• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB - HBr Vs HCL

I believe you're entirely correct about the salts' lack of influence on the cns. The only thing it might do is effect the rate it's delivered to the brain.

brome is said to be psychoactive by itself as well, I wounder if that makes any difference as well?

I presume you mean "bromide"? It is a hypnotic at high concentrations (at least several hundred mg), but not at the concentrations used in association with 2C-B. :)

bromide is also a toxin, but not until 50mg/dL of blood (so said a thread on here about DXM HBr)

so we don't have to worry about that i'm (almost) sure.

yea i don't know if it's monohydrate or what. are we sure that it IS hydrated though, and it's not anhydrous? it only makes a small difference in dosage, but still i'm curious.

also, if i store my 2cb with some silica gel packets, won't the water be taken away, then i don't have to worry about it's weight?

also, if i store my 2cb with some silica gel packets, won't the water be taken away, then i don't have to worry about it's weight?

It will keep it dry, but it will not remove the waters which are part of the crystal structure. That can only be done by heating to fairly high temperature (100-150 C) in a vacuum.:D

so should i account for the extra 18 grams/mole that a water molecule adds?
the conversion is 1.15 mg HCl = 1 mg HBr
or 1.21 mg HCl = 1 mg HBr - H20

i already have my doses weighed out, so it doesn't really matter at this point. and i know it's safer to start out low. but i'm just wondering. would my 20 mg dose be more like 16.5 or 17.4 mg of HCl?

so should i account for the extra 18 grams/mole that a water molecule adds?
the conversion is 1.15 mg HCl = 1 mg HBr
or 1.21 mg HCl = 1 mg HBr - H20

i already have my doses weighed out, so it doesn't really matter at this point. and i know it's safer to start out low. but i'm just wondering. would my 20 mg dose be more like 16.5 or 17.4 mg of HCl?

Yes, you should take the waters in the hydrate into account. However, you don't know if there are one or more waters in the salt. Shulgin states that there is more than one hydrate of the HBr salt. As a first approximation, you can assume one water. The molecular weight of the HCl salt is 292.65, the HBr salt is 337.1, and the HBr hydrate is 355.1. Thus the conversion is 337.1/292.65=1.15 for the anhydrous HBr salt and 355.1/292.65=1.21, just as you said.

any way to tell the difference between the anhydrous form and the hydrated form? my friend (trusted) just told me that it was HBr, but that's all he knows.

i measured five doses: 15, 19.5, 20, 22, and 23 mg. that's equal to 13, 17, 17.4, 19, and 20 mg, OR
12.4, 16, 16.5, 18, and 19 mg. hopefully the four larger doses are large enough. the small one is for a friend that wants a light trip.

any way to tell the difference between the anhydrous form and the hydrated form? my friend (trusted) just told me that it was HBr, but that's all he knows.

i measured five doses: 15, 19.5, 20, 22, and 23 mg. that's equal to 13, 17, 17.4, 19, and 20 mg, OR
12.4, 16, 16.5, 18, and 19 mg. hopefully the four larger doses are large enough. the small one is for a friend that wants a light trip.

There will be a difference in melting point between the anhydrous salt and the hydrate.

^^^thanks. but at this point i'm just gonna see how it works out with the doses i have measured.

^ I wouldn't worry too much--in my experience the dose-response curve of 2C-B isn't very steep.

is there any simple way to tell those two salts apart if one doesn't know which one is there?
Sorry to revive the thread but I want to not be a Greenlighter & search function etc..

@ungelesene_bettlek
The HBr salt is water soluble while the HCl salt is not.

Does literally anyone in the world make 2C-I anymore? I'd kill for it
It hasn't been around for years and years. That's about all there is to be said on the matter, given that we don't talk about sourcing on here.

I had some back in 2003, but never tried it, and it got lost amid a bunch of moves.