• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

Splatt do you have any idea of your dosage by any chance?

Next weeks 3 october, a historical holiday of festivity in my town...
last years 3/10 I did DOB for the first and only time yet at 2.0 mg, this year
I want to raise the dose as I only got an unconvincing ++ mentally. I felt it in my body and for a very long time at that, so I'm still going back and forth about it. There seems to be very little information about this - I have no idea whatsoever what the response curve will be like above 2 mg and where I can expect problems psychologically and where physically. I feel really stable so intense effects can be dealt with, although I'd dislike a strong strain as much as the next guy... Does anyone have any tips or rather a link that could help me figure out if perhaps 3.5 mg is good? Or if it would be wise/admittable to shift to 3.0 or 4.0?

Oh and another thing I've mentioned before: last year the only really apparent effects (including rainbow effects, extraordinary vision in raindrops and amazing cloud patterns) were induced by smoking a joint which I've quit in the course of the year... however I would expect that 2.5-3.0 mg DOB with an amount of eaten hash or extracted weed would be a complementing combination in every way! I'm considering adding it to the mix if the DOB doesn't get me where I'd like to be, next week. :)

If it's anything like DOI, 4mg will be way stronger than twice as intense as 2mg. In fact, with DOI, I find that 4mg is more than twice as intense as 3mg, so definately be prepared for a steep dose/response curve. Now I'm not 100% sure how it will be for DOB, but I'd say if in any doubt at all, then definately don't jump right to 4mg.

I would go with 3 or 3.5mg. I have developed a high tolerance to DOX chemicals, so the only time I tried DOB I had about 3mg and it was unconvincing, as you described. I have 4mg left and will probably take it all once I feel it's the right time. I anticipate a very strong trip, and will probably never take it again as I have no more.

But yes, DOX substances climb in intensity really quickly as you raise the dose. But if 2mg was an unconvincing ++, then I'd say 3mg would not be too much to raise it by. 3.5 would certainly be noticeably more powerful than 3mg however.

OK useful extrapolation, thanks.
I will let it depend on circumstances and our collectives agenda. I'm certainly ready for a strong trip if my friends are fine with me freaking around and chaperoning like a child if neccessary... ;)
To be honest I wasn't thinking of 4 mg, I mentioned it for the sake of argument wondering if one can expect an overwhelming body load at that level or an overwhelmingly deep trip or perhaps both. The logical answer would be both but you never really know what will happen.

Have fun, or at least have a worthwhile time. Ever since reading several DOB reports in particular I have been dreaming of having a totally immersive experience via DOB. I've had such experiences on DOC and they were amazing, some of the best trips I've had... just totally soaked with psychedelia, unlike most phenethylamines. They're somewhat tryptamine-like in feel. DOB has always sounded to me to have the most analytical, mental element of the DOXs, while still being fantastically visual. Although there are relatively few reports, so that could be based on a random trend.

Well, one day I'll add my DOB report. :)

Thanks ^^ .

Do you or anyone else have a clue 'how much' phen crosstolerance 2C-B and DOB have? As I said next wednesday I'm planning on taking (probably) 3.25 mg of DOB, holding some hot hash cocoa contingent on the result. But I'm also considering using 2C-B tonight, maybe top it off with some N,N...

Can someone illustrate the significance of mental/physical tolerance effects? The question would also be: will that dose of DOB kick me squire in the face anyway, especially when added hash? Or is it definitely advisable to bet all my money on DOB, thus cancelling the 2C-B?
On a sidenote: I seem to have reached a point (mainly with acid) where there's not a whole not of new stuff to be learnt - it's now a fun review of the
lessons that have to be implemented into my life before any new deep ones will be presented to me. Although I doubt I couldn't force some really harsh eye-opening experiences on top of this if I were foolish enough to seek them.

Well, they've definitely got cross-tolerance. I find that all phens provide cross-tolerance to all others to some degree, but within the same family it is stronger. I find that a 2C-X before a DOX will allow the DOX to still mostly come through, but vice-versa, and the 2C-X will have a more difficult time coming through.

But mainly it's factor of frequency of dosing this way. So it would be about 5 days between the 2C-B and DOB? I would think that physical tolerance would be pretty much gone if not totally gone. If you don't regularly dose in this way, it probably will have little impact. However, if you regularly or frequently or habitually dose in this way, constantly pushing the tolerance envelope, then there is a long-term tolerance build-up. I did this for a long time and I still can't trip hard on almost any phenethylamine, only tryptamines (which I have not abused in this way so much). This is despite me rarely ingested phenethylamines anymore. A long-term tolerance has developed.

Solipsys said:
Do you or anyone else have a clue 'how much' phen crosstolerance 2C-B and DOB have? As I said next wednesday I'm planning on taking (probably) 3.25 mg of DOB, holding some hot hash cocoa contingent on the result. But I'm also considering using 2C-B tonight, maybe top it off with some N,N...

Can someone illustrate the significance of mental/physical tolerance effects? The question would also be: will that dose of DOB kick me squire in the face anyway, especially when added hash? Or is it definitely advisable to bet all my money on DOB, thus cancelling the 2C-B?
On a sidenote: I seem to have reached a point (mainly with acid) where there's not a whole not of new stuff to be learnt - it's now a fun review of the
lessons that have to be implemented into my life before any new deep ones will be presented to me. Although I doubt I couldn't force some really harsh eye-opening experiences on top of this if I were foolish enough to seek them.
All serotonergic psychedelics are cross-tolerant, but 5 days should be enough time for the tolerance to virtually subside.

Regarding your sidenote - my opinion is that there's always new things to be learned from psychedelic experience, although some "loss of magic" can appear occasionally. This loss of magic however isn't a sign to "hang up the phone" permanently because "the message has been received". Instead, it seems to indicate that a longer break from psychedelics is in order. Because after a while away from them, the magic always seems to return. Well, that's all IMHO anyway.

Best of luck on your upcoming journeys!

Great, thank you!
I agree with your 'loss of magic' sentiments, after a while of frequent tripping you can definitely have a nice experience and learn some minor things. Only thing is that the big picture lessons that accompany many deep and whopping trips lose their impact a little. With meditation I try to maintain my headspace a little. I feel lighthearted, floating through my life; still connecting with people but sometimes, like when I'm on the train, I feel different like I'm one of the few people that's probably really awake, conscious, aware. I feel blessed. A break from psychedelics would definitely be constructive, I don't think my outlook has much to improve from tripping in a while... but there is still a part of me that wants to keep exploring, still having a lot of fun and increasing dosages and combinations. I see a lot of people on BL who seem to be familiar with that. We'll see what happens, I expect to use much less acid and rediscover mushrooms. I haven't done them in so long because I figured I couldn't work with them fair and straight. Somehow I believe I can connect with the experience a lot more now, since I learned a lot from other experiences and doing my homework on this stuff in a significant part of my spare time. Oh well, that's what's up with me FYI ;) No more off-topic.

I'll try to write a report on DOB if it is interesting enough, post a link here. :)

^^ You sound so much like me. For what it's worth, I've had some problems with using psychedelics too often. On one hand, one such period (lots of AMT, 4-AcO-DMT, and some ketamine) produced a +4 (I have a report about it) that lasted for a long time... months. I felt more connected and alive than I ever have before, a really amazing time. I learned during that time my place as an incarnation of the universal consciousness (or whatever you call it), and I learned the power of universal love, and how the universe was born in it. I learned how to live my life in the best way possible, and how the love and positivity you output are returned to you. And that we are likely facing a pivotal time in the history of humanity, in whatever form that comes in.

I did, however, have a serious backlash after a while in which I felt disconnected and depressed and burnt out... what goes up must come down. I used AMT to combat it and went through 3 grams in 2-3 months, probably closer to 2. Which was great but when I ran out I experienced MDMA-abuse aftereffects, sleep paralysis, brain zaps, wild emotional surges... I felt I had damaged myself pretty badly. I had recurring dreams that were so vivid they felt exactly like waking reality, consisting of either the end of the world/universe, and/or waking up in a similar but different reality and not being able to wake up or get back. I have not had any AMT since then because as good as it is, I'm just too compulsive for it.

Then I received a small amount of pure 4-HO-DMT and ended up having an extremely powerful and psychedelic experience with it which I also wrote a report for (found in TR). I felt reset after that and the AMT aftereffects went away entirely. Since then I've been good about moderating myself to weekendly tripping only, and less of it when I do. And I've been able to wean myself off of kratom and other things which were making my life less stable. And I've been doing well... my glowing center of energy has returned and life couldn't be better. :)

My, we're feeling chatty today... might be better to continue this elsewhere if continuation is desired.

So, yeah, DOB...

I dont think i would take DOB again unless maybe I mixed it with some opiates or muscle relaxers. Would that help with the body load? My muscles cramped up and the trip was miserable at times.

I have tried DOB only once, in the midst of heavy tolerance to phens, at an estimated 3.5mg (the blotters that were going around with supposedly 1mg per blotter). I suppose I could have gotten weak ones and had less than I expected. But it was smooth, pretty underwhelming. Then again, that was shortly after I used DOC most days of a week-long vacation, up to 6mg. So who knows? 8(

I'm saving my last dose of it for a time when I will get something from it.

Hmm is the body load on this one really so bad? Can anyone compare it to DOI?

Because I was under impression that it was not so good with DOI either, but have really failed to find anything truly uncomfortable regarding DOI's body load (in fact only negative I've found is slight muscle tention, which gets kinda annoying after 12+ hours of tripping, but nothing too bad IMO). I can't imagine DOB really being that much different?

I think body load differs dramatically between users and between experiences. Also, when I first started using psychedelics, I got such a bad body load from everything I ever tried that I was afraid to use them and ended up having at least 50% negative experiences (meaning within each trip, 50% negativity/wishing-it-would-just-end and 50% positivity). Now, regardless of tolerance level, I'm comfortable enough with psychedelics that I don't get much in the way of body load from almost anything... leading me to believe it's largely psychosomatic for most compounds. For example, I didn't find DOI to have much bodyload either. And the first time I tried DOC< I hadn't tripped a lot yet, and found it overwhelming and uncomfortable. But now I think it feels great... I LOVE the body"load".

That being said, DOB did feel a bit more edgy than DOC or DOI. But I'm not too worried about it and will be taking at least 3mg when I do end up trying it again.

Me and 2 friends took some DOx last night and I seemed to be the only one tripping really hard. One of them was a first time tripper and he only complained about neck aches all night. The other seemed to be tripping but I was by far tripping the hardest. Then again my mind control is probably at a much higher level than them and I'm capable of just letting go and allowing the drugs to control me. I've also tripped alot in my life time so that may be another contributing factor. The body load was kinda bad for all of us but i was tripping the hardest and had the least to complain about when it came to body load. I guess im just good at ignoring the negative and enjoying the positive.

out of curiousity, realm, this was sold to you as LSD in a gel or on blotter -

I ask because you just know that it was some DOx, but not which kind -

I dislike hearing about that kind of thing - as I think more people should have access to quality LSD, rather than taking DOx's and thinking its LSD

DOB is an amazingly psychedelic! Unfortunately, it comes with a heavy price ... more body load and less euphoria than any other psychedelic I've tried. The mindstate is unlike anything else though. My mind was running on autopilot ... dissecting, analyzing, and comprehending. Despite the nausea and minor discomfort, DOB catalyzed one of my most cherished experiences. This one appeals very strongly to the intuition AND the intellect.

impressions of DOB

what do you guys think of it? worthwhile material?

i have 2mg sitting in my drawer.

i also may have been on it last weekend, of course i can't be completely sure since the hit was sold as acid :X to my friend :X ... i'm just lucky i was warned & thus planned my session accordingly.