• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

fastandbulbous said:
I'd post my recipie for Cajun quorn, but I'm not prepared to have a page of people (and you know who you are =D) ripping the piss for being a veggie & using a meat substitute instead of chicken...

Pah, bollocks to that! Post it, it sounds yummy (minus the Quorn obviously ;) ). :)

now if you like i am just stuffing my face with my second one- this time i added mushrooms(of the non magical variety=D) yum yum yum=D

kettle's on=D

Chicken casserole(great cos it's cheap and cheerful and the meat can be substituted for sausages, lamb, beef, more carrots etc=D)

for this you will need
chicken
plain flour
carrots
leeks
oxo cube
red wine
salt and pepper
anything else laying around that needs eating!!=D

cube chicken and roll in flour mixed with pepper so it is coated, add to a hot oiled pan and let meat sear on all sides, meanwhile mix up oxo cube with water to make stock(sometimes if i'm feeling particularly wintery i add a dollop of marmite....drool...) then when when meat is seared add stock to pan, then add chopped leek, carrots and any other veggies that are laying around, pour on a giant slug of wine, a weeny bit of salt and lots of pepper=D
pour all the above yummy mixture into a casserole dish and then bung in an oven(200 degrees for 40mins)- twiddle thumbs then serve.....................soooooo yummy!!! especially if you make it day one and cook to eat day two cos the gravy goes all thick and yuuuummmmyyyyyyyy.............drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollll=D

Hay Miss K - When ya gonna cook my dinner?????????

& I take some feeding =D

Belly pork in tea, chilli and ginger possibly dong po.

Take belly pork slices, the leaner the better. they need to be sufficiently wide that when cubed they don't fall over too easily.

Put in a frying skin side down, with a small amount of oil and fry for as long as possible. Fry very gently so the fat under the skin renders as much as possible.

When you fear it is burning, or about to, brew a cup of tea. Add onion, finely sliced chillis, and a thumb sized piece of ginger. Fry for a few minutes. Add finely chopped garlic. Fry for a minute. Add the tea. Add carrots sliced.

Cook until the tea has reduced. Thicken with some cornstarch.

Serve with noodles or rice.

Spanish Omlette.

Ingredients

Four middling sized spuds
One decent Onion.
Olive oil
Garlic, if desired
Three eggs
Milk

Directions

Beat the eggs and add a little milk, beat some more.

Chop the spuds into thin pieces and dice the onion.

Fry the lot immersed in olive oil until the spuds start to show the faintest colour.

Strain off all the excess oil, until hardly any is left.

Add the eggs ( You should have just enough to cover the spuds and onion)

Fry on a low heat.

After a few minutes invert a plate over the pan and turn upside down so the omlette transfers, cooked side up, to the plateand slide back on to the pan to cook the other side.

Once all the egg is solid, serve.

Alternatively, allow to cool and put in the fridge to enjoy later cold or reheated:)

I'm starving and i'm going to have to go to the shops it seems, no bread, no milk, no fuck all to eat for breakfast. Can't be fucked. :|

^ It's fuckin mid afternoon spade - have dinner instead!

I didn't get up till 12 as went to bed at 7 or 8 this morning so eating patterns fucked + have no food and cant be arsed going to the shop even tho they are literally a stones throw away.

Dinner is half 7, haggis neeps n tatties as cooked by my mate. I'll tough it out till then eating apples n bananas.

QUESTION: When cooking and the recipe tells you to use a garlic clove but you only have the dried power stuff whats the equivelent of one clove of garlic in powder form?

I would guess that a garlic clove is mostly water, so approx a quarter of the size of a clove you would use. However, it may be less flavourful, so you could just add and then taste, add and then taste, until you are happy with the flavour.

happyus said:
or this you will need

frying pan
oil
2 tortillas
loadsa chedder cheese grated
tomato sauce=D

smear the tomato sauce on a tortilla and sprinkle lashings of cheese on top, then place the tortilla in a hot oiled pan (cheese side up), once the cheese starts to bubble slightly place second tortilla on top, flip wait till other side is nice and brown.....serve!!! MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!!!=D =D =D

Now that sounds like the food version of multiple orgasms (most Mexican food is anyway)- all it needs is a little bit scotch bonnet or similar to get the endorphins flowing! Actually, after discovering your home made cookies/biscuits were delicious (so much so that all mrs f&b saw of them were the crumbs in the bottom of the bag!), I can feel the saliva pouring into my mouth just thinking about them

Sung to the tune of 'Jerusalem'

'Bring me my oil, my pan of fry,
bring me my tex-mex and my bib...' =D =D

TheSpade said:
QUESTION: When cooking and the recipe tells you to use a garlic clove but you only have the dried power stuff whats the equivelent of one clove of garlic in powder form?

Just walk to the shop!!!

How does that even answer my question?

Walking to the shop has nowt to do with this....I have garlic powder I'm going to use it instead of buying garlic cloves.

TheSpade said:
How does that even answer my question?

Walking to the shop has nowt to do with this....I have garlic powder I'm going to use it instead of buying garlic cloves.

Waste not want not. Make do and mend says Mrs Sew and Sew.

Substitution of ingredients for what you have available is the art of cooking imo, and therein lies the potential for creativity. When you begin to understand what effect the changes you make have, and can evaluate the results you are learning to cook. Having the confidence to do that will help you progress faster than buying a thousand recipe books.

If you decided after trying that you prefer fresh to dried garlic it would be better than simply doing it because you have been told to.

Where is the proof of the pudding?

TheSpade said:

Personally I hate garlic powder. But to answer your question, I'd just add little by little and just keep tasting it until you're happy with the results. That powder stuff has a tendency to be quite strong and salty and is prone to overpowering the dish IMO.

It's a good idea to make sure you always have a bulb of garlic in the fridge along with a selection of dried herbs and spices. They last for ages and they're cheap too.

Yeah I have a few different herbs n spices in the kitchen, all dried stuff of course.

Im in the process of making some Carrot, Coriander and Chilli soup right now but I don't think i've put enough carrots in and a bit too many onions. Oooops!

We'll see how it turns out. I didn't have anything to weight the carrots so I just guessed how much it was I was putting in.

EDIT: It's made and its turned out OK but theres an overbearing taste in it and I'm not sure what it is. Can't pinpoint if it's too much onion, or garlic or corriander or the ginger. :\

Last edited:
Chicken Tequila Fettucine

1 pound dry spinach fettucine
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons gold tequila
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, diced 3/4 inch
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until
al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Toss with a little oil and set aside.
Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons
butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, tequila,
and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until
reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile cook onion and peppers,stirring occasionally, with
remaining butter over medium heat for 3−4 minutes. Add chicken
and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through
and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes). When sauce is done,
toss with well−drained spinach fettucine and remaining cilantro.