• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

I have tried DOB once, at approximately 3mg, and received a night of stimulation both mental and physical, but at the time I was taking a lot of DOXs (mostly DOC) quite often, as well as other psychedelics, so I do not expect that it would be a typical response from me. I have always thought it sounded like one of the best DOXs, because of its general description of extreme psychedelia and clarity of thought.

Also, I added a link to this thread in the Best of PD page.

^^^^ Approximately? <beats Xorkoth with chains and expels him from the Safe Psychedelic Users of America Foundation> ;)

Experience with known compound of known purity.

Strong visuals, heavy body load, more insightful than 2Cs but far, far less insightful than LSD.

Start going much above 3 mg for the typical person who is experienced and also not still refractory from other recent psychedelic use and it starts becoming really unpleasant.

At higher doses it has the potential for periods of going in and out of total loss of reality in a not (to me at least) pleasant fashion. If you are going to push the limits, I strongly advise that you stay safely at home so that after intermittant periods of what I can only describe as a sort of psychedelic blackout you find yourself still safely on the couch.

But I really don't recommend it in higher doses in the first place. If you are young enough to handle the exhaustive nature of it all, you might enjoy it.

I just don't have that much jam anymore ;-)

DOB I've had once at 2,0 mg producing an interesting experience marked by very clear, almost crystalline thoughts and a constant want to analyse everything in an overly technical manner. It came and went in waves for about 20 hours, only visual and unusually beautiful for about 30 minutes when I smoked a joint (somewhere between T+ 4-6 hrs), there were sparkling rainbows in every droplet of water, refracting in the window and clouds soared beautifully in the sky.
I took it on a local holiday with a fun fair in town - seeing the intricate workings of the inner city was amazing and a thrill ride blew my mind. :)
There is still 8 mg left, it doesn't have any traditional magic like the classic psychedelics though the trip was unique and pleasant. It will definitely be repeated at a dose of 3,0-3,5 mg when I have a good amount of benzo's in my posession, I'm not sure about the shelflife of (part of my) DOB suspended in an aqueous solution and 20+ hrs of health problems vs. 20+ hrs of extreme and possibly useful mind expansion have to be contemplated... :D

Solipsys said:
...I took it on a local holiday with a fun fair in town - seeing the intricate workings of the inner city was amazing and a thrill ride blew my mind. :) ...
You went on an actual rollercoaster while already riding a figurative DOB one?

tobala said:
^^^^ Approximately? <beats Xorkoth with chains and expels him from the Safe Psychedelic Users of America Foundation> ;)

Yeah, it was blotter given to me by a friend. I could only assume his estimate of 1mg per blotter. :\

tobala said:
You went on an actual rollercoaster while already riding a figurative DOB one?

Haha sort of, yeah. Only it was one of those things where you're tumbling upside down while spinning around while being swung into the night sky.
You could say there was 'peak overlapping' involved... =D

I have only tried DOB once on blotter and I was coming down from a 5g shroom trip.

For me DOC>DOB>DOI, But I have only tried DOI and DOB once each and DOC about 20+ times so my opinion is kinda biased and have yet to try DOM but have a stash.

The DOB didnt give me any body load. All i had was slight lower back cramps, which lsd gives me usually and some cold chills up and down my spine, which sometimes is enjoyable.
Unfortuantely I didnt know the dosage of DOB i consmed because it was on blotter, but i have a good estimate where it was around as i have dosed similar compunds and have an idea.

The DOB had me really confused and slighty giggly. I bet at larger doses it is not nice to the body.

But with DOx's sometimes it is a real clean high while other times I puke my guts out or get ches pains and such......nothing to really worry about but something to take into consideration.

The blotters I ate of DOB are the same ones that erowid has on the DOB page.
Sadly they were sold to me as lsd, but the second i put it in my mouth i new it wasnt cause of the chemical taste.

The first 12 hours of my one DOB trip were actually nice -- but the remaining 24 were not. A very... maturing experience, though, sort of like going through a war can be.

The sunset I saw during the first 5 hours was nothing short of orgasmic. The sunset I saw at T+30 brimmed with eternal sadness and despair, and was very symbolic, as if the setting sun symbolized the last minutes of my passing life.

rikki_tikki said:
The first 12 hours of my one DOB trip were actually nice -- but the remaining 24 were not. A very... maturing experience, though, sort of like going through a war can be.

The sunset I saw during the first 5 hours was nothing short of orgasmic. The sunset I saw at T+30 brimmed with eternal sadness and despair, and was very symbolic, as if the setting sun symbolized the last minutes of my passing life.

What brought on this sadness, do you have an explanation for the way your trip progressed? Mushrooms could always make subconscious material come out and pervade my mind with me having no clue whatsoever, but PEA's and DOB in particular allow for enough ratio and analysis to discover the source of my feelings, should they come aflooding.
Did your episode involve personal issues unrelenting or were you just overcome by general negativity, unable to turn the tide...
Also what was your dose, was is so high it became overwhelming and overriding?

Loer doses can be interesting (<3mg), but at the upper range of that I get muscle tension that's on a par with the muscle tension in the jaw muscles that MDMA produces. Because of that, you couldn't pay me to go over 3mg (best range IMO 0.75-1.5mg)

fastandbulbous said:
Loer doses can be interesting (<3mg), but at the upper range of that I get muscle tension that's on a par with the muscle tension in the jaw muscles that MDMA produces. Because of that, you couldn't pay me to go over 3mg (best range IMO 0.75-1.5mg)

At what dosage have you tried this compound?
Like I said I had one experience only with 2 mg, it was almost completely visual-free and I felt the bodyload only it was not annoyingly strong.
Interesting would be a good description of my trip also, although at 0.75-1.5 mg I think I would be to mild for me to work with efficiently or effortless.
But I'm very interested to hear what to expect at the upper range so that I can weigh it against the bodyload, which I'm sure will grow exceedingly stronger to the point where the tenseness isn't worth it anymore like you say. So my question is does the psychedelia pay off or does it only resemble acid but not quite make the grade...

Solipsys said:
What brought on this sadness, do you have an explanation for the way your trip progressed? Mushrooms could always make subconscious material come out and pervade my mind with me having no clue whatsoever, but PEA's and DOB in particular allow for enough ratio and analysis to discover the source of my feelings, should they come aflooding.
Did your episode involve personal issues unrelenting or were you just overcome by general negativity, unable to turn the tide...
Also what was your dose, was is so high it became overwhelming and overriding?

I think DOB is prone to this by the very nature of the compound. You can be upbeat and having a very good experience at 12 hours. After 24 hours fatigue and melancholy is a pretty natural reaction.

questions about DOxx's

2 Questions:

And how hard are the DOx's to synthesize? A little bird told me it isn't that hard to make them.

[source request removed. That's a no-no, even when vague.]

The thing is, your 'overseas' is probably different to my 'overseas' so there's no definitive answer to that question :D

Some DOx compounds are on the UN convention on psychotropic compounds list, so should be illegal in all signatory countries (things like DOM, DOB), outside that though, it's a lottery as to which other DOx compounds are controlled in individual countries

A partial list of countries that have scheduled DOB:

USA = Schedule I
Canada = all amphetamines
UK = Class A
Australia = Schedule II
NZ = Schedule I
Germany = List 1

Tried it with meth and a strong dose of MDMA+MDEA.. Umm yeah.. nearly died or felt like it.. total patternistic behaviour i've done in past movements and gestures and conversations coming out of me forced at hyperspeed.. all in a club. Felt like my heart and blood flow and body dunctions were being hypnotised by the music (180bpm+ hardcore techno), and the faggy bar tender wouldnt give me free water, he poured a glass with ice in it for me, and I was looking absolutely dead, opale and dehydrated.. asked for $3, said I didn't have eny money so he pours it down the drain. (which is illegal in queensland).. all the visuals tied in to my body pains, jerks, heart/chest problems and what seemed like blood flow, which here some parts of me were very hot and red, other parts cold and very white.

I also lost a wisdom tooth by unlocking my jawe and chewing one piece of gum for like 2 hours.. somehow breaking my tooth upto little bits.

The visduals were pretty cool for a while, and it was different to any drug I've taken, but the next day was just horrible. The peak lasts for a few hours, while the comedown lasts for like 16. Not worth it in my opinion, although the speed and MD could have had something to do with it.

I also smoked DMT,m drank absinthe and did nitrous that night and was greeted by some sort of alien (oe maybe I was alien to them) creatures in a different world, which seemed n either positive or negative but they massaged my face where I felt full tactile sensations and my facial muscles being pushed around in a flow... was a kind of cool trip but someone ruined it by cracking out by smoking like 5-10mg of DMT if that and having a panic attack.

Whoa, you chewed your wisdom tooth into bits??

Basically, that sucks! I have tried DOB once, and I would not want to mix it with other stimulants, that's for sure. None of the DOX, for sure, but especially not DOB or DOM.