• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

can police dogs smell for ecstasy?

Yes dogs have been trained to smell for MDMA... It depends how well they are concealed and packed i suppose ;)

Bare_head said:
Yes dogs have been trained to smell for MDMA... It depends how well they are concealed and packed i suppose ;)

all of them?

someone i know, walked past 2 dog's with 15 pills below his waist.
i was told they can smell below the waste. so perhaps some dogs are trained for specific drugs such as, some for Mdma some for certain amphetamines.

perhaps the dogs can only smell them if the odor is large enough, for example. holding 2 pills will bring about less odur to surface. where carrying 30 pills provides a mass of odur. i think they only want to catch out the dealers, as to cut off the chain at the top end if you understand that.

all those are just theories i have.

A majority of drug dogs can easily sniff out MDMA. However, if a dog is not in 'search' mode, it doesn't really care. The dog doesn't know the stuff it looks for is bad, just that it is part of a very fun game.

Aranys said:
A majority of drug dogs can easily sniff out MDMA. However, if a dog is not in 'search' mode, it doesn't really care. The dog doesn't know the stuff it looks for is bad, just that it is part of a very fun game.

not to be annoying or seem rude. i'v read also that the dog is trained with such technique as feeding the dog the drug, making it addicted so it gets use to the drug. than it lusts for it. (This would explain why the dog sits when it sniff's out the drug, because it is expecting the treat.)

so if so, the dog would be in "search mode" for the rest of its life. just like me
=D

Would very much doubt that. Good pills have a strong pernament marker smell off them so I'd imagine a dog would have no bother finding them.

Sniffer dogs are not fed the drug to make them search for it. Did you seriously think that was true?

ok, i did honestly beleive that.

not to seem rude, but i walked past 2 sniffer dogs before entering a rave with 2 pills on me and i was fine. the dogs were staged with 4 police officers at the gates (2-3 metres wide) and were sniffing all people as they went through. i didnt get caught, and they were below my waist.

Why would that seem rude? I can't say why they didn't catch you. Dogs are supposed to be incredibly good at this and MDMA is a pretty smelly chemical.

I just had a look around, and it seems that generally a dog is only trained for one chemical or a small group of closely related chemicals (i.e. similar smell)

I've never encountered sniffer dogs while carrying anything illicit. A friend has, in Soho, London, while carrying some weed. The dog stopped in front of him but he got lucky and the cop wasn't looking at that moment, so he stepped aside and the person behind him got searched.

Carsick said:
Why would that seem rude? I can't say why they didn't catch you. Dogs are supposed to be incredibly good at this and MDMA is a pretty smelly chemical.

I just had a look around, and it seems that generally a dog is only trained for one chemical or a small group of closely related chemicals (i.e. similar smell)

I've never encountered sniffer dogs while carrying anything illicit. A friend has, in Soho, London, while carrying some weed. The dog stopped in front of him but he got lucky and the cop wasn't looking at that moment, so he stepped aside and the person behind him got searched.

ROLF
thats what you call beening in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wanderer said:
not to be annoying or seem rude. i'v read also that the dog is trained with such technique as feeding the dog the drug, making it addicted so it gets use to the drug. than it lusts for it. (This would explain why the dog sits when it sniff's out the drug, because it is expecting the treat.)

so if so, the dog would be in "search mode" for the rest of its life. just like me
=D

thats a load of rubbish :p The sniffer dog's function is to provide a preliminary alert to the need for the search, the dogs are trained on real odour not pseudo. The dogs are trained on the pure odour of Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, LSD, Ecstacy, Marijuana and Hashish.

Trainers do not let the dogs eat the drugs.

^ just to correct one thing. Only one dog has been reported has being trained on LSD, so the plural is incorrect. ;p

Wanderer said:

=D

somoene bullshitted your

PETA would have a field day

not to mention that its highly highly immoral, no matter who you are

snapsy said:
thats a load of rubbish :p The sniffer dog's function is to provide a preliminary alert to the need for the search, the dogs are trained on real odour not pseudo. The dogs are trained on the pure odour of Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, LSD, Ecstacy, Marijuana and Hashish.

Trainers do not let the dogs eat the drugs.
No, most dogs are trained on a psuedo smell of the drug.

carsick said:
^ just to correct one thing. Only one dog has been reported has being trained on LSD, so the plural is incorrect. ;p

Nope, there have been a few.

-
It all depends on the way the wind is blowing, how well the drug is concealed, quantity, etc.

But yes, the majority of drug dogs are now being trained to smell out Ecstasy.

Would a dog also recognize ring-substituted amphetamines or phenethylamines? Or are the smells not similar enough?

Passing throught costums

Well last june when i got to the United states.

Having an American Passport, In Atlanta International Airport, Everyone now has to grab all their luggage and pass through costums , is called baggage Recognition.

There was a Guard there with a Dog, Probably a dog to detect drugs.

It Was funny that Once the People that had Foreign Passports were their in Costumes, the Guard Gets up in front of me with the dog and Passes right by me to the Other People with Foreign Passports.

Well My Heart Bit was racing, and I was praying hard.

You ask Why

Well I was carrying 100 Grams of Hash, and 100 rolls.

Well There was an Happy ending, they all made it safe

and People Loved it

Peace
Dance4Life

ControlFreak said:
Well last june when i got to the United states.

Having an American Passport, In Atlanta International Airport, Everyone now has to grab all their luggage and pass through costums , is called baggage Recognition.

There was a Guard there with a Dog, Probably a dog to detect drugs.

It Was funny that Once the People that had Foreign Passports were their in Costumes, the Guard Gets up in front of me with the dog and Passes right by me to the Other People with Foreign Passports.

Well My Heart Bit was racing, and I was praying hard.

You ask Why

Well I was carrying 100 Grams of Hash, and 100 rolls.

Well There was an Happy ending, they all made it safe

and People Loved it

Peace
Dance4Life
It would be sniffing for explosives, not drugs.