• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB - HBr Vs HCL

What do you want to know? The hydrobromide salt is heavier so you need a slightly large dose compared to equipotent doses of 2CB hydrochloride salt.

There was also some less than great hydrobromide batches going around a year or so ago but to my knowledge that isn't a problem now.

The HBr is slightly less soluble in water, but not a great deal less.

My best experiences were on HCL, but they were also my first tries with the chem (phens in general have been (literally) a headache for me lately).

Yeah, samadhi basically covered everything you'd need to know.. The HBr is heavier so use a little more, not much though. I treated it as if it were the HCL, but I was insufflating it mostly. - I should say, I didn't realize it was the HBr until the very end, when it was almost gone.. (Wasn't mine, a friend was just feeding it to me all the time)

I've only had the HCL and it has recently been my favorite psychedelic since I first tried it. Its actually been the only psychedelic I've used in months. Its usefulness in social situations and relative controllability (at least for me) when compared to other psychedelics has made it one of my all time favorites.

Its also my favorite concert drug (the majority of the times I have taken it have been at concerts ~15mg) and small amounts of alcohol before hand seem to make the come-up totally unnoticeable and can enhance the euphoria (ymmv).

There have been multiple occasions where I have been talking to people I know well and they had no idea I was tripping until I told them...

As I only have about 2 doses left, the next time I get some will be the HBr, so I hope aside from the obvious potency difference, they will be indistinguishable. I've yet to try above 20mg HCL so I think I can still get some "mileage" and useful explorations from it yet.

Public//Enemy,

If you're picky about weighing doses, this is the conversion factor:

2C-B.HBr mg = (2C-B.HCl mg)(1.15)

E1, keep us posted how they compare. I, too, think they will be indistinguishable (perhaps a very few might have adverse reactions to the hydrobromide where they don't to the HCL, but I doubt it) other than dosage.

I owe the subjective changes in 2CB to my abuse of it over a very short time period, not the coincidence of switching to the HBr from the HCL.

was curious about dosage by weights so that helps ^_^ i felt the HBr may have higher toxicity issues or maybe i was just triping and it was all in my head oO

in my experience, the HCl is far more powerful than the HBr even with adjusted HBr dosage to supposedly match HCl intensity. And somehow it provides a lot less visual delights, especially OEV.

out of curiousity, ximot, have you ever found any signs of toxicity in phens, such as jaw clenching, muscle tension, headaches, etc.

/\ oh yes. But less so than with 5-MeO-DIPT.

Not so much jaw clenching but definitely muscle tension or even mild muscle tremor and cold extremities / circulation issues and occasionally chest pain. It got to the point where I thought yeah this is how I'm gonna die one day... but it kinda seemed like these might have been psychosomatic, kinda latent body issues being temporarily amplified due to the energetic catalyst. Not sure though.

I do tend to get easily overstimulated, and I have had bad headaches from 2C-I and high-dose 2C-E in particular, and once also from 2C-C after I'd decided to redose around peaktime. I think party they may have been tension headaches as I'd also had stiff shoulders.

I really am in two minds about the reasons... plus I have hypochondriac tendencies.

Ximot said:
in my experience, the HCl is far more powerful than the HBr even with adjusted HBr dosage to supposedly match HCl intensity. And somehow it provides a lot less visual delights, especially OEV.

quite often the hydrobromide is a hydrated salt and therefore contains even less 2cb base. the hydrochloride is almost universally the anhydrous salt.
HBr is often the mark of a lazy synthesis, as it is the intermediate product, the HCl usually requires high vacuum distillation to produce pure freebase and from it the hcl salt.

Can the HBr hydrate have the bound water removed w/o damaging the compound?

Well, even if its not got water tied up in it, its still about 26% less potent than the HCl. This is a significant amount to me.

fizzacyst said:
Can the HBr hydrate have the bound water removed w/o damaging the compound?

yes but what is the point when it contains water when acquired?

To remove the water so that its not a hydrated salt, so i can know exactly how much I'm taking?

I don't mean wet, as in, a pile of 2c-b that is is all gooey. But I don't have any realistic way of knowing if a given sample of 2c-b hydrobromide is the hydrated form, or which particular one (so its of unknown potency within a certain range. bummer).

You should start low with new batches to test for impurities. If you are familiar with the chemical, then you'll probably know pretty quickly what potency you're working with.

I know.

But nevertheless I'd like to be able to bake it or whatever and always know thats its going to come out the same.

Taking up the freebase in something, distilling it off, gassing it is fine if you have a lot, but I wouldn't want to bother with like 1g of the salt to start, you know? seems silly.

fizzacyst said:
To remove the water so that its not a hydrated salt, so i can know exactly how much I'm taking?

I don't mean wet, as in, a pile of 2c-b that is is all gooey. But I don't have any realistic way of knowing if a given sample of 2c-b hydrobromide is the hydrated form, or which particular one (so its of unknown potency within a certain range. bummer).

convert it to the hcl. it won't remove the impurities but will produce the anhydrous salt

Can this conversion be done with simple equipment. I was under the impression the HBr was available because the conversion was sort of tricky.

Peace.

the water molecule makes less of a difference than the cation (Br or Cl) in the salt. the weight difference between Br (80g/mol) and Cl (34.5g/mol) is 44.5g/mol. water is only18g/mol.

so 2cb HCl is 296.5/mol, and 2cb HBr is 341g/mol, while the hydrated 2cb HBr is 359g/mol.

so the conversion from HCl to hydrated HBr is 1.21
as opposed to 1.15

so i come up with HBr hydrated form is 17% less active.
Hbr form is 13% less active

one more question:

all of these forms would bind with the same affinity to brain receptors correct? the salt is probably dissolved before it reaches the brain. so the 2cb molecule is the only one producing affects? am i correct here? the salt just puts it in an easy to take material? (and makes it weigh more)