• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

NEEDLE exchange / SYRINGE discussion thread

I've only bought syringes at my local Wal-Mart. a 10-pack of them is $2.85 or so (can't remember but never higher than $3)...

I've never been refused or questioned; not even looked at strangely. Wal-Mart is a money hungry corporation that could care less, and for that I'm happy. :)

in ma you can buy them over the counter in any pharmacy as long as you know what you are asking for. they made it legal to cut down on diseases spread by needle sharing. you just have to show id and be over 18

The local Wal-mart sold them to me for about a year (only sold boxes of 100... which was only $12 so I didn't complain), then suddenly asked me for a prescription and wouldn't sell them without one.

It took a while but I found a small pharmacy that will sell them. The key is to find the small pharmacy where every junkie in the region is going to get their 80s filled. That's the pharmacy that doesn't care and will sell you anything. Now I get to go in, pick up a few 80s and my needles at the same time, and various other things that would give legit pharmacists a aneurysm.

if only you could buy your recreational DOC of choice that way! :\

in ma you can buy them over the counter in any pharmacy as long as you know what you are asking for. they made it legal to cut down on diseases spread by needle sharing. you just have to show id and be over 18

i live in florida and it took me ages to find somewhere to sell me pins.

lo and behold, i walk into wal-mart and they hand me 100 of them with absolutely no questions at all.

now that's one-stop shopping.

Wal-marts in my area are starting to refuse to sell needles to people without a written order from your doctor. I hope it doesn't become state law.

that would be fucked up.

say hello to hiv/aids and hep.

if that was a law, its the dumbest law, its just TrYING to spread diseases

i live in florida and it took me ages to find somewhere to sell me pins.

lo and behold, i walk into wal-mart and they hand me 100 of them with absolutely no questions at all.

now that's one-stop shopping.

I havent used needles in a while but now im gonna to go to walmart and check that out!

Honestly I call around to pharmacy tell them im in town on vacation and have forgotten my insulin syringes and ask if I could possibly buy a 10 pack. Its usually not to hard to find one that'll sell you a 10 pack if you sign there 'book" Sure you get no's from some pharmacy's but I ALWAYS find one that will sell me some. Learn about diabetes, don't act nervous, and go buy some. by the way i live in Southern California and a lot of places are like "hell no" but it's really how you approach it. I ALWAYS have rigs that are new if that says anything. But I also don't use that much anymore. I have a 10 pk i've had for a few months now. also when you find a good pharmacy milk it till they wont sell you anymore!

Wal-marts in my area are starting to refuse to sell needles to people without a written order from your doctor. I hope it doesn't become state law.

thats some nazi shit, i hope the government has more fucking sense than that. and i know they don't, so i wouldn't be surprised.

Since this thread is specific to the U.S. so I'm going to move it over to N&SADD.

-> North and South American Drug Discussion

Hah! I know that Wal-Mart well, as I would always find myself there having forgotten a tarp or batteries or something I needed for backpacking. That was/is almost always my last stop before heading into The Smokies.

I don't think there are any laws where I live I think they are just OTC at the grocery generally. But I don't use them anymore. Bad deal.

Honestly I call around to pharmacy tell them im in town on vacation and have forgotten my insulin syringes and ask if I could possibly buy a 10 pack. Its usually not to hard to find one that'll sell you a 10 pack if you sign there 'book" Sure you get no's from some pharmacy's but I ALWAYS find one that will sell me some. Learn about diabetes, don't act nervous, and go buy some. by the way i live in Southern California and a lot of places are like "hell no" but it's really how you approach it. I ALWAYS have rigs that are new if that says anything. But I also don't use that much anymore. I have a 10 pk i've had for a few months now. also when you find a good pharmacy milk it till they wont sell you anymore!

yea dude that sounds good

I go to the needle exchange. I get 4-5 ten packs of sets. I get a cooker, tie off, water packs, cottons, alcohol wipes. They have a selection of things you can choose from for IV use. Its all free! Then i walk outside and walk a block down and by heroin. Good deal.

I believe the only states that require prescriptions for IV syringes are kentucky and california (some stores like walmart give people hell for buying syringes and dxm) . I can buy them at any pharmacy without even an ID in NY.

does anyone know if they are passing a bill in NJ about buying syringes over the counter w/o script?

My Town is Rather small only about 8000 people or so,and we have 3 Needle Exchange sites.
You can obtain Fresh supplies at the Methadone Clinic,also The Local Health unit and The Mental Health and Addictions section of our Hospital.All 3 Places usually Give you a Brown Paper bag or sometimes a plastic shopping bag with Needles,Sterile water usually 2 kinds one type for injection and the other to prepare nasal mists,Cooker spoons,Alcohol Prep pads,Tourniquets,Ascorbic acid packages which are labeled as enough to dissolve one full gram of heroin,Dental Cotton filters(None of Them have heard the term micron filter or wheel filter not even the nurses at the methadone clinic...which is sad as probably 80% of the injection Drug user's in my town inject Oxycontin And Morphine as H is Pretty Scarce)

I would Really Like to get My Hands on a Wheel Filter But Damn...None of the "Harm reduction" services in my town don't seem to know they even exist. also they all give out the disposable plastic one use insulin needles they give you like 20 in the original packaging,and I don't Believe the tips screw off...and don't you need a screw off tip for a wheel filter?

does anyone know if they are passing a bill in NJ about buying syringes over the counter w/o script?

Probably not. The needle exchange in newark is the NJCRI building on the corner of central and first street right off of 280e. Its fucked up because most all of the insulin syrings in the united states are manufactured in North Jersey but you need a prescription to get them anywhere besides the needle exchange i just listed. If you copp in newark you should be very familar with where the NJCRI building is, if not and you still want to go there google it and they have a website with a phone number and adress. good luck