• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] The Clean vs. Dirty Acid Debate (Part 1 - Archived)

I've kept samples of LSD for seven years now, and last time I tried it (two years ago) was the same as the day I first got it. Of course, it is stored frozen in a vial with all of the O2 removed, which should keep it from degrading in any fashion.

Maybe church has such a vortex of karma around him it wrecks his acid but glogga is up flying with the albetross or something so it is different

err wait... thats fucking retarded lol

^^^^

Maybe. Or maybe he's right and some of us aren't sensitive to iso-LSD. I just don't like the way he comes off with "anyone who has done lots of acid can attest..." as if he speaks for everyone with such experience. He clearly doesn't.

Sorry. I didn't mean to come off that way... I get excited when I talk, I mean type, and then plus the whole non-personal internet thing, and...

I wasn't trying to generalize all people who've taken acid or whatever, I know it sounded that way. It's just that, I've definitely experienced acid degrading in quality, and I *do* believe it to be the result of not storing it properly (but it was never really around long enough to worry about storing). I am willing to admit it may be all in my head, especially if no one can agree with me. I've been wrong before, and I know I'll be wrong again.

If, in fact, the acid doesnt really degrade (because I never said it doesnt work anymore-- it always works fine!) and there arent any synergies at play, then I am that much more bewildered by the workings of the mind.

Damn. So no one else has experienced the "same acid--definitely different feeling" thing?

:(

*** EDIT***

The more I read it all back the sillier it sounds, so LOL at myself, but I could swear that there was always a noticeable difference in the way my body feels after ingesting what I knew to be old acid.... I mean, I'm seriously trying to account for placebo effect here.

Are there absolutely NO studies done on synergistic effects of lysergic compounds?

Last edited:
I had one LSD experience that was not right. Usual setting, very used to it. This batch made me very sick, and just did not have all that every other bit of LSD I have eaten has. ANd I was sick, and had morning glory-like feelings at times. I was told it was old, and he sold it to me cheap.

But it was LSD. THis is 1994, way before 5-MeO-AMT, DOC, and DOI on blotter. ANd it had the same LSD time-course.

THe other 100+ trips were LSD is LSD is LSD.

i no chem major so i cant tell u why but i have had acid that felt incredibly light on the body and other times i have had acid that gave me muscle cramps and on occasion vomiting.

As for what church said, 6 years ago me and my friends had a vial of acid (very good acid) but on my last trip with it me and the friend i took it with both vomited (which had never happened to us before that). So im not sure what that means but it could have been that the acid degraded (tye vial was 2 months old).

I'm not sure that the correlation of vomiting and old LSD means much. I've had acid before that did that to me from just one ~ (Berkeley CA in the 70's). I attest it to a very strong dose of LSD 250ug+. I still watched the green grass grow and turn many colors, afterwords the trip went just like the rest of my trips "is what I expected of a trip".

Albeit my experiences are not everybody else's; just like my beliefs and expectations, which has allot to do with the direction and quality of my trips in my past.

Set and setting, everyones trip is gonna be different.

In the late 60's There was a test done, using a brand new batch of LSD.
This is what they did; They used 4 different color gel caps (not the cap the powder in the cap)

They went into the streets of San Francisco and past them out to 4 different groups of people. after a while the reports came back describing the quality of the LSD.

The red group said the acid was speedy, the green group said the acid was mind blowing, the yellow acid caused body load etc...

(What I'm describing here is from memory) but the jest of this experiment says; LSD is very dependent on your expectations or the groups expectation of what there expecting from a trip while they drop together, or by themselves.

Sett and setting is not enough to guarantee a magical trip. I feel that if there is the slightest negative thought about the quality, age or if it is something else like a DOxxx etc.... your trip is gonna flow in that direction of uncertainties.

After reading forums like this and others these last few years. I'm noticing that there are many different points of view and beliefs from so many counties, cultures and education level etc... etc... etc...

We did not have the Internet in the 70's and 80's there was very little outside influence to taint our beliefs about the quality of the LSD at the time. It was always EXPECTED to be mind blowing. And it was!

So i feel if a person who is not fully confident yet in life reads xy and z made Joe blow get sick,body load, ect... just after ingestion. They simple may have wired there brain to react this way each time they take it. Then they tell there friend this WILL get you sick but after you vomit you'll feel fine and have a mind blowing trip.

Where all pron to the placebo effect. What is Placebo, it is really faith in something or someone you believe in, anticipation of what you believe may happen. This is a big cue to why we act the way we do.

I wish I could write better and articulate better, so i hope you all, kind of understand what I have always observed in pepole.

"Good" LSD, "Bad" LSD

When people say LSD is 'good' or 'bad,' it doesn't seem to make sense to me. LSD can be pure and potent, but LSD itself is LSD. For example, if you were to take 3 hits of 100 ug blotter it should be just as potent and good of a trip off of one 300 ug barrel of Orange Sunshine, no? The chemical itself is the same, why would there be differences in the trip? All the legendary blotters people talk about contain the same chemical as doses you'll find today, perhaps just in larger quantities.

Some blotters are obviously just stronger than others..ive had both strong and weak lsd, you can tell the difference.

I think it's from some of the LSD degrading into another form. One that commonly causes muscle aches and a few other symptoms of "bad lsd" or the stuff "cut with cyanide" ;) -- Obvious sarcasm about the cyanide.

I just mean, you can tell fresh acid 'cause it feels so great. But if you've ever eaten acid that's sat around in not so great conditions, you can feel the difference.

thugg said:
I think it's from some of the LSD degrading into another form. One that commonly causes muscle aches and a few other symptoms of "bad lsd" or the stuff "cut with cyanide" ;) -- Obvious sarcasm about the cyanide.
I've always heard about that, with the as you say cyanide, I'd always heard it was strychnine or what not, what exactly is it that causes the muscle aches and stomache issues with bad dirty acid? What is it that LSD breaks down to once it reaches it's "shelf life"? I never believed the cyanide/styrchnine story but never figured out exactly what it is that originated that myth.

bad lsd is the scapegoat for when your trip turns out less than utopian

lsd is lsd is lsd...

THE WOOD said:

lsd is lsd is lsd...

Wait so you're saying the stuff that made my stomach feel like it was getting holes drilled in it and my entire body aching is all from "a less utopian" trip??? There's has to be something more to it than just a mental thing. I've had good lsd and I've had stuff that on the downward part of the experience has mentioned symptoms. There's no way it's all a mental thing.

cubehead, i've dosed with friends from the same sheet and had stomach cramps while everyone else was feeling fine. Perhaps the LSD acts as a catalyst to make anxiety manifest physically through muscle aches, etc.

THE WOOD said:

lsd is lsd is lsd...

While set and setting always play a role, I don't that is the only reason behind this.. LSD is a massive molecule, and it's pretty easy to break down, with wind, light, etc. It's certainly conceivable that it could break down forming a less active isomer or something, one with more pronounced side-effects, and less of the desired effects.

Don't throw it out as just "less utopian" an experience.

thugg said:
While set and setting always play a role, I don't that is the only reason behind this.. LSD is a massive molecule, and it's pretty easy to break down, with wind, light, etc. It's certainly conceivable that it could break down forming a less active isomer or something, one with more pronounced side-effects, and less of the desired effects.

Don't throw it out as just "less utopian" an experience.

That's much more along the lines of what I'm curious about. Because I've had stuff that makes me feel wretched on the inside towards the end of the trip. Those days are long past now thankfully.

^+1. LSD can manifest a range of physical side effects including stomach aches and the runs.

as far as i know, lsd doesnt break down into any active compounds. to say that just because its a big complex molecule it will break down into something else is fallacious.

I absolutely disagree with the idea that all LSD is the same.

I've eaten so many different kinds of LSD and while many of them are similar, some are definitely "heady"... more visual, so smooth, pure enlightenment. And some are just confusing and feel dirtier.

Eating the tabs from the same batch is always similar to me. But the next sheet that comes around can feel different and all those hits will feel different.

I think some people are just more sensitive to it than others.