• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I discovered mixing them with yogurt completely masks the taste. Just like eating granola and yogurt to me..

I use Apple Juice. Since it's so sweet it covers the foul taste fairly good. I've tried many different beverages over the last year and half and apple juice by far is the best. But, i have heard that yogurt is a good way to go. A friend of mine swears by it.

RPG

ATF said:
I was just gathering some pods (onces too small to really score), and I got a drop of that milky white ambrosia on my hands, and I licked it. Very bitter. I actually feel high off that! Weird..or not?

well, wouldn't be weird if you'd eaten about 1/2 tsp of it.

the raw, undried opium latex is not worth eating.

it is very bitter, burns your mouth, and is much less efficient,
than letting it ooze out, then slowly drying into real opium.
eat a ball of the real opium about 1/4-3/8" across.

maybe up the dosage slowly if you O is weak, or you have too much tolerance.

careful though, remember,
twice the diameter of the sphere means EIGHT TIMES the volume,
hence mass, hence dosage.

Into the poppy pod megathread wit' you. :)

Just merged in that old thread about masking the taste of grounds... of course the two most recent posts which are somewhere above seem a little abstract now. ;)

but the crowns are darker,
and the overall pod shape tends toward an up-side-down triangular,

I think all crowns darken as they get really mature but the easiest way to tell is the shape of the crown... THe actually design of the crown is what helps me identify papaver somniferum it is very unique ... the orientalis crown looks very rigid triangles and not smoth little circles

On washing/storing pods

Hello. Just had a quick few questions I couldn't find using the search engine or anywhere else on the internet for that matter...

Okay, I've asked my vendor multiple times whether her poppy pods are grown using any chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc, which she's never answered and seems to be avoiding. Would it be okay to just rinse them under running water prior to crushing them like you do with fruit/veggies? Would this interfere with the consistency or potency in any way? Would it even help get rid of pesticides if there were any? How common is it to use chemicals on pods grown in the U.S.? And have any of you had or heard of any reactions to pesticide use on pods...if so, what were they?

My other question was this: how do you store your pods/powder if you buy in bulk? I can't seem to find a straight answer on this...is it okay to put them in the freezer in Ziplock bags, or will this negatively affect them in some way?

Thanks!:!

Uh to you people saying tea is mostly codeine. You are dead wrong. Codeine is only like 0.5%-1% in the pods. Morphine is 8-15% Codeine has little role in the intoxication.

Here's way. Codeine is not effective to swim for liver reasons I guess. I think he fall in the 10% population that doesnt that the gene.

PT kicks SWIM's ass, he uses 10 giant pods. Lasts all day.

To the other dude. I can't get off (sexually) either. And swim has fell asleep trying :)

Of course a vendor won't answer that. They're sold under the guise of being for decoration. Maybe you want to ask the vendor what the best way of preparing them for drinking is while you're at it. Ask which ones have the most morphine by weight too.

Congrat's, you managed to find the world's stupidest vendor. You give up the game and let them know what you're really on about and they continue selling to you.

Or, maybe you're the moron- for all you know you're being sold pods by a DEA agent and giving up information about yourself.

Okay, I've asked my vendor multiple times whether her poppy pods are grown using any chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc, which she's never answered and seems to be avoiding. Would it be okay to just rinse them under running water prior to crushing them like you do with fruit/veggies? Would this interfere with the consistency or potency in any way? Would it even help get rid of pesticides if there were any? How common is it to use chemicals on pods grown in the U.S.? And have any of you had or heard of any reactions to pesticide use on pods...if so, what were they?

You should be fine running them under a tap to get rid of pesticides; but if these are being sold with the blind eye turned to consumption, then they should be fine.

Oh yeah, and this thread really belongs in the pod mega thread, so I'm gonna move it there.

Obviously I gave a justification for wanting to know about the pesticides OTHER than consumption...some people actually DO have chemical sensitivities and DON'T want things in their homes that have been shown to cause all manner of disease, even in small concentrations. I asked this vendor what strain these were BEFORE asking her that, which she also failed to answer, so it appears to me she's just ignorant of what she's selling or lazy.

***Edited by Mr Blonde. I understand where you are coming from, but this isn't the place for it. If you have a problem with another user, PM a mod (here's one!)***

Last edited by a moderator:
I just edited your post, Lady Codone, and removed the ones below (you know who you are ;)).

Ham's post, whilst blunt, certainly did not warrant that reaction and as I say above, if you have a problem let a moderator know; don't clutter up a thread with this stuff.

He has a point though; vendors are selling a product that is, if I remember correctly, not exactly legal and well known by the authorities to be used for drug purposes. You're not going to get many answers out of them, lest they think you are a DEA member trying to catch them at their game. Washing them off should be good enough, but if you are really concerned about pesticides and other chemicals then maybe you shouldn't be using pods, or any street drugs at all since you have no idea what they have been contaminated with.

As for storing them, freezing won't do any harm. It's boiling that's the kicker.

Lady Codone said:
Hello. Just had a quick few questions I couldn't find using the search engine or anywhere else on the internet for that matter...

Okay, I've asked my vendor multiple times whether her poppy pods are grown using any chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc, which she's never answered and seems to be avoiding.

look,

if you're in the US-
don't go looking for trouble like this, with poppies.

the DEA are crypto-fascists, when it comes to poppies.

^
I agree if you want to be sure to have certified organic pods grow your own!

So I'm down to stems now. My next package won't be here til tomorrow morning. Seems like forever. The high from these poppies is better than pretty much anything I've tried. And I've tried just about everything. But on the other hand, the withdrawal is horrible. Just horrible. So I'll use my stems to hold me over.

I also have quite a few white flowers I've found within some of my pods. I've been told you can smoke these? I have no clue how true this is. Anyone have any idea?

Is it really that much more dangerous to use seeds than pods? I can't see why, if one part of the plant can vary so much in morphine content (Seeds), another part can also vary a lot (pods).

I can't get pods but organic seeds are available pretty cheap. I'm thinking about making some tea from about 250g of seeds then increasing subsequently if this isn't enough. I can't see this being too dangerous; the kid who died was using almost 1600mg of seeds...

question for the idler

The_Idler said:
well, wouldn't be weird if you'd eaten about 1/2 tsp of it.

the raw, undried opium latex is not worth eating.

it is very bitter, burns your mouth, and is much less efficient,
than letting it ooze out, then slowly drying into real opium.
eat a ball of the real opium about 1/4-3/8" across.

maybe up the dosage slowly if you O is weak, or you have too much tolerance.

careful though, remember,
twice the diameter of the sphere means EIGHT TIMES the volume,
hence mass, hence dosage.

How long would you recommend drying the latex before consuming?

The yeild to get oipum from scraping is so dam low its not even worth it unless you have over 100 pods........ It takes like hundreds of pods to get a couple of grams of opium..........

I just make the tea it is easier and less taxing

Status
Not open for further replies.