• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

generic Roxi Blues

^ For real on that, and as for the people bashing the Mall. generics I think they're just as good if not better than most other generics, I've NEVER had issues shooting/snorting 5/15/30mg roxies, I enjoy shooting the Mallie hydromorphone, never thought oral doses of their liquid oxycodone was weaker than the brand OxyDose, their generic hydrocodone is on par with Watson and other generics, I had a demerol/promethazine cap I shot once that I'm pretty sure was from Mall. and it knocked me on my ass. Their morphine SR SUCKS BALLS compared to almost every other brand; I will say that. The only generics I think are better than Mall. are Amide and some Endo (morphine, oxycodone/apap). There's obviously a reason Mall's painkillers are popular and very widely-distributed.

I have to agree with kadaj. While I am a firm believer in differences between brand and generics and even generics and generics, I would still have to say that Mallie oxycodone is as good as anything I have experienced. I have tried them alongside Actavis (Amide) and would have to say for me they are just as potent. Even more so, if anything. Actavis, when they were available, tended to be slightly more sedating than the Mallie brand, so I would prefer to take them at night, but other than that, I experienced no difference. I have taken Mallie 5mg, 15mg and 30mg and they were all fine compared to to both Actavis and Purdue (both Oxycontin and OxyIR). Before they were discontinued, Mallies were the preferred generic for Dexedrine by approx 90% of the ADD patients posting on their main site. As far as I can tell, they are receiving an undeserved bad reputation.

I used to get the Mallie roxi 30's all the time and never noticed anything weaker about them then the roxane 30's. Granted i IV'd all my roxies so going that route I can sorta see how I wouldn't have noticed, but seriously, they're pretty much all the same. Even the ethex white ones (albeit hard as diamonds) still worked as well as the name brand.

Ive used 15mg and 30mg roxis from Amide, Ethex and Mallinckrodt 100s if not 1000s of times but never used the name brand ones. I personally liked the Amides the best because you could just look at them and they would turn into a nice little mound of powder and felt they gave the best high. The Ethex were also a nice high even though it takes a damn hammer to break them up, and the Mallies did the job but they never felt the same pill for pill compared to the other brands. It all might have been in my head, but I felt that way long before I found BL and read that other people had the same opinion of the Mallies.

i find no difference between the pale blue or bright blue or white roxis. only things different is the whites ones are hard as all get out to crush.

Haha, so very true with those white ones.
I've taken a sledgehammer to it. No joke. =]
Still got me highhh.

Again, most of the people here are describing placebo effects, and I find it amusing those who notice the most difference also suffer from horrible grammar. A negative correlation between intelligence and gullibility seems to be evident.

Anyways, the very worst you are going to experience is a a loss of potency of 20%. That is the very worst, and I highly doubt any generic company would produce every single pill at 20% less potency, because then they would run the risk of dipping below 20% in certain batches and subsequently be fined a lot of money.

As far as preparation goes, binders are not going to change the absorbtion of the actual drug by any significant degree. So again, differences will be minimal. Personally, I have had the Mallinckrodt 30 mg oxy IR as well as other brands, and there wasn't a difference. People saying they took 90 mg and felt nothing because it was generic need to realize this could not possibly be the reason, that is complete bullshit. Other people saying they felt no effects from certain generics are also full of shit. Jesus Christ people, would the FDA allow a pill to be manufactured that had no analgesic properties? Use your fucking brains (or stop using them so much and creating such a placebo effect, as the case may be).

i have done every single brand of Roxi 30s and I find all but the Amide are the exact same. Amides are off the market for a reason, to much Oxycodone per pill. Look up what the FDA did to their factory and why.

I've looked all over the internet for this accusation.. I haven't found anything other than amide accidentally manufacturing a medication for heart arrythmia that was twice as potent as it should be..
Can you post a source for this so-called FDA-recall?

You all are idiots.

The FDA REQUIRES all GENERIC MEDICATIONS to have the SAME AMOUNT of ACTIVE INGREDIENTS as the brand-name drug.

FDA website on Generic Medication

There is no +/- 80% rule for Mallincrockdt generics. That is complete horse shit.

Again, most of the people here are describing placebo effects, and I find it amusing those who notice the most difference also suffer from horrible grammar. A negative correlation between intelligence and gullibility seems to be evident.

Anyways, the very worst you are going to experience is a a loss of potency of 20%. That is the very worst, and I highly doubt any generic company would produce every single pill at 20% less potency, because then they would run the risk of dipping below 20% in certain batches and subsequently be fined a lot of money.

As far as preparation goes, binders are not going to change the absorbtion of the actual drug by any significant degree. So again, differences will be minimal. Personally, I have had the Mallinckrodt 30 mg oxy IR as well as other brands, and there wasn't a difference. People saying they took 90 mg and felt nothing because it was generic need to realize this could not possibly be the reason, that is complete bullshit. Other people saying they felt no effects from certain generics are also full of shit. Jesus Christ people, would the FDA allow a pill to be manufactured that had no analgesic properties? Use your fucking brains (or stop using them so much and creating such a placebo effect, as the case may be).

Yup I get so tired of telling people this. The FDA would not allow them to be LESS effective of any pill, this could result in dire consequences

You all are idiots.

The FDA REQUIRES all GENERIC MEDICATIONS to have the SAME AMOUNT of ACTIVE INGREDIENTS as the brand-name drug.

FDA website on Generic Medication

There is no +/- 80% rule for Mallincrockdt generics. That is complete horse shit.

You have 80 million threads on this same subject because of posts like the one shown above. Insulting people for pointing out differences that NOT ALWAYS BUT SOMETIMES DO EXIST just keeps feeding the fire.

The testing done is not simply on active ingredient but also on bioequivalence. Drugs can fall anywhere in the 80% to 125% range, with most falling in the 100% of brand category. But just because most do, does not mean that all do. You can theoretically have a bioequivalent difference of 45% if one generic is 25% above brand and the other is 20% below.

I understand that most peoples perceptions (including my own) are based on placebo effect as well as system state. In other words, I can take the exact same drug 10 times in a row and feel differently on several of those occasions.

The bottom line is, I know that some generics work better for me than others. Others know this as well. Generics of Ambien is a good example of this. If it works for me, I sleep. If it doesn't work, I DON'T GET ANY SLEEP that night. There is no arguing that I am mistaken and they are both the same. One works and the other doesn't. No amount or rationalization is going to change that fact.

You have 80 million threads on this same subject because of posts like the one shown above. Insulting people for pointing out differences that NOT ALWAYS BUT SOMETIMES DO EXIST just keeps feeding the fire.

The testing done is not simply on active ingredient but also on bioequivalence. Drugs can fall anywhere in the 80% to 125% range, with most falling in the 100% of brand category. But just because most do, does not mean that all do. You can theoretically have a bioequivalent difference of 45% if one generic is 25% above brand and the other is 20% below.

I understand that most peoples perceptions (including my own) are based on placebo effect as well as system state. In other words, I can take the exact same drug 10 times in a row and feel differently on several of those occasions.

The bottom line is, I know that some generics work better for me than others. Others know this as well. Generics of Ambien is a good example of this. If it works for me, I sleep. If it doesn't work, I DON'T GET ANY SLEEP that night. There is no arguing that I am mistaken and they are both the same. One works and the other doesn't. No amount or rationalization is going to change that fact.

Can you please post a source for this information?

Who gives a fuck about generics, if you don't like them buy the name brand. If you can't get name brand then beggers can't be choosers. I buy both and can't tell the difference and unless you are a scientific measuring device the difference is placebo. When weak studies are done they only reinforce this beleif. This is just my opinion based on my experiences.

Can you please post a source for this information?

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj070106

Whether people believe that some generics are better than others doesn't bother me much one way or the other, but it is nice to be able to help someone when their insurance doesn't cover brand by offering them the name of a generic that worked for you as well as the brand did and others that maybe didn't.

For Ambien users, many insurance companies will only pay for generic. If can be helpful to some to know that Prasco generic for most works identical to brand (Sanofi-Aventis) - supposedly even produced in the same plant. Many of the other generics don't work for me, my family and many others I have communicated with.

For generic opiates, it is not as clear as so much is subjective - particularly pain control and euphoria.

when i was in the vic and perc stage everyone told me that the mallies sucked, i thought they were just as good as watsons or "flying v's". but when i got into roxi's i do think the amides were better. but i would rather have the mallies over the ethex. never tried the v's but would like to lol i like to think they will b just like the amides.

This is to the person that has written this above. What is your I.Q.? I seriously doubt that it is even 80. You say that you find it amusing that those who notice the most differences are also the ones who suffer from the worst grammer? You are like my mama used to say "white trash". People are on these forums to discuss their problems with such things as generic drugs. If you have never felt a difference between the brand named medicines, and the generic, this is because you are probably used to putting cheap things into your body. I think most people here are really here to try and help each other, not call each other idiot's! By the way, you think that you are really good at grammer? You don't begin a sentence with ANYWAYS! You would never make it as anykind of an orator, you would have to learn not only good grammer, but some good English as well. I would bet that you only know a modicum of what you want so much for others to think you know. I have seen people living in penury, and not knowing but a fraction of English who are happier than you are, 'oh great God Apollo'. Live a little, and experience life some, before you try to judge others. You are supposed to treat others as you would want to be treated. I never tell people that " their I.Q. is lower than 80 either, but you needed some of your own medicine. Let us "all" not lower ourselves to this again, and get on with some intelligent talk. Why don't you ditch the four letter words too, you would better come off as some kind of a big practioner of some sorts!

^ Wow, signed up just to insult someone, huh?

You are quite the hypocrite, by the way..

' What is your I.Q.? I seriously doubt that it is even 80... I think most people here are really here to try and help each other, not call each other idiot's! By the way, you think that you are really good at grammer?'

'You would never make it as anykind of an orator, you would have to learn not only good grammer, but some good English as well.'

I'm pretty sure the guy isn't too concerned about becoming an 'orator'.. and if you are going to insult someone about their lack of english knowledge.. perhaps you should make use of the spell check. Good job on your thesaurus.com skills as well!

I'll end this with your own clever quotes..
'Live a little, and experience life some, before you try to judge others. You are supposed to treat others as you would want to be treated.'

Thanks for your addition to the thread, I'm sure the OP will get a lot of information from your post.

This is to the person that has written this above. What is your I.Q.? I seriously doubt that it is even 80. You say that you find it amusing that those who notice the most differences are also the ones who suffer from the worst grammer? You are like my mama used to say "white trash". People are on these forums to discuss their problems with such things as generic drugs. If you have never felt a difference between the brand named medicines, and the generic, this is because you are probably used to putting cheap things into your body. I think most people here are really here to try and help each other, not call each other idiot's! By the way, you think that you are really good at grammer? You don't begin a sentence with ANYWAYS! You would never make it as anykind of an orator, you would have to learn not only good grammer, but some good English as well. I would bet that you only know a modicum of what you want so much for others to think you know. I have seen people living in penury, and not knowing but a fraction of English who are happier than you are, 'oh great God Apollo'. Live a little, and experience life some, before you try to judge others. You are supposed to treat others as you would want to be treated. I never tell people that " their I.Q. is lower than 80 either, but you needed some of your own medicine. Let us "all" not lower ourselves to this again, and get on with some intelligent talk. Why don't you ditch the four letter words too, you would better come off as some kind of a big practioner of some sorts!

Honestly, I have never taken an IQ test so I cannot comment on exactly where my score would fall.

I wasn't insulting people just to insult them, I am making the case that less intelligent people are much more affected by the placebo effect. For example, if someone gave saline to two people, one who was a biochemist and one who was very ignorant about medicine, the person who was ignorant could be made to believe that he was being given a strong painkiller. Thus, he would feel the effects of a painkiller, where as the biochemist would not.

The rest of your post is nothing but rambling, and I would have to agree that your use of a thesaurus doesen't fit you well %).

In my mind it goes Brand, Amide, Malli, Value, Ethex. But it seems to me people like to blame the pill's potency as the problem rather then the addict's tolerance. Inanimate objects don't argue back =]

^ i never heard of value, do you mean qualiquest?(sp) with the v on them?

yeah i thought they were called valuebrand or some crap but qualitest sounds rite