• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

did you have any experience with your ofloxacin and mdma? I'm due to go to a festival at the end of my course of ofloxacin and metronidazole and am trying to gather as much info as I can!

Ofloxacin can cause arrythmia, so you should definitely be careful there (since MDMA is a stimulant). Metronidazole should be fine, but be careful with alcohol - it can make you really nauseous and there's a possibility for central toxic serotonin reaction! Good luck and be safe :)

Ofloxacin can cause arrythmia, so you should definitely be careful there (since MDMA is a stimulant). Metronidazole should be fine, but be careful with alcohol - it can make you really nauseous and there's a possibility for central toxic serotonin reaction! Good luck and be safe :)

Thanks for the info! :D I'm not a big drinker so all safe there! I was concerned about serotonin sydrome and the md, as obviously md works by blocking serotonin reuptake - does anyone know what the risk actually is? Would love to hear from anyone who had rolled on either olfloxcin or metronidazole pleeasee!

Hi Im 17 i just finished chemotherapy a month ago and I used to pop e all the time before I started treatment. Can anyone tell me if it okay to start taking ecstasy again? Or should I wait longer? And I am also taking an antibiotic 3 times a week twice a day to prevent lung disease for another two months, so is it safe to starting rolling again??

Hi Im 17 i just finished chemotherapy a month ago and I used to pop e all the time before I started treatment. Can anyone tell me if it okay to start taking ecstasy again? Or should I wait longer? And I am also taking an antibiotic 3 times a week twice a day to prevent lung disease for another two months, so is it safe to starting rolling again??

mate are you serious?
are you really planing doing a heavy drug like E after chemo? even when your are taking antibiotics???

I would recommend strong weed like AK-47 strains, but not smoked as you had lung cancer???
eating it in cookies or chocolate cake would be ok and pretty fun I guess..

I will be 2 days post antibiotic treatment when I plan to roll. I am going to be taking Amoxiclav for 10 days starting tomorrow, I am going to a music festival on the 8th. Will I be okay to roll?

considering stopping treatment a day or two early if I make a good recovery. I am a small 120 woman so I feel as though a smaller dosage of antibiotics will be fine. These are apparently strong ones as well.

Its notting hill carnival this weekend which is europes biggest party, only once a year, and i got an infection from a foot blister. The flucloxacillin is on the safe list but i cant see Phenoxymethyl penicillin potassium anywhere. I saw penicillin on the safe list but didnt know if the ones im taking are different. I dont want to miss any doses because i really want to heal but also want to roll for carnival. Im on day two of the antibiotics and its 3 days until the party. Thanks for any advice.

Hi guys

Going to a festival and about to start taking Paromomycin Sulphate for intestine bug, is this safe with mdxx or should i hold off on the antibiotics untill im finished at the festival?

What exactly is the danger of this enzyme not being broken down?

I rolled for the first time last week and I take Oxytetracycline antibiotics for acne, it's not in your list, but tetracycline is, and even has a * to indicate someone rolled safely on it?

Would this mean that any neurotoxicity was amplified?

What exactly is the danger of this enzyme not being broken down?

I rolled for the first time last week and I take Oxytetracycline antibiotics for acne, it's not in your list, but tetracycline is, and even has a * to indicate someone rolled safely on it?

Would this mean that any neurotoxicity was amplified?

I was on minocycline for acne last year, and I rolled several times while on it.

I was also prescribed amoxicillin for a sinus infection this august and rolled 2 days while I was on it and then 2 days after I finished my prescription. No ill effects, I think I may have been a bit sensitive to mdma but then again I am sensitive to MDMA in general.

But neither of these drugs are you prescription and I'm no doctor. This is just my experience with antibiotics and MDMA.

So you think they increase the sensetivity of the MDMA, kind of like reducing your tolerance? That might be why I re-dosed 3-4 times during my first roll last week and don't remember half the night, a complete newbie + boosted effects from antibiotics? = memory loss, and also for some reason I ripped a DVD box up and threw some discs around my room which I have no memory of doing. Explainations anyone? was it the antibiotics boosting the effect giving me an "overdose"?

Last edited:
Dear Comrades,

In response to the above I am currently taking Phenoxymethyl penicillin (which is not on the list) for a throat infection... Given this fact is anyone aware of any reason why it might not be a good idea to take MDMA? A quick response would be much appreciated.

Peace and love

Right know im on some antibiotics called Pivmecillinamhydrochlorid would they be safe with E?

I would say no. Pivmecillinamhydrochlorid aggravates bowel function, as does MDMA, so you're increasing the chances of getting severe diarrhea, which could lead to dehydration, malnutrition. Also, it affects your kidney function, and along with MDMA, you very likely could mess up your kidneys. Also, if you have a urinary tract infection, which is what Pivmecillinamhydrochlorid is mainly prescribed for, you shouldn't be using MDMA either. Cheers!

Hi, I want to take a cap and drink this weekend and I will be on my fourth day of antibiotics for a middle ear infection. My antibiotics are amoxicillin 875mg/potassium clavulanate 125mg tabulate.

Is this unsafe?

Thanks

Quick question. Many thanks for any response.
My girlfriend recently had a kidney infection. Taken into hospital for it 11 days ago, and kept there for 5. During her stay she had reasonably mild symptoms (as kidney infections go) and was put on IV antibiotics for 5 days. She had then started to feel better and her vital signs were stable. She was given a 1 week course of amoxicillin and sent home.

Tomorrow we are off to a music festival, where mdma is involved. Her course of antibiotics will end midday tomorrow. I have read that the half life of amoxicillin in blood is around 1 hour, meaning that after 8-10 hours there are no detectable levels of it in the blood. I presume then that she could roll (gently) tomorrow night, with our plan being to leave it 12 hours after her last dose of the course before anything else getting involved. I presume this should eliminate any worries about drug interaction?

However, I do understand that her immune system is important at the moment and that mdma can supress it. My thoughts are this though, she hasnt felt "ill" now in the last few days. When she first got back from hospital she felt very sleepy, and any activity tired her out very quickly. She was ill basically. But now, in the last 2/3 days she has pretty much no feelings of being ill. With all that said, on friday night it will have been 12 hours since the last of her amoxicillin and it will have been 4/5 days since she has felt any real symptoms. She was planning on going for half dose, and not drinking alcohol at the same time. From what I have been able to find online, I feel comfortable doing this. Any thoughts from anyone either way? Would be greatly appreciated. I would love to know how weakened the body is post infection, and how long it takes for it to get back on its feet. Really struggle to find this information though, probably looking in all the wrong places...

Many thanks.

IME, I would always wait for about a week after taking any antibiotics just to be safe. I used to get bladder infections quite often and I would always avoid alcohol or any other drugs even after a week of finishing as I believe that my body is still healing and I should always give it enough time. If I were you, I would suggest that she waits for a week more before taking mdma. Also to, be sure to test your stuff with a test kit! :)

I have to tell you, that's pretty risky behaviour. Kidney infections are not the same class as UTIs... they are renal. Damage to the kidneys is usually permanent. If her drug use triggers a relapse or the burden of the drug itself harms the kidneys, then she could go into acute renal failure and suffer more damage. It has happened before, not just with MDMA but with other drugs.

Antibiotics themselves harm the body's immune system, and festivals don't exactly have abundant resources on site to deal with this, on top of not being the cleanest of environments. People often assume that because they are feeling better than they actually are better. If she is overactive, that bit of precious leeway energy could be easily expended.

I'm not trying to scare you, but this is a harm reduction forum and I think drug use at her stage of the game is risky, especially when the course of treatment ends the day you plan to do the drugs. If she absolutely insists on doing MDMA, then a low dose is mandatory. I think it's better to wait. How many days is the festival? Would it be a pain to wait a couple of days?