• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

can police dogs smell for ecstasy?

i once asked a k-9 cop if his dog could smell X??? he told me only in a large amount like 10-15 or more and i don't think he was blowin smoke up my ass cause he was my CO in jail and always would come and answer ?'s we had

interesting subject as im about to travel overseas........are any dogs trained to smell Ketamine?GBL?GHB?Benzos etc...?and if not how are these substances policed at the borders(if at all)?????????

HarryMoonstomp said:
Would very much doubt that. Good pills have a strong pernament marker smell off them so I'd imagine a dog would have no bother finding them.

No...I believe someone has been selling you permanent markers disguised as pills.

hollith said:
Apparently most of the sniffer dogs at raves are just for show. If one walks up to you and you run, obv the coppers will realise you have pills on you.

Me and all my friends took pills and speed into the last rave and the dogs came and sniffed us for ages and walked on.

The best way is to put them into a kinder surprise container and then up your you know what. It's what all the girls I know do.

I have no clue about airport ones though.

I wouldn't count on that. I got sniffed out carrying weed into a rave. I didn't even notice them until it was on me. There were some others that got sniffed out with pills. Just because only a handful of people get caught doesn't mean the dogs are duds.

Just makes you think though, imagine that, going to a rave with a couple pills just to have your own good time and you could be done for having class A's by the end of your night just because your substance of choice isn't classed as fit for the nation pshhh it sickens me.

We've all heard the rhetoric a million times. I'm not sure what the laws are like in other cities, but it seems sniffer dogs aren't allowed to actually enter venues here. Even big outdoor festivals.

Dogs can smell any amount of pills. They can smell if you have recently touched one.

Wanderer said:
ok, i did honestly beleive that.

not to seem rude, but i walked past 2 sniffer dogs before entering a rave with 2 pills on me and i was fine. the dogs were staged with 4 police officers at the gates (2-3 metres wide) and were sniffing all people as they went through. i didnt get caught, and they were below my waist.
=D

Reminds me of the time me and 2 of my friends got pulled over. We had a bong in the car, and my friend had a bag of weed in his pocket. Believe it or not, the friend with the bag was the only one that did not get physically searched.. and to add to it, the dog circled our car slowly while we stood right next to it, and didn't smell one thing! 8o

If anyone has ever seen one of these dogs in action you would observe the dog being whipped into a frenzy by the handler going, "Good boy! Go get it boy!! Good boy, good boy!!! Get it, get it!!" That is exactly how they are trained and the dog knows that when it finds the substance it will be praised even more and given a tasty treat. Like I said before, if the dog isn't put into game mode and doesn't think a reward will follow, it doesn't really care if you're carrying a kilo of H, a couple pills or nothing at all. If you see a cop just posted somewhere with a K-9, its just for show and intimidation value. 9 times out of 10 you could walk right by carrying whatever and be just fine and dandy.

Aranys said:
If anyone has ever seen one of these dogs in action you would observe the dog being whipped into a frenzy by the handler going, "Good boy! Go get it boy!! Good boy, good boy!!! Get it, get it!!" That is exactly how they are trained and the dog knows that when it finds the substance it will be praised even more and given a tasty treat. Like I said before, if the dog isn't put into game mode and doesn't think a reward will follow, it doesn't really care if you're carrying a kilo of H, a couple pills or nothing at all. If you see a cop just posted somewhere with a K-9, its just for show and intimidation value. 9 times out of 10 you could walk right by carrying whatever and be just fine and dandy.
I believe that.

Forgot to mention, when we got pulled over, they asked us if we had anything we shouldn't have on us.. of course we all denied it, and the cop sort of laughed.. and said "if I told you there was a trained K-9 behind us that smelled something would you change your mind? of course none of us were dumb enough to fall for that. Apparently the dog was just for show (because of what I stated above), and they felt the need to search the car physically, after letting the dog circle it. 8)

so either that or the dog's senses were really fucked up.

Last edited:
Wat about hash ???

Can cop Dogs Smell hash ??
if dey can then wat amount can dey smell ???

Dogs definately can pick up on the scent of MDMA. That liqourish smell, *I* can pick up on it from inches away easily and that means a dog could definately smell it from many meters away.

Splatt said:
Dogs can smell any amount of pills. They can smell if you have recently touched one.
can u give some facts to support that???PLZ i am interested to know about this myself

Because they are sitting next to people that are showing the signs of being on ecstasy or admitting they jusrt took a tablet, that are never found with any pills. My friend got the dogs attention and it was smelling the hand he used to get his pill out of the baggie. The dog smelled a few pills on me taped to my boxers near my ceotch but the cop didn't pull me aside despite the dog coming up to me 3 times. I wasn't searched because I didn't show any fear really, or that it wasn't time to search the next person sniffed yet.

Why would any of you enter a rave where there are sniffer dogs waiting outside? That is just insane to me, do not support events like that!

Well I think it's more the police's decision my friend. I don't think the organisers of the rave ask the cops to come wait outside to snag their customers.

I dont know. The real question you gotta ask yourself is, is it worth risking your freedom because of advice given by people on the net? Pills definitely have a smell to them. I dont see why cops wouldnt be able to train them to find it.

Don Luigi said:
Well I think it's more the police's decision my friend. I don't think the organisers of the rave ask the cops to come wait outside to snag their customers.
I sure know if I went to a party & they had dogs, thats the last time those people wil see me at their parties!! :p