as it doesn't take up the entirety of it!

Whoa crazy, DOC is one of my favorite drugs. Do you get sleep paralysis sometimes anyway? I've had it before but it's only ever been when I had a lot of serotonin depletion from abusing MDMA or AMT (both serotonin releasers).

Crazy how complex the interactions with drugs and the body/brain are. The same drug can affect different people very differently, and even the same person differently based on all kinds of factors going on in their body at the moment.

I think I kind of did too much and still had Haldol in my sytem. I tripped yeah, but it was nothing interesting. I do not normally get sleep paralysis but I think Haldol had something to do with why the trip was pretty basic serotonin uncomfort. plus I was doing meth all the time then

DALT was garbage. Weird, tense bodyload and vague, fuzzy dissociation. The visuals consisted only of strobing and the whole body felt poisoned.

I don’t care very much for 4-AcO-MET either. It’s given me the anxiety of a 4-AcO-DMT trip, without the depth and warmth to distract me. Maybe it only opened my eyes to the truth, but it left me feeling like a materialistic dickhead with little chance of redemption. Compare this with ‘-DMT, which delivers the same feeling but couples it with the sense that some kind of spiritual entity is embracing me and accepting me. In the future I would opt for a low dose of mushrooms or another 4-sub instead.